Start of the Final Mission

REVENGE

This felt like a fill up chapter. Hahaha.. I'll update again soon.

 

Sunny wore her Kevlar. She strap it tight around her body. Once done, she wear her gloves. She looked herself in the mirror. If anyone would tell her before that one day she would be in this situation, she would have laugh at them. But looking at her own reflection, she felt a mix of feelings. Scared, nervous and much more. Did she regret it?

“You must be disappointed with me, Colonel Lee.”

FLASHBACK

 

Sunny could only stood stiff when her father threw her report card away. She felt sweats forming on her forehead. Her father stare at her.

“No one in my family has ever disgrace me the way you do.”

“But dad…”

“Lee Sunkyu. I’m very disappointed with you.”

The words hit her hard hurting her deep. Tears were slowly forming in her eyes. No matter what she did, it was never enough.

“Your brother were so much better than you. Why can’t you be like him?”

Her father piercing stare made Sunny even more scared. She looked down not dare to stare back.

“I’m sending you to military school.”

Her eyes widen when she heard it.

“NO!”

“LEE SUNKYU. Are you trying to disobey me?”

“But…dad…I..”

He sit down on his chair but never left his eyes away from her. Sunny tears were already threatening to fall.

“My decision is final. I’m sending you to military school.”

A single tear rolled down her cheek. She didn’t bother to wipe it away. Sunny bow to him in respect before walking towards the door.

“Sunny?”

“…”

“Do not humiliate me even more, understand?”

“As you wish Colonel Lee.”

She left the room feeling hurt. He was never the same father she had known.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

Sunny looked at the mirror once more. If her brother was still alive, she could have avoid herself from getting hurt every time her father reminded her that it was better for him to be alive rather than herself. She was force to do things that her brother was supposed to but it was never enough in Colonel Lee eyes. She couldn’t replace him.

“You hate me even before your death. You might hate me even more if you knew what I’ve become.”

She took a deep breath and exhale in calm manners. Sunny took out a picture out of her pocket. It was her family photo. Her brother, her father and her mother were all smiling with her. It was their last family photo before the car accident that took her mother and brother life. Since then, her father stop smiling. He became cold and distance towards her. As if she was the reason of their death. Even on his last day alive, he refuse to see her. It was a curse that Sunny brings along with her ever since. Perfection was her ultimate target. Failure is not acceptable.

“Sunny?”

Sunny turned around and saw Hyoyeon standing at the door.

“Briefing in 5 minutes.”

“Yeah. I’ll be down in a bit.”

Hyoyeon just smile and left the room. Sunny take one more glance towards her family photo before placing it down on the table.

“If I made it out alive, I’ll come back for you.”

 

…..

 

 

“You look weird today Sica.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon when the short guy keep on commenting on how weird she looks today.

“You’re walking posture. It looks weird.”

Taeyeon rubbed his chin while Jessica just rolled her eyes. She finalized her check list before looking back at Taeyeon who is obviously smirking at her.

“What?”

“I know what happen. You had last night huh?”

Jessica slap his shoulder making the short guy winced in pain but couldn’t get rid of his grin.

“And I’m not discussing that with you.”

“How does it feel?”

“Why would I tell you?”

“Come on Sica. When was the last time you had ?”

Jessica rolled her eyes and focus on completing her equipment check.

“Just so you know, I had one with Fany last night.”

“KIM TAEYEON!”

“Serves you right byunTae.”

Taeyeon winced in pain when Tiffany pulled his ear.

“Ow ow..Fany…”

“Why on earth are you talking about with my sister huh?”

“W-What? I’m just teasing her.”

Jessica was practically laughing at him. You don’t see Taeyeon pleaded unless with Tiffany. It was a sight she won’t miss.  Soon she saw Yuri came from the basement with a box of wooden crate.

“What is that?”

“This?” Yuri placed the crate in front of Jessica. He took the lid away revealing a different kind of weapon. Jessica looked at him.

“I thought we had everything enough.”

“Well, Razak said nothing is enough. Just to be sure, he shipped some more.”

Jessica just shrugged it off and wrote something on her task list. Yuri saw Taeyeon got scolded by Tiffany.

“Why is she scolding him?”

“He try to make me admit that we had last night.”

Yuri face blushed instantly.

“S-?”

Jessica heard his stutters. She looked up and saw his face turns red. She can’t help but grin.

“We’re not a kid any more Yul. Why are you blushing?”

“M-Me? Noooooo…”

“Your tone betray you. Are you that uncomfortable talking about with me?”

Yuri quickly place his palm covering Jessica mouth. He shook his head.

“Can we not talk about it?”

Jessica pushed his hand away gently.

“I don’t see you being all shy last night.”

“But but but..”

“No buts Kwon. Help me rearrange the equipment.”

Yuri pouts and help Jessica place some of the weapons on the table. Every members get a different kind of weapons that they requested all thanks to Captain Razak. He managed to get everything in just one night.

“Morning.”

Both Jessica and Yuri turned around and saw Hyoyeon and Seohyun coming down towards them. She looked at the weapon in front of her.

“Wow. I never knew Razak could collect everything this fast.”

“Well, he never disappoint us before.”

Hyoyeon just nods at what Yuri said.

“Well, where is he?”

Jessica took her revolver and place it on her holster before strapping it around her thigh.

“He said he had to go. If this goes wrong, he can’t be here and let the government took him in.”

“Oh okay.”

Seohyun sit down and flip open her laptop. She type in something and wired it back to three smartphones. Then came Sunny walking down from the stairs. Tiffany look around and saw everyone is already here. Without anyone telling her what to do, she knew she had to lead the mission. Like always.

“Guys listen up.”

Everyone stop with what they were doing and focus on Tiffany.

“It’s 0630 hours. We have at least an hour to reach the central city. The remaining 30 minutes would be used to position ourselves. Remember, we are a wanted fugitives. We can’t be recognized. No matter what happen, we have to finish our mission. Eun Soh and her team had already deployed earlier. They are now on their way surrounding the IFI building. We have to wait for her signal before we get in the two buildings. Once inside, Taeyeon will lead Bravo 1. I’ll lead Bravo 2.”

Seohyun passed two smartphones at Tiffany and Taeyeon that she managed to get it back last night.

“I had improvise the system last night. Sorry for taking it back.”

“It’s okay Seohyun. Thanks.”

Taeyeon smile at the younger girl. Seohyun smile back. Tiffany then continue talking.

“This is not like the other mission that we have encountered before. Back then we have all the equipment we need. Today, we are on our own. Trust no stranger. Whatever happen, do not abort the mission. Someone had to complete it no matter what and guys… Goodluck.”

 

…..

 

Yuri place his gun behind his back and wear his janitor cloth with Hyoyeon monitoring around from the driver seat. With Seohyun help, they managed to get a cleaning company van as transportation. Taeyeon seems to be spacing out. Hyoyeon nudge him.

“Huh?”

“You spaced out. Something wrong?”

Taeyeon sighed.

“She’ll be fine Taeng. She promised you already.”

“I know but I have a bad feeling about it.”

“Hey, you have to stay focus. We are going into one of the most tightly secured building. Tiffany isn’t that weak. She’ll be fine.”

“Yeah Taeyeon. Jessica is with her. They’ll be fine.”

Yuri words does nothing to assured him but he have to trust Tiffany on this. He nods his head and wear his ear piece.

“This is Bravo 1. We just arrived at our destination. Where are you?”

“….”

“They not responding.”

“Let just wait for a while. I’m sure they are still preparing.”

Taeyeon sighed again. Hyoyeon pulled up her janitor zipper. All of them wear wigs to hide their appearances.

“Bravo 1?”

“This is Bravo 1. Where were you?”

“We just got here. I’m still waiting for Eun Soh signal.”

“Okay. Fany?”

“Yeah?”

“Be careful. I’ll see you later okay?”

It was silence for a while. Taeyeon grip around his smartphones tighten.

“Roger and out.”

 

…..

 

 

“Unnie here.”

Seohyun pass Jessica her ID. They all wear casual working cloth. After all they came in as an intern. Jessica clipped her ID on her blazer. Seohyun does the same. Tiffany kept her silence and waits for Eun Soh.

“Hey Jess?”

“Hrm?”

“Remember what I said.”

Jessica just nod along. Seohyun saw the two interacts with each other and got confused. As if the two of them had a secret agenda. She brushed it off. They could just reminding each other.

“This is Bravo 1. We just arrived at our destination. Where are you?”

The three of them heard Taeyeon voice. Jessica and Seohyun look at Tiffany waiting for her to answer. Tiffany seems to be on her own world. Jessica place her hand on her shoulder.

“Fany?”

“Huh?”

“Taeyeon.”

“Sorry. I was…”

“It’s okay. Just answer him.”

Tiffany just nods.

“Bravo 1?”

“This is Bravo 1. Where were you?”

“We just got here. I’m still waiting for Eun Soh signal.”

“Okay. Fany?”

“Yeah?”

“Be careful. I’ll see you later okay?”

Tiffany couldn’t even answer. She bite her lips. She looks at Jessica and saw her sister nodding at her.

‘I’m sorry Tae.’

“Roger and out.”

She ended their communication. Seohyun look at them both and can’t help but feeling something wasn’t right. Why did Tiffany said that? But before she could probe in further, they saw red flare from the sky. Tiffany straighten her blazer.

“It’s time.”

“Bravo 1, engage.”

 

……

 

 

Sunny look around and found her perfect shooting spot. She smile even wider when she spotted her gun case. She quickly get to it and zip open her drag bag. Inside she found a VB Berapi LP 05.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Razak place the drag bag on the table in front of Sunny and Tiffany. He took put the content. Sunny look at him.

“A VB Berapi LP 05?”

“You sure are a weapon expert. I give you that.”

“They stop manufacturing this years ago. How did you get it?”

“Let say I have a few last in my hands and now I’m handing one to you. It can fire up to 2.5 kilometres away. It suits your condition.”

“Nice.”

Sunny took the now assemble rifle from Razak and examine it. She had never used this rifle before but she felt just right holding it. Tiffany watch as Sunny examine the rifle.

“Can it fire a tranquilizer bullet?”

“I had it modified. Don’t worry.”

“Good.”

“Why are you using tranquilizer bullets?”

Tiffany smile.

“We might need to shot at a few cops in our way. I don’t want them dead. They are innocent.”

“You do realize that they will go against you with life bullet.”

“I know but like I said, it was never their battle. It was ours. We won’t do justice if we kill them.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Sunny assemble the rifle and when she’s done, she made herself comfortable in firing position. She look through the sniper scope and spotted Bravo 1 and 2 outside the two buildings and Eun Soh team scattered around IFI perimeter.

“Come on Eun Soh.”

She then saw Eun Soh release the red flare up to the sky. It was the signal for Bravo 1 and 2.

“Goodluck everyone.”