Phantom

Numbers

Leaning back against the broad chest, Luhan closed his eyes, turning to bury his face in the crook of the younger's neck, inhaling his scent.

This hurt him so much.

He couldn't even look at his own boyfriends face anymore, in fear that if he did, he would die.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered, only loud enough for the maknae to hear.

"Why are you apologizing?" Sehun asked, wrapping his arms around the boy sitting in his lap and pulling him closer to his chest, moving his hand up to the inside of Luhan's hood to run his fingers through his hair.

Luhan let out a gentle sigh, his breath tickling Sehun's neck as he did so.

"Because I should have looked after you better, I should have just said, we're not going. I could have protected you Sehun." Luhan his lips and stared at the skinny boy's chest.

"Luhan, believe me, this wasn't your fault." Sehun began, subconsciously also his lips. "We just assumed it would be safe. We thought it would be alright if we were to come here. None of us knew, so there's no use blaming yourself."

"But I'm one of the oldest." Luhan shook his head, tracing patterns on Sehun's back as he snuggled into him. "I should have said something, had some input in the decision not to go I could have-"

"Stop blaming yourself sweet heart." Sehun cut him off, moving his head down to place a kiss to the top of Luhan's forehead, his hair tickling Sehun's lip.

The elder let out another sigh and tilted his head as he held onto his boyfriend. He felt a lot smaller than he usually did when he sat in the taller boy's lap, but that somehow made him feel a little safer. Even if he knew he definitely was not.

The couple slipped into a blissful silence, Luhan blinking wearily as he thought about all he could have done to protect his younger boyfriend from an almost certain death, and Sehun lightly swaying them back and forth, rocking Luhan gently as he cuddled him.

An announcement rang through the room, making both of the boys suddenly jump, their skin prickling with fear when they heard the words that the voice spoke.

"Would Suho of EXO k please report to the white room immediately."

Sehun swallowed nervously. His leader was being sent to kill someone. There was nothing he could do to help.

A muffled sound came from the other side of the room as Suho got to his feet, only looking down at the floor as he walked round, searching for his appropriate exit and causing a strange noise to erupt through the room as he left.

Sitting in the white room, Suho was finally able to look up, seeing an old man on the screen.

"Hello Suho." The man smiled.

"Hello." Junmyeon replied, his voice completely monotone. He wasn't interested in what this man was going to say. He had to just do it. Get it over and done with and he wouldn't have to worry about it any more. Maybe if he did it fast enough, he could pretend that he had just dreamt it all and that the person who he had killed wasn't really dead. He wasn't a murderer. He was a strong and courageous leader who would do anything for his group, and now it seemed as though that was being put to the test as the man let out a low chuckle.

"Well." He began. "This is sure going to be interesting."

Suho frowned, pressing his lips together in a firm thin line. Did he say that to everyone or was there some special reason as to why it would be interesting? Would it really be that much different from any other murder?

"What do you mean?" He asked cautiously.

"I mean the boy you have to kill." The man replied with an evil grin.

Junmyeon's heart dropped. No. That isn't what he meant. It had to be a boy he didn't know. A boy he didn't care about. It couldn't be a member of his own group.

"You must kill Tao of EXO m." A picture of the boy flashed up on the screen and Suho's face fell. He looked away from the screen.

"I know what he looks like." He stated, standing up and looking down at the ground. "I'll go do it now." He said, turning to leave.

"Very well. I wish you good luck Suho." The man said, and just by the tone of his voice Suho could tell he was smirking. Was this really that funny?

Suho walked back out of the door, looking round and lowering his head once again.

Just get it over and done with.

Pretend it was just a dream.

Pretend it never happened.

His clenched fists shook beneath his cloak, his breathing heavier, his eyes looking across the ground for any sign of life.

"Did Suho just come back?" He heard a voice - Luhan - ask.

"He's the only person it could be." He heard Sehun reply.

"Well that was fast! Suho! Come here." Luhan chirped, suddenly a little happier.

Suho closed his eyes and took in a deep breath.

All he needed to do now was find Tao.

He looked up around the room and let his eyes flicker over the other men in the room, trying to distinguish who they all were with out getting the light in his eyes - an almost impossible task. Then he spotted him. He was walking forwards, head down, face hidden in the darkness beneath his hood.

But it was still him.

Suho's hands shook as he raised his arms, feeling a gentle swirling sensation in his palms, which slowly began to grow stronger as the powers of his water grew, forming a small ball of liquid between his hands. When he finally felt that he had enough, he pushed his arms forewords, flinging the ball of water at the boy's feet.

Before Tao could even process what was going on, he had slipped backwards on the puddle, his legs giving way beneath him and his body falling backwards, his hood dropping down at the impact of his head hitting the floor.

That was when Tao made the mistake of looking up. He knew he was not supposed to do it, but in that split second, he didn't even know what he was doing, he was just shocked that he had fallen over. Not that it would have mattered anyway, as his body slowly began to crumble away.

"Tao!" A cry came from the other side of the room and footsteps were heard as a small body rushed to the side of the pile of dust.

Suho swallowed and his lips, looking down helplessly at the man clutching the empty cloth of Tao's cloak.

"No." The voice whispered. "No. How the hell did this happen? He couldn't have just fallen..." He trailed off as he noticed that the floor was glistening abnormally. It was wet.

Slowly Minseok got to his feet, walking past the puddle on the floor and up to stand in front of Suho.

"I had to." Junmyeon's voice escaped as a whisper. "The rest of my group was going to die." He breathed. "Me, Sehun, Jongin, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun... We were all going to die. I'm so sorry Minseok."

Xiumin stared into the darkness, gritting his teeth together in anger.

"You mean that Tao isn't a member of your group?" He snorted, a mocking laugh escaping him.

"No, of course he is, I just-"

"Just what?!" Minseok snapped. "Just didn't care about him because he's not really from your group? He's from EXO m. He has nothing to do with you. What kind of leader even are you?"

"Hyung, just listen-"

Suho was cut off again.

"No!" Minseok yelled. By now everyone else in the room was listening. "You listen to me!" He snapped, causing Suho to let out a sigh and look down at the floor in dismay. He knew what he had done was wrong, and Minseok was only making him feel worse now. "What the hell happened? What happened to him being your brother. We are one. We are EXO. What the hell did they do to you to make you forget that Junmyeon?" He hissed.

"You think I wanted to hurt him?" Suho asked in disbelief.

Xiumin rolled his eyes and shook his head. What the hell was he even talking about? If he didn't want to hurt Tao, he never would have, Junmyeon wasn't like that.

"Can't you just look at things from my point of view?" Suho asked when he got no response. "It was either sacrifice one member myself or loose another six. If you were in my position Minseok, I don't doubt that you would do the same."

Xiumin pressed his lips together.

"It's almost as though this is all controlled by a phantom. Or a poltergeist.Or a demon." Minseok began again. "Like something with powers, that aren't even human, have possessed you to do inhuman things." He paused, letting out a low chuckle as he clenched his fists, feeling his palms growing colder and colder as his hands began to shake. "Like they just take over your brain and turn you into a mindless killing machine. Because right now Suho, that's what you are."

"I'm not, hyung, I-"

"Don't you ing dare try to come up with an excuse for this!" Minseok yelled, suddenly grabbing hold of Suho by the front of his cloak. "There is no excuse!" He screamed, shaking the younger man's body with all his might.

Minseok may only have looked small and weak, but he was strong.

Suho just stood there and let Minseok shake him. He had every right to be angry at him, hell Suho was even angry at himself. He had just killed a member of his own groups after all.

Xiumin pushed the younger man to the floor, hovering over him as he lost control and began to hit him, sending hard punches to Suho's face.

"You killed him!" He yelled, repeating the words a few more times with every punch that hit his face, the impact causing Suho's hood to fall down, Minseok's body being the only thing blocking the light from killing him.

Suho let out a low growl, the entire side of his face burning with pain from where Minseok had hit it. He was angry. He didn't mean to do it, but he found himself grabbing hold of the front of Minseok's cloak and throwing him to the side.

The elder landed on his back, his hood falling down and the light engulfing him before he even had time to react.

Neither of them even had to start that fight.

Neither of them had to die.

 


ㅋㅋㅋ

​Well that's 3 members of EXO dead hehe ^^
Aren't I evil? :3
Happy birthday: Feel Dogg and Ricky ^^


And next week's teaser image!!