Part 5 – Lift, Afternoon

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

 

I don’t even remember how could this thing happen, or keep happening. It feels like thousands of possibility just make this stuff to be happens right now. I don’t know why, and how, but yes, I still remember him, the man from subway, bus and Library. The same man that now stands about feet away from me inside this squared shape little room called lift.

It just happens that way, I mean, Its not Wednesday, a day for me to visit my sister on hospital. Well, you know, she’s not sick or something, but she’s work here, and she always makes me visited her every Wednesday at lunch time which makes me always have my lunch late. For the record, today is Friday, and weirdly, she suddenly calls me, forcing me to go visit her because she has something important to tell and give me. So here I am now, stand far behind inside the lift that really crowd after I finish my art history class.

Oh yeah, back to this man again. He’s stand there still with his earphone plug on his ears. He like usual, bring two bags, one a backpack and a satchel in one of his hands. He stand right front of the lift door, while I’m far behind, hided between people in lift too. I only can see his back, and it feels like I supposed to greet him, since the last time we met on the bus, he greeting me even just a smile, and waving hands, and smile, and… a nice enchanting smile. I quickly blink my eyes to makes me back into reality when I can’t stop picturing his smile that time, which is like, I don’t know, two or three weeks ago.

I lift my head to over the lift door when suddenly there’s a ding sound come. It’s fourth floor and my sister is at seventh floor. I just sigh for a little while before I realizing if it’s only three person left at this lift. Only me, a doctor and that guy again. He seems still not realizing my presence here, since he still stand right in front of the door, not even turn his head to checking something or anything. He crossing his hand in front of his chest, and even from his back I can guessing if he closing his eyes now.

The lift’s door open as the ding voice come. It’s seventh floor, the floor where I supposed to get off. Unsurprisingly, the doctor that still inside the lift, also get out from there, with me following behind. I slowly out from the lift and passing that guy with no word like we’re completely stranger—well, in this case, we are strangers into each other, even we always accidentally run into each other—and never met before. I walk slowly like nothing happen, but then I just stop with no reason after few steps and turn my body toward the lift behind which the door isn’t close yet.

And for god sake, it all happens again.

There he is, smile slowly and sweetly toward me who only look at him like an idiot. He says nothing and just stays in his place while I’m not even reply his smile or do something. Our eyes meet, and he just stand there while the lift’s door is slowly closed, until I realize if it’s really close, and his presence just gone like that. Again.