A PROMISE

Since... When???

Narrator POV

Hyuna stir in her sleep, she feels something on her face and she knows what it is. She pushes away the face that disturbing her sleep, she pulls the blanket to cover her face.

 '' Yah, how could you push away my beautiful face.''

 '' Don't disturb me.'' She says without open her eyes, continues to get some sleep.

'' Yah, get up. It's time to go to work, I'll take a shower first.'' He gets out of bed and walks to the bathroom. Slowly Hyuna open her eyes, she looks at the clock and sigh deeply. Lately she always feels tired it’s not like she got a lot of work to do, since they hire a new dance instructor, her workload become less than usual. Woohyun did suggest her to quit, but she can't, she loves her career now. Hyuna forces herself to get up from lying, she grabs a glass of water beside the bed and take a sip. Maybe I need to take a leave, 1 or 2 days. She just thought.

Woohyun drop Hyuna at her workplace,

 '' Sorry today I can't eat breakfast with you, but I promise we will eat lunch together today.''

 '' It's okay oppa, if you have a work to do, it's okay, I can go with my co-worker.''

 '' If you need anything, just call me.'' He Hyuna head with a worried smile on his face. Hyuna can see he worries about her, she takes his hand in her hand.

 '' Oppa don't worry, I'll be fine. You better off to work now if you don't want to be late for a meeting. I love you.'' Hyuna kiss his cheek and get out of the cars.

Woohyun stay there until Hyuna enter the cafe near her workplace.

Hyuna take a seat far from other customers and order her breakfast, while waiting for the food come, she checks her face in her small mirror, her face looks tired even she has not started any of her classes yet. Last night, her omma call from London to check on her, she has to sound cheerful just to avoid her omma from knowing her real condition. The waiters come and place her food on the tables, she grabs a glass of milk without saying thanks to the waiters she drinks her milk, ignoring the waiters. Lately, she really loves to drink a milk. Every day, every morning and before sleep she will drink a milk, she's not a type that really loves milk, milk is not her favourite drink. Maybe her taste bud wants a new flavour, something fresh. Yes, she really loves something fresh and she started to dislike an instant food and fast foods, she prefers a home cook. Was it weird?

 

'' Woohyun-shii.''

 '' Woohyun-shii.''

 '' Woohyun-shii.''

He looks around, all his workers staring at him.

 '' Are you okay, Woohyun-shii? Want to take a rest?''

He turns his head to his secretary and again look at his workers. He sighs, he has just realised that he in the middle of a meeting. His mind can't stop thinking about Hyuna, he's worried about her.

 '' You want to stop the meeting?''

 '' No, it's okay. Let's continue.'' He fixes his posture and trying to concentrate. It feels like the time moving to slow, he wishes he can run to Hyuna and to make sure she's fine. Whenever he restless in his seat or start to lose his focus, his secretary will kick his leg to make sure his focus. Secretly he takes out his phone from his pants, trying to send a message to Hyuna but his secretary take it away from him. He looks at her, she just give him a warning look. He just can hope that the meeting will end soon.

After the meeting ended, he quickly enters his room and take a seat on his chair.

 '' Yah, what happens to you? Not feeling well?''

 '' Noona, give me my phone back.''

 '' Wait, before I give it to you, let me ask you. Are you okay? It's not you, normally you will give your concentration 100% in meeting but not today. What happen?''

 '' Nothing.''

 '' Nothing?''

 '' Yes.''

 '' Okay then, next you have to meet with a representative from the AZ company. Today they're going to show you their proposal and make sure you focus on this meeting. You've another 10 minutes before the meeting start.'' She walks away from him but Woohyun stop her.

 '' My phone.''

 '' Not until we are done with this meeting.'' She walks out of his room, leaving Woohyun alone.

 '' Haishh, that noona.''

Woohyun trying to call Hyuna using his office phone, but she didn't pick up the call, maybe she's in the middle of class.

 

'' Okay, let's take a break.''

Hyuna sit on the floor and drink from her bottle, trying to regain her energy back. Emily, the new dance instructor come and sit beside her.

 '' Hyuna-ah, you look pale. Let's go to the clinic.''

 '' No, no, it's okay. I just need a rest.''

 '' You're not okay. Let's go.'' She takes Hyuna hand and make her stand up.

 '' Wait, my class not done yet.''

 '' Don't worry about the class, the others can take over.''

Emily and Hyuna walk out of the building and go to the nearest clinic.

 

 

Hyuna POV

'' Oppa, sorry, but can we cancel our lunch today. I have a few things to do before I'm on leave. Yeah, I'm deciding to take 2 days leave. I'm fine, don't worry about me. Okay, bye.'' I cut the call, I have to cancel our lunch today because I'm not ready and all this still new to me. I need a time to think about it and accept the reality.

 '' Hyuna? Are you okay?'' Emily knocks, the door, I quickly get up from sitting on the toilet bowl and pretending to flush it. I open the door and give her a smile.

 '' Feel better?'' She asks.

 '' Yeah.'' I'm nodding.

She didn't know the truth is and I won't let her know about it.

 '' About your classes when you on leave will take over by me and Soojung unnie. So don't worry.''

 '' Thanks Emily.''

 '' Soojung unnie says you can go home early today if you want. She's afraid that you will become worse and collapsed.''

I'm laughing a little,

 '' It's okay, I'm fine. Let's go I show you what you have to do for my classes.''

We walk out of the toilet.

 

I'm deciding to go home early by a cab. Luckily Woohyun got something important to do so he can't send me home. As soon as I arrived at Woohyun house, I quickly enter the house. Since 4 months ago I stayed in this house because my parents are on their trip. Currently, they in London and their next stop is Japan before comes back to Korea. How to tell them? Face to face or over the phone? If I wait for them to come back, that's mean I need to wait around 1 month. Oh no, it's not a good idea. Call? I don't know what to say. Suddenly, my stomach makes a sound. I look at the clock, it's already 3 p.m. no wonder I feel hungry.

 '' Are you hungry? Sorry, let's find something to eat okay.'' I my stomach softly.

I go to the kitchen and open the fridge.

 '' Only this left?'' I pour the milk into the glass, the last glass of milk. I reheated the soup, while waiting for the food is ready, I walk to the living room to find my phone. I don't know how but I almost fall, luckily I managed to cling on the couch. My heart beats faster, I look down, my feet are stuck in the carpet. I take a seat on the couch and trying to calm down myself.

 '' I think I should be more careful next time. No more clumsiness.''

 

 

  

 

Narrator POV

'' What?! Are you what Hyuna? Tell us it's not true.'' Her omma grab her shoulder tightly.

 '' Look at me.'' I'm trying to avoid her eyes.

 '' I said, look at me. Ungrateful daughter!! '' She slaps her on the face, she falls on the floor.

 '' From today, you're not my daughter anymore. Get out of here!!! ''

 '' Omma. No please, don't. Omma.'' Hyuna hug her omma leg, begging for forgiveness.

 '' Don't touch me.''

 '' Omma.''

 '' Omma.''

 '' Omma.''

 

 '' Hyuna.'' Woohyun shook her shoulder, she restless in her sleep.

 '' Omma.'' She mumbles.

 '' Hyuna, wake up.'' He shook her a bit rough and she awakes from her sleep. She looks around and look back at Woohyun, she heave sighs of relief. It's just a bad dream. Woohyun wipe a sweat on her forehead.

 '' You're sweating, is it a bad dream?''

She just nodded weakly,

 '' What's the time now? Are you finishing your work early today?''

 '' No, it's almost dinner time. Are you feeling okay? You look pale, luckily you take a leave. You really need a rest.''

 '' Yeah, I'm feeling better now. You must be hungry, go upstairs, clean yourself and I will prepare the dinner.''

 '' It's okay, tonight I will cook for dinner. You stay here.''

Woohyun walks to upstairs, leaving Hyuna alone at the couch. Her eyes followed his steps until he disappears to the bedrooms.

 '' How I'm going to tell him? How?'' She sighs.

Hyuna lean on the couch and thinking the right way and right time to tell Woohyun. This is not a small matter, she needs to be serious with it.

 '' It's okay, Hyuna-ah. The dream won't be true, maybe. I hope so.'' She groans frustrated. 

 

After the dinner, Hyuna drag Woohyun to the living room and make him sit on the couch and she takes a seat beside him.

 '' I-I have something to tell you.''

 '' What is it about? You look worried about it, Hyuna.''

 '' I have to be worried but not only me, you too, you need to worry about this matter too. I'm serious.''

 '' O-okay, so what is it?''

She takes a deep breath and exhales before continuing,

 '' I-I'm.. I'm pregnant.''

 '' You what?!''

 '' P-R-E-G-N-A-N-T. I'm pregnant, oppa.''

Woohyun speechless, his eyes popping out, his jaws drop, unbelievable. Hyuna waiting for him to speak something, but Woohyun can only shake his heads little. He keeps murmuring unbelievable.

 '' O-oppa.''

They in silence for a few minutes until Woohyun break in tears, he smiles. He holds Hyuna hands.

 '' You pregnant, we will have a baby.'' He hugs Hyuna, but her push him away.

 '' What's wrong? You didn't like it?''

 '' Oppa, we're in trouble. We're having a baby without getting married. What will happen if my parents know about this. We can't hide it, sooner my stomach will grow bigger. I'm afraid this will affect you and my family. How I'm going to tell my parents? Sunggyu oppa? They will be furious about this. Of course I'm happy with the news. Who doesn't like if they're carrying another life in their body. This is what I want, but with our current relationship, I do feel afraid.''

 '' Don't tell me that you want to abort the baby.''

 '' No, of course not. I'm not that crazy. This is my child, I won't do that thing.''

 '' Our child, Hyuna. I'm so sorry for being careless, it's all my fault, if I didn't drink too much that night, this won't happen. Seriously, I didn't expect this coming, just because of one night.''

 '' This is not your fault oppa. If I stop you, it won't happen, but I didn't, right? I thought I won't get pregnant if it's only for one night. Haish, I should take a birth control pill.''

 '' It's already happening, we can't do nothing. Hyuna, I will responsible for this matter.''

 '' Of course you have to be responsible for this matter.''

 '' I will meet your parents, but before that, I think we should tell Sunggyu oppa.''

 '' What?!''

 '' We don't have a choice anymore. We have to tell him about this. Everything.''

 '' I hope he can accept this.''

 '' I hope so. Now you need a rest, no wonder you're very tired lately. Look at your face, I think we will have a daughter for our first child.''

 '' Huh? What make you say that?''

 '' All your beauty is gone.''

 '' Did you take my beauty, baby.'' She her stomach softly, somehow she can't wait to see their baby.

 '' We'll be fine, Hyuna-ah. We will raise our child together. I won't ever leave you. That's my promise to you.'' He puts his hand on Hyuna hand.

 '' Thank you,oppa for not leaving me.''

 

 

 

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE

ENJOY~