Part 4.2 – The Fourth Avenue café, Lunch

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

He has this pot of flowers in his right hand as he enters the place. He holds the pot in his right hand while he uses his left to hold the door and get inside slowly. The bell over the door is ringing when he open the door, telling people inside if he just enter the place. He not looking around at the place, like he checking if this place is crowded or something, but he just walk straight into one table instead. It is a table around the corner. The second row from the window, back facing one table that exactly face the wide glass. He always wonders how could this table never taken when he get into this café, but then he never ask either. Without hesitation he just walk toward the table, and sit on the chair, completely back facing the window, and not even really care to the person behind him who face the wide glass.

Someone get closer by him. He lifts his head a little and looks if that person is the owner of this place. He know as manners the owner of course need to ask him what his orders, but then, since he always go here at Wednesday, he just smile and nod as an answer from the owner look. The owner understands what that means, and leaves him with say nothing toward the kitchen and makes his order.

He just wants to play his playlist on his iPod when suddenly his phone ring. It’s a phone call from his sister that makes him want to scream for help.

“Ahoy, noona!” he says slowly in quiet low tone. His face is change from happy to quiet annoyed as the talk getting long.

“…”

“Aah, alright then, you know I’m on the fourth avenue café…”

“…”

“Why you always disturbing my lunch!?”

“…”

“Alright…” he sigh a little and stand from his seat as he bring the flower pot with, leaving his bag and belonging on the table “I’ll wait you outside, if you not showed up in five minutes, say goodbye to your flower pot!”

“Leave already?” He turn his head toward his left and found if the owner of this place already stand beside his table with his order. He’s placing the blueberry cheese cake on the table with a cup of earl gray tea beside it.

“Actually not…” he smile with taking a little deep breath “My noona asking for her carnation outside, I’ll just leave for a little while.” He starts to walk pass the owner and stops in second as he turn his body facing the older “by the way, thanks Yoochun-ssi” and leave.

 

.

.

.

 

He enters the building again with a slight smile on his face. He smile in quiet victory when he successfully makes his sister quiet pissed when he told her if he already throw the flower on the garbage since she late seventeen seconds.   

The place is slight crowd since it already tea time or something which makes him finally decide just use his earphone when he sit on the table and enjoying his dish. He walk pass through Yoochun with smile as the older response it in second before he back on his work on the kitchen too. The table behind his, which is facing the window already empty, which makes him quiet questioning it, since usually that person always come before him and leave after him.

He quickly shook his head to makes him back into his world when he realize what he’s thinking about. He get into his chair and take his iPod as he use the earphone slowly. The music starts and makes hi m lost in his own world as he start to enjoying his dish. He eat the cake slowly and take a sip of his earl gray until he realize something.

There is this small kind of blue to purple petal flower on the plate of his cup of tea. He look at it for a little while before put the cup back on the table and pick the petal instead and examine it. It’s a small petal with a nice kind of blue but also purple color, but then he doesn’t know what the name of this flower is. He look around to the place, wonder if he has any idea or clue about this flower. About someone who put it there, since he’s sure if it wasn’t there when Yoochun give his order. He look around but then, there’s no clue about it which makes him only shrugging and put the flower petal over his phone, to remind him for bring it home, instead of leaving it on the table.