Slope

Numbers

"This is ridiculous." Lay sighed.

"Oh wow. Lay finally realizes." Chen grinned, reaching out to ruffle the elder's hair.

Lay sent him a glare before standing up, shaking his head as he did so. He was so done with these idiots. So done. Just because he didn't speak a lot didn't mean he hadn't observed it already. He just found the suffocating silence they were all in too uncomfortable, and felt he had to break it. And when he does, they can only ridicule him for it.

"I realized it a long time ago Jongdae." He finally said, his voice monotone. He couldn't argue with him now. Not after they had lost Baekhyun and they were all in mourning.

Chen giggled, jumping up and wrapping his arms around Lay's waist from behind him.

"Cheer up Xing-Xing!" He grinned, cuddling up against his back. "I was only joking."

"There's a time to joke Chen. And a time to be serious. I can't stand the fact you simply can't tell the difference." He hissed, pulling the younger's arms from around his waist and storming off across the room, and out of his portal, appearing in a small room with a painting on the wall and a jar of withered flowers on a table. Even the plants were condemned to die here. He sat down with a huff, holding his hand up in front of the droopy brown petals, feeling a tingling sensation appear in the center of his palm. It wasn't the plants fault. Surely even that deserved to live.

"Would Kai of EXO please report to the white room." A voice rang out and Yixing looked up, before his head dropped once again.

He let out a sigh and decided to go back to the others, surely they were all going to be worried about Jongin as it was, they didn't need Yixing disappearing and making everything worse.

He stepped back into the foggy arena, the pillar lighting up and calling out his entrance with the same dull noise as it usually did.

"Who's there?" A voice appeared from the shadows. Probably scared that Kai was back, and that a member of EXO m was the next victim.

"It's me." Lay said softly, he didn't need to speak loudly, everyone could hear him. 

The room fell into a somewhat comfortable yet tense silence until another set of foot steps could be heard, and a man cleared his throat. Yixing was tempted to look up, but instead only hurriedly shuffled away into the shadows.

"Chen." The voice began and everyone's eyes widened. Kai? Kai was here for Chen?

"Jongin stop. Please." Kyungsoo began.

"No." He stated. "Either he dies, or you do, and Chanyeol, and me, and  Sehun, Chen please, I don't want to do it, but I can't let them all die."

Jongdae stepped forwards, edging closer to Jongin and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"I know you don't want to do it." He paused. "And I don't want you to do it either." He wrapped his arms around his shoulders and pulled him close, seeming somewhat accepting of the situation. "But I can't let you Jongin." He stated.

And with those words, and the way his body suddenly twisted to throw Jongin to the ground, a shocked silence fell over the room as all anyone could do was stare.

Before anyone could register what was happening, Jongin was stood behind Jongdae, a smirk on his face that he had just cheated death. The elder sprung to his feet and spun round.

"You little bastard!" He screeched. "Just let me get you, you ! You can't kill me!" He yelled. Not caring at all what anyone else thought of what he was doing. Not caring that he was leading not only Jongin, but  three of his other brothers to their death.

He raised his arm up, feeling a tingling sensation in the palm of his hand.

"Jongin." He grinned, stepping closer to him, knowing he could very easily just disappear into thin air. What a gift this boy had when it came to trying not to die.

"Jongin! Get out of the way!" Kyungsoo cried, rushing towards him, knowing that if Jongin didn't move quickly, he would have no chance of saving himself.

But of course, Jongin didn't listen. He just stepped forwards, his hands closing tightly around the elder's throat, causing him to choke on the air in his throat and wheeze uncomfortably.

Chen closed his eyes, prepared to be thrown to the floor as he threw himself on top of Jongin to break the fall. Placing his hand firmly onto the younger's chest as he did so. He felt all his energy flood out of him, pouring directly from his palm, through Jongin's clothing, and burning into his skin.

Jongin screamed out in pain at the electric shock jolting through his body, his hood falling down as he stared up into the bright light that shone down on the two fighting men. He was dying anyway, he just wanted it over and done with faster, but if anything, this whole process seemed to be slowing down more and more.

"Jongin!" A whimper came from within the shadows, closely followed by a thud as Chanyeol fell to his knees. "Jongin it hurts!" He screamed, leaning forwards to wheeze and cough. "Kill him!"He continued trying to yell as he clutched his chest, suddenly over come with extreme pain. "Kill him!" He tried again, letting out a wail as he collapsed forwards, groaning in agony as his hands clawed at his chest.

The other members stood around, their eyes wide as they watched what was going on.

"Chanyeol?"

"Yeol, are you ok?"

"What's going on?"

"Chanyeol!"

Various screams of his name could be heard from around the almost empty room and only seconds later, it was happening all over again.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Ow! Luhan! Luhan help me!" Sehun screamed, his hands clawing at his chest, as he collapsed in agony.

It didn't take long for anyone to realize what was happening.

They were dying.

But Jongin wasn't.

"Jongin kill him!" They began to yell words of encouragement at him, hoping that he was still in with a chance of defeating Jongdae.

He pushed Chen off of him with ease, since he was being too busy being confused to even remember he was still sitting on Jongin. The elder fell onto his back with a thud, his body almost immediately disintegrating as his face made contact with the bright light. Jongin didn't move. He couldn't. Instead he simply lay there, doing his best to get his breath back as he listened to the ever continuing screams of the men around him.

Suddenly remembering that he might be able to save them, Yixing ran towards Chanyeol as fast as he could, dropping to his knees to tend to the dying boy as he summoned his powers, the tingling in his palms at least ten times stronger than it had been before when he was helping the withered flowers back to life. He couldn't let them die!

Soon he had managed to heal Chanyeol back to full health, and, even though he now felt much weaker, he made his way over to Sehun. But at appeared as though his work would never cease when he heard Kyungsoo beginning to scream out in agony, as he too began to die.

He could feel his powers drain him of all he had left as he healed Sehun, closing his eyes an forcing the last of his energy out to try and help the younger, before it all became too much for him and he collapsed over.

Luhan's eyes widened. His boyfriend may have been safe and sound now, but Lay most certainly was not.

"Yixing" He shouted, doing his best to ignore Kyungsoo's screams from the other side of the hallway. "Yxing wake up! Come on, you've helped them!" He encouraged. "It's almost all over, it's all going to be ok!" He screamed, his hands shaking as he reached out to hold Yixing's, tears soon slipping down his face as he realized that it was inevitable. Sehun was soon at his side, looking down in shock at the man who had just saved him, before his eyes trailed up to look at his boyfriend's distraught face as he continued to scream at the leader to 'get up' and 'open his eyes'.

"Luhan." Sehun began, his voice shaking as he reached out a trembling hand to touch the elder's shoulder.

Luhan didn't budge, instead he just continued to cry, his voice drowning out Kyungsoo's screams as they finally began to subside.

With no healer there to help him, he was left to die. Alone. Kai was still lying on the floor, staring into the light, confused as to if he was even alive anymore or not. Luhan and Sehun were both crouched beside Yixing's lifeless body. Chanyeol was hunched over gasping for air, shocked to still be alive after the ordeal of almost dying. And Jongdae was no longer anything but a pile of dust.

"Luhan!" Sehun tried again, a little louder this time as he tightened his grip on his shoulder.

Yet the eldest still didn't budge.

"Luhan! He's not breathing!" He yelled. "Stop ok! Just stop!"

Luhan finally managed to hear him, and he pulled away from Lay, his whole body shaking as he broke down in tears, feeling his boyfriend's arms snaking around him as he was pulled against the younger's firm chest.


Ok, this was a little confusing, so I'll explain. Basically, Kai died when Chen electrocuted him. As he was dying, he looked up, and these two deaths canceled one another out, and he ended up alive. However, because he 'died' before he killed Chen, that counted as a fail, and therefore the other members of EXO k began to die. Lay then used his powers to stop them from dying, but used them all too much and ended up killing himself from it, dying before he got chance to heal D.O so the ones who died in this chapter were: D.O, Chen and Lay. If you're still confused, just drop any questions in the comments.

 

On a lighter note, who likes Ukiss? Because everything is so UKISS at the moment!!!

First, I'm going to see them next month!!!

 

^ Literally me right now.

 

And also... Our next fic is starting soon! Feels so strange that Numbers is ending... But it's already planned to be a ukiss one! That much I can tell you! But can you guess who it is about? Hum... I'll leave you some clues huh? You shall guess and tell me who you think the main could be right?

  

Dongho: Oh... Let's think... Is it... Could it by any chance... Be... Me? /sarcastic lil' /
Kevin: Uh... I have no idea... hehe /confused/
Kiseop: You're asking me? ... I dunno... /flustered/

I hope you will all anticipate it! Sorry for the long AN!