Shaman

Numbers

"Oh Sehun!" Kai screamed, dropping to his knees, immediately gripping hold of the empty cloak, only to realise it was too late for him to do anything. His best friend was gone. Not lost to a murder. No. The boy he knew at strong and determined was gone - lost to an unnecessary suicide. Driven to ending his own life by the monster who held him here.

Tears fell down his face as he doubled over, holding the dull piece of cloth against his chest. Not only had he learned Luhan was gone mere seconds ago, but now he had lost Sehun too, without a chance of getting him back, or stopping him.

"What happened?" Chanyeol asked, appearing by his side and placing his hand on his shoulder,  looking down at the shaking cloaked figure with a confused yet concerned expression.

"He had to kill Luhan." The younger whimpered in response to the deep voice of the gentle giant. "Then he came back and... And he just..."

"Looked up?" Chanyeol finished for him delicately, afraid to make the dark haired boy any more upset.

"Mhm."

One more day. Just one more day of this miserable existence in this place and he would be free, or so he presumed, for he had been here long enough.

Five days?

Sure.

Himchan felt like he had been there at least five months. Yet in reality, it had probably only been four days so far. He needed it to end before he went insane.

"Would Kim Himchan of B.A.P please report to the white room immediately." The loud voice interrupted his thoughts, making him jump as he looked around, a little startled.

Standing up, he slowly made his way to the white room, reminding himself of what he already knew.

One more day.

Just one more day of this miserable existence in this place and he would be free.

He entered the room and sat down on the chair. 

"Shoot." He said impatiently. 

The man on the screen chuckled.

"Well someone's enthusiastic." He beamed. "Looks like you're determined to win then."

"No." Himchan stated. "I'm just determined not to die."

"In that case you had better be careful. The person you will have to kill is rather... How can I put it? Powerful?"

Himchan sighed and rubbed his hands against his thighs, straightening out his legs as he grew impatient. Sensing his need to get on with the murder, the man flicked the video off and a picture took its place on the screen. 

"This is Chanyeol of EXO. You're to kill him. Just  a word of warning though, don't forget not to look up, you don't want to accidentally kill yourself instead, do you? Oh, and remember they all have powers which can easily be used against you."

"What's his power?" Himchan asked as he stood up.

"Oh I can't tell you that." The man beamed. "Nice try, but I'm not that kind." He ended with a chuckle as the screen went black.

Himchan shook his head and left the room without another word.

"Doe, a deer, a female deer. Ray, a drop of golden sun. Me, a name, I call myself. Far, a long long way to run. Sew, a needle pulling thread. La, a note to follow so. Tea, a drink with jam and bread, that will bring us back to doe oh oh oh..." Jinyoung sang at the top of his voice as he danced around the room.

It seemed he really was going insane. He had actually been here so long he was loosing his mind.

"I don't even like the sound of music!" He exclaimed with a loud laugh, flopping down onto the bench.

Even that wasn't true.

Jinyoung loved the sound of music.

And before long, he was at it again. More of the sound of music…

“Brown paper pacages tied up with string, those are a few of my favourite things. When the dog bites! When the bee stings! When I’m feeling… Saaaaaaad…” He sang loudly. “And I am feeling sad.” He sighed to himself, standing up and running a hand through his hair.

A few minutes of pacing back and forth and singing the theme tune to the Mr Men show to cheer himself up must have worked. Jinyoung managed not to cry eventually.

Though he did seem to have lost his sanity completely.

Himchan strolled into the room and looked around, keeping hidden within the shadows. Well this was going to be easier than he had expected, for there were only two boys left. Wasn't this the twelve member group? Where were the others? Were they all dead? If they were, where were their bodies? 

"Chanyeol!" He called out, causing one of the two moving figures to suddenly freeze. "Got you." He smirked to himself, taking large strides forwards as he approached the man in the centre of the room.

Kai caught onto what was happening almost immediately,  transporting himself to the side of the room to get a better look at what was happening,  and to see if he could help his poor bandmate in any way.

"Get away from me!" Chanyeol's deep voice rumbled through the room. "I'll hurt you! I swear I will. I'll kill you." He growled.

"You can't kill me if you die first." Himchan replied nonchalantly.

Chanyeol gritted his teeth and pulled his arm back, feeling a warm tingling sensation growing in his palm.

"Chanyeol don't!" Kai yelled, appearing by his side and grabbing hold of his arm.

"Kai stop!" The elder yelled as he brought his arm forwards, his aim for himchan missing due to the brunette clinging to his arm, changing the angle.

The large ball of fire hurtled forwards, Himchan jumping out of the way as it narrowly missed him, before hitting the wall and flying right back.

Kai teleported out of the way of the fire out of instinct, the shock froze Chanyeol. He was unable to move as the fire hurtled in his direction, not giving him chance to move as it hit him directly in the face.

"Wow!" Himchan exclaimed, his lips curving into a smile as the man before him screamed in pain."I thought only a shaman could do something like that." He marvelled. "That's quite impressive!" He chuckled, ignoring the screams coming from both of the boys, before he swiftly made his exit, leaving Kai and Chanyeol to struggle in fighting the flames.

Ultimately, that wasn’t going to work.

They both knew that much.

Chanyeol let out blood curdling screams, his arms flailing as he tried helplessly to stop the fire from spreading. To get it off of him. To stop it burning.

Kai made a fuss too of course, swatting at Chanyeol’s flames with the side of his cloak, though it seemed impossible for him to extinguish the flames. He didn’t want to catch fire himself, and he couldn’t see what he was doing anyway. It was barely possible to help Chanyeol in these circumstances. He couldn’t even look at the man.

Eventually Chanyeol’s screams died down he slowed down rolling on the floor and eventually came to a stop as the flames ate away at his flesh.

There was nothing left.

There was no one left.

Kai was the only one.


So I am back from vacation!! Whilst I was away I managed to get the fic almost finished! I got all the way to the last chapter but didn't manage to get that one finished just yet! After this, there is one more chapter a similar length to this one, one which is almost triple the length (you love me for that yeah?) and then the final chapter *shudders* It's going to be killer! (If you'll excuse the pun >.< )

Here is the next teaser for my next fic!!

Oh yes, Kevin Woo. Man am I excited to write a fic with him in it >.<

And finally the teaser for the next chapter, shall we say this chapter was the last one of it's kind? None of the other chapters are going to be the same afrter this one... hehehe ^^