WIFE

Since... When???

Woohyun POV

Finally, come home after such a long hour in office, nothing better than that. I get out of my car and walk to the door, after unlocking the door, I can hear someone in the kitchen, she’s here. Slowly I walk to the kitchen without making any noise and standing at the dining table watching her back, somehow I feel like having a family again, the house doesn't lifeless anymore but it can be more lively if we have a kid. I can't wait for that moment, she'll be mine. Just wait a little bit, Hyuna.

  '' Oh oppa.'' She looks at me with a spatula in her hand, I don't know when she turns and noticed I'm here because I lost in my own thought.

  '' Hi there.''

  '' How long you are standing there and staring at my back?''

  '' I don't know, you make me lost in track of time.''

  '' Whatever, go wash up, then we have dinner.''

Being an obedient guy, I walk to my room and take a shower. After a shower, I get new clothes from my wardrobe, my eyes are on the basket that full with my laundry. Should I do the laundry, I hesitated. Maybe not me, before I walk out from my room I take the laundry basket with me downstairs. I walked to the kitchen,

  '' Laundry... Laundry.'' I sang.

She looked at me,

  '' Oh are you going to do a laundry?''

I just shake my head and give her the basket.

  '' Not me but you.''

  '' What? Me? Why me?''

  '' Because you need to learn from now.''

  '' Learn what?''

  '' Learn how to be a wife, I need to train you for the future.''

  '' Future?''

  '' Now take this and go put it in the washing machine. Make sure you do it fast because I'm hungry.'' I take a seat on the chair while trying to hold my laughter, I pretend to take a look at the dish on the table, I can't look at her face because I believe I will laugh. Well, I'm doing this for her own sake, I want she feels familiar in this house by doing the house chores.

  '' Fine, I put this in the washing machine.''

After a long silence, she finally agrees with it. I watch she walk to the laundry room.

Hyuna POV

Why I'm agreeing with this? Doing his laundry? I bring the basket to the laundry room.

  '' Don't worry, I have already separated the clothes.'' He says from the dining table.

I put the basket on the floor and open the washing machine lid, I pick up the first clothes, a shirt, pant and what? Are you freaking kidding me? How I'm going to do this? He said it's already separated. Seriously, I want to kill you, Nam Woohyun. Never in my life have I touched man underwear beside of my appa and oppa. What should I do?

  '' Hyuna, how long you're going take to put the laundry in the washing machine? You didn't wash it using your hand right?''

I just ignore him, I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself. Be positive Hyuna, this is your first time, of course it will be awkward. Like unnie said, be positive. Quickly I throw all the clothes in the washing machine, after putting the clothes fragrances and make sure the clothes are being washed before I walk out of the laundry room. He waits me at the table with his head on the table, I sit in front of him, and he looks up.

  '' I hate you.'' I glare him.

  '' I love you too.'' He winks, immediately I cool down. This is the reason I can't stay angry with him, he always knows how to make me cool down again.

  '' Can we eat, I'm hungry.'' He pouts.

I just look at him, he takes a first bite and chew it in silence. He looks at me and give me a smile, but I know there's something behind those smiles. It's not a happy smile, but a smile that hides lots of sadness in it.

  '' I thought I won't be able eat any home-cooked meal in this house anymore.''

I look into his eyes, I can feel how lonely he was, live alone in this big house, every day an instant ramyun is his meal or maybe he not having a meal at all. After losing his family at a young age, make me admire him, how he can still continue his live at the same time being a CEO of his family company. It must hard for him, if I can help him ease all the sadness and pain away, will I be able to do that?

  '' Thanks Hyuna.''

He finally breaks the silence. I hold his hand, make he turned his gaze on me.

  '' Don't, there's nothing you need to thank me. If you want, I can cook for you anytime. You just need to tell me.''

  '' Really? You sure you don't mind? Even if I ask you to cook me a meal every day?''

  '' Yes, I don't mind because you need to take a proper meal. I don't want you to eat instant ramyun for every day, I think I need to get rid all ramyun in the kitchen. From now on, I'll take care of your meal.''

  '' Than-''

  '' No, don't say that word. Let's eat, I'm starving and I hope my cooking suit with your taste.''

I cut his word, I know he wants to thank me. I'm doing this because I love him, I don't need a thank you from him just loving me is enough to repay all this.

I wash the dishes and clean up the kitchen, but I can't concentrate with my work because of him. He leans on the counter and keeps staring at me. I quickly finish with the dishes, I turn off the tap and turn around, look at him.

  '' What are you doing, oppa.''

  '' I don't know.'' He shakes his head cutely.

  '' You make me feel uncomfortable, is there something wrong?''

He looked at me from head to toe.

  '' After you done with your work, come see me in the living room.''

He walks away, leaving me dumfounded. I just shrugged my shoulder, confuse with his action, I still have some work to do even though I feel like I want to go home now, I drag my feet to the laundry room and take out the laundry from the washing machine. While doing all this house chores make me think, is this how all wife feels? It’s not like I regret doing all this, but the tiredness makes me respect all wife in the world. How they can do house chores, at the same time they need to take care of their children. I just do two things in this house but I already tired? I know it’s unbelievable, maybe he right. I need to learn to do these things so it will be easier for me. For future? Yeah, for future.

  ‘’ Hyuna.’’

He calls me from the living room, I just ignore him, but again he whines my name. He’s too cute for me to handle when he do his aegyo, I never thought he had this side of him.

  ‘’ Ne, oppa.’’ I answer him.

  ‘’ Come here, ppalli.’’

  ‘’ Why? Can’t you wait for a bit, I still have some work to do.’’

  ‘’ No, I miss you.’’

  ‘’ Stop being so cheesy oppa.’’

  ‘’ No, I’m not.’’

I hang the last clothes on the laundry racks and I walk out of the laundry room to the living room where he lay on his stomach on the couch while watching television. He looks up and pat a seat beside him, I sit beside him without saying anything.

  ‘’ Help me.’’

  ‘’ What?’’

He still has a work to give to me? I wonder what it is this time. He pats his shoulder.

  ‘’ I’m tired, massage my shoulder. Don’t you dare to against my word.’’

He warns me, don’t want to have a fight with him I just follow his words. I massage his shoulder, it’s so tense, and slowly he becomes relaxed. I just do my work in silence. His eyes fixed on the screen, I massage him for a few minutes until my phone beeping of new messages. I stop massage him and reach for my bag on the tables. A massage from unnie.

‘’ Hey, Hyuna. What are you doing? Can I call you, I’m bored. Sunggyu oppa not at home.’’

-unnie-

I reply her massage,

‘’ I’m sorry, but I’m busy. Sorry unnie.’’

I don’t want she know that I’m at Woohyun oppa house, I don’t want she misunderstand. She might think that we’re doing something in the house. Sometimes she can be like that, overreacted. But I don’t hate her for that, because I know she love me and afraid if something bad happen to me. I think I do a good job make her get married with Sunggyu oppa.

I’m about to continue massaging him when he stops me, he gets up and sit beside me. He looks straight into my eyes, I turned my gaze to the television, avoiding his eyes. It’s not because I dislike just I’m feeling shy. He cupped my cheek and makes me look at him, slowly he drew his face closer to mine. Is he going to kiss me? I hold my breath waiting for his action, our lips just a few inches away.

He stops and whisper on my lips,

  ‘’ Are you not going home?’’

What? He’s not going to kiss me, I thought he would do it. Seriously, I’m so disappointed, I’m really stupid. It’s made me annoyed, quickly I move away from him and grab my things pretending I’m not disappointed, and not care about it.

  ‘’ You’re right, I need to go home. It’s late.’’

I get up from the couch, with a bag on my shoulder I walk to the door, he follows me from behind. I wear my shoes and open the door, he hold my hands. I look at him, he smile sweetly and kiss me on the lips. It happens very fast, he sneaked his hand on my waist makes me closer to him, he deepened the kiss, and I freeze for a few second. Slowly I close my eyes and reply his kiss. We're kissing until I feel like my lung almost empty with oxygen, I pull away, we are trying to catch our breath.

  ‘’ That’s your reward for today.’’ He says.

Reward? That’s mean every time I help him, I will get a kiss from him? If that’s true, I’ll glad to accept it. Wait, why I’m being like this? I sound like I craving for his kiss, get a grip of yourself Hyuna.

  ‘’ Yes, you’ll get a kiss from me every time you have done your work that I ask.’’ He says, I look at him disbelief, he can read my mind too? Why my mind is too easy to read. First unnie, now him.

  ‘’ Tomorrow I want my lunch, but I have a lot of work to do, I hope you can send the lunch to my office.’’ He continues.

  ‘’ Okay, bye. See you tomorrow.’’ I walk to my car without looking back anymore, there are many things in my mind now. All the wife thing makes me confuse and the way he acts today, it’s like he hint me about something. Maybe it's just me who overthinking?

 

 

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBES

ENJOY