Part 1 – Subway, night

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

It was just another day when I take the subway. A book on my right hand when the other one I use to flip every page that I crazily get into. I have this small pen on behind my left ear, hanging and hide under my brown hair. I used to makes some small notes on the side pages of the book, where usually left so many space to write. I like to write about everything, about the character or how the story goes. Sometimes I write about my thought of the writer, or where the story supposed to end. And on another lazy time, I would even write what I should buy at grocery just before I back home.

I sigh to myself as I close the book. I look at the watch on my left hand that showing me if it’s already eight at night. I’m turning my eyes to look around only to find if the subway not that crowd like in the morning. I can see just a little person who really pay attention to their surrounding. There this couple on the corner who giggling cause perhaps they in love. An old man near the door in front of me. With her red umbrella on her side while her brown scarf lingered on her shoulder tightly. It seem like there this man on the corner who homeless. His look terrible even he just close his eyes like he pretend to sleep or he actually sleep. I feel bad to think like that about him which makes me decide to turn my gaze back toward the closed book on my lap. I take the pen from behind my ear slowly until I realize there this person beside me. About three feet away and he close his eyes.

He use an earphones. Hanging on his ear and not really care to his surrounding. He close his eyes and has this satchel over his lap even he already use backpack. His hair is such a mess, and by seeing his knuckle over his satchel, I can guess how thin this guy is. He has a quiet big hands for someone who look so young in his age. I blinking my eyes for a little while until I realize for how long I’ve been staring this guy which makes me embarrass myself for being rude, maybe I supposed to apologize at him, but then I realize if he not even know if I stared at him. I turn my gaze back at my front only to find the old lady in front of me smile sweetly toward me. I don’t really know what the smile’s supposed to mean, but I just smile back at her and feels something weird inside me for no reason, as I waited for my stops.