Part 2 – Library, noon

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

I grumbling slowly to myself—more like cursing—when I arrived at Public Library. It’s not like I’m kind of person that had a bad mouth, no, it just rain. Seriously, it’s middle of summer, and suddenly a heavy rain get into town like there is something that gonna happen today, especially when I already decide to go painting outdoor at town park. Try to saving my paint kit in rush and run to the nearest building to hide from the rain.

I still try to wipe up my tee from the droplet. Realizing if it’s useless I only sigh and bring my stuffs inside the building, hoping the air conditioner wouldn’t make me catch flu in days.

After out my belonging on the front desk, I walk toward the place I know so well. It’s far on the back of the building. Almost in the corner near the back door is. I walk toward that spot as I use my both hand to feels the book when I passing by. By held my hand over the shelves and let it touch the book randomly. Feeling the hard surface or even the paper that somehow slight cold in my hand, leaving funny feeling when I bring my fingers to smells it. I arrived on the corner where the shelves or the history book are. Yes you can call me nerds or something, but hey, no one can’t live without leaving history, and even it looks like I can’t move on, but come on.

I smile to myself when I get around the shelves and found my favorite spot is empty. Well actually, this very spot is always empty thought, since it’s history section, and far behind the library. No desk here, only a floor with a quiet wide window on the corner which giving a great light for reading on this place. I get into the floor and sit in front of the shelves, try to find something to read today, and in the end, I end up with the history of World War II. After I get what I find, I crawl slowly toward the wall which the window is exactly beside it, make sure I’m comfort with my sit position before start to open the book and read it.

It’s fun to read the history all over again. I’ve already done this kind of stuffs on Senior High which makes me just like need to replay the memory of my high School on this subject. I still lost in my own world until I heard footstep getting closer. I raise one of my eyebrows, feeling weird since I never get intruder whenever I read at this place. I can see a shadow from the shelves. A glimpse of someone who is actually stands on the other side of the shelves. This person take the book and start to walk again which is try to get around the shelves toward where I sit now. I’m just shrugging for a little while and back toward my book again, pretending there is nothing happen.

“I hate this love song… I hate this love song… I hate this love song…”

I stop reading eventually when I heard the song being sung by this person slowly in low tone. I still gazing at the book on my hand, but I can’t even read any single word from it as my head keep repeating the simple lyric of ‘Love Song’ just like what this guy just sung. I glancing slowly from the corner of my eyes toward where this man stand, and since I sit on the floor, all I can see is his red ‘Nike’ sneakers and his jeans which is slight wet and covered in some dirt, tells if he just run under the rain too, perhaps longer than me.

“I hate this—Oh Mon Dieu!”

I raised my head in second and realize how this guy gasping in shock and now he has both of his hand in front of his chest. Showing how shock he is when he realize if I sit on the floor. He seems not realize my presence there when he stand feet away from me. He looks like someone that I know, but who? It feels like I ever see this guy face, but not even remember who. He’s using an earphone and he’s incredibly tall with his dark brown hair. His hand is slight big and—oh! I remember now! He’s the man from subway few days ago—he’s look like a kid, or perhaps high school student.

He still looks at me until he realizes if he supposed not to. He then rubs behind his head awkwardly and look everywhere but me. I’m still looking at him, because honestly, I found it funny to look at how this guy acts weirdly in front of me. He slowly turns his head toward me and smile. Smile at me and honestly that makes me return the smile in second, because it’s feels… nice? I don’t know. Still with his smile on his face, he nods his head for a little while toward me. I guess it’s kind of apology for interrupting me—or he just try to being polite—and quickly leave alone again on this place. I still look at the shades of the guy as he turns behind another shelve before it really gone. I don’t really know why, but I can’t even get any single point of the book that I read that day after meet that guy.