Saving a comrade - Part 1

REVENGE

Hello?

Thank you for all the comments. I really appreciated it.

 

ENJOY~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Tiffany gritted her teeth. She just did something crazy and idiot. After shoving everyone else away leaving her behind, she have no idea how to tackle these matter. Not that her team left with delight, they want to stay with her and finish the job but Tiffany knew it was useless. She can't bear imagine herself telling their parents, family or kids how bravely their parents, son or daughter fought till the end.

 

She just can't. Tiffany composed herself.

 

"Lieutenant Hwang. You do remember I'm still here right?"

 

Yoong voice startles her. She turns around facing him.

 

"You should go. Save yourself."

 

Yoong held he's semi auto K5 gun and cocked it.

 

"You finished this mission and bring everyone back safely. I'll deal with the intruders once they reach here."

 

Tiffany saw varieties of weapons on the table in front of Yoong. She smile at him. Yoong smirks and keep his eyes on IFI security cam.

 

"Yuri! Jessica! Can you hear me?"

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Both Yuri and Jessica heard footseps coming their way. He looked at her with that face expression Jessica too familiar with.

"Don't tell me they knew we're here."

 

"That's not possible. Tiffany would have told us. Pkus that voice earlier. It sounds like Hyesung."

 

"This is not good."

 

Yuri placed his M16A against his right chest, his gun position in standby. Jessica try reaching for Taeyeon through the earpiece.

 

"Taeyeon?"

 

"Yuri! Jessica! Can you hear me?"

 

""Fany?"

 

"Listen to me and listen carefully. You have been compremised. At least 2 dozens of man coming towards your position. I bet they fully armed. Climb back the wall and keep running. Can you do that?"

 

Jessica recognize that tone of Tiffany. She tried hard hiding that distress tone but Jessica obew her too well.

 

"Fany, what's going on!"

 

Tiffany cursed herself. Explaination have to wait.

 

"I'll explain later. Go now!"

 

Jessica was about to tell Yuri when she saw a man equip with a machine gun came out of nowhere. She rolled towards a tree hiding behind it when Yuri open fire.

 

"Jess now! Go!" Tiffany voice was clear to her.

 

Jessica glance at Yuri and saw the tan guy hides behind another tree. She took a stance and fire through her own rifle. She hit a man on his head while Yuri took two behind a bush.

 

"Sica! You heard her! Go! I'll cover you up."

 

Jessica want to argue but she knew they are battling against time. The longer they stall the time, more enemies to come. Yuri took another man while Jessica direct her bullet to another enemy skull. Bullets were flying dangerously at them. It took Jessica some moment to finalised her movement.

 

"Yuri! When I reach the top wall, it's your turn to run!"

 

"Go!"

 

Jessica fired again aiming towards her left while Yuri taking turns on front and left giving Jessica more time to flee. She zig zag passed another tree and force herself up on the wall. She scrape her palm in attempt to lift her whole body up in one pulled.

 

Yuri keep on firing taking another 3 lifes from the enemy line. Everytime an enemy soldier try to fire at Jessica, he would take them down first.

 

Jessica lie flat on her stomach facing the area where the enemy are. She knew how exposed she is rigHt now but what can she do? She's lying on top of the RC wall with nothing else to cover her only the wall height as an advantage. She can definitely see things clearly here.

 

"Yul. Now!"

 

Yuri was ready ever since Jessica left first. He rolled to his left and quickly make a sprint towards Jessica not forgetting to run in a zig zag pattern hoping it can confused the enemy. Jessica keep on firing and hit a man right at his forehead. Once Yuri was near, he sling his weapon on his shoulder and jumped towards the wall hanging desperately at the edge. He used all his strength and pulled himself up.

 

Jessica who saw it, keep on firing. Once on top, Yuri quijcly took back his weapon and open fire. He tap her shoulder signalling to jump off the other side. Jessica stops firing and do as he said. Once Jessica landed on the other side of the ground, Yuri followed suit but a bullet.manage to graze past his left shoulder earning a groan from the tan boy.

 

Jessica quickly tend on it.

 

"I'm okay. Just a slight cut."

 

"Let's go!"

 

She helped him up and pulled him with her running to any place for safety.

 

"Fany?! We need you now!"

 

"Good job! Keep on running but listen to me."

 

Yuri and jessica keep on runnibg and didn't asnwer back so Tiffany just continue.

 

"I'm sending you towards Sunny and Sooyoung location. Once there, they both will be able to give you two more shooting options and long range kills. Hang in there for a while. Can you do so?"

 

"Okay! But you have to guide us there!"

 

It was Yuri who answered back. It is impossbile for them to knew the exact location of Sunny and Sooyoung.

 

"I'm sending the coordinates now!"

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

"I'm sending the coordinates now!"

 

Tiffany typed in and press enter. The computer seems working despite having unknown people attacking the base.

 

"Okay! I got it!"

 

"Keep running guys!"

 

"Lieutenant Hwang! They are coming."

 

Tiffany saw what Yoong was looking at. 10 to 15 peopl are on their way upstairs. Yoong looks at her and nod his head. He walked towards the door and opened it and leans back on the door frame. He was stood with his eyes on the only walkway they have to pass to get to the upper floor. Yoong held out his gun and waits.

 

Tiffany change to the other sat feed which shows Sooyoung and Sunny. She was sure they both can hear everything by now.

 

“Sunny?”

 

 

......

 

 

 

“Sunny?”

 

“I heard commotions from your line! What happen?”

 

Tiffany was right. When she was trying to get Yuri and Jessica out, she was sure that other four might have learn about IFI current situation.

 

“Long story cut short, IFI is under attack. I’m getting you guys out from there.”

 

“What? You should leave the building now!”

 

Tiffany sighed. A loud bang was heard. The inturders are already on their floor. Yoong keep on firing making sure 1 bullet for each person.

 

“And leave you guys to die there? Not a chance. I have a plan and you with Sooyoung need to listen to this.”

 

 

 

....

 

 

Taeyeon didn’t let his guard down. He was beyond pissed with Hyesung at the moment. He have been listening to the others ocnversation since earlier. Refuse to give Hyesung the satisfaction, he didn’t interrupt with the conversation. Taeyeon used the back of his M16A and gently nedge the girl behind him.

 

“We need to get out from here.”

 

“What do you suggest oppa?”

 

Taeyeon glance towards his right and left before keeping his eyes on Hyesung.

 

“I’ll shot that spotlight. Head towards the door in front of you.”

 

Seohyun bites her lips. How can Taeyeon be calm in a dire situation like this?

 

“Seo, can you do that?”

 

“But oppa..what if..”

 

“Just run. Trust me.”

 

Taeyeon smirks and Hyesung wasn’t pleased with it. he shot his glare at him.

 

“Why are you smiling Kim? I’m killing your beloved people.”

 

“You know Hyesung, I’ve been wondering. What took you 3 years to finally show up?”

 

Taeyeon was trying to find the right time to starts his plan so distracting Hyesung would be one of it. But he was curious of his answers too.

 

“Are you stalling your death Kim?”

 

“At least I have the right to know the truth before I’m dead right?”

 

Hyesung laughter echoed inside the building. Some of his men were smirking at Taeyeon.

 

“You’re right Kim. I should.”

 

Hyesung pulled out something from his blazer. It was a key. A silver key.

 

“Do you know what this is Kim? Or maybe you know what this is Private Seo?”

 

Taeyeon for sure have no idea what the thing is but he was hoping for Seohyun to say yes but the girl answer wasn’t what he had expected.

 

“No, I don’t.”

 

“I don’t blame you for not knowing this Private Seo. This is one of the 7 element keys. A key to open up Kim Min Jong last treasure.”

 

“Kim Min Jong? IFI Founder?”

 

“You know your history quite well Kim. But I bet you didn’t know about the Black Box?”

 

Seohyun gasped. Hyesung smile. He knew she would know some of it.

 

“The great Korean War. Rumours told that before, Kim Min Jong was apart of the weaponary expert team. He invented a weapon known for the world destruction. His team members called it the bLack Box. But the war ended before he can used it. So he destroyed the weapon.”

 

“Correction Private Seo, he was supposed to. But he didn’t destroy it. We have it until IFI took it from me that night when I got captured. Remember Kim?”

 

Taeyeon cursed himself. The black box. It was the same box that they secured the night Hyesung was captured. They were too focus on Hyesung that they forgot about the items caught with him. He looked at Hyesung in despise.

 

“So you attack IFI to get it back?”

 

“10 marks for you Kim. We have been planning all of these. Alan Cecil, B&G Resource, this piece of land. Everything. IFI is the real target.”

 

“Cursed you Hyesung.”

 

Taeyeon fired his gun towards the spotlight. Once it’s dark, Seohyun ran towards the nearest door that she had eyed since from start. Taeyeon keep on firing. It was dark but he was used of fighting in a handicap situation. So he keep on firing and keep on running while covering for Seohyun. The enemy gain back their awareness and fired randomly. With final pushed, Seohyun anaged to get out with Taeyeon trailing behind her. She slam the door. Taeyeon pulled out his gun and slide it into the hinge successing blocking the door from opening from inside.

 

More gunshot was heard. Taeyeon pulled Seohyun away from the door.

 

“Come on. Let’s go. It might be a metal door but it won’t hold up longer.”

 

“TaeTae?!”

 

Taeyeon almost forgot about Tiffany. Her distress voice awoke him from his current situation.

 

“Fany! Are you okay?”

 

“Everyone keep asking that. I’m fine. Yoong can handle them.”

 

“Where’s Sica and Yuri?”

 

Both Taeyeon and Seohyun had already running tracing back their previous path.

 

“They are heading towards Sunny and Sooyoung. I hope Sunny and Soo can handle almost 4 dozens of them.”

 

 

 

....

 

 

 

 

 

“And leave you guys to die there? Not a chance. I have a plan and you with Sooyoung need to listen to this.”

 

“Spill out now.”

 

Tiffany took a deep breath and speak.

 

“There’s from my view, almost 2 dozens of men coming with Jessica and Yuri towards you and Soo.”

 

“WHAT?”

 

It was Sooyoung. He was quiet since the start but obviously wasn’t pleased now.

 

“Are you kidding me Fany?”

 

“I’m not Soo. Yuri and Jessica can take them but we need to finish the fast. That’s why I need you two to work your magic and help Jessica and Yuri.”

 

“We’re just two person here Fany. We might miss.”

 

“No, you can’t miss at all. Not even a single bullet. You miss and Yuri and Jessica will be in danger. Plus I have a reason to finish things fast.”

 

Sunny look at Sooyoung. She have a bad feeling about this.

 

“I don’t like that tone of yours Fany.”

 

“2 dozens men coming YOUR WAY from South path. ETA 5 minutes. You have to finish helping Jessica and Yuri in less than that.”

 

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?”

 

Tiffany looks at Yoong and saw the guy sweating already trying his hard to keep up with the enemy attacks.

 

“You’re the weapon expert Sunny. God bless you.”

 

 

.....

 

 

 

“I have to go and helped them then.”

 

Taeyeon knew Tiffany had put everything in thoughts before making all those decision so he need to help her accomplished it. Tiffany is a great mission expert but this is as far as she can help. The rest will depends on the others and himself as the Leader in command.

 

“TaeTae, be safe.”

 

“You have to be safe. Leave IFI now. I’ll manage from here.”

 

Taeyeon try his hard to remain calm eventhough his wife situation back in IFI aren’t that different from him but he have to trust her. Trust her to be safe.

 

“I can’t Tae. Only it ends then I can leave.”

 

“FANY. LEAVE NOW. Don’t be stubborn.”

 

Tiffany clenched her fist tight. How can she possible left when her husband, sister and friends are out there with 99% posibilities of getting killed?

 

“I can’t. I need to make sure everyone is safe.”

 

Tiffany knew her words just made Taeyeon even angry. Seohyun stopped her tracks when Taeyeon stops.

 

“Unni, oppa is right. You have to leave now. We have no idea what they will do if they caught you or Yoong oppa.”

 

“But Seo...”

 

“Then choose. You’ll leave now or I’ll shot my head.”

 

That managed to stopped Tiffany from arguing. Taeyeon never used that tone unless he was serious about something.

 

“I’ll count until 5 and don’t you ever dare to lie. I know when you’re lying.”

 

“1, 2..”

 

“But I won’t be able to communicate with you guys if they destroy this room.”

 

Taeyeon looks at Seohyun. Seohyun took out her laptop and there were silence for a while.

 

“I’m done. Unni, go to my locker. I have a spare transmission inside. I redirect IFI link using IFI satellite to my laptop and wired it back to that tranmission. We can still communicate as normal as long as you have that transmission. But no sat feed though.”

 

“That will be good enough Seo. Heard that Fany?”

 

Tiffany took out her gun. She have to take anything Seohyun gave her. as long as she’s still in link with the others.

 

“Okay. I’ll leave with Yoong. I’ll think of your get away in the mean time.”

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Sooyoung saw Yuri and Jessica in his scope. He doesn’t have to signal Sunny since he guess she had seen it herself. Behind them, more mens are coming.

 

“The last time I ever shoot this many is when they put a lot of rocks in a cannon and fire it expecting me to fire every piece before it lands.”

 

“Did you managed it?” Yuri voice sounded tired but he was curious.

 

“No. Not even a single piece.”

 

Jessica sneered unhappy with him.

 

“You better get this done with. Or I’ll throw rocks at you in hell.”

 

“Oo. Hellsica.”

 

Yuri knew how dangerous the situation they all in but a little fun and teasing won’t harm right? The least to him.

 

“Yah Kwon Yuri, still a prankster huh?”

 

When Sunny said that, Yuri face aplmed himself. He almost gave his identity away. So he cleared his throat.

 

“In coming guys. Take your time.”

 

Yuri dived towards bushes in front of him while Jessica took cover behind a tree with both aiming towards the incoming enemy.

 

“Sooyoung!”

 

Jessica shouts his name telling him to keep coming. Sooyoung was busy and it didn’t helped with the knowledge that in 2 minutes, he and Sunny have to dealt with more coming towards them.

 

“I’ll kill Tiffany after this.”

 

Sunny however had more in mind.

 

“Nope, you have to wait in line Soo. I’m first.”

 

Yuri took another man life when his bullet hit his head twice. He felt sorry for the guy but this is war and their life are far ore important.

 

“Yuri.”

 

“Huh?” Yuri answered Jessica calling for him.

 

“This is going nowhere. In 2 minutes, Sunny and Soo will have their hands full.”

 

“What you have in mind?”

 

“Take as much as you can.”

 

Jessica revealed herself and run across to her left in a zig zag pattern avoiding bullets. Yuri was more than shocked. He kept his mouth shut for a while and fired his bullet towards the now visible enemy. When Jessica cae out, the enemy did so revealing their position. It made it easier for Yuri and the others to aim but it was dangerous method from Jessica.

 

When she reach another tree, Jessica quickly hide behind calming her rage breath.

 

“Yah! Are you crazy?!”

 

“How many did you get? Please tell me it’s more than 3.”

 

“He got 4 Sica. You rock Yuri.”

 

“Shut up Soo! And you Jung Jessica! Do that again and I might tied you up on tree until this shooting ends.”

 

Sunny chuckles.

 

“What’s so funny huh Sergeant Lee?”

 

“You, Kwon Yuri.”

 

Yuri huffed unhappy but keep on targeting the enemy. Sunny took another 3 leaving a few left but it was early for her to be happy. Just behind them, she heard more footsteps coming towards their hiding.

 

“Guys! I think you’re on your own now. We have another crazy team of fighter coming our way as we speak.”

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun keep on running. Seohyun break the silence.

 

“Oppa. Where are we heading to first?”

 

Crap.

 

Taeyeon forgot. Looking at his watch, he contemplating if the second wave of attacks finally begun or not. If he took the land area, he will reach Yuri and Jessica but won’t be able to help Sunny and Sooyoung. If he took the hill path, he will reach the two sniper but he’s worried about the other two. He sighed and made up his mind.

 

“We’re going to the sniper. They need us more.”

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Yoong kick his gun away and elbow his neck causing the guy in black collapsed on the floor unconscious. He was sweating profusedly. Tiffany press her trigger successfully killing the other guy. She remembers what her father said to her before; a gun is like a bird. If you squeeze it hard, it will die but if you held it too loose, it will fly away. That’s why she never had troubles hitting her target. All of them.

 

“We can go downstairs anymore! It’s full of attackers!”

 

Tiffany cursed. She still can listen to the tactical team shouting from below level. It was a dead end.

 

“I’ll kill Tiffany after this.”

 

“Nope, you have to wait in line Soo. I’m first.”

 

Tiffany pouted when she heard Sunny and Sooyoung voice. She want to retaliates back but knowing that the 4 of them are in pressure trying to live, she couldn’t do so afraid of distracting them.

 

“Fany! Yoong!”

 

Tiffany and Yoong turn towards the voice and saw Hyoyeon running towards the from the other staircase.

 

“Hyo! Thank god! I thought you’re dead.”

 

“Yah! Don’t curse me like that!”

 

Hyoyeon stops in front of them and huffed in exhaustion. Tiffany patted her back helping her to ease off.

 

“Hyo, we can’t go down from here. It’s full downstairs.”

 

“I know, I just run away from there. I saw bodies on my way here but I have no idea who.”

 

Hearing that, Tiffany and Yoong chest tighten in pain. IFI is like a big family. You learn everyone names and became friends. Things would be different after this.

 

“It could be someone we knew down there.”

 

Hyoyeon sighed. She tries to help but they were too many of them.

 

“What are they aftering in here?”

 

“Black Box. It’s Hyesung. He’s responsible for the attack on IFI.”

 

Hyoyeon expression change. She was more serious.

 

“How about the others?”

 

“Fighting like us but against all odds.” Yoong fired another shot hitting a man at his chest. He rolled down the staircase but barely killed since Yoong was sure he wore a kevlar.

 

Hyoyeon massaged her forehead. She knew the chances of this mission turning out to be a trap was 90%. But IFI superiors asked for it, there’s no way she can refuse.

 

“Okay, listen. We all knew from start that this might be a trap. SO I came up with plan B. We go and rescue them ourselves.”

 

Tiffany stops firing and focused on Hyoyeon.

 

“I save a Black Hawk on roof top for Plan B. We’ll go there ourselves and save them.”

 

“How about the rest of us here?” Yoong almost shouted at her.

 

“We don’t have a choice. With or without the three of us, they’ll keep raid until they found what they are looking for. But our team members will die if we don’t rescue them now because apparently Hyesung want all of them dead.”

 

“So we’re going to leave them?” His voice was firm. She have no idea how to sweeten the story but he had to face reality.

 

“We don’t have a choice Yoong. Every IFI staffs are train for this kind of attack. Let us hope everyone can get out alive. Are you in or are you out?”

 

Yoong gritted his teeth but nod anyway. Hyoyeon lead the way towards the other staircase with Tiffany following closely from behind. Yoong are right behind them but facing the other side just in case the enemy spots them.

 

“I hope your plan works Hyo.”

 

“It will work. I can’t say the same for our team.”

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

“Keep on running Sunny!”

 

Sooyoung shouted behind her. They have left their position when a group of armed man appear behind them open fire. Both Sooyoung and Sunny keep on running and occasionally fired their gun towards them. There’s no way they can maintain their position.

 

Sunny then saw two figures coming from her left. She squinted her eyes looking at the two figures.

 

“Tae! Seo!” How relief Sunny was when she saw Taeyeon helped them by firing his bullets towards the enemy behind.

 

“You guys okay?”

 

“Yeah. Can’t be sure about Yulsic!”

 

“We’re fine Taengoo! We’re heading South now!”

 

Taeyeon sighed in relief when Jessica responded.

 

“Taeng! I’m not try to spoilt the party but where are we heading?”

 

Taeyeon knows that. He for sure have no idea himself. With an attack on IFI, no one can sent any choppers to save them now.

 

“Just heads South like Yulsic!”

 

“Then what?” Sunny obviously knew Taeyeon have no idea what to do but she need reassurance eventhough it’s fake.

 

“Then...Uhh..”

 

“Everyone! I’m sending new coordinates! 36.087188,127.776765! That’s your pick up point! ETA 7 minutes!” Seohyun quickly type in when Tiffany finished talking. She quickly sent it to Jessica and Yuri GPS device.

 

“Sica unni! Go there!”

 

Okay was the respond that Yuri and Jessica gave. Taeyeon and Sunny are still firing backwards hoping to slow the enemy down.

 

.....

 

 

 

Yuri helped Jessica climbed the rocky path. It wasn’t easy considering his little injury. Tiffany surely picked a weird place for a pick up point.

 

“We’re almost there.”

 

Jessica looks at her watch and it have been 6 minutes already. Any minute from now, their Black Hawk will be here. Unlike Sunny, Sooyoung, Taeyeon and Seohyun, Yuri and Jessica doesn’t have anyone trailing from behind. So they can say they are practically safe.

 

“I hope Taengoo and the other are safe.”

 

“They will. Don’t worry.”

 

From far, Jessica spotted a black Hawk coming their way exactly towards their pick up point. She almost shouts happily. Finally.

 

“Come on!”

 

Jessica pulled Yuri along with her running even faster. Yuri let her lead the way. But his eyes suddenly spots something from 15 fts away. It was a only a second; a light but it was small. His eyes widen realized what it was. He held his M16A and pushed Jessica away. A loud bang was heard. Jessica saw Yuri flew a feet away resulted from the impact that she's too familiar with; a sniper bullet.

 

“YURI!”