Part 15 - The talk

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

When she wakes up this morning, she realizes she must doing something. She gets into bathroom and brushes her teeth after she splashing some water into her face. She look at her reflection in the mirror before she decide to get out from her room and get into kitchen preparing breakfast for her and her brother. She also thinking about perhaps she must put the food in front of her brother room again this time, since she could see at the food that stay still in front of the door at the corner at the hall, untouched.

She only sighs as she get the stairs and get down, something that really bad to do for a new day. she walk toward kitchen while her hand is trying to tied up her hair into pony tail, until she realized a delicious smell come from the kitchen. She stops on the doorway and looking at the woman who is busying herself in front of the stoves as she’s making something.

“I don’t know if you already home mom?” Ahra get into the kitchen and take the chair in the dining table before she sit there and looking at the pancake that look still warm “you make all of this?”

“What happen to your brother?” her mom only gave her another question back instead of answer it. she turn off the stoves and turn her body before put another pancake on the plate. Ahra still not answer her, because honestly she doesn’t know what to say. “Is he sick or something?”

Ahra just keep silent as she realizes if her mom is already looking at her. She can’t run from her question for sure, and that is the thing that makes her sigh and finally open to saying something “I don’t know…” she shrugs a little when the words come out from . And honestly she knowing what’s going on, but of course she wouldn’t saying that. She just continues “I just home the time I found out he locked himself up in his room yesterday, I have no chance to ask him”

Another lie, it’s already three days Kyu locked himself in his room.

Her mom just put her gazes down and finally brings a plate of pancakes with a glass of milk and put it on the table. She slowly turns her head toward the window in the kitchen as her eyes are locked into something which makes Ahra try to follow her gaze. She knows where she looked up to “That flower soil is dry, he hasn’t watering it lately, isn’t he?”

Ahra still look at the flower that her mom talking about. She only turn her head toward her mom who is slowly take the pancake and the glass of milk with her as she leave the room. She knows, her mom must headed to Kyu’s room right now, but she not try to stop her or do something, she know, soon or later, her mom must know about all of this.

 

.

.

.

 

It’s not what he really wants to do right now. It’s been three days and he feel his head kind of ache when he suddenly must sit instead of sleeping or just rolling all over his bed. He could see his hair that really mess since all he done in three days is only laid on his bed and do nothing. He not even take bath and just stare at the window in his room all day long when he laid on his bed, but now, he should sleep and look at his mother that getting around in his room.

He would like to questioning it. Today, her mom must be still out of the town, since she said so almost a week ago, and he doesn’t understand why her mom would bother to bring his breakfast inside his room, while usually she would never do that. If it was Ahra that bring him the food, he would never opening his bedroom door since the first time, but when he hears if it’s mom in front of the door, he quickly open it and let her in.  

Honestly he’s hungry, really. his eyes is keep fixed on the pancakes across his bed over his desk. Hell, it’s been three days since the last time he remember he has meal, and he really is want to eat that pancakes right now.

“Aren’t you hungry Kyu?”

He turns his head toward his mom that stops beside the window which makes the light is overshadowed by her presence in the room. Kyu only smile a little as he finally stand on his feet and walk toward his desk and take the fork before he finally eat the pancakes and almost cry in happiness, just because it taste really good and since he’s really hungry. He eat it really fast and chews it like it something that might be his last meal ever. He also emptied the glass of milk in second just after he finish the pancake. He sighs with a smile after he finish his food and turn his chairs slowly only to see if his mom already sit on his bed with a smile.

She’s looking at him softly before she using her hand on her side, using it to tapping the empty space in the bed as a sign to Kyu to move there. Kyu know if there must be something to talk about and slowly he get up from his chair and sit beside his mom. He could see if his mom still smiling before she put a hand around his shoulder and laid her head a little into his. This is something new, something, that his mom never done to him, but it feels nice.

“Is there something happen Kyu?” he could hear his mom voice that very low almost whisper. Very low just like she says it while she’s sad. “What’s going on?”

Kyu could feel the soft touch between his hairs that comes from his mom’s hand. He could feel the small tap of her finger between his scalps, somehow it makes him calm. He thinks about the question, something that must be easy if he just saying what happens, but he knows he couldn’t. Kyu straighten up his sit position which makes his mom take off her hand from him and look at him right now. Kyu realize if he wants to say the thing, he should look at her in the eyes, and that’s what he do right now.

“I think I like someone mom…” Kyu says it softly which makes his mom is smile a little like she already know what he’s going to say. Kyu takes a deep breath before he’s continuing what he wants to say “this person is the one that give me that, Lily of the Nile, and… well, he’ll leave to France next month…”

She’s only smiling before she put a hand on his shoulder “Well, if it that case you should—wait, ‘He’!?” her expression is changing in second, and her eyes are wide open. Kyu quickly bring his gaze down and close his mouth tight “what do you mean with ‘He’? You say this person is actually a guy!?”

Kyu stay silent while his mom already takes her hands off from him. He could feel if there is a movement of her that slight backward from him. He could feel if his mom takes her gaze off from him. And so, there is a long silent afterward.

Kyu encouraging himself as he slowly lift his head to look at his mom who is now only stare at the wall across her, blankly “… Mom… I… I…”

“I know…” she says suddenly while she still not looks at Kyu but the wall across her “… just give me a moment to accept that…”

He hopes Ahra suddenly storm into the room melting the situation and help him out from here. Or suddenly his mom need go to the office so they would talk about this again later. Or perhaps something like an earthquake happen and suddenly there is a tsunami that going to blow every house in the town which makes his mom forgot about all of this talk, but he know it won’t. There wouldn’t be something or anything that going to help him right now. There is only him and a little bit of luck if there is something that called ‘luck’.

Suddenly Kyu back into reality when he hears a sobs comes from his mom. He could see she’s smile widely but there is tears that fall from her eyes over and over. Kyu want to get closer at his mom, telling her if he’s sorry and promise he would change, but he’s not. His body turn freeze just amoment when he realizes if he’s the one that makes his mom cry. He makes her cry just because he say that actually this person is ‘he’. Kyu lost his courage. He just stays still and wait to any possibility that might happens afterward.

“You know…” her mom says suddenly with her voice that sounds weird between her sobs “you should do something then Kyu.”

“… Mom…”

“No! Listen to me.” She says with a slight high tone which makes Kyu stops talking in second. He looks at his mom and look at her face that try to force a smile really hard there “if you like him, do something. Do something to keep him around, or perhaps, do something that makes him going to get back at you when he’s back from France.”

Her mom suddenly stands from the bed and walk closer to Kyu. She put her hand on his shoulder and squeeze it for a little while before she’s smile and move her hand to caressed his cheeks “Just makes sure you’re not going to regret your own decision Kyu.”

Kyu not say anything when his mom finally takes her hands off from him and turn her body before she walk away from the room. He looks at the closed door then turn his gaze into his feet. He thinks about what his mom just say. He doesn’t know exactly what she’s mean with her words, but then he know he should do something right now.

Kyu turn his body in second and look at his phone that laid on his bed near the pillow. He takes his phone right away and open the screen lock as he try to find one number and call it up.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My Laptop is back, yeah! \O/

Thanks for reading :))