The past

REVENGE

"Baby, where did you put my favourite orange tie?"

 

Taeyeon scan through his wardrobe searching for his favourite tie.

 

"Where is it?"

 

Feeling a bit frustrated, Taeyeon almost trashed the inside of the wardrobe. Just when he was about to rant his frustration again, a familiar hand came in sight.

 

"Here. You asked me to wash it yesterday."

 

Taeyeon takes the tie.

 

"Oh."

 

Taeyeon turns round and saw his wife folding her hand in front of her chest while glaring at him. He smile apologetically.

 

"Sorry baby. I forgot."

 

"You getting forgetful nowadays. Am I married to some old guy?"

 

Taeyeon laughs it off and proceed on hugging her. She struggle at first but then succumb to the warm body.

 

"I'm sorry honey. Ok?"

 

Taeyeon gently release her and distance himself just enough to still hold her around the waist.

 

"I'm not going to forgive you."

 

She was pouting and Taeyeon found it cute. He pecks her lips and smile again.

 

"Ok. How about I pick you up later for a romantic dinner?"

 

Tiffany eyes smile return. Taeyeon chuckles in amuse. This is the side of Tiffany that Taeyeon loves. She never fail to make him happy with her smile.

 

"Really?"

 

"Anything for you baby."

 

"Okay. Don't be late okay honey?"

 

Taeyeon pecks her lips again. Anything for Tiffany Hwang.

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

"Yah Kim Taeyeon!"

 

Taeyeon turns around and found Jessica walking towards him.

 

"Yeah?"

 

Jessica stops in front of him and lightly slaps his forehead using the back of her palm.

 

"Oww!"

 

"Where did you go yesterday?"

 

Taeyeon rubbed his forehead and silently whining. Jessica looks at him again before slap his forehead.

 

"Yah! Why are you hitting me again?"

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. Taeyeon pouts unhappy with the girl treatment at him.

 

"You left me to finish the report alone!"

 

"I can explain!"

 

"10 seconds to explain, Kim Taeyeon."

 

"Tiffany said.."

 

"10."

 

"That I look stress.."

 

"5."

 

"Yah!  What happen to 9,8,7 and 6?"

 

"0."

 

Jessica hit his head this time using her knuckles. Taeyeon groan in pain. He cluthes on his head.

 

"You said 10 seconds Jung!"

 

"I said 10. I didn't said I would count it.

 

Taeyeon pouts. Jessica just rolled her eyes.

 

"Cut it Kim. I don't know how my sister accept that face."

 

"You just jealous because Tiffany loves me so much."

 

"In your dreams."

 

Taeyeon laugh at her while Jessica just smile. They always like this joking with each other. Jessica has been Taeyeon partner ever since the both of them join IFI (Internal Force Investigator) 5 years ago. That was when he met his wife, Tiffany Hwang. Being Jessica partner entitle him the freedom of courting jessica step sister. Well this of course after a session of fight with Jessica since she hates mixing life with work and Taeyeon happens to be part of her work. A year after that, Jessica gave up and give her blessing.

 

"Anyway, Tiffany asked me to remind you the dinner this Saturday."

 

"Can I not go Taengoo?"

 

"As much as I love you as my partner, I love my wife even more. So no. Plus we both know why Sica. She just don't want you to be alone."

 

Jessica doesn't say much. Taeyeon knew he just happen to said the sensitive topic.

 

"Hey no matter what, you know me and Fany will always be here."

 

"Yeah I know."

 

Taeyeon wraped his arm around her and let Jessica lean on his shoulder. He loves Jessica more than a friend. He always treats her as his sister. Her sadness is hurting her inside and he and Tiffany are determine to stop it. Jessica can't be clinging on the past anymore.

 

"Thank you Taengoo."

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

"An hour ago, we intercept an audio message coming from North Korea. There will be a ship coming into our port tonight."

 

Taeyeon read the file. Jessica looks up.

 

"So why us?"

 

Hyoyeon sighs. Sometimes she felt Jessica is getting bolder day by day.

 

"Sica, although I'm your officer in command and also your friend, please asked me when I'm already finish."

 

"Fine. Proceed Captain Kim."

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and lean back on her chair. Taeyeon let his partner do whatever she wants and gestured for Hyoyeon to proceed.

 

"The ship isn't our problem but the goods are. 48 M16A4 are said to be ship along with it."

 

"That is a military standard rifle."

 

Hyoyeon change the slide presentation. Jessica and Taeyeon eyes widen looking at the slide.

 

"We all know who this man is. Our intel told us that he was the man behind this shipment."

 

Taeyeon got a glimpse of Jessica shaken hand. Everyone in IFI knew the said guy. Jessica lost her boyfriend to him. Taeyeon knew that well. He wasn't just Jessica boyfriend, but also his bestfriend.

 

"We search for him for 3 years. Now he finally came out."

 

Hyoyeon nods her head. She focus on Jessica instead.

 

"Will you have a problem later Lieutenant Jung?"

 

Both Jessica and Taeyeon knew what Hyoyeon meant. Will she be professional later rather than get emotional.

 

"I-I.."

 

Taeyeon himself felt a sudden urge to answer for Jessica.

 

"She'll be fine. I can guarantee you that Captain."

 

"Okay then. We will have a mission briefing later with the others. I'm counting on the both of you."

 

Jessica didn't answer and left the room leaving Hyoyeon and Taeyeon behind. Hyoyeon sighs.

 

"I hate to say this Taeyeon, but I'm not really fond of sending Jessica tonight."

 

Taeyeon stands up.

 

"You and I both know that but if we pull her out, she might be more angry towards you."

 

"I really don't care if she hates me. I just want her to be safe. I'm keeping my promise to him."

 

"Hyoyeon ah, I'll be there for her. Don't worry."

 

Taeyeon smile at Hyoyeon and left the room. Hyoyeon takes out her shade and wears it. She starighten herself and left the room shortly.

 

"Damn it Yul."

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Jessica close her eyes. The wind felt soothing to her. She will always come here on the roof top everytime she needs some time alone. She knows that everyone are constantly worried about her.

 

"3 years already Yuri. Why is it hard for me?"

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

Jessica arms were around his waist with her head leans on his chest. She loves the intimate gesture they shared everytime. Especially today since today is his brithday but because of work, they both can't celebrate it.

 

"Yul?"

 

Jessica felt him shift a little.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Happy birthday."

 

She heard him laughs a little.

 

"You've said it this morning and last night at 12am."

 

"I know but we can't celebrate it. You have mission tonight and I'm stuck with paper work until 7."

 

Yuri ran his fingers along her hair. They were cuddling on a matress that Yuri kept on the roof top. This has always been their favourite spot.

 

"Remind me of scolding Taeyeon later for leaving you alone doing the paperwork."

 

"I know right? I'm cursing Taeyeon right now. He's still alive because I love my sister."

 

Yuri laughs again while Jessica pouts cutely. He change their position a bit making Jessica on top of him.

 

"He is still alive because you love them both. Spare him some life Sica. They are getting married."

 

Yuri pinch her cheek and smile his charming smile. Jessica leans and kisses his lips.

 

"I love you Yuri."

 

"I love you more than you know."

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Tears that she had been holding back for years fill her eyes once more. She promise herself that no matter what, she won't cry again.

 

"I can't..."

 

But Jessica knew she was lying to herself. No matter how long have it been, the pain is still there hurting her every moment. She finally let the tears falling down her check. Suddenly she felt arms around her waist. It wasn't the same warm that Yuri can emit but it was as secure as he is. The back hug she's familiar with.

 

"Jess, you can always cry to to me you know."

 

Jessica wipes away her tears and held on the hand around her waist.

 

"I miss him Fany. I miss him so much."

 

"I know. We all do."

 

Jessica slowly untangle Tiffany arms and turn around.

 

"How did you know I was here?"

 

"Taeyeon told me. Plus Sunny saw you coming this way."

 

"Ahh..."

 

"Jess?"

 

Tiffany suddenly hug Jessica again.

 

"If you want to cry, don't hide okay? Let me play as big sister this time."

 

Jessica let herself hugged by Tiffany. She let her console her everytime. That's how Jessica cope up with the loss.

 

"Thank you sis."

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

"So remember, in and out; stealth mode. I'll explain it again."

 

"Not again Taengoo."

 

Taeyeon turns around and shot daggers toward Sunny.

 

"Sergeant Lee, listen."

 

"Fine."

 

Tae yeon rolled his eyes and start talking again.

 

"Sunny and Sooyoung, you'll be covering the perimeter. Report for any unusual activities. Fire only when you have your order. Tiffany and Seohyun will lead us from here. Listen well guys. Yoong, me and Jessica will be in the infiltration team. We will be as vulnerable as we get down there so let's not give the enemy a reason to shot at us."

 

Yoong raised her hand.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I thought we are there for surveilance? Plus it's only a ship."

 

"A ship that smuggles 48 M16A4? They knew we would find it. I don't think they came here just letting us have it."

 

"What if it is a trap?"

 

Taeyeon knew that. He had the same thought when Hyoyeon brief him earlier. Tiffany told him the same. So he took her advice and without a brief reason, Taeyeon put Tiffany in mission room. He had a bad feeling about it.

 

"Let's not get to there. As long as we stick to our objectives, we will be fine. I'm counting on you guys."