Now or never

REVENGE

KWON YURI HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I was late, I know. Sorry Yuri..huhuhu.. THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS!!!! ENJOY~~~~

 

 

 

'Who am I kidding with? It has always been him. Does she loves him? Then what about me?'

 

Sooyoung twirl around his glass watching the liquid inside moves along. His mind is full of question relating to Sunny. It was obvious to him how she change since the new Yuri joined the team. Sooyoung knew Sunny and Yuri old past. Before Jessica, Yuri once dated Sunny back then. But things didn't go the way they wanted and both of them ended up as friends could it be Sunny try to re-live that moment again?

 

"This feel ."

 

Sooyoung gulped down all the liquid in one shot emptying his glass. Memories from earlier flashback in his mind.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Why did you do that?"

 

Sooyoung held her wrist preventing Sunny from leaving.

 

"What did I do?"

 

"You want to take Jessica place. You can't do that."

 

Sunny look at him disbelieve. She pulled away from him.

 

"And why can't I?"

 

Sooyoung couldn't asnwer back. Why can't her? What rights does he have on her. He was just a friend. Nothing more.

 

"Soo, I appreciate your concern over me but I can take care of myself. I'm going home."

 

Sunny distance herself and walked away from him leaving Sooyoung battling anger inside of him. He does care about hern more than his own self. But Sunny never saw that and he doibt she will ever notice it.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK.

 

Sooyoung put down his glass and sighed. He should be at home and rest for tomorrow. But no. He decided to be here and drink his heart out.

 

"1 more."

 

The bartebder pour some more in his glass and left him alone. Sooyoung was about to drink it all up when someone took the glass away and drink it.

 

"Yah!"

 

He was shock to see Sunny beside him finishing his drink. He blushed.

 

"Now I know why you're always drink this. It taste different."

 

Did Sunny just smile at him or Sooyoung was too drunk and starts halucinating. He rub his eyes again and again. When he's done, he still see Sunny.

 

"What are you...I mean.. Why...you.."

 

Sunny just rolled her eyes.

 

"I think you had enough of this. Come on I sent you home."

 

"Home?"

 

Sunny pulled him up and place his arm around her shoulder before she wrapped her arms around his waist holding him steady.

 

"Yes Soo. Home. Come on."

 

Sooyoung let her dragged him outside the club.

 

"Sunny?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

They finally reach her car but Sooyoung didn't let her go.

 

"Don't go to Yuri."

 

Sunny looks up and saw the taller guy had fall asleep when he spoke. She chuckles.

 

"I won't shiksin."

 

 

.....

 

 

Yuri looked around the equipment room and spots his locker. His old locker just next to Jessica. He smile remembering how they always talk and flirts and do some not so.innocent stuff when evreyone aren't around.

 

"That is your locker Lieutenant Kwon."

 

It was Taeyeon standing behind him. Yuri smile and answered back.

 

"I just figure that out since my name on it."

 

"Good. You seems to know more than you should."

 

"IFI isn't that hard to figure out."

 

Taeyeon opens his locker and took out his black shirt from inside. Yuri couodn't stand the awkward atmosphere so he decides to check the row of guns trying to decide what should he used for tonight mission.

 

'Kwon Yuri."

 

Yuri turn around and at that instance saw Taeyeon send a punch straight to his face. He ducked just in time.

 

"Are you crazy?!"

 

Taeyeon smile and used his elbow forcing it towards Yuri. Yuri block it with his palm and divert the force of Taeyeon elbow to the right. But Taeyeon was ready for another blow. He kneed his stomach jerking Yuri towards him. Taeyeon sent another deadly punch and this time it hit him directly. Yuri groans in pain and felt backwards on the floor. He felt blood on his lips. He wipe away his blood with the back of his hand and looked up. Taeyeon was standing looking at him with a fierceful expression.

 

"That is a reminder to you if anything happen to Jessica tonight, I'll take you responsible for it. I'll be watching you."

 

Taeyeon smirks and left the room leaving Yuri with a bloody lips on floor.

 

"Curse you Taeyeon."

 

.....

 

 

 

"Equipment check! I don't want anyone telling me later that he/she forgot to bring anything."

 

Everyone inside the equipment room checked their item list again. Seohyun looked a bit trouble locking her K5 semi auto pistol into the holster. Yuri saw it and help the girl.

 

"Here."

 

He place the gun into it holster and buckle it before helping her strap it around her thigh.

 

"It's done."

 

"Thank you lieutenant."

 

"It's Yuri. You don't have to be formal with me."

 

Seohyun smiled at him. But despite the sweet smile, he saw how nervous she is.

 

"You look nervous. Are you okay?"

 

"The last time they sent me on field was years ago."

 

"Ah. You're worried too much. You have Taeyeon with you. He's one of the best."

 

Yuri try to lift her spirit for this mission. He pats her back and smile.

 

"Plus, Hyoyeon won't pick you if she thinks you can't do it."

 

Seohyun nods and Yuri can see her nervous tune down a little. He gently pats her cheek and move to his locker. Seohyun place her palm on her cheek where he just pat.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

Seohyun felt she should be responsible for what had happen today. She was careless and almost got Yuri into trouble. When she saw Yuri came out from the chopper, Seohyuj quikcly move towards him.

 

"Oppa!"

 

Seohyun hugged the tan guy but soon release him when he groaned in pain.

 

"I'm sorry!"

 

"Seo, it's okay I'm fine."

 

She looks at Yuri and in an instant tears rolled down her cheek. Yuri frown. He ignored his wounded body and hugged the girl.

 

"Hey, it's okay. You did great. Plus I'm alive right?"

 

"B-but I could have got you kill.."

 

Yuri just keep on smiling. He untangle his arm around her and wipe away her tears.

 

"That is not important. I'm alive and safely home. I'm more than grateful. So stop crying and smile. For me?"

 

Seohyun nods and smile. Yuri can't help but grinned happily. He pats her cheek.

 

"That's my Seo baby."

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

"Yul oppa?"

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Tiffany stood in front of the monitor. The screen was pitch balck but she kept staring at it as if thinking of something.

 

"Lieutenant Hwang? They are ready to go."

 

Tiffany just nods and turn around facing her tech team. Yoong stood not so far from her acting as her secobd in command prior to Seohyun on field replacement.

 

"This is it. I have only one rule and that is to obey me. Refuse and you can find yourself in another team. Are we clear?"

 

"Yes maam!"

 

The whole members of the team sopken unisonly. Tiffany glances at Yoong.

 

"Ready Yoong?"

 

Yoong nods giving Tiffany a go signal. She took a deep breath.

 

"Connect me to the infiltration team. Load the satellite feed."

 

The nearest guy next to Tiffany respond first.

 

"Establish connection in 3, 2, 1."

 

"This is Lieutenant Hwang Tiffany. I'am your mission leader. You will be setting your watch to mine. It's 2300."

 

Yoong watched the screen monitor. He just like Tiffany is ready. Then came Taeyeon voice.

 

"This 1st Lieutenant Kim Taeyeon. We will head off in 5 minutes."

 

"Have a safe flight. I'll be talking again when you reach your destination."

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Taeyeon help Seohyun with her seat buckle before sitting down next to Jessica. Next to him was Sunny. Sooyoung and Yuri occupied the set in front of them. Taeyeon spoke first.

 

"I'll summarize again. Sunny and Sooyoung will drop off 3 miles before us. You two know what to do next. I'll take the next jump with Seohyun. Yuri and Jessic will take the last jump. Be stealth and keep quiet. Once we reach ground, take cover. Tiffany will assist us for the next move. Understand?"

 

Everyone nod their head. Satisfied, Taeyeon keep on talking.

 

"Take care of yourself."

 

Jessica saw Taeyeon looking at her as if the last sentences were meant for her. She smile at him telling him that she will be fine. Sunny looks at Yuri and caught him looking at Jessica. She smile.

 

'Goodluck Yul.'

 

 

.....

 

 

"You look depress Yoong."

 

Yoong glance at Tiffany and sighed.

 

"I'm fine Lieutenant. I'm kind of worried."

 

Tiffany get what he meant. He's worried about Jessica.

 

"To be honest, me too. But we can't. We have to trust them to be fine. The first step as a mission leader."

 

"It is depressing to just sit here and watch unable to do be there and help them on field."

 

Tiffany pats his back and smile.

 

"But you can help them here. Your plan could either save them or kill them. So stay focus. You'll be fine."

 

Yoong replied with a smile and focus back on the screen watching the Black Hawk moving. He will do his best to get everyone in and out safely. Especially Jessica.

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Taeyeon stood up when the red light flashes.

 

"Sooyoung and Sunny. 30 seconds. Get ready."

 

Both Sooyoung and Sunny check their gear again making sure the harness is okay before move toward the cabin door. Taeyeon gave them a go signal once the pilot gave his clerance. Sunny jump out first followed by Sooyoung. They used a wire rope attached to the chopper as a line guidance sliding downwards. Once there is a clearance of 2 feets from ground, Sunny detached her belay. Sooyoung soon followed suit.

 

Yuri who have been watching from above, signals the pilot to fly away by making a circle in mid air using his finger. Taeyeon pats Seohyun gesturing her to get ready.

 

"Taengoo. Be careful okay?"

 

Taeyeon smile back at her and wrapped his arm around her. Jessica hugged back.

 

"Sica, you should be careful. Don't do anything you might regret."

 

Taeyeon voice sounded serious. Jessica knew that tone.

 

"I'll be fine."

 

Taeyeon unwrapped his arm around her. He gestured for Seohyun to followed suit. Positioning themselves at the edge of the cabin door, Taeyeon gave a thumbs up. Seohyun slide down first before Taeyeon followed. Once both of them on ground, Yuri again signal the pilot to move towards the last location. He looks at Jessica.

 

"Jessica, it's our turn."

 

"Okay."

 

A few minutes later, the black hawk pilot gave them a signal it's clear to land. Jessica attached her belay on the wire rope and slide down towards the ground. Yuri gave a thumbs up towards the pilot and slide down following Jessica closely from behind. Once they settled on the ground and detached their belay, the chopper left them. Jessica take off her harness and gave it to Yuri. He took it and put it inside his bag along with his own.

 

"Taengoo?"

 

Jessica used her mouthpiece to communicate with the others.

 

"You're on ground Sica?"

 

"Yeah, me and Yuri."

 

Yuri held his M16A carefully inspecting around. Then they heard another voice from their ear piece.

 

"This is Lieutenant Hwang. Everyone on position?"

 

"This is Sergeant Lee. I'm in position."

 

"Private Choi in position."

 

"1st Lieutenant Kim. We're moving to the South gate."

 

"This is Lieutenant Jung. We're moving to the east."

 

Tiffany signals the satellite operator for more feed.

 

“Okay. I’ll re-brief again. Sunny, Sooyoung, you’re job to stay as a lookout for anything. We have no idea what they have inside those area but whatecer it is, they surely doesn’t want us to know. Inform me on everything. Taeyeon, Seohyun, Jessica and Yuri, in an hour there will be a change of guards. They will leave their respected post and we have 30 seconds time gap for infiltration. Make every second count and don’t get caught. Remember, avoid any physical fights and stay hidden. We are here for information.”

 

Yuri who have been staying low near a bush with Jessica respond first.

 

“Me and Jessica are still 500 metres away from our target location. I thought we drop out exactly on coordinates?”

 

“Change of plans. You and Jessica have to walk there. We don’t want them to be alert of our Black Hawk presence earlier.”

 

Yuri just nods. Taeyeon on the other side of the forest hangs his M16A around his back.

 

“I guess I’ll be camping here with Seohyun until then.”

 

“Do what you have to do TaeTae, but be careful. I’m shutting down for now for precautious. But I’ll be monitoring you from sat feed. Let’s do this.”

 

 

 

......

 

 

 

 

Yuri walked behind Jessica following the girl. Both of them wore a night vision. It was awakward for Yuri since he wasn’t used to it. He do missions but never in an infiltration team before. So all his missions are more inside a building or in party.

 

“Feeling uncomfortable Lieutenant Kwon?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Jessica keep on walking with her K2 assault rifle in her hands smirking to herself.

 

“You look uncomfortable wearing night visions. I thought you’ve station in France for 6 years.”

 

Yuri gulped. Damn, he knew Hyoyeon shouldn’t have change his profile too much.

 

“I am. You know it’s kind of difference here. That’s why I felt a little uncomfortable.”

 

“Really? A Black Ops member had difficulties? You know Lieutenant Kwon, let be honest here. You’re not who you’re saying you are.”

 

Jessica stops walking and turned around. It was dark but Yuri can feel that she’s looking at him intensely.

 

“The only person who felt uncomfortable with night visions on is someone who, how do I phrase this... An Agent?”

 

Yuri was shocked. Stupid Hyoyeon. How can she not see this happening?

 

“We still have miles to go. Let’s not wasting our time.”

 

Yuri starts walking leaving Jessica behind. Jessica didn’t say anything but followed the guy. Yuri was sweating and he knew how dangerous that was. He should keep quiet from now on. he have no idea what Jessica had in mind but she’s not arguing back and that could be a good sign. Then he heard footsteps coming towards them. Based on the footsteps, he was sure it belongs to 2 person.

 

“Shh.”

 

Yuri halted making Jessica stops on her track.

 

“Guards. 2 of them.”

 

Jessica pat his shoulder twice. Yuri lay low while Jessica  following suits. Once the 2 guards left, they waited for a minute before getting up again. Yuri helped her up on her feet.

 

“That was close. You’re okay?”

 

 “Yeah.”

Yuri leads them again but Jessica was smiling.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

 

Yuri watch as the two agents come towards them. He was ready with his knife while Jessica behind him assesing their situation.

 

“Yul, don’t. They luring us out.”

 

“Really?”

 

Jessica points up. His eyes follows her.

 

“Sniper. He’ll take the shot once we’re on sight.”

 

“Damn it!”

 

Yuri voice was too loud and it attracts the enemy towards them. Jessica knock his head glaring at him. Yuri mentally cursed himself. He rolled out of their hiding and kick the guard on the left at his heck while throwing his knife towards the other one. Jessica keep her eyes on where she suspected a sniper earlier. It was a gmable to take the sniper on her own but she had too or Yuri will get shot. Jessica saw a glimpse of movement and aim her rifle at the enemy sniper. Two shots was heard. Jessica stood up and saw Yuri on the ground.

 

“Yul!”

 

“I’m fine! The bullet just graze my arm. I think you hit him.”

 

Jessica sighed in relief and helped him up. It was true, the bullet did graze his left arm. Jessica then slaps his shoulder earning a groan from Yuri.

 

“Next time, don’t talk too loud.”

 

“What? I can’t control my voice, baby.”

 

Jessica pats his shoulder twice. Yuri was confused.

 

“If I pat twice, it means do not engage. If I don’t pat, we can attack okay?”

 

“OOOOO.. Our own morse code?”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and slaps his shoulder again. Yuri chuckled watching Jessica leaving him behind.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Jessica coming into this mission, she had her own motives. Who knew Kwon Yuri better than her?

 

“Lieutenant Jung, we should get going.”

 

“Okay.”

 

 

.....

 

 

 

“Seo?”

 

Seohyun looks at Taeyeon.

 

“Yes oppa?”

 

“Go get some rest. I’ll be on guard.”

 

“I’m not tired oppa. Plus it’s only for an hour.”

 

Taeyeon chuckles and leans back on the tree while Seohyun sat down.

 

“Get some rest. Tiffany will be mad at me if anything happen to you. Don’t argue.”

 

Seohyun gave up and put down her rifle. She leans back on the tree. Taeyeon felt satisfied and looks around.

 

“I can only see the South gate. I think we have to walk even more until we can see what’s inside.”

 

Seohyun just nods. She was thinking of something else.

 

“Oppa, can I asked you something?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Do you believe in another life?”

 

Taeyeon looks back at Seohyun. her tone sounded serious. So he thought of cracking some jokes.

 

“If that another life have Tiffany, why not.”

 

“Oppa, I’m serious.”

 

“I know Seo and I’m not joking either. Why are you asking this?”

 

“What if I tell you that I think I met someone that came back to life?”

 

Taeyeon eyebrows rasied when Seohyun finished talking. Taeyeon sighed.

 

“Seo, people who have died can’t come back alive. If they do then what the used of death?”

 

Seohyun wants to answer back but she knew Taeyeon was upset with the questions. Death and lies seems to be a sensitive subjects ever since Kwon Yuri appear.

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Jessica and Yuri finally arrived to their original coordinates. She looked around and then back at her watches. 2355 hours. The place isn’t as dark as earlier.

“5 more minutes.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“We should sit down for a while until Tiffany is online again.”

 

Yuri didn’t move but Jessica sat down. She put down her rifle besides her. Jessica took off her black cap and placed it down on her lap. She untied her hair in a very y way leaving Yuri drooling watching her. she saw it and smirks.

 

“Like what you’re seeing lieutenant?”

 

Yuri quickly look away. If she can see it, she would know he’s sweating. Jessica chuckles and stood up in front of him. she circled her arms around his neck. Yuri was shocked but didn’t budge.

 

“You know lieutenant, you remind me of someone I knew.”

 

Yuri once again gulped again. He looked at her.

 

“A-And you remind me that you have a boyfriend back in base.”

 

Jessica wasn’t smiling neither glaring and it worried Yuri so much. Yes he wants her back but not by revealing himself or the truth.

 

“I know who you are. You can lie to everyone else, but not me.”

 

Yuri gently pried away her arms around his neck and distance himself.

 

“W-what?”

 

Jessica was calm but he saw her eyes change. It was more serious.

 

“You might think I knew nothing. But I..”

 

“Jessica? Kwon Yuri?”

 

Yuri mentally thanked Tiffany for interrupting their conversation. Jessica sighed and respond back.

 

“Yeah we’re here.”

 

“Good. Taeyeon and Seo?”

 

“Here unnie.”

 

“Sunny and Soo?”

 

“Yeah, we’re still here.”

 

Tiffany inhale pleased with their answer. Yoong didn’t say a word yet. But he saw from the sat feed earlier how close Jessica and Yuri were. He’s the one that forced the connection back.

 

“Okay, get in place. In 1 minute, they’ll change guards. Remember, avoid any physical attacks.”

 

Taeyeon nods towards Seohyun indicating her to get on his shoulder. Yuri let Jessica climbed his shoulder.

 

“Okay, in 3, 2, 1.”

 

Both Taeyeon and Yuri pushed the girls up towards the concrete wall. They both climbed up and spotted a security camera facing the other way just beside them. Jessica place an EMP behind the camera.

 

“Unnie ready? 1,2,3.”

 

Both Jessica and Seohyun pushed the red button on Seohyun counts. The device was supposed to disrupt any magnetic feed received by the camera thus avoiding any feed to the main system. Taeyeon tossed a mini laptop at Seohyun and within seconds she manage to tap into the security and redirect it back to main base giving Tiffany a full view of the area.

 

“Good job Seo.”

 

Jessica gave a thumbs up at Yuri indicating him that he can climb the wall now. Yuri took a step back and run towards the wall jumping to get a grip. Taeyeon does the same. The 4 of them jumped off the wall and landed on their feet on the other side. Jessica gestured her fingers towards Yuri telling him to hide and so he did.

 

“Fany, we need you now.”

 

Tiffany looks at the sat feed and back at the security camera.

 

“Okay. We’re in. Taeyeon, keep you track on South. Start there. Jessica, take the west. I have a feeling that we might find something there.”

 

“Sica?”

 

Jessica stopped her trance when she heard Yoong’s voice. She forgot Yoong had been watching from start. She glance at Yuri before answering.

 

“Yes?”

 

“I’ll wait for you here.”

 

 

 

......

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun finally reached into one of the warehouse. He told her to follow him. Taeyeon turned the knob and to his surprise, the door opened. He looks back at Seohyun. She was as shocked as her but Taeyeon remain calm. He thought maybe what inside wasn’t so important.

 

“We’re going inside.”

 

Taeyeon carefully got inside with Seohyun following fom behind. Suddenly the door behind them closed. It stunned both of them. Then the light shone above blinding Seohyun and Taeyeon eyes. He pulled his night vision away and doing the same to Seohyun.

 

“Seo, are you okay?”

 

“Yes. I’m fine oppa.”

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun looked up when they heard a clapping soound coming from the walkway on the second floor.

 

“Hyesung?”

 

“Lieutenant Kim and Private Seo. It’s nice to have you joining my party.”

 

 

 

..............

 

 

 

“Lieutenant Kim and Private Seo. It’s nice to have you joining my party.”

 

Tiffany was stunned. She doesn’t have to look at anyone to know that they were as shock as she is.

 

“TaeTae. Get out.”

 

Taeyeon hissed a little but it was audible. Hyesung smile and evil smile.

 

“So, this is all a trap?”

 

“You can think it like that. I don’t mind Kim.”

 

Taeyeon pointed his M16A barrel towards him intent to blow his head. Seohyun back herself towards Taeyeon.

 

“Oppa, we’re surrounded.”

 

Hyesung laughed.

 

“You know Kim, if I were you I keep my weapons down.”

 

“I’ll blow your head now if that is the only thing left to do.”

 

“Oh you should once I killed everyone.”

 

Taeyeon then heard noises coming from his earpiece.

 

“TIFFANY?”

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

“Lieutenant Hwang! Private Im! There’s an attack on our building!”

 

IFI Security alarm triggered. Tiffany looks at Yoong. He nods and looks back at the IFI security camera. Every where people in black coming in shoting everyone in their way. Every entrance was sealed by the people in black. It was chaos.

 

Tiffany took glance at everything around her. Then she heard Taeyeon calling her name.

 

“TIFFANY?”

 

Tiffany cursed. She looks at the sat feed. She saw a numbers of people out of no where heading towards where Yuri and Jessica is while more coming towards Sunny and Sooyoung. But she can’t see Taeyeon and Seohyun inside the building but she recognized the male voice. It was Hyesung.

 

“Lieutenant Hwang! What should we do?!”

 

Tiffany closed her mind away from everything and remain focus. She ignored Yoong voice calling for her. When she opened her eyes, she had made a decision.

 

“Yoong, take every weapon that you can. Everyone, you can leave! Be careful!”

 

“How about you lieutenant?”

 

Tiffany bites her lips.

 

 

“I’ll stay here and finish this mission.”