The Boy Next Door (Jackson Wang)

Love Letter scenarios ft. VIXX (NOW CLOSED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: fluff, rom-com Requester: /   He’s cool, he’s funny, and he’s terribly attractive; what else could a girl want? You see, I’ve never quite understood why girls go crazy over bad boys. I mean they’re only going to break your heart and leave you crying into your pillow for days on end. I don’t really get it. I wouldn’t say I disliked him, because I actually enjoyed his dorky jokes and lame pick-up lines. But I wouldn’t say we were friends either. We’d never actually spoken, yet I knew a lot about him. It’s hardly my fault; my sister has a huge crush on his friend Jinyoung and practically updates me on everything each member of his friendship group does. Jackson Wang – the boy who was my secret neighbour. So secret he didn’t even know it himself. He was the boy from Hong Kong who attended an American school; every girl knew that. Girls would fall head over heels for his American accent. He started fencing at the age of ten. My best friend and I had watched him, mainly because Jinyoung would be there and wherever Jinyoung is, she is. He was trained by his father and his mum is a gold medallist. He and his elder brother were trained in gymnastics. I had listened to him rambling and bragging in classes, smiling with my chin resting on my folded arms. Jackson and I had made eye contact once or twice, mainly when he drops his pen behind him and turns around to retrieve it.   I was walking home from school as per usual, closing my eyes and taking in the warm sunshine. I heard a yell and stopped in my tracks. “Watch out!” I squinted, making out seven figures on those scooter things they ride around all the time. I made out Jinyoung’s face and he bowed his head to me. Me and Jinyoung spoke occasionally, though mainly when my best friend dragged me along because she was apparently too nervous to talk to him by herself. He knew; any fool would know. I frowned as I saw Jackson racing towards me, a worried expression plastered on his face. Only a few metres away from me, he moved out of the way, stopping. He raised an eyebrow. “Umm… why didn’t you move out the way when JB yelled to you?” His red-haired friend placed a hand on his shoulder, nodding at him to chill out. My eyes swayed between the two. “You just shocked me that’s all. J-joesonghabnida!” I turned to walk away when I heard him reply. “I’m sure I can forgive you. Please be careful next time.” I smiled to myself like a fool. Dork. I continued to walk home alone, my heart still beating rapidly from the shock of almost being ran over. My walk home was not so quiet, however, as I thought it would be. I hopped up to my door and pulled out my keys. I eyed Jackson in the corner of my eye, as he looked over and grinned. “Hey neighbour! If I had known you lived next to me, I’d visit you!” he winked at me and reached out, taking my wrist in his. “Come on, I want to show you around my house and get to know you.” Jackson opened the door and pulled me along inside. My jaw dropped. It was like paradise. “I never knew you were rich, Jackson-ssi.” He laughed and kicked off his trainers. I kicked off my shoes.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter