war against time

REVENGE

Another update! I wrote this update while listening to this.. haha...

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptdtFplAX-0

 

 

 

“Sir, the meeting is about to start.”

“I know.”

Hyesung didn’t even bother to ace his assistant. He was more concern on the event that need his attendance. He stood up and straighten his jacket before walking towards the centre of his room.

“Let start.”

“Commencing satellite. Enhance image.”

His assistant nods towards him. He slide his hand into his pant and wait for the hologram to finalize it shape. 5 people came in view circling him seating on chair with eyes on him.

“Mr Lee.”

One of the holograms greeted him. Hyesung didn’t answer back but focus on that person.

“You look rather calm Mr Lee.”

“Why wouldn’t I, director?”

The said guy just smirking at him making Hyesung feeling rather annoyed. He never favours of meeting this 5 people.

“It has been 5 months since we last heard from you.”

“I was busy.”

One of the guests chuckled.

“Busy Mr Lee? I heard you lost one of the element keys?”

“I did not. I know where it is. I’ll get it back.”

“Really Mr Lee?”

“You have my words Director Kang.”

A women next to Director Kang sighed. Hyesung doesn’t like her response.

“Is there something you would like to say Director Han?”

Hyesung eyed the female director.

“3 and half years Mr Lee. When can we get the result?”

“I’m working on it. I need more time.”

“Time is what we had given you. Our patience is running low.”

Hyesung bite his lips but stood there unmoved by his intimidation.

“Hyoyeon somehow managed to get in between.”

“Captain Kim? Is the task of containing Captain Kim seems to be hard for you Mr Lee considering that I already issued a death sentences for her and her group of friends?? They are a wanted fugitive Mr Lee. You had an upper hand now but it seems you’re struggling.”

Hyesung face twitch in anger. No one insult him of his method of handling things.

“Are you questioning my method of handling things Director?”

The said guy just smile. It made Hyesung even more annoyed.

“I’m questioning your ability on finishing a simple task. I think it’s time to let someone else handle this matter. Would all of you agree with me?”

“NO!”

Hyesung voice echoed inside the glass room. All 5 directors focused on him. Hyesung looked at them.

“I had them in my palms. I WILL FINISH THE TASK.”

Hyesung was determined on convincing the directors.

“You are blinded by your revenge on them Mr Lee. Your vengeance clouding your judgement.”

“I AM NOT! I WILL FINISH WHAT I STARTED.”

All 5 directors for the first time saw a different side of Hyesung. One that they were afraid of coming.

“Fine Mr Lee. Time is what will give. In return, do not fail us. Understand?”

Hyesung slowly bowed and when he looked up again, the hologram had already ended. His assistant came back inside.

“Sir?”

“Sent Taecyeon in. I have a task for him.”

 

 

…..

 

 

Yuri sat next to Seohyun bed and watch the girl sleeping peacefully. She had been unconscious for two days already. He knew sooner or later Seohyun will wake up and he was sure that Yoong would already left by then so they all got together last night trying to come up with a plan on catching Yoong before he fled away.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

“Where’s Yoong?”

“He’s at the training ground with Eun Soh and a couple of her men.”

“Good.”

Tiffany nods. Hyoyeon is seating next to her while Taeyeon is standing near to the door with his back on the wall. Jessica sat on the computer chair with Yuri standing not too far from her. Hyoyeon looked at them one by one.

“I think you know why we’re here. It’s about Yoong. I think he somehow is planning something behind us thus the attack on Seohyun proves it.”

“That doesn’t prove anything Hyo. What if he’s telling the truth?”

Hyoyeon sighed. Jessica reaction disappoint her.

“Sica, you’re the only one who said so. You saw it back in that room. Everything goes against him.”

“I-I trust him.”

Yuri heart fell when she said that. The way Jessica defending Yoong made him uneasy. Tiffany cut in.

“Jess, Hyoyeon is right. We can’t trust Yoong anymore.”

“No. He won’t betray me. I had been thinking about this last night. No matter what his reason si, he won’t betray me. He won’t.”

Taeyeon sighed. Stubborn Jessica is a stubborn Jessica.

“You do know when Seohyun wake up, we will know who attack her…”

“So let’s wait until Seohyun wakes up.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. Jessica doesn’t make any sense now. Yuri didn’t dare to say anything. He was lost in his own questions.

“I know I sounded selfish but what if Yoong is innocent? What would he felt if he knew we are ganging up against him?”

“Sica…”

“Please Taeyeon. I trust him. He won’t betray me.”

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Yuri chest tightened. The way Jessica defended Yoong hurt him. He can’t help but feel miserable.

“Yul?”

He looked up and saw Sunny already sitting next to him. She was staring at him. Slowly he saw her hands cupped his face and wipe the tears that he didn’t notice fall from his eyes.

“Why are you crying?”

Yuri quickly looked away and wipe his tears with his sleeve.

“Nothing. I’m just worried about Seohyun.”

“Really?”

Yuri didn’t answer so Sunny gently make him face her again. She smile at him.

“You know, you are a bad liar.”

Yuri can’t help but smile when Sunny mention about it. He was indeed bad at lying.

“But ironic isn’t it how you ended up as field agent.”

Yuri just laughed at Sunny random thought. She playfully punch his shoulder.

“Why are you here anyway Yul?”

“What? I can’t take care of my friends?”

“No but I thought you might want to spent more time with Jessica. You know try to fill in what you miss in those 3 years.”

Yuri solemn face show up again.

“I….I don’t know..”

“You don’t know?”

“Nothing.”

Yuri shrugged it off by smiling and gently pulled up Seohyun blanket even higher. Sunny knew he’s trying to avoid her question so she didn’t press on it.

“I hope Seohyun wakes up sooner. It’s hard watching her lie down like this without all her tech stuffs.”

“Yeah, me too.”

“Yul?”

“Yeah?”

“How it felt like living away from Jessica?”

“Sunny…”

Yuri pulled her into his arm. How many times has he seen her like this? A total mess.

“I just want to know..I have to know…”

Sunny mumbles on his shoulder but it was loud enough for him to hear.

“Things will get better. One can never be sad forever.”

 

 

…..

 

 

Yoong watched as Jessica sat alone just gazing into the scenery. He missed her so much but he can’t do anything about it. Later on, she would hate him when she knew the truth.

“I just want you to know that I did all of it for you, Sica.”

It came out as whisper. He couldn’t be brave enough. Telling her would be a hard task. Yoong pulled out his phone.

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

…..

 

 

He came running in speed. His mission was to get out of the island alive. That what he’s hope for. Running in a zig zag pattern, he succeeded in avoiding any traveling bullet at him.

“Damn it. They are way too fast.”

He stealthy avoid trees and branches and avoid cliffs. He can hear footsteps following from behind. He looked at his watch. 5 more minutes.

“Come on come on!”

The said guy then slide down from the hill and onto the river before diving in. Enemies behind stop and start shooting at the water hoping that they got him. But after a while, they realised that he was nowhere to be seen. He fled.

 

 

…..

 

 

I got it.

 

 

That was the message Yoong got when he took out his phone. He typed back.

 

 

Thank you. I’ll see you soon.

 

Yoong sent the test message. He then dial up a number.

“So?”

“They knew about me already. I think it’s time.”

“Good. I’m sending Taecyeon team.”

Yoong almost hissed. He doesn’t like Taecyeon or his team. They were brutal. They had a reputation of being cruel to their enemy.

“Is it necessary to send him?”

“Don’t go soft now Im. Directors want this matter to end. I hope you’re not going to bail on us.”

Yoong was silence for a few seconds. He took a deep breath.

“Sent them.”

He ended the call. He type a new message.

 

 

I need you. They’re coming in. I can’t do this by myself.

 

 

Yoong waited for a few moment when his phone display lighten incoming message.

 

 

 

I’ll be there. I’ll provide long range advantage for you. Don’t disappoint me.

 

 

He sighed and placed his phone back in his jeans pocket. Yoong looked around. He spotted Tiffany and Teayeon already took place where Jessica at.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“We finally graduated!”

Yoong was screaming his heart out as soon as the IFI graduation ceremony ended. He jumped in joy and his friends were literally following his action. Jessica could only laughed at his antics.

“Sica! Join me!”

Yoong pulled Jessica along with him and jumped. She felt how childish they look like now. Yoong didn’t care. IFI training were hard. Not everyone can graduate. Only if you are tough mentally and physically, you can finally graduate.

“Yoong! I’m dizzy!”

He finally let her go. Both of them laughed as if no one else were there.

“Congratulation Sica!”

“You too!”

“Why are we screaming?!”

“I don’t know! Should we stop?!”

They laughed even more. When they finally stop, Yoong pulled her in for a hug. He didn’t get to hug her earlier because she had to give out speech since she was the best cadet for this year recruit that will entitle her a Lieutenant rank.

“We did it.”

“I know. Yoong?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you for always being there for me.”

“Anything for you Sica. Anything.”

 

…..

 

 

“Yoong!”

Yoong turned around and saw Jessica running to him. She pounce on him. Yoong steadied himself and held onto her.

“Why are you so happy?”

He finally put Jessica down on the ground. She had this wide smile on her face.

“He confess!”

“W-What?”

“Yuri! He finally confess and I accept him!”

Yoong felt his heart stop beating. He knew about Jessica feelings towards Yuri but he never knew about Yuri’s. He was never worried about losing Jessica because Yuri never told him about anything regarding Jessica. He didn’t know how to respond. What about his feelings?

“Yoong?”

Yoong finally focus back on Jessica. He force a smile.

“He confess? Really? Wow!”

“I know! Finally! I just can’t wait to tell you so I ran here.”

“Congratulation!”

Yoong pulled her in for a hug. One that he knew too well; a bestfriend hug.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Yoong still remembers the day when Yuri confess. That day, Jessica was never his. He lost her when Yuri came. It was one of the memory he try so hard to forget but it never left his mind. The bitter truth.

“Anything for you Sica. Anything.”

 

 

……

 

 

Taeyeon knew Yoong was watching them for far. Ever since Seohyun incident, Taeyeon had been watching Yoong carefully. He’s worried of s’ safety. But in respect to Jessica request, they had agree not to do anything yet and wait for Seohyun to wake up. Then he heard Tiffany speaks up.

“Really Jess?”

“Yeah. I’m just glad Yuri is back. I’m starting to forgive him. You were right. My hatred for that 3 years are nothing compare to my longing for him.”

“See? I told you. No one deserve to be sad forever.”

Jessica just smile. But then her smile soon faded.

“But I feel sorry for Sunny.”

Taeyeon leans back on one of the column.

“Me too Sica. But what can we do?”

“I know how it felt Taenggo. I’ve been in her place before.”

“Yeah we all remember Sica. Tiffany had to stay in your apartment for a year just to make sure that you didn’t do anything crazy.”

Tiffany place her head on Jessica shoulder.

“I would go crazy if I were you or Sunny.”

Jessica gently pats Tiffany head.

“No you won’t. ert people can’t die Fany.”

“Yah!”

Tiffany chuckle when Taeyeon shouts at Jessica.

“What? It is the truth. Don’t they call you Byuntaeng?”

“Fany…”

Taeyeon whine amused Jessica even more. Tiffany finally stop laughing.

“Jess, stop teasing him. He can go hours whining you know.”

“Really? You’re such a kid Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon pouts cutely and it made Jessica cringe in disgust. Tiffany let the two joke around when her eyes caught on something from far away.

“Is that a chopper?”

Taeyeon and Jessica looked at where Tiffany currently pointing.

“It’s heading here. We have visitors?”

“I don’t think so…”

Suddenly a loud bang was heard. Jessica eyes widen when she saw what it was.

“Rocket launcher!”

Taeyeon and Tiffany quickly jumped out with Jessica following from behind. The missile hit their gazebo and exploded sending the three of them flying a few feet away. Jessica grunts in pain. She looked up and saw some people dress in commando attire sliding down from the chopper. She saw the chopper had IFI logo on it.

“No way.”

She saw Tiffany still on ground while Taeyeon already next to her. She pulled her gun out and pushed herself up. The team that came was just 50 metres away.

“Sica! Are you okay?!”

She heard Taeyeon screaming her name but her focus were more on the team that just blow them up. That explosion might have woken up everyone.

“I am Captain Ok Taecyeon from Internal Force Investigator Bureau! Surrender yourself and come out with hands in the air! In 5 seconds, my team will raid this entire island and bring you all out dead or alive!”

Jessica knew that name. He was one of the KIA tactical team. Why is he in IFI now?

“Jessica! Take cover!”

Taeyeon voice woke her up and she saw another rocket was launch towards her. It came too fast.

“Jessica!”