Past

NO APPA!!!ONLY UMMA!!

'I am so nervous,Yunho',Jaejoong whispered,getting out of the car.

'Hey.It's fine.I am here.Let's go',Yunho said,as he picked up Changmin who was clinging to his trousers,looking at the huge place with equally huge eyes.Jaejoong trailed after them,gulping down his nerves and trying to appear smart and cool.He was one of the Diva Kims.He should behave like one.But drat it.This place was overwhelming.

Yunho smiled at him,holding his cold and clammy hand,squeezing it with assurance.Jaejoong tried to smile back,as he fidgeted with his suit,trying to tidy the impeccable suit.

'It will be alright.It's just a dinner.And Umma,Appa and Jihye will be there too.Don't worry,Jae.You look lovely',Yunho said,pecking his cheek.Jaejoong nodded,forcing a smile as his heart threatened to jump out of his chest.God.He hadn't been this nervous even when he had annouced he was gay to his parents.This was nerve-wracking.

'I know,Yun.But it's so hard.All will be so well-dressed and well-mannered.They will be some big people who have done so much in life.I don't know what-?'.

He was cut off by a gentle kiss.He looked into the warm almond eyes,finding strength in them.

' You are the most important thing to me.And you are not to underestimate yourself.I love you and Changmin very much.They are all just business associates.But you both are my family',Yunho said.And just like that he had removed all insecurities in Jaejoong's heart.How he managed it,Jaejoong still didn't understand.But he was grateful for it.He squeezed Yunho hand back and gave a stunning smile,feeling at ease.They got out of the lift and made their way to the huge rooftop of the hotel.

It was anniversary of Jung Inc.The day the empire had first tasted success 40 years ago.And was now rolling in the lap of it.So each year,it would be banquet for the Jung family and the all the associate companies which were a part of the huge empire.And this year,as the young Head's fiance,Jaejoong was also obliged to go.It was like a formal introduction of him to the others.And of course,little Changmin was there as he had absolutely refused to stay with Junsu,wanting to be with his umma.So here he was,taking in the granduer of the place with his huge,Bambi eyes.

'Jaejoong-ah!Changmin-ah!'.

The trio turned to see Mrs.Jung waving at them.Inspite her age,Mrs.Jung looked lovely in her attire.Not too gawdy.Not too flashy.Just the right peach shade for a woman of her age and standing.Add to that her womanly grace and motherly looks,she was quiet the woman who had helped Mr.Jung build this empire.

'Omonim,you look wonderful',Jaejoong said,genuinely taken by her grace.

'Oh no.The one shining here is you.You look so beautiful today too',she said,causing her soon to be son-in-law to turn cherry-red.

'And Changminnie,how are you?'she said,hugging the daylights out of the toddler.

'Annyeong Glandma.Minmin is good.How is Glandma?'he asked,tilting his head cutely.Which caused Mrs.Jung to let out a not-so-Jung-like squeal.

'I am also fine,Minnie.Grandpa will be happy to meet Changminnie too',she said.Changmin looked at Jaejoong who smiled and nodded encouragingly.He watched the two of them go.He looked at Yunho who smiled back at him.

'Oh!Jaejoong!Yunho!'

They turned to see Yoochun waving wildly at them.They watched him come over to them,grinning like a lunatic.

'When did you two arrive?',he asked,after he had hugged Jaejoong and exchanged warm greetings.

'Just now.You been here long?',Yunho asked.

'Nah.Just a few minutes before you.I was trying to convince Junsu to come here as my date',he said,grinning widening so much it hurt to see it.

'What?',Jaejoong asked,wondering how did this happen.

'Yeah.He promised me a date',Yoochun said.

'What?',Jaejoong repeated like broken record,utterly gobsmacked by the news.Now a certain duck- Kim had explaining to do.Rather,a lot of explaining to do.

'So why didn't he come?',Yunho asked.

'He said something about babysitting Changmin',Yoochun said.

'But Changmin came with us',Yunho said.Yoochun opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted.

'Jae oppa!you look so wonderful!',Jihye said as she hugged the said man.

'And you look pretty too',Jaejoong complimented,making the girl blush and giggle.She turned to Yunho.

'Appa is looking for you',she said to her brother.

'Why?',Yunho asked,knowing that the banquet was yet to officially start.

'Don't know.He just asked me to send you',she said.Yunho frowned.

'I will be back.You sure you will be fine?',he turned to Jaejoong.

'Gosh!We are not going to eat him!',Jihye said,rolling her eyes.Jaejoong laughed as he pecked Yunho on the cheek, urging him to go.

'He is such a possessive idiot.Jae oppa,if he ever bothers you too much,just come to me',she said.Jaejoong chuckled as he nodded.

'Speaking of that,where is my cutie-pie nephew?',Jihye asked,looking around.

'He is with Omonim',Jaejoong said.Jihye looked delighted as she skipped off to meet Changmin.Jaejoong shook his head,smiling in adoration at the Jung siblings.

'Hey,you want anything to drink?',Yoochun asked.

'Just some water',Jaejoong said.

'Cool.Stay here.I will get you some',Yoochun said,disappearing into the crowds and leaving Jaejoong to look at the elegantly dressed men and women.All the people here were the creme de le creme of the society.People who had carved a place for themselves in the world.And Jaejoong felt like how a crow would feel in a herd of peacocks. He suddenly needed to find Changmin and hold him.That would calm him down.

'Jaejoong!',Yunho voice came from behind him and he turned to see him coming his way,a person with him and Changmin in his arms.

'Hey Jae.Meet one of our raw material providers',Yunho said,gesturing at the man.And Jaejoong's legs nearly gave out from the variety of emotions assailing him

'Minwoo',Jaejoong gasped,voice inaudible.

'Heloo Jaejoong.Long time no see',Shim Minwoo said,smirking at the pale guy.

Jaejoong trembled slightly as he struggled to keep calm.But how could he?When the person before him was the same person he had loved so much.Loved so much that he had even borne him a child.The same man who had abandoned that very child and Jaejoong.The same man who had stolen Jaejoong's heart and stabbed it brutally.How could he be calm.

'Minwoo',Jaejoong repeated,this time louder.His legs were shaking as 5 years of memories assailed him,weakening his will power to not collapse.He didn't know what he was feeling.Anger?Sorrow?Relief?He didn't know as he took in the features of the man that Changmin had inherited.The high cheekbones,the eyes which grew mismatched when they smiled,the tall and lean body,the full lips,the slightly big ears.Jaejoong let of a silent whimper as more memories hit him.Memories of him the man in front of him.Of the time when they had promised the world to each other.Of the time when that promise was splintered and burned.Leaving nothing but ashes and coldness.A darkness from which Jaejoong was still struggling to come out of.

'You guys know each other?',Yunho asked,looking at them simultaenously.

'Oh rather well.Or intimately,should I say.',Minwoo said,as he ran his eyes up and down Jaejoong who looked gorgeous in the impeccable silk suit.

'Really?',Yunho asked,looing back and forth between the two.

Jaejoong could barely get a word out.What can he say?What does one say to someone who has left them at the most vulnerable stages in their lives?As Minwoo had left Jaejoong when the pretty fellow needed him the most.What does one say when one abandons their own unborn offspring,saying it isn't theirs?As Minwoo had done,unashamedly saying that Jaejoong was a and a freak for getting knocked up.But Jaejoong had struggled, hoping against hope that person whose child he was carrying would return.And hug him and the child as his own. Jaejoong had nursed false faith that Minwoo would come back to him and Changmin,loving them as a husband and a father would.

'You didn't know?Jaejoong and I were really,really close.What is this,Jaejoong?Ashamed to tell Jung about your escapades'.Jaejoong would have fainted right there from the sheer pressure and hurt from the words he was hearing.

'Ashamed to tell that you are such a pathetic,little twit',Minwoo said.

'Shim,mind your words!',Yunho growled,as he heard the words.He could see their effects on Jaejoong and that was not at sitting well with him.At all.He didn't really know what relation Jaejoong had with man,but insulting Jaejoong in front of him was a death wish.

'Um..ma'Changmin's sniffle broke Jaejoong out of his shell.He hugged the toddler tightly and Changmin clung to him,sensing something very wrong was going on.

'"Umma"?You are a freak,Kim.A freak.Tell me,Kim,whose brat is this?',Minwoo asked.Yunho had had enough and nearly pounced on the man when Jaejoong's voice broke through.

'It's your son,Minwoo',Jaejoong said,his eyes blank.Minwoo's face had an ugly scowl on it.

'Kim,that is really low.I didn't expect you to fall to this level.Is this your new trick?Showing that brat to one person to gain sympathy and money from other?You are a sick freak.Disgusting.A freak and a !That's what-?'

Minwoo never got to finish his sentence as he landed on the ground,sporting a bruised and broken nose.Yunho had his fists raised,body shaking with rage.But it was not he who had delivered the hit.Jaejoong stood over the guy,eyes blazing with icyness.He caught Minwoo by the collar.

'How dare you?You snivelling little piece of !How dare you say anything to my child!You scoundrel!I begged for you to stay!I grovelled!I pleaded!Changmin was born without a single soul to support him!How dare you do this to your own flesh and blood!',Jaejoong hissed.Yunho was shaken out of his reverie and he tried to pull Jaejoong back.Changmin was crying harder in Yunho's arms.

'You bastard!Do you know how we had lived?How I had survived!I was almost on streets!I almost killed my child trying to work for us!Just because you abandoned us!Do you know how many times I was at your house?And how many times that stupid idiot woman of your mother kicked me out,throwing insults!But I bore it all up!Just because I made the mistake of loving you!',Jaejoong screamed,tears now pouring out his eyes.Yunho had him in a tight hug,the pain in Jaejoong's words hitting him to his heart.The party had gone all still,watching the scenes.A few were whispering.A particularly strong sob from Changmin had Jaejoong frantically reaching out for him.He cooed to the toddler who clung tightly,tears wetting his clothes.

'I waited for you.I pined for you.I couldn't take care of my baby.I didn't want Changmin to grow up without his father.But I am glad you are not interested!I am glad you threw us away!Because I definitely don't want a father like you for him', Jaejoong spat out,voice full of wounds as his tears dried up.

There was  stunned silence in which only Changmin's heart-breaking sobs echoed.Yunho didn't say anything,wanting more than anything to punch the daylights out of the man.But Jaejoong and Changmin needed him more.

'Yunho,take Jaejoong and Changmin home.We will handle it here',Mr.Jung's grave and deep voice came.Yunho exchanged a look with his father,before ushering Jaejoong away.

                                                       -x-x-x-

The ride to Jaejoong's house was still and silent.Yunho glanced occassionally at jaejoong.But the latter had firmly kept his eyes on Changmin.The child had fallen asleep after crying a lot and throwing up his entire dinner.He hadn't calmed down until Jaejoong had taken him to one of the empty hotel rooms,singing to him in solitude as atlast the boy had fallen asleep from exhaustion.

Yunho wanted to ask Jaejoong many things.But he knew now was not the time.Jaejoong and Changmin needed to be alone.Together.That's why he was dropping them at Jaejoong's place instead of heading to Jung's mansion.He knew Changmin was the most vulnerable right now and familiar place and face will be good for him.He pulled onto the driveway and Jaejoong got out,not uttrering a single word.Not evevn asking whther Yunho wanted to come in or not.But Yunho followed anyways.He saw Jaejoong go the bedroom to tuck Changmin in.When he came back,Yunho could see a blank mask on his face.

Jaejoong's voice was also dead and blank like his eyes as he looked at Yunho.

'Yunho,let's break up'.

                                                                                                   -x-x-x-

lolz..dis story is turning wayward..XD

next chapter amy be angstier..kyaaa...