PROMISE

Since... When???

Narrator POV
The sound of music filled the dance studio, children's voices that excited counting each step of their dance.
  '' 1,2,3.. to the right.''
Hyuna claps happily as she looked at her young student able to do the steps be taught by her.
  '' That's good, now we take a rest first before we learn the next step.''
She went to her bag and take out her phone, checking the mail. While she was checking the mail, one of her students call her.
  '' Noona, your namjachingu is here.''
Hyuna frown.
*namjachingu? *
She turns around, her eyes freeze at the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


From a distance various sounds of music can be heard. He walked slowly while his eyes searching her at the dance studio. There are many dance studios there.  While he is walking, a woman walks past by him. From her appearance she looks like one of the dance instructors.
  '' Excuse me, miss.''
The woman stopped and looked at him.
  '' Ne?''
  '' I was looking for Hyuna? Do you know where she is?''
  '' Oh, Hyuna. You go straight and turn right. She is there.''
  '' Kamsahammida.''
  '' Ne.''
He walked in the direction that's has been directed by the woman.
The sound of children can be heard as soon as he reached the corner of the dance studio. He stopped in front of the door. There she is, standing facing the window. A kid approaches him.
  '' Hyung, you come to learn a dance too?''
He squat to equalize the height of his with the kid.
  '' No but I come here to meet with your teacher.'' He flashes his smile.
The kid spun around and calling her.
  '' Noona, your namjachingu is here.''
He giggles when he heard the words of the boy. At the same time he felt pounding waiting for her reaction. She turns around and looks at him in surprise. He waved at her with a smile.
  '' Oh oppa. Anyyeonghaseyo.''
She walked towards him.
  '' Anyyeong ~.'' He replied with a cute smile.
  '' Min Jung-ah, go sit with your friend.''
The kid walk away and leave Hyuna and Woohyun. He stands up from his squatting position.
  '' Am I disturbing?''
  '' No, it's not. But did you need something from me?''
  '' I'm sorry if I come without telling you first but can I claim the promise from you today?''
Hyuna frown,
  '' Promise?''
  '' Lunch together. You promise me.''
  '' Oh, yes I remember it.''
  '' That's good but..''
He stopped and looked at the children who are waiting for their teacher before continuing,
  '' I think I come at the wrong time.''
  '' Can you wait for a while? Class almost ended.''
  '' Sure.''
Woohyun nodded his head eagerly, can't hide his happiness.
  '' Come in.''
Hyuna invite him into the studio.
  '' Unnie your namjachingu very handsome.''
A cute little girl says while pointing her finger at Woohyun. He looked at Hyuna. Her cheek turned into a slight pink.
  '' L-let's start the class.'' She stammered a bit.
Woohyun take a seat beside the window.

Hyuna turn off the song as soon as they finish with the last step.
  '' That's all for today. Now pack all your things and wait your parent at the office.''
  '' Kamsahammida.'' All kids said in unison.
  '' Ne, see you at the next class.'' Hyuna said.
  '' Annyeonghaseyo.''
The low and husky voices attract her attention. She turned her gaze at the door. At the same time, Woohyun also look at the door.
  '' That guy, look familiar. Where I have seen him?'' He mumbled.
Hyuna walk to the door and greet him.
  '' Annyeonghaseyo, Woobin-shii. Min jung-ah your uncle is here.'' She calls the little kid.
  '' Hyuna-shii.''
  '' Ne?''
  '' We want to go for lunch, you want to come with us.''
  '' Lunch?''
She glanced at Woohyun before continuing,
  '' I'm sorry but today I can't.''
  '' It's okay, maybe next time.''
  '' Annyeong noona.''
  '' Ne annyeong. He's a good dancer.''
  '' Yeah, he loves to dance. See you later, Hyuna-shii.''
  '' Ne, Woobin-shii.''
Hyuna bow her head slightly.
After bid goodbye to all her students, she quickly gathers her things up.
  '' Oppa, kaja. Sorry I make you wait too long.''
  '' Don't worry, I enjoy watching the kids.''
  '' So, where we will have a lunch?''
  '' Anywhere.... as long as I'm with you.'' He mumble.
Even though he mumbled his last word but Hyuna can catch what he said.
  '' What did you say, oppa?''
  '' W-we can go anywhere. Since you will pay for the lunch.''
  '' If you say so, we go to the nearest cafe.''
They walk to the usual cafe.
Since there are no empty seats in the main space of the cafe, they take a seat in the private space. Quite far from other customers.
  '' Oppa, you can order whatever you want.''
  '' Really? Do not regret later. I haven't taken my proper meal for three days.''
  '' What? Why? Are you on diet?''
  '' I don't have a time.''
He said while looking at the menu on his hand.
Hyuna sighs.
  '' I guess all CEO in this world like you. No matter how important your work, a meal is important too. I'm wondering what you eat if you don't take your proper meal. Okay, let say you don't have a time to eat your meal because you have many works to do at the office but what about your dinner? You skip it too? You didn't cook at home?''
She sounded worried. Woohyun looked up from the menu. He looks at her amazed, he had never seen this side of her. She was nagging about him skip the meal. Woohyun eyes still look at her without saying anything.
  '' I'm talking to you, oppa.'' She waved her hand in front Woohyun face trying to get his attention.
Suddenly he smiles,
  '' Well, not all CEO like that just a certain CEO  will be like me. For me there are two types of CEO. First, the one who has someone to take care of them very well and lovingly. Second, someone with a loveless and no one to take care of him. No one cares about him.  Which type do you think I belong to?''
Without waiting for a reply from her, he continues.
  '' I belong to the second type. You know I'm living alone at home right? There's no one will cook for me. I don't have a maid. So after I come back from office, I'm too tired to cook. At the end I just go to sleep.''
  '' Did you not feel lonely, oppa? I think you should get married. Like Sunggyu oppa.''
  '' Hyuna-ah, who wants to marry me?''
  '' You must be joking. There's a lot of girls out there want to be your wife.''
  '' I do not need a wife who just knows spent my property. Hyuna-ah....''
He leans to the tables, his action makes her blushing.
  '' Let's order food, I'm starving. I didn't eat my breakfast today.''
  '' Again? You skip your breakfast? Oppa, it's important to eat your breakfast.''
He pretends not hearing her words. Instead he call for a waiter.


While they eat their lunch in silence, Hyuna phone ringing. There's a new message. It's from Young Mi. Later, Woohyun got a new messages too. It's from Sunggyu.
  '' Oppa and unnie will hold their second anniversary party next week.'' Hyuna say to Woohyun.
  '' I got a message from hyung too.'' He said while showing his phone to Hyuna.
  '' I need to find a gift for them.''
  '' Gift?''
Woohyun sighs and continue his word,
  '' What I should get for them?''
  '' Anything.''
  '' I really do not know how to choose a gift. You want to go with me, find a gift for them together.''
Hyuna chokes her water when she hears what Woohyun say.
  '' T-together?''
  '' Are you okay?''
He gives her a napkin.
  '' Ne, I'm okay. You want to go with me?''
  '' Yeah, if you want too.''
  '' ..... I-I'll go with you.''
Woohyun smiling happily.
  '' Are you free tonight?''
  '' Yeah.'' Hyuna answer without hesitated.
  '' I'll fetch you at 8 tonight.''
Hyuna nodded her head and continue eating her food.

 

 

 

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBES