Withering

Numbers

Tao sat in the black room he could have called 'his', playing aimlessly with the small white rose petals that seemed to fall from nowhere, feeling the silky softness of them in his fingertips.

He sighed when he felt a presence next to him and looked; Kris sat next to him his knees pulled up to his chest as he watched the rose petals falling. Feeling the Youngers eyes on him Kris looked at Tao, a small smile on his lips as he did.

"You okay?" He asked, placing a large hand on Tao’s shoulder. Tao shook his head looked down at his hands.

"I hate this." He admitted sadly, he tore one of the small petals in half and picked up a new one.

"It's not that bad." Kris replied, shrugging his shoulders and removing his hand off of the younger.

Tao looked up at his leader in shock.

"Not that bad?!" He shouted. "We're killing people Kris. Innocent lives. Gone. Like that." he continued, snapping his fingers for emphasis. Kris sighed and looked up towards the black abyss.

"I know but..." Kris said, trailing off into his own thoughts.

"But what?" Tao asked softly. Kris sighed again and looks down at the younger.

"Okay. If I was to say I didn't feel as bad as I should when I killed someone, would you understand?" Kris asked, crossing his long legs and leaning forward slightly. Tao shook his head and listened intently to what his leader was saying.

"I mean, it doesn't feel good to kill them but I don't feel as guilty as I should when I do. It just feels normal, like it’s supposed to happen." Kris admitted looking down at his knees.

“You’re insane.” Tao said, gently pushing Kris over, deciding to lighten the dark mood. Kris looked up in shock and smirked.

“Maybe I am.” He said, shrugging and pushing himself off the ground and pulling Tao into a head lock and ruffling his hair. “But I’m still your leader so show some me some respect.” Tao laughed and hugged Kris around his waist.

“So you really don’t think its bad I don’t feel guilty?” Kris asked, frowning slightly. Tao shook his head into Kris waist.

“Even if I did there’s nothing I would say that would change it. Plus you’re a lot stronger than most of us. You can handle things better than us, that’s why you’re our leader.” Tao pointed out, sitting up and looking Kris in the eyes. “Don’t be so hard on yourself.” Kris nodded his head and stood up.

“You coming?” he asked, Tao stood up and brushed the dust and petals off his clothes and nodded his head.

“Where are we going?” He asked as they walked out.

“To find the others.” Kris replied.

"This beyond a joke now." C.A.P snapped, irritated by the fact that L.Joe refused to speak to anyone.

"Don't be so harsh." Chunji hissed, slapping the leaders arm before walking over to L.Joe who was sat on a pool table, his knees pulled up to his chest and his head buried into them.

"Are you okay L.Joe?" Chunji asked, but received no response. 

"Come on. Are you not going to even talk?" Still no response. Chunji huffed before walking away and sitting next to C.A.P.

"You're right. He's being pathetic." He whispered.

"Hyung, please talk to us." Ricky said, pouting as he attempted to give L.Joe a hug, only to be pushed away.

"Leave me alone." L.Joe grumbled, pulling his knees closer to his chest.

"Byunghun, don't push him-"

"I said leave me alone!" L.Joe snapped, cutting Changjo off mid sentence.

"L.Joe, don't snap at us." Niel said, slightly irritated at his hyung. 

"Oh yeah. Well I don't see your idol being killed because of stupid game." L.Joe retorted, glaring at Niel.

"No hyung. He didn't. He died of an overdose." Niel snapped.

"Niel I'm sorry I for-"

"Leave it." Niel snapped, turning to rest his head on C.A.P's shoulder, leaving the whole room in a thick silence.

"Niel I-"

"I said leave it!" Niel glared at him. "Look at you you're pathetic! We're dying and you're acting this childish?!"

"Niel!" L.Joe attempted to interrupt, but Niel only shook his head, his eyes closing in annoyance.

"Your whole life is withering away, yet you're just sat there doing nothing about it."

L.Joe bit his lip and looked down. Niel was right. He was beign childish. This wasn't the way he should be spending the last few days he had left with his closest friends.

"Who do you think will be next?" Chunji asked, breaking the silence. 

"If anyone should go next it should be Kris. He deserves to die." L.Joe said. Before anyone could reply, a mechanical voice filled the room.

"Would Niel of Teen Top please report to the white room immediately."

Niel glanced around at s and frowned. 

"I..."

"Go." C.A.P urged, gently pushing his head off of his shoulder and placing his hand on top of the youngers own. 

"Be careful." Niel glanced around again at his worried looking members before nodding his head and making his way to the room.

When he opened the door, he shielded his eyes from the bright, shiny white room, before playing with the hem of his shirt nervously. 

"Welcome Niel." a projection of a male said, Niel blinked before replying. 

"Do I have to do this?" He immediately asked, his voice close to pleading. 

"I'm afraid you do." The man answered, giving the idol a fake sympathetic smile. Niel nodded his head and waited for his instructions. A picture of a blonde haired man showed up on the screen. He recognized him instantly.
Kris. 

"You are to kill Kris. You may use anything in the video you find, but remember, the light above them in the center is deadly. So don't look up." The projection disappeared, leaving Niel all alone and very scared. 

He stood up off of the chair and walked out through the same door he had entered through. Instead of a brightly colored room, he was met with a blue-ish grey open air paved area. A giant concrete circle, with large grey pillars surrounding him and a bright white light shining down from seemly nowhere. Twelve cloaked figures walked around in the center with their heads down. Niel huffed in annoyance. How the hell was he supposed to find the one he needs to kill? 

He moved closer to the circling figures and crouched behind one of the large pillars so he could see the faces from bellow the hoods. 

A boy with full lips walked past, his large eyes glancing his way slightly but he didn't seem to notice him. Nope, not him.

Another small chubby cheeked male walked past, his eyes focusing on the hunched back of the boy in front of him. Not him either. 
Another man walked past, this one a little taller than the others, his blonde hair sticking out of the front of his hood slightly. Niel couldn't suppress a small smile. That one. 

He didn't even think of a plan. Before he knew it, he had leaped out and jumped on the man's back. He yanked down his hood and grabbed a fistful of his hair.

"Please! Don't!" Kris gasped, still not looking up, his eyes scrunched tightly together in fear. Niel could feel him beginning to shake slightly under his body. He hesitated a moment before shaking his head.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled, before yanking the locks of hair in his grasp downwards, forcing the EXO m leader to look up into his bright death. The solid body beneath him decorated, growing smaller and smaller as the body fell apart, until eventually, all that was left was a pile of dust under the cloak Niel still had threaded through his fingers. 

Hearing a small gasp behind him, Niel could only stare blankly at the heap of cloth as he blinked. He just killed a man. It all happened so fast and it was so... So easy...

He quickly sprinted away from the scene before any chaos broke out.

He didn't want to be killed.

"Kris..." Tao gasped, eyes wide at the sight he had just witnessed. A tall skinny boy had  jumped out of no where and latched onto his leaders back, pulling his head back so the light illuminated his face, causing him to slowly crumble into dust. Tao watched as a light breeze shifted the cloak, causing the dust particles to scatter all around before his knees gave way and sobs shook his body. 

"Tao! Tao what's wrong?!" Lays voice shrieked from across the arena.

"Lay! Don't look up!" Chanyeol's voice boomed when he heard the sound of feet hitting paving as Yixing ran towards the sobbing boy.

"Kris!!" Tao shrieked, helplessly pawing at the empty cloak in hopes to bring the leader back. 

"It's okay." A voice said in his ear as arms wrapped around his shoulders comfortingly. Tao recognized the small lisp instantly and leaned back into the embrace. 

"He's gone." He whimpered, burying his face in the crook of Sehun's elbow.

"Shh...shh..." The maknae hushed, part of him wanted to break down into tears at the loss of the fellow and much loved group member, however, Tao needed comforting more than he did right now, so he had to stay strong. He wrapped his arms tightly around the elder boy, allowing his tears to escape from his eyes and run down his cheeks. "I'm sorry Tao." He whispered. He must stay strong. "I'm so sorry." 


Well hello there, this was meant to go up ages ago -___- I WILL UPDATE MORE!!!!!

So for this update (the last birthday of December woo!) it's V!
Happy birthday Taehyung Oppa!! <3

Here is the teaser for next week's update ^^