THE SECRET

Since... When???

 

Narrator POV

Sunggyu keep pressing the bell, it’s been 10 minutes he waits for the door open. He can’t stand anymore longer with the cold weather, the thick jacket didn’t help to warm his body anymore. According to the news, today will be a cold day, maybe the snow will fall tonight. He pressing the bell again and finally the door is open by the owner of the house.

  ‘’ Why you took so long to open the door. You know how the weather today? It’s winter now, winter Woohyun-ah. Move away, I was freezing already.’’

 He pushes the young man aside and enters the house. He looks at Woohyun and frown.

  ‘’ What’s wrong with you? You look uncomfortable. Are you okay? Not feeling well?’’

  ‘’ Err... hyung, can you wait here? I need to use the toilet. Urgent thing.’’

Before Sunggyu can reply to him, he has already run to upstairs to release his urgent thing.

  ‘’ You should give your hyung a drink first.’’ He chuckles and takes a seat in the living room.

He looks around the living room, his gaze stopped at the family portrait. The young man in the portrait looks happy with his family by his side. After the plane crash, he lost his parents along his only sister. The house that is full with voice and laughter now it’s only surrounded by loneliness. Nam Woohyun the only heirs of Nam’s family. Sunggyu look at his watch and turn his gaze at the stairs, there’s no sign of Woohyun so he decides to go upstairs. He climbs the stairs and walk into Woohyun bedroom. He opens the door and enters the bedroom, sounds of water in the bathroom show that Woohyun still do his urgent thing. He walks around his room, it is his first time to enter the bedroom. Woohyun never allow anyone to enter his room. Sunggyu stop at the study table near the corner of the room. He frowns.

Slowly he takes the picture frame, didn’t want to make any noise. He looks at the picture, speechless.

  ‘’ Why he has her picture?’’

He looks again on the table and found a journal. Sunggyu put down the picture frame and hesitantly to open the journal. After making sure Woohyun still in the bathroom, he open the journal again her picture in the journal. A lot of pictures of her smiling, laughing. What makes it weird, almost all of the picture is taken when she didn’t notice it. It’s a candid picture. Sunggyu read the first entry with a wide eyes, the journal almost fell down from his hold.

  ‘’ H-hyung… w-what are you doing here?’’

Woohyun become restless and he looks at Sunggyu hand. He quickly runs to Sunggyu and trying to take the journal, but Sunggyu keep it away from him.

  ‘’ H-hyung… I-I can…’’ He stuttered.

Sunggyu look straight into his eyes.

  ‘’ What does this mean, Woohyun-ah? Can you tell me the truth?

Woohyun sigh and lowered his head. He just keeps silent.

  ‘’ Woohyun-ah, just tell me. I promise I won’t scold you. I just want to know since when you start to feel like this?’’

  ‘’ S-Since you go to overseas to continue your study.’’

  ‘’ Then why you didn’t tell her?’’ Sunggyu ask him.

Woohyun surprise with Sunggyu words, he raises his head and look into Sunggyu eyes. Slowly a smile appears on Sungyyu lips. Sunggyu chuckle and hugs Woohyun who still in confused.

  ‘’ You think I will against you? Huh? I’m glad to accept you as my brother in-laws. So when do you want to confess to her?’’

  ‘’ I don’t know. What if this is just a one side love? I don’t know whether she likes me too.’’

  ‘’ Of course she do. I’m her brother Woohyun-ah. I know her very well. You know what Woohyun-ah, my imagination becomes true. I always thought you two can make a perfect couple. But like you say, you like her since I go to the overseas right? If you really like her, why you being coupled with that Eunji girl? Also being a playboy? Why?’’

Woohyun lean on the table and take the journal from Sunggyu hand. He opens the journal and looking through it, then he stop at one of those pages, he gives back the journal to Sunggyu.

  ‘’ Read this.’’

Sunggyu read the entry in silent. After a few minutes he reads the entry, he looked up to Woohyun.

  ‘’ So this is the reason why you change?’’

Woohyun nodded shyly.

  ‘’ Jealousy can make someone change, so now Woohyun you need to answer my question honestly.’’

  ‘’ What is it, hyung?’’

  ‘’ You know I can’t give my sister to a person that can throw her away anytime. It’s not because I don’t trust you, I ask you this because I love her. I don’t want to see she cries and frustrated. Woohyun, do you really… really love my sister?’’

Woohyun nodded his head without hesitation.

  ‘’ Hyung, trust me I changed already. I’m not a playboy anymore. I won’t play with her heart, she different, and she special to me.’’

  ‘’ I hope you will stick with your words.’’

  ‘’ So…’’

  ‘’ So… what? Huh?’’

  ‘’ Err, hyung can you please not tell anyone about this. It’s a secret between us. Just you and me.’’

  ‘’ Not even my wife?’’

  ‘’ Yes, even noona can’t know about this.’’

  ‘’ Okay, but Woohyun-ah can I borrow your journal, it’s interesting. This can be my bedtime story.’’

  ‘’ Bwoh?? No you can’t.’’  He snatched the journal from Sunggyu hold.

  ‘’ Arrasso, I won’t take it. I wait you at downstairs. We have a lot of work to do. Ppalli.’’

Sunggyu walking out from the room, Woohyun keep the journal in his drawer and following Sunggyu to downstairs. Now the secret is known only by him has been known by others. He hopes Sunggyu won’t tell the other because he not ready yet to explain all the things.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  COMMENT&SUBSCRIBES