Kind Ahjussi

NO APPA!!!ONLY UMMA!!

Changmin was getting tired.

He had been out,shopping with his mother for now almost 3 hours.They had bought mostly daily stuff because they had visited the supermarket first.Then they had gone to buy him new shoes as his older one were torn after he had used them mercilessly.Now they were in some stationery shop.And he was hungry.Very.

'Umma!!Hunglllyy!!',he whined,tugging at Jaejoong's hand for the nth time.Jaejoong nodded absentmindedly,checking out some envelopes.Little Minmin tugged more urgently causing Jaejoong to look at him.

'What happened Changmin?',Jaejoong asked,eyes on the envelopes.

'Minnie tummy hungly.It wants food!'little Minmin said,patting his stomach.

'In a moment,Changmin-ah'Jaejoong said,stil lost in those envelopes.Changmin pouted lightly.He was to hungry and his umma was all busy in the envelopes.He was hungry! And he wanted food!Lots of it.He looked around him,really bored and hungry.His eyes caught some thing colourful on one of the shelves.He slipped his hand out of Jaejoong's loose grip and went to see what it was.It were colourful erasers in shape of foods.Burger-shaped,banana-shaped, dumpling-shaped,cake-shaped.And it was making little Changmin more and more hungry.He was almost drooling on them when a bell-sound passed by.He looked out of the glass wall of the store and saw a ice-cream cart passing by.

It was as if his legs carried him on their own.Outside the door.Towards the cart.He was really hungry and the ice cream looked so inviting.He stood by the cart,looking wistfully at the colourful ice-cream paintings on it.He must have looked so hungry and miserable that the ahjumma managing the cart called him.

'Hey little boy.Do you want an ice-cream?',she asked.Changmi nodded eagerly before rembering something.He frowned again.

'But I have no money,ahjumma',little Minmin said,remembering what his mother had taught. He looked so sad that the old lady's heart melted right away.

'Its okay.Today is free ice cream day!'she said cheerfully.Little Minmin's face lit up so much that it could have rivalled the sun.A cute toothy grin spread on his face making the ice-cream lady almost squeal and fangirl over him.

'I want chocolate,ahjumma',he said.'Please',he added,remembering what his umma had told him about asking others. The ice-cream lady was just an inch from jumping on him and hugging him tightly.She quickly made his ice cream and added a little chocolate ribbon on it as an extra.Little Changmin squealed in delight and the ahjumma also squealed in the cuteness of him.

'Thank you,ahjumma!!',he said, the sweet,cold treat.

'Aigoo!So cute!',the lady squealed,patting his head.She waved him bye before going on her way.Changmin kept on waving to her and when she went,he turned to go back into the stationery shop.But he stopped,not seeing the stationery shop anywhere.There just people.Lots of people.But no stationery shop where his mother was.

He was lost.

                                                                             -x-x-x-
Jaejoong atlast finished his shopping at the stationery shop.He clutched at the empty hand,his son's tiny grip not onto his fingers.

'Changminnie!C'mon!Umma finished!Lets go for snacks!',Jaejoong called his son,thinking that Changmin must be among the many shelves and racks in the shop.He searched around a shelf of pens and pencils.He didn't find him there.Jaejoong took a deep breathe,trying to calm down.But his 'mother's' instict were acting up.Something was not right.

'C'mon,Minmin!Lets go to eat your favourite noodles!',Jaejoong called,hoping the name of food would bring him out.Still no answer.His heart beating fast,he went to the billing counter.

'Excuse me,sir.Have you happened to see a little boy of about 3 years old,wearing a red shirt, anywhere?' ,Jaejoong asked at the billing counter.The man behind the counter shook his head.Jaejoong's heart sank.

'You did see,Jin.You let him out',a girl,apparently a co-worker,said to him.Jaejoong's stomach gave an unpleasant lurch,his foreboding increasing.

'Excuse me.Where did you see him?',Jaejoong asked the girl,trying to control his rapidly growing panic.She frowned for sometime before reply.

'Don't know sir.But sometime ago,my friend here let out a little boy wearing a red shirt out.He went outside,but don't know where',the girl said,returning to her work.Jaejoong's heart was wrapped in cold fear,a panic attack on edge.

Changmin was lost.

                                                                             -x-x-x-
'Umma!Umma!'.

Changmin ran around,his ice cream long lost somewhere,probably a sticky mess on the road.He dashed about aimlessly,tears running like rivers from his eyes which searched for his mother.He ran on blindly,screaming pitieously,earning sympathetic glances from passers-by who just went on,clucking in sympathy,but not one stopping to help the little kid.

'Umma!Whele ale you?Umma!Minnie scaled!',little Changmin screamed,now in hysterics.He suddenly bumped into someone,making him fall.He cried more as he fell on his ,hurt and sadness pouring out of his eyes.

'Aigoo.What happened,little boy',a kind,warm voice asked.

'Um..umma!',Changmin sobbed.A warm hand patted his back.

'Where is you umma?',the warm voice asked again.Changmin sobbed,pointing behind him in a vague direction.

'Min..Minmin was hungly.So Minmin went to eat ice cleam.But then Minmin couldn't find umma!',little Changmin cried,tears now wetting his shirt.

'How about ahjussi help you find you umma?',the voice said.Little Changmin looked up to see a pair of warm,almond eyes smiling at him.He nodded,hicupping slightly.He grasped the ahjussi's hand,vaguely remembering something his umma telling him about how not to go with strangers alone.But this ahjussi looked really kind and Changmin wanted his mother badly.

'How about another ice cream,while we search for you umma?',the ahjussi said.Little Changmin nodded cutely.They got ice cream and went in serch for Changmin's mother in teh direction Changmin had pointed.But even after almost an hour,with the ice cream finished,they still hadn't found Changmin's umma.Little Minmin was on verge of crying again.

'Hey.Don't cry,little boy.We will find umma quickly',the ahjussi said.Changmin nodded,sniffing.He felt his face being wiped by a soft handkerchief.

'You have beautiful eyes,little boy.You shouldn't make them sad like this',the ahjussi said.

'My umma gave them to me',little Changmin said,rubbing away any tears.

'Really?Then your mother must be very beautiful',the ahjussi smiled.Changmin nodded happily,somehow cheered by the thought of his beautiful mother.But no soooner he thought about it,than tears rolled down his cheeks.

'Hey.Don't cry.Don't you want your umma to see you smiling than crying?',the ahjussi said gently.Changmin nodded, wiping again his eyes.He should be smiling when umma comes.

 

They still walked on,searching.

                                      -x-x-x-
Jaejoong was having a panic attack,as he ran around like crazy,searching for his son.He had asked almost everyone he met on road,but none had seen Changmin.His panic was growing every moment he couldn't find him.

His baby boy was all alone,lost somewhere,scared.What if something bad had happened? His baby kidnapped?Or worse,hit by some vehicle!?The thought nearly gave Jaejoong a heart attack, almost making him scream out in terror.He increased his speed,eyes tearing up as he searched for his son.He blamed himself for losing him.He shouldn't have left his hand.Should have kept an eye on him.The failure of being a parent,a mother at that,stabbed Jaejoong's heart.

He ran across the road,almost pushing people,to find his child.He had ran a few blocks more when he suddenly crashed into someone.

'I am sorr-?Changminnie!',Jaejoong yelled when he saw his son.

'Umma!',the little kid cried,jumping on Jaejoong who hugged him really tight.Jaejoong bit back a sob,as he hugged his baby tightly,rocking him lightly,joy and relief at having found him atlast.Little Changmin buried his head in the crook of Jaejoong's neck,inhaling deeply the warm,familiar jasmine and vanilla scent of his mother,happy atlast.

'My baby!Umma is so sorry,dear!My poor dear must have been so scared!Umma is sorry',Jaejoong said,kissing Changmin all over his face.

'Minmin is solly too,umma.Minmin scaled when he saw no umma.But ahjussi helped Minmin',Changmin said,pointing at the person who had been with him. Jaejoong looked over his head at the person.

'I am really thankful to you for being with my son',Jaejoong said,bowing as much as he could,with Changmin in his arms.

'It's ok.Don't worry.He looked really sad.I am glad hefound his mother atlast',the man said,his brown eyes twinkling good-naturedly.

'How do I thank you?',Jaejoong asked.

'Ah.No its okay.Really',the man said.

'Please!I want to thank you.It was due to you I found my baby',Jaejoong said.

'No.Really.It's fine'.

'I insist.Please.Let me atleast treat you to something',Jaejoong said.The man saw that Jaejoong was adamant.He sighed before agreeing.Jaejoong gave a lovely smile.

'How about lunch this weekend?',Jaejoong asked.

'Oh.That will be wonderful',the stranger said.

'Thank you.Can I have your number so that I can contact you..Mr..er..',Jaejoong said,trailing off.

'Yunho. Jung Yunho'.

                                                                                -x-x-x-

 

Yayyy!!YunJae meet!!!XDD

i wanna be minnie..so i can get free ice-creams and get saved by Yun appa...*hit*

i hope you like this chapter!!

Comments are most welcome!!

Kamsahamnida