Friend

Since... When???

Hyuna POV

Finally the day I'm waiting for, even though I don't know how to explain to him, I'm ready to accept all the words from him. If after this he will hate me, I'll accept it. I'm ready for any kind of consequence.

  '' Hyuna, what are you doing here? You say you have to go see someone during lunch.''

  '' Oh, right. What is the time now?''

  '' It's almost one o'clock. Are you alright?''

  '' Yeah, I'm fine.''

  '' If you aren't feeling well, you can go home.''

  '' Don't worry unnie, thanks for remind me.''

I sling my bag on my shoulder and check my image in the mirror before walking to the door.

  '' Unnie, are you sure you will be okay stay alone here?''

  '' I'll be fine.''

  '' If anything happens, give me a call. Immediately.''

  '' Hyuna-ah, it's not like I'll give birth today.''

  '' Who knows, I know the baby can't wait to see the world.'' I touch her baby bump.

I'm really worried to leave her alone in the studio even though her due date is next week.

  '' Okay, I promise, I'll call you if anything happens. So now go, you'll be late. I'll stay in the office.''

  '' Let me walk you to the office.''

I hold her hand and lead her to the main office.

  '' Hyuna-ah, you sound like you have experience with give birth thing.''

  '' Of course I have.''

  '' What? Don't tell me, you'd pregnant. Who's the father of your baby? Woohyun?''

Here she goes again, pregnant? I'm too young for that and Woohyun child? Seriously, it's impossible, but not if we get married right?

  '' Ohh, it's true?'' She gasped.

  '' Of course not unnie. Can't you see, I'm too young for that. I have experience with my sister-in-law. She gives birth earlier than her due date. That's why I'm worried about you.''

  '' I thought you really have a child.''

I make her sit on the chair gently.

  '' No, I don't have.''

  '' Okay, now you're really late for the lunch date Hyuna-ah. Go run.''

  '' Oh , I'm late.''

I quickly run to the door, but before I close the door, I give a look at her.

  '' Unnie, it's not a date.''

I run towards the stairs, ignoring my safety. I run until I arrive at the place, I stop from my running. This is it, our first place, where we start to know each other and become a friend. Maybe not for him, I take a deep breath, I enter the cafe and look around. There he is sitting beside the window. Slowly I approach him.

  '' Oppa.''

He looks up and give me a smile, not a usual smile.

  '' Take a seat, Hyuna.''

I take a seat in front him, this is the first time we meet after the day at the mall. Truthfully, I feel a little nervous.

  '' How are you doing?''

  '' I'm fine oppa.''

  '' I have already ordered a drink for you, I hope you don't mind.''

  '' No, of course not.''

  '' Err... Is he knowing that you meet with me today?'' He says awkwardly.

  '' Who?''

  '' Your boyfriend, Woohyun-shii.''

  '' Ohh, he knows.''

He heaved a sigh of relief,

  '' That's good, I don't want he misunderstanding us.''

  '' Don't worry, he's not that kind of guy.''

The waiter come and place our drink on the table. As soon as the waiter, leave, he speak again.

  '' Actually, I have something to tell you.''

I knew it, I know this time will come and I'm ready. Before he can continue, I speak up.

  '' I'm sorry oppa, I know I should tell you earlier, but I swear, when we first meet I didn't have anything with him. That time, we just-''

  '' Wait, Hyuna. What are you talking about?'' He frowns.

That's right Hyuna, you did a great job, embarrassing yourself. Can I run from here, oh god. Why I'm like this? I should let him talk first.

  '' Err... Just forget it. What you want to tell me oppa.''

  '' This is maybe our last meet.''

  '' Why?''

  '' Yesterday, I've got a letter from the main office. I got promoted.''

  '' Congratulation oppa.''

  '' Thanks, but I need to move to overseas.''

  '' Move to overseas? Where?''

  '' Australia.''

He will move to Australia? He got promoted? Is this for real or he just wants to avoid me? I keep thinking about it, what if he just makes up all of this thing?

  '' But... Oppa, you didn't do this because of me, right?''

  '' Huh? What do you mean?''

  '' Honestly, I feel very sorry towards you. I know your feeling about me, but I think I'm hurting you. I'm sorry because I can't accept you as a special person in my heart, all the past months you shower me with all the kindness but in the end I still accept you as my friend. Somehow I feel like I betray you, I understand if you're upset with me. It's my fault, if I tell you from earlier you won't be that shocked. I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm really sorry, oppa.''

  '' Hyuna-ah, look at me.''

I look up and our eyes meet.

  '' You don't need to be sorry, I understand. Yes, I admit I'm really shocked when he introduces himself, but I know I can't force someone especially when it comes to love. Loves need to come from the heart and its need to be a sincere feeling. Even though we can't have a love relationship, but I'll be glad if you can accept me as your friend. I'm going to overseas not because I'm trying to avoid you, this is about my future. My omma really want me to accept this offer, that's why I'm going there.''

  '' Really, oppa?''

  '' Yes. Now I don't want you to feel guilty anymore, you didn't have any fault and I need your help. I want you to cut Minjung name of the dance class.''

  '' Why? He loves to dance, you can't make him stop. Be a professional dancer is his dream, I thought you knew that.''

  '' Of course I know. Don't worry, I won't forbid him from dance, I will send him to a dance class when we stay in Australia.''

  '' It's mean that you-''

  '' I'll bring my parents and Minjung too. I can't leave them here.''

  '' Okay, I'll do it, but oppa, if you move to overseas I'm afraid we'll lose contact.''

  '' I'll send you an email maybe not every day, but twice a week? Is it okay with you?''

  '' Fine as long as we a friend.''

  '' Of course.''                       

Finally, all the these things are settled, my mind are calm. Even though we start with a blind date, but it's a fate. We're not meant to be together. But I'm still glad that we meet, he's a good friend, I hope he can move on and find someone that better than me in Australia. From today we're officially becoming a friend.

 

 

 

COMMENT&SUSCRIBES

ENJOY