Come Clean

REVENGE

I'm back with an update! It's world cup. I'm cheering up for Japan since I'm an Asian myself. hahaha.. So what team do you guys support? 

 

 

Tiffany fired on her right hitting quite a number of soldier but she knew it won’t hold much longer. Tranquiller bullet won’t do a thing to the kevlar that the enemy wore at the moment. It can only stop them for a while.

 

“Jess! We need to get out of here!”

 

“I’m thinking!”

 

Jessica fired towards the stairs. A few of them got hit but it was futile. They can’t hold the floor much longer.

 

“Hyun!”

 

Seohyun stop firing and look at Jessica.

 

“Can you take over their security camera?”

 

Tiffany eyed her sister but Jessica ignored her stare.

 

“What for unnie?”

 

“We need to broadcast this. If you can hack into their security and take over their camera, we can use it to broadcast. Let the world know what happen right now.”

 

“You’re such a genius Jess!”

 

Tiffany squeal in happiness. Jessica rolled her eyes and shot a man right at his forehead.

 

“Can you do it Hyun?”

 

“I- I can try. But I need time!”

 

Tiffany who hasn’t stop shooting answer.

 

“Just do it Hyun! We’ll get you time!”

 

Seohyun open her backpack and took out her laptop. Jessica saw her.

 

“You had your laptop with you? Why did you use smartphone earlier?”

 

“I thought using smartphone felt like a real spy in mission. Sorry unnie.”

 

Jessica mentally cursed her. Tiffany could only smile at her sister.

 

“Let her Jess. It’s sounded cool too.”

 

Jessica groaned at the two partners and focus on firing. She made sure she used her bullets in an effective way. She only fired when they made a noise or peeking. Same as Tiffany.

 

“Unnie I’m in!”

 

“Okay. Let the world see this Hyun.”

 

A loud explosion was heard. The three of them look at each other.

 

“The guys!”

 

 

…..

 

 

Yoong saw smoke coming out from Trade Tower. He took his binocular and saw the Trade Tower west wing in fire. He can’t go down now. Hyesung had his man all over the area.

 

“Come on Soo.”

 

 

……

 

 

Sooyoung shot a guy on his chest while Sunny followed from behind and fire at the one on the staircase.

 

“Where are they Sunny?!”

 

“Headquarters! Upstairs!”

 

Both of them turned around the corner but Sooyoung got thrown back when someone kick him right on his chest. Sunny shield her chest using her arms when another person send a back kick at her.

 

“Still have that touch huh Sunny?”

 

“Sungmin Oppa?”

 

“I had an order to bring you in Sunny. Surrender now.”

 

“Not a chance.”

 

Sunny flung his right arm towards him. He was ready for her and used his left to deflect her. She used her knee and shove it upwards but Sungmin predicted already. He used his palm and force her knee away. He grabs her arm and throw her on the floor. Sunny groan in pains.

 

“I told you to practice hand combat more.”

 

Sungmin kick her side making Sunny in more pain. But it was not long before he got a kick by his back by Sooyoung. He was force away from Sunny. Sooyoung help her up.

 

“You’re okay?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Sunngmin stood up and face the two of them.

 

“Choi. Not a surprise. You think you can take me?”

 

Sooyoung bit his lips. Sungmin is known as one of Alpha team best hand combat fighter. He and Sunny might be the Elite, but they were in for their own ability and hand combat wasn’t one of it.

 

“Let start.”

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Yuri shove the guy towards the wall. He fall on the floor. He look to his left and saw Taeyeon twist a guy arm and elbow his face.  He let his arm go when he felt his not fighting back.

 

“What now?!”

 

Hyoyeon shouted at the two and fire at the man in front of him. He fall unconscious.

 

“We have to get out!”

 

“Where?! All exits are probably sealed!”

 

“I don’t know! We have to go to the girls!”

 

Hyoyeon pinned one guy towards the wall and knee his stomach. She then gave around kick at his face. Yuri tackle a guy who came and running towards Hyoyeon. He twist his head completely killing him. He doesn’t care anymore. At this rate, he just want to get out safely. Taeyeon got punched but he shielded himself and kick his opponent targeting his knee cap. He then used his tranq gun firing at him twice. He’s breathing heavily. They have been fighting more than 20 people at this moment. Sweats are clearly seen on their forehead.

 

“This is going nowhere! We can’t hold this floor any longer!”

 

Yuri threw a guy towards the floor before giving a hard kick on his head successfully stopping him. They themselves shared a few bruises and cuts. It’s hard fending off people that is so ready to kill you in anytime.

 

“What the…”

 

Hyoyeon saw an enemy hiding behind one of the fire staircase door holding onto a grenade.

 

“Duck down! Grenade incoming!”

 

“WHAT? ARE THEY CRAZY?”

 

Taeyeon eyes widen. They have got to be kidding. Who is on their right mind to throw grenades inside a building?

 

“Just duck Taeyeon!”

 

Yuri and Taeyeon dodge in time when the grenade came towards them. Hyoyeon was waiting for it. She has been counting.

 

“1001, 1002, 1003.”

 

When the grenade reach them, she jumped and bicycle kick it towards the opposite staircase. She fell on the floor and the grenade flying towards her target explode on mid-air. Debris, smokes and scream were heard. She got her own when the force of explosion sent her towards the wall. Hyoyeon gritted in pain. Taeyeon and Yuri got thrown too but they were better than Hyoyeon. Yuri pushed himself up and search for Hyoyeon.

 

“HYO!”

 

He saw her lying on the ground holding onto her left leg. He sprint towards her.

 

“Hey! You’re okay?!”

 

“I-I think I-I broke my left leg.”

 

Taeyeon came out from some pile of debris and fired on the now scattered enemy. The explosion hurt a lot of them and scared the others. So he took his chance and fire while Yuri attend to Hyoyeon.

 

“Here.”

 

Yuri sling her right arm onto his shoulder. He helped her up.

 

“It’s okay. I can walk.”

 

“With what Hyo? You’re barely standing.”

 

The explosion seems to hurt her even more. She won’t deny that.

 

“Guys come on! We need to get out of here!”

 

Taeyeon shot even more making it easier for them. But his eyes caught another grenade thrown.

 

“The hell is this?!”

 

He threw himself towards Yuri and Hyoyeon pulling them away when the grenade exploded. Again the force threw them away. Taeyeon felt the floor crack below them. He hit the wall quite hard and couldn’t see where Yuri and Hyoyeon were. He felt blood coming from the back of his head.

 

“Damn it.”

 

“Put your hands up Lieutenant.”

 

Taeyeon look up and saw three guys pointing their rifle at him. Behind them a group of men restrain Yuri on the floor and held Hyoyeon.

 

“.”

……

 

 

 

 

Jessica shove the guy towards Tiffany and her sister kneed him on his stomach. She then grab his head and smash it towards the wall.

 

“Unnie, we have to go! I hacked in their security system! I open up all exit!”

 

“Good job Hyun!”

 

Tiffany fired another round towards the end of hallway successfully stopping their enemy from coming in. Jessica leads their way with Seohyun and Tiffany following from behind.

 

“Here!”

 

She pushed open the emergency staircase door and let Tiffany and Seohyun get in while she took over Tiffany job distracting the enemy.

 

“Jess, come on!”

 

She quickly got in and Tiffany place a metal pole she got from the server room in between the door handle.

 

“It’ll buy us some time.”

 

Jessica leads them again downstairs but keeping her eyes open for anything every time they reach on every level.

 

“2 more floors! Come on!”

 

They finally reach the lower ground. Jessica pushed the door open but it won’t budge. She kick it a few times.

 

“Damn it! I thought we had every door open!”

 

“Let me!”

 

Tiffany fire on the glass door before kicking it smashing the glass door.

 

“Why didn’t I think of that?”

 

Tiffany just smile at Jessica. She got out with Jessica and Seohyun trailing behind her. Once outside. Tiffany look up.

 

“Oh no. Choppers.”

 

The three of them look around and saw they had been surrounded by IFI members. Tiffany saw more than 10 red lasers at various part of her body. It is the same to Seohyun and Jessica. They have been cornered.

 

“Lieutenant Jung, Lieutenant Hwang and Private Seo! Surrender now or we will open fire!”

 

“What now?”

 

Tiffany had no answer to Jessica question. She look around her and spotted a petrol tanker parked nearby.

 

“How fast can you draw your gun?”

 

Jessica eyed her. Tiffany nods her head.

 

“2 seconds.”

 

“That should be enough. Jess, whatever happen after this I want you to keep on running. Save Hyun and yourself.”

 

“What are you trying to do Stephanie Hwang-Jung?”

 

“The right thing.”

 

Tiffany quickly pulled out semi-automatic gun and fired towards the petrol tanker. Jessica pulled out her gun and randomly firing towards the whole squadron in front of her. Tiffany third bullet hit the right target. The petrol tanker explode. Tiffany duck down and Jessica pulled Seohyun down on the asphalt along with her. She couldn’t even open her eyes when the tanker exploded.

 

“Fany?”

 

Jessica open her eyes and saw Tiffany on the floor not moving.

 

“FANY!”

 

She pushed herself up and saw Tiffany head bleeds. She pulled her in her arms holding onto her.

 

“U-Unnie..”

 

Jessica tears are wetting her cheek already. She held a tight grip onto Tiffany.

 

“No, you can’t die on me! Fany!”

 

“Unnie….”

 

Jessica saw Seohyun kneeling in front of her. She looked towards the squadron of IFI tactical team. They look distracted and disoriented.

 

“Hyun! Listen to me! Save yourself! Run! Now!”

 

“But but…I-I can’t leave you…I can’t!”

 

Jessica pushed her slightly away and looked directly into her eyes.

 

“GO! SAVE YOURSELF!”

 

Seohyun looked at Jessica and then back at Tiffany. She tighten her fist.

 

“GO!”

 

“I-I’ll come back and I’ll save you unnie. I promise.”

 

“GO SEOHYUN!”

 

Jessica barked one last time. Seohyun stood up and run the opposite way into the dark alley. Jessica watched as her figure disappear. She still held tight onto Tiffany limp body.

 

“We save her Fany just like I promise.”

 

She connect their forehead and close her eyes when she felt people surrounding them pointing their weapon at her.

 

“Don’t leave me Fany. Don’t leave me like mom and dad did.”

 

 

……

 

 

 

 

 

Yoong drove as fast as he could. When he saw explosion from MediaCorp, he felt uneasy. Something is not right at all. Just in a few hours, Seoul centre city became a mess. Fire can be seen from both building. The chaos mad eit easier for him to sneak into the city. He tried contacting Sooyoung but he couldn’t go through. He can hope nothing had happen to them.

 

“Please be safe.”

 

He was about to take another left turn when his eyes caught onto a girl limping herself away from the street into the subway. With fire announcement, all public transportation were forced to stop.

 

“Hyun?”

 

Yoong stop her car and chase after the girl. He had his jacket collar up and cap along with sunglasses. He got down to the subway. No one here since everyone vacant the area. There she saw the girl lying on the floor. Young run towards her and knelt down scooping her in his arm.

 

“H-Hyun? Hey…wake up..”

 

Seohyun had a lot of bruises and cuts. He looked around and saw no one else. Where are the others?

 

“I’m sorry Hyun. I’m sorry.”

 

Yoong scope her up and carried her in his arm. Slowly he made his way up and towards his car. He doesn’t care if anyone is watching anymore. He place her inside his car and drove away leaving the chaos city.

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Seohyun slowly open her eyes. She blink in a few times. Once she regain her sight, she try to guess her where about but fail to do so. Her head felt heavy. She hissed in pain.

 

“Hey, slowly. You’re still injured.”

 

Seohyun eyes widen when she heard that voice. She ignored her headache and pain on her body and pushed herself up. Yoong saw it and try making her lie down again but Seohyun shove him away.

 

“YOU.”

 

“Hyun, relax. You’re safe.”

 

Seohyun try to stand up and distance herself from him. He saw her eyes b with tears threatening to fall any second. So Yoong take a step backward giving the girl some space. Seohyun kept her eyes on him while holding onto the wall.

 

“I’LL KILL YOU!”

 

“You don’t want to do that. Let me explain Hyun.”

 

“EXPLAIN WHAT? THAT YOU SET US UP?!”

 

Yoong saw hatred in her eyes and he didn’t blame her. It was all his fault. If he ever came clean to the team, this would not had happen.

 

“Listen to me Hyun. I didn’t want any of this.”

 

“Really? Because the last time I check, you betrayed us!”

 

“I didn’t betrayed you! If I want to kill you I would have done it back in Eun Soh headquarter! Does that make sense?!”

 

Seohyun didn’t answer but keep her eyes on him. Yoong pulled out his gun and gave it to Seohyun.

 

“Hyun, you had always been the rational one. Let me explain first. Then if you still think that I did something wrong, you can kill me as you wish.”

 

Seohyun took the gun. Yoong take a deep breath.

 

“3 years ago, I saw Yuri exploded in that building. I blame myself for his death. I couldn’t take it so I start my own investigation. 3 months into it, I got nothing until Hyoyeon sent me to a mission in Germany. There, I was caught by Hyesung. He offered me.”

 

Yoong slowly throw a file on the bed where Seohyun can reach. Seohyun take it and open the file. Yoong continue.

 

“Im Seulong. When I was 10, my brother was sent to Russia leading a team of tactical member into one of the biggest drug area. It was supposed to be a simple mission. But someone sold them out. He was the only survivor. He was humiliated and discharge from KIA. Just as in the news, he hang himself 8 years ago. Hyesung offered me to clean his name if I cooperate be a double agent.”

 

Yoong take a deep breath.

 

“I agree to him. At first I was really helping him but sooner I realize he’s planning something. I know he always in Trade Tower. So one day, I broke in. There, I learn about The Resistance. Their objectives and missions and….your parents along with the others.”

 

“Why didn’t you come clean the moment you knew about this?”

 

“Hyun, The Resistance was not an ordinary group. They consist of powerful people. Would everyone else believe me? Considering my not so impressive training record and my brother record, no one would have believe me. In there also I learn my brother involvement in Project 9. He didn’t hang himself. Someone else kill him to cover up Project 9. He was discharge from KIA because of Project 9. Hyesung lied to me.”

 

Yoong placed down another file. Project 9.

 

“I assume from your expression, you have learn about project 9. I’m sorry for you to learn it this way.”

 

“Why did you keep on helping Hyesung?”

 

“I have to. Because I need to know who’s the real person behind The Resistance. If I can get through Hyesung and gain his trust, I eventually will know who the person behind all of this.”

 

“Did you?”

 

Yoong sighed and shook his head.

 

“Now I realize I should have told everyone about it. It wouldn’t have to be like this.”

 

“Did you know that Yuri oppa is still alive?”

 

“No I didn’t. Hyesung didn’t knew it too. I was as shock as you.”

 

“You want him to die. I heard you!”

 

Yoong sat down on the stool facing Seohyun.

 

“I did. I’m not proud of it. I was blinded for my love towards Jessica. But after Memalic99 I realize I have no chance with her. I will always forever be put in the friend zone. Plus I can’t kill my own best friend. That doesn’t sounded right.”

 

Seohyun saw the Yoong she had be friends with. Not the Yoong who had betrayed them.

 

“But your plan killed Sooyoung oppa!”

 

Yoong smile at her.

 

“No, I didn’t do that either. Sooyoung is still alive but I think he might got caught with the others too because I asked him to go back and help you guys.”

 

“I need proof.”

 

Yoong play a tape recorder.

 

 

“You’re alive? Really?”

“Yeah I’m still alive. I try looking around for you. That’s why I’m late.”

 “I missed you Soo.”

“Me too. I missed you so much.”

 “Where are the others?”

 “I lost radio contact with them! They are in Mediacorp and Trade Tower. We have to get them out of there!”

 “We have to help them Soo!”

“I know but I spotted 2 sniper watching from North. We go out and they will kill us.”

“What? No one knew of this attack!”

“Sunny, your plan has back fired. We have to go now!”

“What about the rest?!”

 “Let’s go.”

 

He then stopped the recording.

 

“You and I both know that I can’t fake that. I can fake voice but I can’t fake the way they speak to each other. Too mushy.”

 

Seohyun didn’t say anything. Yoong take a step forward.

 

“I know you’re confused. But I really want to end this. I want to end what our family started. But I can’t do it on my own anymore.”

 

Seohyun got alarmed when Yoong came closer. She pointed the gun back at him. Yoong stop.

 

“You betrayed us. You betrayed me.”

 

Yoong saw tears running down her cheek and her eyes red in anger. Slowly she pulled the trigger. Yoong close his eyes. But he felt nothing. Slowly he take a peek and saw Seohyun throw the gun on the bed. He look behind and saw the bullet embedded in the wall just inches away from his head.

 

“Now I have my revenge. From now on, I forbid you from keeping any secret anymore oppa. I want to know everything.”

 

 

 

 

……

 

 

Jessica felt every breath she take, it get heavier each time. What about missions that she had not forgotten? After Yuri death, she didn’t get out for months. She refuse to meet people and refuse to leave the one place that she was sure Yuri would go back to; their apartment. Lucky her, Director Lee was nice enough and understanding enough to let her have her own time away from work. But then when she realize that Yuri isn’t going to be back, she had decided that working can mend her broken heart.

 

“Sica? Where are you?”

 

She heard Taeyeon voice coming from her ear piece. Jessica maintain her position behind the wall and take another deep breath.

 

“Taengoo, I’m going in.”

 

“What?! Don’t! Wait for me!”

 

“If I wait, they will get away. We can’t afford that. You know it.”

 

“Jessica! Listen to me! We have no idea how many of them! You can’t take them all alone!”

 

Jessica gritted her teeth. Taeyeon was right. She can’t take them all alone.

 

“I know Taengoo.”

 

“Jessica!”

 

Jessica switch off her communicator. She pulled out her gun chamber.

 

‘9 bullets. Great.’

 

She slide it back. Jessica close her eyes for a split second. When she opens her eyes again, she had a determine look on her face. Slowly, she turn the knob and enters the warehouse. It was pitch black but she was ready for it. Earlier they had a red code from the police department asking their help on a terrorists spotted in one of a warehouse in Jeonju. She was the one responded for it and selflessly put herself in danger. She didn’t tell Hyoyeon about the red code at all.

 

“Where the hell are you guys?”

 

She slowly made her way behind a steel column with her gun lowered down. Jessica look forward and saw a glimpse of light.

 

‘Handphones.’

 

Jessica made her way silently towards the light she saw earlier. She came towards a door. She takes a peek inside and saw the room lighten up by a candle.

 

‘Headcount, 5 people.’

 

She roughly estimated her move and consequences. She looks up and saw a steel walkaway hanging on top. She smile. She put her gun on her holster and make her way towards the stairs reaching the first floor. She looks around again and couldn’t spotted any stairs to get up to the walkaway.

 

‘I just have to find a way.’

 

Jessica climb up the column just enough to level with the walkaway. She pushed herself and manage to grab onto the ledge. She sighed in relief before pulling herself up and climb inside. Jessica took out her gun and smile. She target on the door earlier and fired. It echoes inside and the warehouse suddenly lighten up. All the terrorists came out from their hiding. Jessica sighed.

 

‘10 people. I missed count.’

 

“I’m Lieutenant Jung Jessica from IFI. You are all under arrest under the act of terrorist 1923. Surrender now and no, I don’t care if I have to kill all of you.”

 

Jessica waited for the first bullet from them. It’s protocol. She smile when the bullet graze her shoulder pad. She fired from her gun killing one with one bullet. The last man had his gun at pointing at her. She just smile. She had run out of bullet. The man fire at her and Jessica run along the walkaway. She then jumped towards the first floor hitting the steel floor. She groans in pain but pushed herself up and hide behind one of the steel table. The man had not stop firing and with him using a machine gun, she doubt he will stop now. She took off her jacket and sprint towards the ledge before jumping towards the guy. She felt her kevlar hit multiple times from his machine gun but she wasn’t going to stop now. She made sure her knee hit his face before both of them rolling on the floor. The man groans in pain same as Jessica. She tackle him down again before shoving his face on the floor. Blood can clearly been seen on the floor. She grab her gun and pointed at his forehead. The guy stop struggling and eyes widen in fear.

 

“I hate people like you.”

 

Jessica take out her knife and stab him on his shoulder. He scream in pain. She pulled the knife and ready to strike again.

 

“Sica! Don’t do it!”

 

Jessica knew that voice. She didn’t look at him but focus on the man in front of her.

 

“Sica, put the knife down!”

 

“I hate him Taengoo.”

 

“He’s not worth it! Put the knife down!”

 

“Or what?”

                                                                                                            

“Don’t do it. Please. Listen to me. Move away.”

 

She slowly turn around and saw Taeyeon pointing his gun at them. She stood up and take a step back. Taeyeon make his way slowly towards her. Once she got her in his arms, he shouted.

 

“Come in now!”

 

A team of IFI tactical team came in and secured the area. Taeyeon took the knife from her and put it away. He hugged her gently. Jessica felt tears running down her cheeks.

 

“Shhh, it’s okay. Everything will be fine. It’s okay.”

 

In his arms, she cry her eyes out.

 

 

……

 

 

Jessica slowly open her eyes. The light inside the room blinded her eyes for a moment. But she regain compose. She tried moving her arms but she can’t.

 

“Where am I?”

 

She saw herself was bounded on a steel chair. She looked around again searching for Tiffany. She saw her on another steel chair.

 

“F-Fany?”

 

Her bleeding head seems to stop. She saw her chest raised up. She is still breathing. She felt relief knowing so. Then when she realized that Sunny, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung are also bounded on a steel chair. She looked to her right and saw Taeyeon and Yuri hanging with their arm and legs bound by steel chain.

 

“Yul!”

 

“You woke up fast. I’m impress.”

 

“Who are you?”

 

The guy turn around. Jessica eyes widen. He remember this guy. He was an ex KIA interrogator. He was forced to quit by KIA officials because of his severe interrogation method.

 

“Lieutenant Jung.”

 

“Wooyoung.”

 

“I’m going to enjoy this so much.”

 

Wooyoung made his way towards her. Jessica didn’t like this one bit. He stop in front of her.

 

“But before that, let’s wake up the others. Shall we?”

 

He flicked his finger and she saw the others body shook violently. It was only for 4 seconds but it was enough to give pain jolting everyone awake. Jessica saw Fany cough blood.

 

“STOP!”

 

Wooyoung ignored her and stood in the middle of the room. Jessica turned her head and saw Yuri and Taeyeon breath heavily. Sooyoung seems to be injured and so does Hyoyeon. While Sunny sneer a little. Wooyoung smile at them.

 

“I’m totally going to enjoy torturing all of you.”

 

......

 

 

"Earlier today, there was an attack on Trade Tower and MediaCorp. IFI release an official statement denying the attacks harm civilians but we had a 10 minute of footage indicating how IFI aimlessly attack on civilians. Hundreds are injured and there could be more trap inside the two buildings. President of South Korea had successfully call a stop on IFI activity until further investigation is done. The video clip that broadcast for 10 minutes clearly shown on IFI handling the situation. I’m Miryung, reporting from the scene.”

 

Hyesung switch off the Television. He was fuming mad. If IFI is under investigation, he need to get out of here. Director Lee Kwangsoo had been detained and he knew what kind of a man he is. Once they get him to open up, Hyesung can’t be here.

 

“Sir. We had them all. But Private SeoHyun manage to flee.”

 

“That should be enough. Sent them to the Fortress and called Wooyoung in. I have a task for him.”