Gratitude and Acceptance

NO APPA!!!ONLY UMMA!!

Jaejoong sat like a statue as he held his son's hand into his,the red-rimmed eyes staring unblinkingly at the small,pale sleeping face.He didn't even hear Junsu entering the room and keep down the bag of fruits.

'Hyung',Junsu whispered.Jaejoong looked at him with blank eyes which were swollen from crying and tiredness.

'Hyung,you should sleep.You haven't even rested since you arrived three days ago.Go hyung. I will stay',Junsu said.Jaejoong shook his head,eyes back on Changmin's face.How could he sleep when his baby was in pain?Junsu sighed lightly.

'You will make yourself sick hyung.Do you want to fall ill?The doctor did say that Changmin could go home tommorow.He is fine now'.Junsu said,sitting beside Jaejoong by the hospital bed.Jaejoong just shook his head again,holding Changmin's hand a bit tighter as he the slightly feverish forehead gently.

'I shouldn't have left him.How can I be so selfish',Jaejoong whispered.Junsu stiffened lightly.

'I have already said we are not going to have this discussion again,hyung.You are not to blame yourself.Changmin accidently fell down the slide.It was nothing but a mishap while playing.It is not your fault',Junsu said

'No.No.No.It wouldn't have happened if I had not gone to Jeju.It wouldn't have happened if I had stayed back.I should have refused the task.I am so selfish,Junsu.I just looked to gain profit to support us more.And neglected my baby!How am I not at fault',Jaejoong said,growing slightly hysterical as tears poured down his equally pale cheeks.

'Hyung,please.Listen.He just slipped off the ladder rung.There were a lot of kids playing.So there was a bit of pushing.Please don't be like this.Don't you dare blame yourself.If you don't stop this right now,I am calling Yunho hyung',Junsu said.

'Yunho?He's here?',Jaejoong asked,looking at Junsu with red eyes.

'I am here,Junsu',a deep husky voice came.Jaejoong's tears flowed even more as Yunho strode right over to him and took Jaejoong in a hug.

'It's ok,Jae.See,he is alright.I just had a talk with the doctor.He said we can even take him home tonight.He has made amazing progress inspite of an head injury.Even if it was a minor concussion.Don't cry,Jae'.Yunho whispered,rubbing Jaejoong back soothingly.

'I..I shouldn't have left him.It's all my fault.He was so lonely.And I just let him be alone',Jaejoong said,not in mood to listen.Yunho sighed and cupped Jaejoong's face,forcing him to look his way. Junsu just watched with slightly open mouth

'Listen.You are not to blame yourself.Ok?Now wipe your tears.Changmin wouldn't want his umma to be crying when he wakes up,right?'.

                                                -x-x-x-
Jaejoong looked out of the window,eyes still a bit red.He hadn't bothered to wash his face,leaving dried tears on his cheeks,being loathe to leave Changmin for even a second. He had even refused to budge while the doctor changed bandages and did a final check-up before discharging the little boy.He now held a sleeping Changmin tenderly in his arms, rocking him occasionally.Yunho glanced at him and laid a warm hand on his arm.

'It will be fine,Jae.Look.His fever has broken too.He just needs rest.And you too.You look really exhausted,Jae.Shall I drop your mother too at your place?',Yunho asked,as he gently moved a few stray bangs from Jaejoong's face.

'No.It's fine.She needs sleep too.She may be full of energy,but she is an old lady now. Don't worry.Junsu will be there.I am also fine,Thank you so much,Yunho.I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been there.I owe you so much',Jaejoong said softly, looking at the handsome man.Yunho smiled as he touched Jaejoong's cheek,rubbing away the dried tears.

'Just keep on smiling,Jaejoong.That will be enough for me',Yunho said.And after a pause, added,'Ok.That was cheesy'.

Jaejoong chuckled softly,his eyes never leaving Yunho's.True.What would he do without Yunho.He lightly touched Yunho's scar under his eye.Once more,Yunho caught his hand and stared into the doe eyes as he kissed the fingers.Inspite of the air-conditioned car, Jaejoong felt a thin sweat form on his skin.His heart started bouncing against his ribcage.It grew more wild as Yunho leaned in closer,his breathe ghosting along Jaejoong's cheek.This was it.There was barely a millimeter between them when;

'..ma..'

And as if struck by lightening,the two separated,going straight to the either door. Jaejoong tried to hide his burning face and drunk heart.

'Um..ma'.

'Minnie?',Jaejoong whispered softly as he looked at the stirring figure in his arms. Changmin's eyes were still closed as he cuddled up more against Jaejoong,as if recognising the loving warmth without even seeing.

'No go.Pwease....ma...',he mumbled,as he slept again,a tiny hand holding tightly onto Jaejoong's shirt and face buried into the sweet-smelling neck.

'Never ever,baby.Never again.Ever',Jaejoong whispered,a tear rolling down his cheek as he kissed the cool and pale little cheek.He got out of the car and turned to find Yunho coming out,Changmin's bag in his hand.

'Thank you,Yunho.I am so grateful to you.I am so blessed to have you in my life', Jaejoong said.

'It's nothing,Jae.You know I would do anything for you and Changmin.Just stay safe.Call me if anything happens or if you need anything',Yunho said,smiling.

'You have already done so much for us.Thank you',Jaejoong whispered.He came closer to Yunho, standing before him.He smiled at him before stretching a bit on his toes and kissing Yunho on the cheeks.

'I can only thank you like this',Jaejoong said,a faint pink on his cheek.Yunho was still looking at him,his face unreadable.

'And I can only accept this',Yunho whispered before leaning down a bit and locking their lips together.

                                                                                          -x-x-x-

well...just read and comment..ne....