Forever

Numbers

The silence in the room was almost deafening. It hung like a thick cloak over the remaining men. As heavy as a thin sheet placed over a body in a morgue. And as heavy as the burden of this they would have to carry with them for eternity.

“I can’t… I just can’t do this.” Daesung was the first to speak, breaking the silence.

“You can.” Seungri replied, looking up at where the elder sat, squinting slightly as his eyes adjusted to the bright light now they were open again. When Daesung only remained silent he found it appropriate to speak again. “Look, you’ve come this far. Don’t regret it. If the others knew you were only going to feel bad about being alive, they’d only want to kill you themselves you know.” He raised an eyebrow, before drooping his head back down and closing his eyes again as he leaned back against the wall.

Daesung took into account all the maknae had just said and stood up. He was right. He didn’t have to spend all this time moping around. He could go and get something done.

Like what, however, he didn’t know.

Lazily, the youngest stretched out his legs, stretching his arms above his head before letting them fall limp as he began to drift off to sleep.

For the next hour or so, Daesung spent the time walking around the place trying to find something to do. Trying to find something to take his mind off of the deaths of his best friends, and give him something to concentrate on until this darn thing was all over and done with.

He found nothing.

Kibum didn’t know how long he had been trying to work it out for. All he knew was that he had. And so far, he kept going round in circles, again and again to square one.

He had slept. He had worked. He had slept. He had worked.

Now he was set on not sleeping again until his work was done.

It was understandable no one else wanted to find out what these numbers meant. It was simple.

They didn’t care.

Yet here he was, so wrapped up in finding out their identities and secrets that nothing else mattered.

It didn’t matter his stomach was growling in pain after not being fed for days.

It didn’t matter he was exhausted.

It didn’t matter his head was pounding as he tried not to loose concentration and slip into the beckoning abyss of the soft warm arms of sleep.

All that mattered was the numbers.

And that was all that mattered until Key’s body finally gave into the temptation. Refusing to listen to his mind any longer, as he toppled forwards, his consciousness slipping away from him almost immediately.

Of all things he had ever been this wasn’t one of them.

He had been cold.

He had been hungry.

He had been lonely.

He had been grieving.

He had been tired.

But he had never been all of these painful things all at once.

In truth, he was half glad he was alone. It gave him the ability to cry without fearing what the others would think of him. Yet he was alone. So alone he was beginning to drive himself insane.

“Jae-Hyo pull yourself together.” He hissed, gripping his knees tightly as he bit down on his lower lip, grating his teeth against it as he began to feel warm blood seeping out. He his lip clean and let out a shaky sob. He couldn’t do it. He just couldn’t pull himself together. Even if he wanted to.

Of course, no matter what he told himself. And no matter what he thought… He was never really alone.

For they were always there.

Watching him.

Just watching him slowly fading away from the man that he once was.

A bloodbath.

The place was an absolute bloodbath.

Himchan knew that going back down those stairs meant he would be met with the same scene that had destroyed him only days ago. He knew that it would break him and hurt more than anything to see the bodies of his friends splayed out and covered in blood. But he couldn’t just leave them lying where they had been left to suffer until their lives were brought to a painful and gruesome end.

No matter how difficult it was for him, he had to do this. For them.

Taking a deep and shaky breath he lowered his leg down onto the first step and bit his lip. He was in two minds. Did he just go for it and struggle through? Or did he go back and pretend he had never set off to do this in the first place? Bury himself under a blanket and pretend everything was ok…

Of course.

He couldn’t be so weak. This was it.

His one shot.

If he didn’t go now he knew he never would.

Without a second glance he was racing down the stairs, immediately coming to a halt and stumbling backwards, falling onto the steps as he was met with the gruesome sight of the station. The lights were dimmer than they had been before, some flickering on and off as the bulbs began to die. Slowly. Just like all the other deaths here.

Blood splattered the walls and covered nearly the entirety of the floor, the corpses littered around drained of colour and splayed in the positions they had died in. The station was eerily silent, give or take the odd blinking of the light as they strained for life, to glow just a little longer, to shine for just as long as they could, knowing this was their end. And that was enough to make anyone cry. That these six bright lights would glow no longer. How they had flickered and dimmed as they tried to hold on, but eventually, gave into the darkness and faded completely.

The room was freezing cold, and the smell of flesh beginning to rot hung in the air, it made his stomach turn, but Himchan didn’t care. He had come here for a reason, and he was going to fulfil what he was here to do before he allowed himself to leave.

He made his way over to the nearest corpse and rolled it over. It was Jonghyun. The man who had died in his place. There was no way of thanking him, and so Himchan did what anyone brave enough to would.

He cleaned the man’s blood from his face, his hands, and his wings, before moving the angel to the side, lying him on the clean floor and positioning him in a more comfortable position. Maybe he could find peace to rest in. He wanted him to be graceful in death, and not just be another body to be dragged away at the end. That was what he wanted for all of them. And he was going to ensure that happened.

The next hours were spent cleaning the other members, cradling their bodies as he carried them to lie them side by side in a line. Like soldiers. Shoulder to shoulder, faces stoic, nothing written on their expressions. No pain. No mercy.

Loneliness was getting to him. Slowly driving him insane.

No one to talk to other than himself and the corpses of his friends.

Infact, Jinyoung wasn’t even certain he was alive anymore. How long had he been here? When was night? When was day? It was all just like an endless dream to him, nothing changed and nothing… nothing was. There was no life… No life here at all.

For all Jinyoung knew this stupid came could well have ended years ago, and he had been left here to slowly die. He had found water in various places, the stationary fire engine being one of them, and had survived solely off of popcorn.

There had been people other than just him and his group in the music video. It was just pure evil not to have them here. He had no company.

Not that it mattered.

If he had someone to talk to, what would he even say?

“I’ve been here forever.” He muttered under his breath, as if testing the words.

Maybe…

Maybe he should just stay silent.

It was silent.

A breeze rushed past, ruffling Sehun’s long dark hair and disturbing the dust on the ground. It carried with it a butterfly. A red butterfly. Beautiful and graceful.

Of course, it was unlike Sehun to be without his ‘other half’ but he and Luhan had agreed to have some time alone, just being by themselves. It was a good opportunity to greive like no one was watching, let out all their emotions and clear their thoughts. Yet Sehun’s expression never changed. He remained serious, his features wavering not once.

He had gone to sit in his desert, and Luhan had secluded himself from the rest, by sitting in the box of the four black walls of his chamber, playing aimlessly with the spheres as he thought to himself.

It wasn’t ideal being separated from one another, but the two of them didn’t mind. It was only for a short while and it was what they had agreed on anyway.

“Would EXO k’s Oh Sehun please report to the white room.”

Sehun flinched at the sudden noise, making him jump as it broke the silence so suddenly. Yet he stood up from his chair.

He musn’t complain.

He must do as he is asked.

He must kill the person, get back to his own video and care for his boyfriend until his own life ended. He vowed to protect him at all costs.

On strong legs, he made his way to the white room, striding in and sitting down on the chair. Everything else was a blur to him at this point. All that mattered to him now was to focus on getting this done.

“Sehun!” The man beamed through the screen at him. “You may have guessed what you’re here for.” He chuckled.

“To kill.” He replied shortly, surprising himself at the boldness of his words, yet making no reaction to show that.

“Of course.” The man smiled softly. “And to kill whom…I wonder…” He smirked.

“Anyone I must.” He answered promptly.

“Anyone?” The man mused, a chuckle slipping past his cracked lips. “Well in that case.” He smiled, as the video disappeared and a picture filled the screen.

Sehun was silent. He was doing his best to process this, but it didn’t seem to be happening.

“You know who this is, yes?” The man asked, pausing for a reply, which never came. He continued, “You must kill Luhan of EXO m.”


You really don't know how sorry I am guys. This year is so difficult at school and I've made it my goal to do 1 hour of writing a night. This took me two nights to do. Pretty impressed with that even if I do say so mysef. I dont' really have time for it and I know it means I'm going to do at school but I feel so bad for updating. I don't know when the next update will be but I can pretty much promise you that the next one won't take me as long as this one did.

My sincerest apologies

I love you all