Awoken

Numbers

1913.

257.

102516.

The three scientists made their way into the room. After five days of this experiment it was almost officially over. The main part of it was about to be brought to an end. To be concluded and the end of their legacy would be upon them.

Open the heavy wooden doors.
It is time to end this dream.
It is time to end this nightmare.

Walk down the crimson red carpet. 
It is time to end this heaven.
It is time to end this hell.

Fill the syringe and press the needle against the soft warm skin.
It is time for a new reality. 

The first to awake was Sandeul. His eyes fluttered open in a confused daze and a small whimper escaped his lips.

At that noise, everyone was around him, firing questions as they immediately began hooking him up to wires, and checking his pulse and his temperature.

"Can you see us properly Junghwan?"

"Do you feel nauseous at all?"

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Can you talk to us?"

Sandeul closed his eyes tightly and let out a frustrated sigh, pulling his arms away from the many scientists all crowded around him.

"I'm just hungry!" He announced, opening his eyes and looking around at all of the people expectantly. The room fell silent before one of the women spoke up.

"What can we get for you darling?" She smiled softly. Sandeul smiled contently, he had no idea what was going on, but if he really was dead, and this really was heaven, he was about to have the best fried chicken he had ever tasted sometime within the next ten minutes.

"What the hell?" G Dragon frowned, pressing his hand against his forehead as he struggled to sit up. It was like having the world's worst hangover. What year even was it?

"Jiyong is awake!" One of the scientists announced, immediately rushing to his side.

"I had such a terrible dream!" He groaned, squeezing his eyes shut. "I died, I was murdered." He let out a sigh and shook his head.

The scientist paused testing his temperature to respond, his lips as he contemplated what to say.

"Well don't worry, that wasn't exactly a dream, but we're going to explain all that very soon." He said calmly.

G Dragon frowned, smoothing out his shirt, feeling a little wary of this new information,  but nodding none the less. He had just woken up, so as usual, everything was a bit of a blur at the moment. He didn't expect himself to be able to understand anything.

"Why does he have fried chicken and I don't?!" SHINee's leader practically screamed, pointing accusingly at B1A4's vocalist. He may have only just woken up, but his chicken senses were already tingling,  telling him someone in this huge room had chicken. And he didn't. And it didn't take him long to find who the culprit was.

Before he knew it, the majority of the scientists whom had been crowded around Sandeul were rushing over to him, joined by a few who had been tending to Big Bang's leader. He was given his chicken whilst the standard procedure tests were being run on him.

The first one to awaken from the young group was in fact the maknae. Changjo came round slowly, wondering what was going on. Why was he waking up here, in this place he distinctly remembered falling asleep in, when he should really be dead? He was dead. He had been killed. Yet here he was, alive, breathing, he wasn't dead.

Looking around the room, he noted a few other idols he had entered with were awake and functioning like they normally would. Two were sat up in their beds eating fried chicken, and another was sipping a cup of coffee, all of them looked somewhat calm, confused, yet all seemed happy to be alive. Deep down, Changjo knew what had happened was not a dream, as much as he wanted to convince himself otherwise, everyone else here seemed as though they had all suffered a similarly traumatic experience,  especially with the way the scientists all around the room were fussing over those whom were already awake.

The maknae wasn't stupid. He knew that this had been their experiment, whatever it was they were researching, and by the look on their faces, they had a good outcome so far.

"Oh! We have another!" One scientist shouted when she noticed Changjo was laid looking around the room.

"Can you hear us?" Another asked, not giving him chance to answer before he was being swamped with questions.

The first of Block B to wake up was Park Kyung.

Not that he was prepared to actually wake up just yet. Not when he could sleep for a little longer. Park Kyung would never pass up the chance to get an extra five minutes of shut eye. He might not have been the laziest member, or the member who slept the most, but he wasn't one to pass up the opportunity of sleep when it arose.

So instead of waking up and announcing it to the world that he was in fact alive, as part of him wanted to do, he simply closed his eyes again and went back to sleep.

Nothing else was ever as important as sleep.

Himchan awoke with a start, completely dazed with confusion. Had he just drifted off? Had he passed out? Had he been killed and he didn't realise until now? Wait.

Was he dead? Was this heaven? Was this the afterlife? 

Where the hell was he?

Hold up.

As Himchan came back to his senses, slowly regaining his consciousness, he realised he had been here before. This was the last room he had been in before he had been taken back into that music video.

He slowly sat up and looked around, the other members were lying beside him. All of them unconscious. At first he thought they could be dead, but then it struck him how differently they looked now, compared to how they looked before, when they were all dead.

Now, however, there was no blood, no obvious signs of wounds. Their faces were not as pale and the steady rise and fall of their chests beneath the bed sheets indicated that they were breathing, and therefore, they were alive.

It was when the maknae began to stir that Himchan jumped, immediately leaping out of bed and rushing to the young boy's side, startling the scientists standing nearby who had all failed to realise Himchan was conscious again until now.

"Himchan would you please get back into bed, we don't think it's safe for you to be up just yet." They frowned, trying to gently take hold of him in an attempt to get him back into his bed.

"Leave me alone! I'm fine!" He protested, trying to pull away. "I need to see Junhong, he's waking up." He stated, shocking the scientists so much they let go of him, and instead, focoused on the maknae, who, as Himchan had said, was waking up.

"Junhong!" He called, gently brushing the boy's hair from his face as his eyes fluttered open. "Hey!" He beamed when Zelo's eyes landed on him. "It's ok, you're alive, everything's going to be ok now." He soothed.

Baekhyun yawned, sitting up and blinking wearily. He looked around the room and sighed. It wasn't real. It hadn't really happened. He wasn't really dead.

Pinching himself on his arm, he realised that this wasn't just some sick and confusing dream. The death he had just awoken from, however, was. Part of him tried to argue against that, for it had felt completely 100% real, yet he knew that if it had been real, he had died, and therefore would not be lying here with his eyes open right now. 

He was most certainly 100% alive. There was always a chance that it was just a really realistic dream, sometimes they could even feel more realistic than reality. 

"But it doesn't make any sense, why would we just be killing each other just for the fun of it? Honestly, if no one hurries up and tells me just what the hell has been going on, I will kill someone for real this time, right here, right now, in this very room, I swear I will! I swear you all will regret-"

"Yah! Kim Kibum!" Onew shouted at the blonde who was currently yelling at every scientist who rushed past him, who in reply, all politely bowed, before rushing off to attend to the other idols all waking up allover the room. "Can't you just calm down, be quiet, eat some chicken and br patient?" He asked, offering Key some of his fried chicken (rather reluctantly might I add.)

Key gave his leader a small glare, before hesitantly accepting the chicken and beginning to eat it, at the taste after being so hungry for so long.

"Sorry." He apologised. "I just- I spent so long trying to work out what was happening, and now I'm even more confused." He frowned, letting out a small sigh before he sunk his teeth back into the chicken, his lips.

"Don't worry about it." Jinki nodded, tucking into another peice of his chicken. "I'm sure they'll tell us all together once everyone else has woken up." he said, gesturing to the remaining sleeping idols all around the room. "Wow, why don't you see if you can get someone to come stop Taemin drooling,  It's putting me off my chicken." He wrinkled his nose at the sleeping maknae, who was lying with his mouth wide open, still in a deep sleep, small snores escaping him every so often. 

Eventually, the remainder of the members woke up. Gongchan awoke after Sandeul, sharing a big hug with him, and spilling a few happy tears, thankful to be alive again, able to see his hyung and hold him again.

CNU followed closely, taking a lot longer to come round than anyone else had, and even after a long explanation and reassurance from Sandeul that they were still alive and well, he was still very confused.

Baro came to soon after, listening to what Sandeul was telling CNU, before making his presence known. He received a small death hug from the maknae (and a very uncomfortable knee in the crotch in the process) and a hug from Sandeul. At this point, CNU was still not quite there, and so simply sat staring into the space as he tried to take everything in.

Finally, Jinyoung came round, singing something none of them had ever heard before.  Wait. Maybe they had. Was that a heavy metal screamo version of Barbie Girl? 

"Excuse me!" Sandeul called to one of the passing by scientists, who froze and turned to look at him.

"Is there something..." She trailed off as Jinyoung caught her attention. "Wrong?" She finished her sentence, standing in shock for a moment or so before she looked around. "Can we get some help over here please?" She yelled out, rushing to Jinyoung's side trying to calm him down.

Needless to say, it didn't work. The leader was sat up, furiously air drumming along to his song.

"I'm a blonde, single girl, in a fantasy world, dress me up, make me talk, I'm your dolly."

"You're my doll, rock and roll, feel the glamour in pink, kiss me here, touch me there, hankie pankie!" Baro joined in, rushing to Jinyoung's side as he added an air guitar. 

And pretty much everyone in the room judged him for doing that.

"Baby, just calm down, ok?" Jonghyun sighed, holding his boyfriend tightly against his chest.

"I'm just so happy to have you back." Key sobbed, squeezing Jonghyun tighter.

"And the hormonal wife is at it again." Minho sighed, gently jabbing Taemin's ribs in an attempt to get him to wake up.

Key rolled his eyes and sobbed louder, purely just to piss off Minho. And of course, it worked. 

"Sweetheart I get it, ok? I missed you, I hope you thought about me..." The vocalist went on, doing his best to soothe Key.

"I thought about you all the time angel, I was so worried about you when you went, I didn't think that would be the last time we would see each other."

-

Within an hour all of the celebrities were awake and functioning as they should be, including Jinyoung, who had managed to calm down, and was now sat with Gongchan, happily reading a magazine with him.

And now it was time for the announcement. 

"Could we have your attention please." A loud voice came over the speakers, causing everyone to look around, considerably confused.

1913, 257 and 102516 all made their way to the front of the room, standing on the raised platform at the end of the hallway, looking out at all of the idols sitting in the beds in front of them.

"As you all may be aware, the experiment is now officially over. Some of you may still be a little confused as to what has happened, so please allow us to explain." The woman began, clasping her hands as she smiled at the boys in the room. "We previously introduced ourselves using our identification numbers. 1913, 257, 102516." She paused. "Replacing each letter of the alphabet with its respectful number produces a simple code which we used to give ourselves these identification numbers. When A is 1, B is 2, C is 3 etc, S would be 19, M would be 13. 1913."
Small gasps could be heard from around the room as the new information all clicked into place.

"Does that mean it was SM that did this to us?" One voice, Zico, asked loudly.

"Well if it was just SM, then what would the other two identification numbers stand for?" Chanyeol joined in.

"One is YG." Taeyang announced.

"JYP!" Key shouted, finally feeling some kind of victory. He had been able to solve some part of this mystery eventually.

The woman cleared as she stepped away from the front, her position being replaced by the older man.

"Our experiment was to test the effects of our new micro mind programmers." He paused as the younger male scientist handed him a small pot." In here are millions of them, one is removed using lots of equipment, microscopes, tweezers, that kind of thing. It can be injected, digested, whatever, finally it will get into the bloodstream, its electrical current enables it to make its way to the central nervous system, where it is deposited and we can take full control of the mind electronically, by sending small signals along the spinal cord and to the brain. By injecting these." He went on, taking another pot from the younger scientist and holding it up. "The original mind programmer is sent a message to self-destruct, giving you complete control of your own mind once again." He smiled.

The woman stepped forwards and smiled softly, and everyone in the room immediately knew something wasn't as it should be.

"In some very rare cases, the micro mind programmer may detach from the central nervous system by itsself, causing the person to wake up." She paused, taking the second jar. "In which case these are no longer able to destroy it. It will remain in the persons system, causing them to have minor blackouts, faint on occasion and in some more severe cases, suffer seizures. Unfortunately, this happened to two of our idols here, and as much as we tried to help as soon as we could, the blackouts will still be inevitable. We will speak to these two idols individually as we do respect their privacy. However we do recommend that if anyone else begins to experience similar effects, to do as we will advise the idols already with this issue to do and retire to a smaller, less demanding career. It will involve leaving the group you are currently working with, and that doesn't mean you can no longer sing or perform, just perhaps not as an idol, as that can be very demanding, and could cause the blackouts to become more frequent, and possibly last longer."

More mutters filled the room, everyone beginning to worry and stress. Would it be them?

"Who is it?" Chunji asked.

"Yeah, when will you tell us if it is us or not?" L.Joe joined in, backing his friend up.

"You won't be notified if it is not you." The woman replied. "However, if it is, you will be notified within the next five to ten minutes."

The room fell into silence, everyone giving each other worried glances. 

"Now, could our finalists please follow Ms Kim here." The elder man stated, gesturing to one of the scientists who stood waving at the many idols. "She will take you in for the check up to make certain its safe for you to be put back into control."

When no one moved the younger man spoke up. 

"That's those of you who survived until the end and didn't die." He smiled. "You're going in for a fun final round now you know it’s not real, just as a treat." He chuckled.

"What if we don't want to go back in?" Suho frowned, folding his arms challengingly.

"Well." The young man began to reply. "It doesn't apply to you because you lost, but if any of you don't want to, or don't pass the health examination, you'll be replaced with whoever came second, they reject and it will be the third, and so on and so forth." 

"What if every member declines?" Jonghyun asked.

"Then that group doesn't participate."

"What about us?" Luhan asked, gently raising his hand. "Every member of EXO m was killed."

"Then EXO m will not participate at all."

This seemed to answer all of their questions, and they were separated. The finalists being taken into another room, as questionnaires were handed to the other members of the groups.

"Hello, I'm Mr Lee, Luhan could I speak to you for a moment?" One of the scientists asked gently.

The doe-eyed boy's face fell. He knew exactly what was going to be said. He even remembered waking up. He had known it wasn't real. And it couldn't be anything else. Why else would they need to speak to him?

"Luhan... Don't go." Sehun's lip trembled as he tightened his hold on his boyfriend, knowing exactly what was going to be said to him.
The elder nodded softly as he peeled Sehun's arms off of him.

"It's ok. I know what they're going to say, don't look so worried. I'm fine, and it's not like I'm leaving you if I have to leave the group." He chuckled, "I'll always be with you Sehun, as long as you don't try to kill me again or anything." He giggled, swinging his legs off the side of the bed and climbing out of the maknae's lap. He blew the younger a kiss and followed the man into a separate room, where someone else was already sat in a chair, his back facing them. That, however, didn't stop Luhan recognising him.

"Kris?" He frowned.

At the call of his name, the tall man turned around, surprise written all over his face.

"Luhan?"

"Please, Luhan, take a seat." The man gestured to the empty chair beside Kris, where Luhan gently sat down. "As you have already heard, two of the idols woke up during the experiment due to a small error." He paused. "As you may have guessed, those two idols are you two."

Luhan let out a small whimper as the reality hit him. Kris let out a sigh and hung his head.

"In addition to what was said in the main room, we would just like to add that you can remain as an idol in your current groups if you wish to,  and leave when the effects become too much to handle.

The two EXO m members shared a worried glance, falling into silence as they worried about what they would do.

"It was all ok, and we had all awoken from our hell, and now this." Luhan's lip trembled.

Kris frowned and reached out, placing his arm around Luhan for comfort. He didn't know what to do now.

-

"Jinyoung, did you understand any of that?" Daesung asked, approaching the pretty boy who was stood staring into space.

"Uh?" Came his reply, causing Daesung to sigh and roll his eyes.

"You weren't listening to that?" He frowned, and the other simply shook his head. "Ok, we're all one team now." He spoke slowly. "We don't kill eachother, we have to try to survive. Do you understand?

Jinyoung sighed and bit his lip worriedly.

"Survive what?"

"They're putting us in with some 4 member girl group who are going to try kill us, we just stay alive and try to kill them, we all know it isn't real now, so it's just a bit of fun to find a winner. I mean, it's worth it for free Korean beef, right?"

Jinyoung's eyes lit up at the mention of beef and he nodded intently. He might have been a bit out of it before, but the mention of winning such good food brought him back to his senses. 

"Don't be telling him that!" Jaehyo screeched, running over and immediately clamping his hands over Jinyoung's ears. "It just gives us more competition to deal with, that beef is mine." He huffed, placing his hands on his hips. 

"Hey." Jinyoung smirked, gently nudging Daesung once Jaehyo had strutted off to ask Kai what kind of shampoo and conditioner he used. "Did they say anything about killing any of these?" He asked, pointing to the other men in the room.

Daesung was a little shocked, and a little impressed by Jinyoung's subtle proposal.

"They didn't say anything about that." He chuckled. "I don't see a problem with it though."


Hello my cuties! I hope you all had a wonderful christmas! Did you all get nice things? :3
I shall be starting to upload my new fanfiction next year in January I hope! So here is the main teaser image for it... Gah! I'm soooo excited!!! xD

And your final teaser image of this fic!