The Truth?

REVENGE

I was thinking on updating next week but then I remembered that I have to go to Abu Dhabi for work. So I'll just update again and let you guys enjoy this fast update. We are almost coming to an end. Another few chapters to go.

 

 

Taeyeon sweep the floor diligently. Thanks to Tiffany constant nagging back at their household, he can say that he's a master in sweeping. Yuri on the other hand struggle a little pretending to be good at mopping.

"Yul, you are an agent. At least don't make it too awkward."

 

"Easy for you to say."

 

"Whatever Kwon. Hyo? Done?"

 

"No, not yet."

 

When they came in earlier, Hyoyeon was drag by some senior janitors to help her wash some toilet. But lucky them, no one seems to recognize them.

 

"Hyo, we are out of time. Just ditch her or something."

 

"Fine."

 

 

......

 

 

 

"Fine."

 

Hyoyeon put away the detergent and slowly made her way to the senior janitor.

 

"I'm really sorry for this."

 

She quickly circling the janitor neck from behind with her right arm while placing her left palm on silencing her. The said women struggle but Hyoyeon kept her firm grip. She tighten her arm around her neck succeding in blocking her airways. Another struggle and the women janitor stop fighting; passed out. She release her neck and pick her up dragging her into one of the cubicle at the far end. Once place inside, she close the door.

 

"Sorry for that. I hope nothing happens to you."

 

She straighten herself and walked out from the toilet. She then place the yellow sign stating out of service in front of the door.

 

"Where are you Taeng?"

 

"Just around the corner we first came. Hurry up."

 

"Impatience. I'm on my way."

 

 

......

 

 

Jessica use her ID on one of the door. The door didn't open and red words came out; access denied. She looks back at Seohyun.

 

"Your turn Seohyun."

 

Jessica made way for Seohyun while Tiffany kept her eyes as look out. Seohyun took out her smartphones. She connect to the door security panel and type in some numbers.

 

"Well as for now, we aren't facing anything worst."

 

"Jess, that is a taboo word."

 

"No it's not. Plus.."

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

Tiffany glare at her sister before facing a man in black suit. She smile.

 

"Ms Jang sent us here to give the floor manager some files."

 

"Jang?"

 

The man looked at Tiffany and then back at Jessica. He rather felt unsatisfied with her answer.

 

"Which Jang?"

 

"Uhm, from technical department?"

 

"Jang is the new head department? I thought Min is still the head department?"

 

Jessica mentally cursed Tiffany for being careless. She shot her a look. Tiffany nods. Jessica look at the name on his ID.

 

"Well Mr Lee, I'm just following orders."

 

"Who are you anyway?"

 

"We're new here. Interns. Got the job 2 days ago."

 

"Really? I think I saw everyone already. I don't think I've seen you before."

 

Tiffany grab his neck from behind and shoved him down on the floor. He was about to scream when Jessica covered his mouth using a handkerchief. Soon the guy fell unconscious.

 

"That was close. Good thing Taeyeon gave us chloroform. I don't think we can make people shut up without hurting them."

 

"Too close."

 

"Next time Fany, let me do the talking."

 

"Sure."

 

They both drag the man into the broom closet. Tiffany took his ID card before closing the door.

 

"Hopefully his card got full access."

 

"Unni, we're in."

 

 

......

 

 

Taeyeon swipe his card and the fire staircase door open. He held it open for Hyoyeon and Yuri to enter before closing it.

 

"Let see the blueprint again."

 

Taeyeon took out his smartphone and tap on the blueprint file. Yuri point on a room.

 

"We are here. If we take this staircase, we can reach the top floor in no time."

 

"Why can't we just the elevators?"

 

"It is more safe to use this was Tae. Trust me on this. No one would believe 3 janitors inside an elevator going to the top floor."

 

"Okay. Lets get going."

 

Taeyeon keep his smartphone back and followed Hyoyeon and Yuri climbing the stairs. It might take a while before they reach the top.

 

 

.....

 

 

"Where the heck is the server room?"

 

Tiffany frustrated at their current situation. It seems the building itself had go a makeover just recently and the blueprint that Seohyun got is a bit backdated.

 

"Calm down. We'll find it."

 

Seohyun look at the blueprint again and sighed.

 

"Unnie, we are going around the same place again. Maybe we should asked around."

 

"Hyun, people would suspect us if we go around asking for the server room."

 

Jessica sighed and looked around. They are currenlty in some human resource department.

 

"Wait here. I'll get what we need."

 

"What are you trying to do Jess?"

 

"Don't worry. I'll be back. Just keep doing something to distract people around."

 

Jessica her blazer and gave it to Seohyun. Tiffany raised her eyebrows. She somehow had an idea of what Jessica want to do. Jessica then her second and third shirt buttons. She walked towards the worker pantry. She saw a guy making a coffee. Slowly she got in and without his knowledge, she close the door. Jessica pretends to get some coffee. Just like she wanted, the guy was watching her.

 

"Hi. You're new here?"

 

Jessica made an annoyed face before facing him and smile.

 

"Yeah. I'm an intern and they transfered me from receptionist."

 

"Ah. I'm Tyler."

 

"Jessica. You can call me Jessica."

 

Tyler saw Jessica trying to get the coffee so he took the opportunity and help her.

 

"Girl as beautiful as you should be help."

 

He grins and took the cup before placing it on the table. Jessica just smile.

 

"So nice of you. Thank you."

 

"My pleasure. Here, sit down."

 

Jessica do as he says and take a sip of her coffee. She likes coffee a lot but now pouring the hot coffee on his face felt more logic.

 

"So what are you doing later Jessica?"

 

'Already on hunt? Typical player.'

 

"Mr Lee sent me to get some document. But I could use some help."

 

She smile seductively. Tyler grins even more. Jessica another button. She saw him looking at him.

 

'I'm so going to regret this.'

 

Jessica stood up but Tylet held her wrist.

 

"You know, I can help you with that."

 

He slowly guided her towards the wall trapping Jessica in between. Jessica place her palm on his chest still with that seductive smile plastered.

 

"Not in here. People might heard. The last thing I want is to lose my internship. Somewhere else?"

 

Tyler used his thumb tracing her jaw. Jessica felt like kicking him right now. But mission is far more important.

 

"Where do you have in mind?"

 

"Hrm, server room? No one go there."

 

The smirk that he had on his face made Jessica smile even more.

 

"Server room then."

 

 

.....

 

 

 

Tiffany and Seohyun saw Jessica and a guy exit the pabtry heading in a different way from them.

 

"That was fast. Some guys are too erted. Come on Hyun."

 

 

.....

 

 

 

The trio finally reach the top floor. They were slightly tired but nothibg to be worried about. Taeyeon took a peak from the small glass and when he was sure that no one around, he swipe his card. The door open for them.

 

"So far, Seohyun did a really good job."

 

"She's the best hacker. I guess it runs in the family."

 

Yuri got out first followed by Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. They slowly moved while sweeping and mopping the floor. Well, they still a janitor.

 

"Bingo."

 

Hyoyeon pointed on the door just a few feet away.

 

"Archive. Nice Hyo."

 

"My eyes never fail me."

 

Taeyeon used his card one last time and the door opens. They got inside and closed the door. Once they turned around, Yuri jaw almost fell on the floor while Taeyeon eyea widen. Hyoyeon rub her temple. There were more than hundred shelves. Which one is the right one?

 

"This might take a while."

 

Taeyeon sighed at Yuri statement.

 

"Come on you two. We have work to do."

 

The three of them go separate ways. Just one big data is enough to expose The Resistance.

 

 

....

 

 

Tyler unlocked the door using his ID. When he turn around, he saw two more girls standing not too far from them. He looked at Jessica.

 

"You brought friends? The more the merrier."

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and grab his arm pushing him towards the wall with his face on the wall. He groans. She twist his arm behind him making him groan even more.

 

"I'll call security!"

 

Jessica smirks and lean towards his ear.

 

"I won't have with you even if you the last guy on earth."

 

She twist his arm even more. Tyler almost shouted in pain but he couldn't when he suddenly collapse. Tiffany shot a tranq bullet at him. Jessica gave her a look displease. Tiffany put away her gun.

 

"Don't give me that look. We can't kill him even if he's a douche bag. Yuri will kill me if he knew you just pulled that trick."

 

"What? and erted man is easy to manipulate."

 

Tiffany just laughed. Seohyun got in first and the two followed suit. Once inside, Seohyun took out his smartphone. Tiffany eyed her.

 

"Do me proud Hyun. 5 more minutes and we'll be in touch with Bravo 1"

 

 

…..

 

 

Yuri felt something along the rows of shelves. As if something pulling him towards the end of the shelves. He slowly walked towards it and soon finding himself in front of box. He pulled it out and place it down on the floor. The box was full of dust. He wipe the dust off and saw something written on top of the box.

 

“Project 9?”

 

He open the box and inside, there were some files look like been ages inside the box. He pulled one out and flip it open. His eyes widen.

 

“Dad?”

 

It was a file with Kwon Taewoo name. Yuri flip the first page and saw his father biography inside. Captain Kwon Taewoo, former Korean Navy; deceased. Yuri flip another page and then a picture drop. He took it and saw a bunch of people along with his father and mother taking picture together.

 

“Mom? What is this?”

 

He placed down the file and took another one. Im Seulong.

 

“Yoong’s brother? GUYS! COME HERE!”

Seconds later, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon finally came to him. Taeyeon rather confused as why Yuri look a little pale.

 

“Yul? What’s wrong?”

 

Yuri looked up and gave Taeyeon a file. Taeyeon look confuse but accept it nonetheless. He flip it open and saw the name he had almost forgotten. Kim Byung Man. He look at Yuri.

 

“Why is my father file in here?”

 

“That’s not it Taeng.”

 

Yuri gave Hyoyeon a brown file. Hyoyeon pick it up and flip open. Kim Hye Sun; her own mother.

 

“What is the meaning of this Yuri?”

 

Yuri looked at both of them.

 

“My father, my mother, your dad Taeng, your mother Hyo, Jung and Hwang, Yoong brother Im Seulong, Sooyoung father, Colonel Lee and Seohyun mother files are all in here marked under name of Project 9. What the heck is Project 9?”

 

Hyoyeon kneel down and rummage through the box. Taeyeon rendered speechless. Why is their parents profile in inside The Resistance archive? Hyoyeon finally pulled a pale blue file. She flip it open. He eyes widen even more.

 

“Project 9. 15 years ago, 10 individuals are put together as a team to start a project finance by a private group. It was declare as classified with level 10 clearance. This project was named project 9.”

 

Taeyeon shook his head. He remembers that his father died in a laboratory outside Jeju. The lab where he worked blow up and destroyed everything. He was told that there were some gas leakage that resulted the explosion.

 

“No way. My dad died in an explosion! There were no secrecy!”

 

“Taeyeon, project 9…it’s a…”

 

“Is a what?!”

 

“Project 9 was a series of test of what inside of blackbox.”

 

Yuri bite back his lips. Taeyeon took the file from Hyoyeon and reread everything. He then looked at Yuri.

 

“Our parents, they had already open the blackbox. They knew what was inside! They were a part of The Resistance!”

 

That was the final blow. Taeyeon felt everything in his life was a set up. Even his own father was a part of this. Not just him, everyone else too.

 

“I don’t know what is right and what is wrong anymore. I thought we were fighting for a good deed. I thought…”

 

Hyoyeon slowly stood up. Both Taeyeon and Yuri saw her eyes b with tears. She refused to believe any of this.

 

“No. I don’t believe this. I don’t believe it! Our parents won’t do something like this!”

 

“But Hyo! You read it yourself! They are all a part of The Resistance!”

 

“NO! We can still get an answer!”

 

“But from who?! No one is alive to tell us anything!”

 

“Seohyun parents. If her mother was a part of this project, she can give answer. We just need to get to her.”

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Tiffany, Jessica and Seohyun look at each other. Seohyun had turned the communication on earlier and they heard everything. Every single words.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“Seohyun? Y-You guys heard us?”

 

“Yes.”

 

They stop doing whatever they are doing. Tiffany take a deep breath.

 

“Tae, my parents name are there too?”

 

It was silence. Jessica held her breath. She heard him saying Hwang and Jung earlier. But like Tiffany, Jessica needed a confirmation.

 

“Yes Fany. Your parents are here too.”

 

Tiffany shook her head. The risk they took today was useless. Reality sink in and she knew they are hopeless.

 

“What is going on Jess? Why is Daddy and Mommy involve in this?!”

 

Tiffany was practically screaming. All this while she had believe that her parents are everything to her. They were her hero. She and Jessica had to endure life without their parents and now learning of this new knowledge, she wonder if there is any truth in their life. Jessica can’t even answer her. She herself had no answer to her question.

 

“Fany, listen. We have to abort mission. Let’s regroup and brainstorm again. We can figure this out.”

 

Taeyeon voice sounds a bit shaken. Seohyun pulled out her smartphone.

 

“We……..abort……..okay…”

 

“Taeyeon? We can’t hear you?!”

 

Jessica looked at Seohyun.

 

“Hyun, what happen?!”

 

Seohyun starts to panic.

 

“Someone is hacking into my system! We’re losing radio contact!”

 

“What?!”

 

“Fany! 2 blackhawk are coming to Mediacorp and Trade Tower! Get out!”

 

“Sunny! Can you take them down?!”

 

“I can try but you have to get out of there!”

 

“Sunny!”

 

It was silence.

 

“Hyun?!”

 

“We lost contact. They had intercept our radio wave.”

 

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Hyesung stood in front of the window glass staring back to the city. He was beyond anger.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Here.”

 

Taecyeon place some photograph in front of Hyesung. He sighed and take a look at it. He then looks back at Taecyeon.

 

“When did this happen?”

 

“The same day Yoong came and handed you the sixth element keys. Choi Sooyoung was working for him.”

 

“That bastard. He betrayed me. He thought he was a step further than me?”

 

Taecyeon sneer unhappy.

 

“He was the reason why my ops team are dead. His team members are still alive. We managed to capture one of their allies. Through him, we got a full detail on their next move.”

 

“What are they up too?”

 

“They are planning on attacking headquarters and Mediacorp.”

 

Hyesung stood up.

 

“Fine. If Yoong want to play, we’ll play his game. Assemble a tactical team and intercept them. I want them ALIVE.”

 

“What is your plan after capturing them?”

 

“I’ll used them to lure Yoong out and trade their life with the final key.”

 

Taecyeon looks displease.

 

“You’re going to let them live?”

 

Hyesung smirks.

 

“I’ll kill them one by one in front of him.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Hyesung pulled out his phone and dial Taecyeon number.

 

“Commence attack.”

 

He ended the call and smirks.

 

“You shouldn’t have played around with me Yoong.”

 

 

…..

 

 

Sunny fired on the choppers coming towards the two buildings. She somehow knew they had a dead communication again. She looked down towards the IFI building and saw Eun Soh team had start their attack on IFI. That will buy Sunny more time. She keep on firing towards the tail.

 

“Come on!”

 

Her shot hit her target. The first blackhwak lose balance and fire erupts from the tail. She managed to take one down. Sunny focus on her next target without even realise another sniper had already spotted her. He was ready to pull his trigger and kill Sunny. But he missed when someone came from behind Sunny and grab her away hiding behind a wall. The sniper groans unsatisfied for missing his target.

 

Sunny felt her body press on the wall and someone is holding onto her. She opened her eyes and saw the face that she miss the most.

 

“Soo?”

 

“Hey Sunny. Sorry I’m late.”

 

“You’re alive? Really?”

 

Sooyoung just smile when Sunny place her hand on his face feeling around.

 

“Yeah I’m still alive. I try looking around for you. That’s why I’m late.”

 

Sunny didn’t answer but pulled him in for a hug. She didn’t care anymore of her situation. She just happy that Sooyoung is back and alive.

 

“I missed you Soo.”

 

“Me too. I missed you so much.”

 

Sooyoung pulled away and smile even more. But then reality sink in. He frown.

 

“Where are the others?”

 

Sunny eyes widen. She totally almost forgot about them.

 

“I lost radio contact with them! They are in Mediacorp and Trade Tower. We have to get them out of there!”

 

Sunny try to get back to her rifle but Sooyoung pulled her back behind.

 

“We have to help them Soo!”

 

“I know but I spotted 2 sniper watching from North. We go out and they will kill us.”

 

“What? No one knew of this attack!”

 

“Sunny, your plan has back fired. We have to go now!”

 

“What about the rest?!”

 

Sooyoung pulled out his gun.

 

“I’m not a good tactical soldier but I’m willing to go in and save them. You want to follow?”

 

“Let’s go.”