Saving a comrade - Part 2

REVENGE

Hi. Sorry for the late update. I was busy with work. My schedules are full with deadlines. 

Thank you for all the comments. I'll try to reply when I have some rest time which I have already used today eventhough it's christmas. 

Enjoy this updates.

 

 

"Yuri!"

 

Taeyeon, Sunny, Seohyun and Sooyoubg stopped running when they heard Jessica voice from their ear piece.

 

"Sica?!"

 

Taeyeon called her but she didn't respond. Sunny quickly took her stance and redirect her weapon towards the area where Yuri and Jessica might be.

 

"Yuri's down! Possible sniper!"

 

Sooyoung lay down and looked through his sniper scope trying to detect the sniper position. Taeyeon and Seohyun keep on firing towards the enemy that are still behind them.

 

"Did you see him Soo?" Sunny asked. She's trying to spot the sniper too.

 

"Negative!"

 

"Sooyoung! He's 3 o'clock from west at my postion!"

 

It was Jessica voice. Bith Sunny and Sooyoung aim at the postion mention. There they saw a slight movement. Sooyoung fired the first bullet followed by Sunny. They saw the guy force lightly away unmoved.

 

"We got him!"

 

Taeyeon took a guy that just moved away from a tree. He spoke first.

 

"Scan around for possible another sniper!"

 

They did so. Sunny shook her head telling Taeyeon the area is clean.

 

"Sica?!" Taeyeon was worried about the blonde girl.

 

 

.....

 

 

 

"Sica?!"

 

Jessica heard Taeyeon calling for him. But she's too worried about Yuri. When Sunny told everyone that the area is clean, Jessica scramble towards Yuri.

 

"Yuri!"

 

"Ughh." Yuri groaned in pain. The shot missed him by an inch. The bullet only hit his kevlar.

 

"That sure going to leave a bad bruise."

 

"Are you okay?"

 

Jessica frantically search for possible wounds and to her relief, there were none.

 

"I'm fi..." He got cut when Jessica smashed her lips on his. Yuri was stunned but it wasn't long when he replied back. She still taste the same. Strawberry. A taste that he longed for 3 years. Yuri rest both his hand on her waist when Jessica cupped his face.

 

"Sica?!"

 

Yoong worried voice woke both Yuri and Jessica from each other. Jessica quickly pushed herself up while Yuri quickly took his M16A and followed suit. Both of them are flustered. Jessica cheek turn red.

 

"We're fine Yoong."

 

There was a short silence until Yoong replied again.

 

"We can see you guys now. I'll release the safety rope."

 

"Okay. We're heading there now!"

 

Jessica culdn't even look at Yuri not even when she's still felt shy about the kiss. But Yuri took her hand. She looked up and saw him smiling at her. That one smile Jessica never forgets.

 

"Let's go."

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

"Yuri!"

 

Yoong heard Jessica voice echoed through his ear piece. From the conversation, Yoong was sure that Yuri got hit by a sniper.

 

"Damn it. Yuri got hit!" Yoong didn't pay attention to what Hyoyeon currently saying. He looked around and spotted a binocular. He used it and try his best to determine Jessica whereabouts. When he finally saw them, his heart ache. The pain was unbearable. Jessica and Yuri shared a kiss.

 

'I can't lose her.'

 

"Sica?!"

 

Yoong did what he had to do before it turns into something that he might regret later. He saw Yuri and Jessica let go of each other when he finished calling her name. His fingers tighten on the binocular.

 

"We're fine Yoong."

 

Should he reply to that? They are dating but it seems Yoong had already lose her. So last night meant nothing to her? He was just a subtitute for Yuri? Yoong clenched his fist.

 

'No. You're mine. I won't let him take you away again.'

 

Tiffany notice his silence. Unknown to Yoong, Tiffany had a binocular with her too and he saw what had happen. She felt sympathy towards him. His treambling body was too obvious to her.

 

"Okay. We can see you guys now. I'll release the safety rope." Yoong finally spoke giving Jessica no room of doubt whether she knew he saw him or not.

 

Hyoyeon looked back and sighed. This is what she's afraid of when she and Yuri started this mission 3 years ago. Everything went against all the plan she had.

 

 

....

 

 

 

"Yah Kim Taeyeon! Watch where you shooting at!"

 

Sunny desperately trying to remain calm when a few stray bullets coming at her. Taeyeon ignored her and keep on shooting at the enemy giving protection towards Sooyoung and Sunny taking down the sniper that shot Yuri.

 

"We need to get out of here! Fany!"

 

Taeyeon cried for help. He can't possibly keep the enemy away anymore. They are almost out of bullet. his gun barrel starts to heat up.

 

"Taetae! We can't get near you! Too many enemies! You have to run here!"

 

"What?!"

 

"Just run here Kim Taeyeon!"

 

"Hyoyeon? You're here too?"

 

Seohyun took two behind a bush. Taeyeon clipped in a new barrel.

 

"Sunny! Tell me you're done!"

 

"We're done! Let's go!"

 

Sunny and Sooyoung stood up and starts running followed by Seohyun. Taeyeon is the last leaving their current position. They ran heading towards the black hawk circling in the sky.

 

"Come on!"

 

 

.....

 

 

Jessica and Yuri reach first. Yuri attached his belay after tightening the rope around it. He took Jessica in his arm.

 

"Pull us up!"

 

Yoong felt like shoting him at that instance but Jessica safety is his priority. So he pushed the up button pulling them up. They reached the top in no time. Yoong help Jessica in and let Yuri detached himself on his own.

 

"You're okay?"

 

Jessica flashed him her smile. Yoong hugged her. Jessica reluctant to reply considering Yuri was there and she felt his looking at them but Yoong is her current boyfriend. Now she felt guilty.

 

"We're reaching in 15 seconds!"

 

Taeyeon voice interrupts them. Yoong didn't want to let go but Jessica gently pushed him away. Tiffany moved towards the cockpit door.

 

"Released the rope!"

 

She directed her orders toward Yuri. The tan guy quickly do so while Tiffany watched for them coming towards the chopper.

 

"Jess!"

 

"Yeah?" Jessica moves forward standing next to Tiffany.

 

"Familiar with a M240 machine gun?" Tiffany taps the gun near to the chopper door.

 

"I used it before once."

 

"Get ready to fire. They are coming in hot."

 

Jessica looked at the machine fun and took a deep breath.

 

"Any advice Sunny before I used this M240? You're the weapon expert."

 

"Try not to shot at us!"

 

Hyoyeon chuckles listening to Sunny answer. Jessica clipped the barrel and aim towards incoming enemies. The first bullet released almost pushing Jessica backwards. Huge force pushing back. But the more she fired, she became more familiar with it. Her aims didn't hit any single soldier but they were force to retreat hiding behind trees and bushes.

 

Sooyoung buckled up. Taeyeon pushed Seohyun towards him.

 

"Get her to safety first!"

 

Sooyoung didn't argue and hold onto her.

 

"Pull us up!" Yuri pushed the button once Sooyoun shouts. Taeyeon and Sunny crouched down with the back facing the hepicopter. Once they reached top, Sooyoung and Seohyun climbed in. Yuri tossed back the rope.

 

"Taeyeon! Now!" Sunny did't have to remind him about it. Taeyeon tied his rope into his belay. Once done, Sunny wrapped her arms around him. Jessica keep on firing providing them time to reached the top. Whej the two of thek finally got into the cockpit, Tiffany signals for Hyoyeon to take off. Yoong spotted an enemy just east to them. His eyes widen.

 

"Hyo! Rocket launcher in coming!"

 

"!"

 

Hyoyeon pulled her stick upwards slightly avoiding the incoming rocket. It explode just beside them. The black hawk shook violently. Tiffany lost her balance and almost fall outside but Taeyeon was fast enough. He grab her hand.

 

"Fany!"

 

Tiffany held his hand tightly. Her heart almost stops when she felt out of the chopper. Thank god Taeyeon manage to catched her in time. Yuri give Taeyeon a hand pulling Tiffany inside. Sooyoujg crouched down and aim his rifle at the man responsible. He took him out.

 

"Hyoyeon! Go!"

 

"Hang on tight!"

 

She pulled the chopper up. Seohyun took the seat next to her becoming her co pilot. Hyoyeon used everything she new and fly away leaving the battle site. Once it is safe again, everyoje slumped down. Too exhausted. Hyoyeon let Seohyun take over and turned around facing her team. Jessica sat down near the M240 leans back. Yoong took a seat next to Jessica. Tiffany cuddles in Taeyeon arms. Sunny pat Sooyoung head and smile brightpy at him while Yuri leans baco at the chopper metal wall closing his eyes. Hyoyeon smile.

 

"Good to see you guys."

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Hyesung punched the man in front of him. He was furious. His face looks terribly red as if he would explode right then.

 

“HOW CAN YOU MISS?”

 

The soldier didn’t dare to looked at him but stands otherwise avoiding eye contact with Hyesung.

 

“T-they.. got helped sir.”

 

“Help?”

 

“A black hawk came. W-We really d-did our best.”

 

“Obviously you don’t! They were 6 of them and a squadron of ours!”

 

Hyesung took out his gun and pointed it at the soldier. The man treambles in fear. Hyesung fire his gun. The man falls backward and not moving anymore. He looked around and pointed at another man nearest to him.

 

“You’ll be the new commander. If you fail, this is what would you become. Understand?”

 

 The guy obviously afraid but he nods anyway. No one dare to go against Hyesung. Hyesung put away his gun. He took out his phone and are seen typing something before he focused back at his current situation.

 

“Assemble a new tactical team for me. We’re heading to Jeju.”

 

 

 

......

 

 

 

Hyoyeon looked around. Around inside the house, places are occupied by her team members tending to wounds or just for rest. For safety reason, she decided not to land back at IFI. So instead she took the chopper and land in Jeju. She would inform IFI officials when she was sure of no threat. They used one of her late parents house as a safehouse. Hyoyeon parents are well known in military. Her grandfather was one of the bravest officer that sacrifice himself for the nation. That’s why her family got privelege for his deeds to the country.

 

“You look worried Hyo.”

 

Yuri voice didn’t seems to startled her. Hyoyeon sighed.

 

“Everything didn’t happen as we plan.”

 

“You do know they would wnat the truth sooner or later. What are you going to tell them?”

 

Yuri was right. After everything that happen today, they deserve to know the truth. Especially with Hyesung revelation earlier. The more she hides from them, the more they are in danger.

 

“I’ll them the truth. They deserve that the least. How about you?”

 

Hyoyeon didn’t received any responce so she looked at the tan guy. She saw him looking at Jessica and Yoong sitting on the couch with Jessica tending on Yoong minor injury.

 

“She still have feelings for me.”

 

“Are you deaf or what? I’ve been telling you about it since 3 years ago.”

 

“Yoong loves her. I can’t hurt him. He’s my bestfriend.”

 

Hyoyeon saw his eyes full of sadness. She patted his back gently.

 

“Either way, he will still get hurt. If I were Yoong, I rather hear it now then later.”

 

Hyoyeon walked off leaving Yuri still looking at Jessica and Yoong. He was once in that position before. How much time had flies?

 

 

 

......

 

 

 

“Ow...”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. She deliberately roughly smudge the antiseptic on his wound. Yoong pouted.

 

“Stop acting like a baby, Yoong.”

 

“Can you be more gently Sica? It hurts.”

 

 

Yoong argued back. Jessica looked at him and poke the wound making Yoong cringe in pain again. Jessica just laughed it off.

 

“Yah! You’re mean!”

 

“What? Such a baby.”

 

Yoong keep on pouting at her. Jessica sighed.

 

“Don’t pout like that.”

 

“No.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You want me to stop pouting? Kiss me.”

 

Jessica didn’t say anything but focus on cleaning his wound. Yoong gently held her wrist successfully stopping her. He then placed his fingers under her chin lifting her face up.

 

“You have no idea how worried I was earlier. I literally screaming at Tiffany knowing that I can’t do anything to help you.”

 

Yoong expressing his feelings wasn’t something new to Jessica but with her current situation now, with Yuri around, Jessica felt guilty. Yoong loves her for years, she knew that. It wasn’t hard to figure out the guy but she had always love Yuri even when Yuri wasn’t replying to her love back then.

 

‘I’m his girlfriend now.’

 

Jessica flashed him a smile. A smile that Yoong knew what it meant.

 

“I love you Sica. Don’t forget that.”

 

What can Jessica says? She’s confused with her feelings.

 

“I won’t.”

 

Jessica refocused back on cleaning his wound leaving Yoong watching over her in silence. To be honest, he felt his heart break when Jessica didn’t respond back by saying she loves him. But he won’t give up. He had the advantage now. He’ll used it to keep Jessica with him.

 

‘One day, you’ll give me your heart. One day, you’ll be mine.’

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon helped Tiffany in the kitchen. Since the two of them wasn’t injured, they agreed to cook something for everyone before they decided on the right time going back to IFI. Tiffany watched over Taeyeon from behind when he place the fish into the frying pan.

 

“How come when you put it, it look less scary?”

 

Taeyeon can’t helped but chuckled. Tiffany once declare cooking as an arch enemy when they still dating back then. But when she’s marrying him, Tiffany revoked and made a new promise. She’ll try her best to cook. Just for Taeyeon.

 

“Baby, I told you it’s not scary.”

 

Taeyeon laughed even more when Tiffany pouts and pointed at the pan.

 

“See? I can get injured facing that hot oil.”

 

Taeyeon turned around and gently wrapped his arm around her waist. He peck her lips and smile.

 

“How come my wife can face dozens of enemy but scared of hot oil?”

 

“Enemy don’t burn TaeTae.”

 

“They would if they had flamethrower with them.”

 

Tiffany slaps his shoulder and pouts even more. Taeyeon can’t help but pecks her lips again.

 

“You’re cute Fany. Marrying you is a bless.”

 

Just like that, Tiffany face turns in red. She hides her face on his neck nestling deeper. Taeyeon smile and kissed the side of her head.

 

“I love you Miyoung.”

 

“YAH!”

 

Tiffany sudden outburst made Taeyeon laughed again. He knew how she hated being called with that name. She slaps his arm.

 

“Okay. I won’t called you by that name again.”

 

“You better or else Kim.”

 

He saw her expression turns dark but Taeyeon had something else in mind. When Tiffany lean on his shoulder again, Taeyeon smirks.

 

“Or else what Miyoung?”

 

“YAH KIM TAEYEON!”

 

 

......

 

 

 

Everyone seated around the table taking in the food that Tiffany and Taeyeon had prepared. Despite just hours ago they almost got killed, a nice food can always lift a person mood. Sooyoung was seen to be more hungry that usual. He even took half from Sunny’s plate but the girl didn’t mind.

 

“You’re cooking is the best Lieutenant Kim!”

 

Sunny chuckles listeing to Sooyoung praising Taeyeon.

 

“I cooked it too Sooyoung!”

 

“Oh, thanks to Lieutenant Hwang.”

 

Sooyoung disinterest almost send him to hell by Tiffany if it wasn’t for Taeyeon holding her back. Everyone knew about Tiffany zero ablilities on cooking. So they would always for it.

 

“I’m not cooking anything for you anymore Soo!”

 

Sooyoung eyes widen. He put down his chosticks and stood up. He bow 90 degress towards Tiffany.

“I’m sorry Tiffany! Please don’t take my pleasure away!”

 

Everyone erupts in laughter. Sooyoung would do anything for food. This was one of his method. Tiffany playfully glare at him but soon smile. Sooyoung looks up and sighed in relief. He continue eating ignoring the others funny remarks at him.

 

Jesssica is seen feeding Yoong with Yuri sitting just in front of them. Yoong place his right arm behind Jessica. He can’t eat on his own since his left arm is still injured plus who would say no when Jessica offers to feed him? Yuri gritted his teeth. How he wish he can shove his spoon inside Yoong’s mouth. So he did something else.

 

“Ouch!”

 

Yuri kicked Yoong shin with his foot making him groan in pain. Hyoyeon who’s sitting beside Yuri rolled her eyes. That was childish from Yuri. Yoong look at Yuri.

 

“Did you just kick me?”

 

“I’m not.” Yuri answered it innocently. Yoong almost stood up but he got interrupted by Hyoyeon.

 

“Sorry Yoong. That was me. I saw cockroach earlier. Sorry.”

 

“BUG?”

 

Tiffany screams. That how their peaceful early breakfast turn chaotic. Thanks to a jealous Yuri and to obvilious Jessica. The only person that is still eating in between chaos is Sooyoung. He care for food even more.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Everyone gathered around. They didn’t asked or questions anything since their arrival but Hyoyeon knew more. They are giving Hyoyeon some time to sort her mind before talling them anything. Sunny looked at Hyoyeon.

 

“Captain Kim. With all respect, I think we all have been waiting since earlier for you to explain.”

 

Hyoyeon sighed. She knew. Yuri knew too but what kind of truth that they can take? The black box? Yuri death?

 

“Hyo, we almost die earlier. Hyesung talked to us about a Black Box. Seohyun even confirms it earlier. He tried to kill us all. I think we all deserve to know the truth.”

 

“Unni, what does Kim Min Jong have anything to do with us?”

 

Seohyun questions are something that triggered Hyoyeon back to 3 years ago. If she could, she would have stop Yuri and Yoong from participated in that mission. She stood up and look at everyone. From Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yuri, Seohyun, Sunny, Sooyoung, Yoong and Jessica.

 

“I guess this is it.”

 

Hyoyeon walks to one of her family cabinets. She unlocked a drawer and took out a brown file. She walks back to the dining table and put it down. Hyoyeon open it and took a photo out if. A picture of Kim Min Jong.

 

“Kim Min Jong. IFI Founder and South Korea weapon expert. He invented almost every weapon that was used back then in the Korean War. Our military senses that we are going to lose the war so they instructed him to create a weapon that was just enough to kill everyone. A massive weapon. But the war stopped after a ceasefire. So Kim Min Jong decided to destroy the super weapon.”

 

“But he didn’t. Hyesung said so.” Seohyun was literally continuing Hyoyeon words. Hyoyeon nods.

 

“True. Before he could destroy it, he was killed. The killer have never been captured. Thus leaving the Black box as we named it, still exist and in Hyesung hand.”

 

“So did he use it?” Sooyoung was curious of Hyoyeon answer. If Hyesung already have it, why not used it?

 

“Kim Min Jong knew if he fail to destroy it, the weapon might go to the wrong hands. So he made 7 keys representing 7 continents of the world.”

 

Hyoyeon placed another 2 pictures showing the black box and it keys. Jessica interrupts her.

 

“He found all 7?”

 

“No, he did not. He only found 6. He have no idea where the last key is.” It was Yuri who answered back.

 

“Where is the last key?” Hyoyeon tunred towards Yoong.

 

“Here, in South Korea.”

 

There were silence. Everyone seems in their own world thinking hard. Then Tiffany rosed up.

 

“And how did you know all this? There’s no mission reports indicating any of these activities. There’s no intel whatsoever. There’s nothing. I read every single reports. You can’t know something that you have never started.”

 

 Hyoyeon keep her silence. How can she starts this tragic story? Old wound would open up again. Slowly Yuri stood up.

 

“It doesn’t have to be reported if it was done by a dead man.”

 

“What?” Yuri heard Jessica voice but he wasn’t ready to look at her so he keep his eyes on Tiffany.

 

“4 years ago on my mission, I found something. I found 1 of the element keys. The key that Hyesung have been dying to have. When I came back, I started searching and reported it back to Hyoyeon. Then when we found out about the black box. IFI superior officer put Hyoyeon and me in charge of stopping Hyesung unknowing to Yoong, until a year later. On my last mission, I didn’t predict that Hyesung would explode the whole building. I was badly injured. But someone else took me out of the site and treated me. I was saved by Kim Soh Eun. A descendant of Kim Min Jong. She told me everything that me and Hyoyeon have been searching for. That was when we had order from IFI that I must remain dead.”

 

Betrayal? Regret? What was it? Yuri saw a mixed emotiong coming from everyone eyes except Hyoyeon. He wasn’t sure what kind of truth that he should tell. The truth that he and Hyoyeon have been guilty for. Yuri slowly trun his gaze towards one girl that he had been avoiding since earlier. He saw pain. He fail again, didn’t he?

 

Taeyeon landed a punch at Yuri. The tan guy falls on the floor. Hyoyeon try to interfere but she was as guilty as Yuri.

 

"Taeyeon! Stop!" Hyoyeon pleads did nothing to calm his rage. Yoong moved from his position and held Hyoyeon back. Taeyeon was ready to beat him up. Taeyeon pulled Yuri up and punched again. It was twice harder than the first one. Sunny want to help but Sooyoung blocked her path and shook his head.

 

Jessica and Tiffany ere too shocked. Jessica can’t even process anything anymore. She was right since the beginning. She was right when he saw Yuri. But now knowing the truth, does she ready accepting it? He left her in pain and in vain for 3 years knowing that she could never have him back. Those sleepless night. All the tears.

 

“STOP!”

 

Seohyun voice echoed inside the mansion. They stop. Seohyun wipe away her tears and walked towards a television. She plug a cable on it connecting the television with her phone.

 

“W-We have a b-bigger concern.”

 

The black screen change into a news. IFI director, Lee Kwang Soo giving a press conference about the attacks on IFI earlier. A reporter asked him a question.

 

“Sir, an attack on IFI alarmed the citizens about our nation lack of security. IFI should be un penetrable. How could this happen?”

 

“It was devastating to know that we were attack heads on earlier. It shouldn’t be a problem for us to handle but it is seems to be otherwise.”

 

“What do you mean Sir? Is it an inside job?”

 

Lee Kwang Soo nods. That gesture earn gasped among the reporters.

 

“Do you have the culprit?”

 

“Yes we do.”

 

“Can you reveal it?”

 

“As was ordered from the ministry of defence, yes, I will reveal the culprit behind today attack. 1st Lieutenant Kim Taeyeon, Lieutenant Jung Jessica, Lieutenant Hwang Tiffany, Lieutenant Kwon Yuri, Sergeant Lee Sunny, Private Choi Sooyoung, Private Im Yoong, Private Seo Ju Hyun and their leader, Captain Kim Hyoyeon. They will be hunt down and bring to custody DEAD OR ALIVE.”

 

Seohyun switch off the television.

 

“We are a wanted fugutive.”

 

Everybody slumped back on the chair or leans on the wall. Yoong looked up and felt his heart sting in pain. suddenly there's a buzz coming from his phone. He took it out and read it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My part is done. Do yours.