She and he

REVENGE

Thanks for commenting! This update is a congratulation gift for SNSD winning the best female group. ENJOY

 

 

Taeyeon stood next to the window. He looked rather out of himself. Spacing out staring out of the window. It have been 5 days since Jessica accident. He and Tiffany had been visiting her and Yoong everyday. Come to think of it, it have been 3 days too since Hyoyeon introduce Yuri to everyone. No matter how much he want to deny it, Taeyeon couldn't accept the fact that the new Yuri wasn't the same Yuri he knew. He sighed.

 

"Are you really not the Yuri I've become bestfriend with?"

 

Taeyeon wasn't even sure of anything anymore. This Yuri doesn't knew any of them. Either he was a good actor or he really just someone who look and named as his late bestfriend. But then Yuri is good in deceiving people in mission. That's no doubt of it.

 

"Who are you?"

 

He closed his eyes remembering the event happen 3 days ago.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"I'm sorry but I'm not your late friend."

 

Tiffany slaps his cheek again ignoring the presence of Sooyoung and Sunny. It took Taeyeon great strength to try and held the rage girl. Yuri looked at her.

 

"Lieutenant Hwang, I'm really not this friend of yours or anyone here. I wasn't here for 6 years. I'm not who you expect me to be."

 

"YOU LIE! YOU DID THIS TO HURT JESS RIGHT?!"

 

Another slap. Yuri face slighlt turn facing the right. Taeyeon finally got hold of the struggling Tiffany and pulled her away from Yuri. It will be easier if Hyoyeon was here but she left as soon as the introduction ends.

 

"1st Lieutenant Kim, I suggest you hold your wife. She's getting too emotional."

 

Taeyeon turn to face Yuri. His face was unreadable. Taeyeon scoffed.

 

"She's right. This isn't coincidence anymore. Who are you really are?"

 

He saw the tan guy sighed but in a calm manner. Taeyeon can read people through their character but he can't read this person behaviour. He masked himself well.

 

"I'm sorry but I'm not him. I have to go."

 

Once Yuri left, Tiffany collapsed in Taeyeon arms sobbing onto his chest. Sunny and Sooyoung could only watch. They were just as confused as the other two. Taeyeon held her tight, whispering encouraging words but deep inside he knew what she felt; confused and hurt.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

"Taengoo? What are you doing here?"

 

Taeyeon snapped out of his trance and turned around. There stood Jessica looking at him worriedly. He smile.

 

"I just need some fresh air. Where's Fany?"

 

"She's currently nagging at Yoong for not taking care me well."

 

Taeyeon laughed.

 

"Yoong might fainted soon."

 

Jessica chuckled and hook her arms around his.

 

"How's everyone at IFI? I miss working."

 

She pouted cutely without noticing Taeyeon face turn pale. He remebered the promised that he, Tiffany, Sooyoung, Seohyun and Sunny made before. Don't tell jessica about Yuri or anything related about him.

 

"Everyone miss you Sica. So get healthy soon and you can start working anyday."

 

Jessica nod happily. Taeyeon just smiled and lead them back to her ward, well Yoong and Jessica ward. Inside, they can hear how loud Tiffany was.

 

"So Yoong, don't hurt my sister, understood?"

 

Jessica and Taeyeon chuckle when they saw Yoong at the end of the bed holding on his blanket intimidated by Tiffany presence. When he saw Jessica, he quickly scattered towards her hiding behind her back.

 

"Baby, she's trying to eat me alive."

 

Taeyeon looks at Yoong.

 

"Baby? Really? You call Jessica baby?"

 

Yoong became more paranoid. Jessica glared at Taeyeon before taking Yoong hand and lead him back to his bed.

 

"Stop teasing him Taengoo! Fany, don't glate at my boyfriend."

 

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany could only laughed at her. Yoong sat down on the bed with his unwounded arm around Jesaica waist pulling the girl on his lap. He grin. Taeyeon rolled his eyes.

 

"He's pretending Sica. Look at his boyish grin."

 

Jessica just smile and hug him back. Tiffany suddenly felt awkward.

 

"Yah! Stop being sweet for god sake. Hayz. Visiting time almost end. We'll come again tomorrow okay Jess?"

 

Jessica let Yoong go and hug her sister. Taeyeon came towards her and hug her too before playfully push Yoong.

 

"Take care okay? Call me if anything."

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany left the ward and closed the door behind them. When they reach the elevator, Tiffany spoke first.

 

"TaeTae, doctor said that Jeasica and Yoong can leave the hospital in a few days. I'm worried."

 

Taeyeon wrapped his arm around her shoulder giving Tiffany a chance to rest her head on his chest.

 

"We'll be there with her. I promise."

 

.....

 

 

Yoong pulled Jessica towards him. Although they are oficially together, Tiffany doesn't make it easier for him. Taeyeon was cool about it but Tiffany always have this kind of glare just for him. He sighed almost silently. Jessica noticed it.

 

"Hey, what's wrong?"

 

"I think Tiffany hates me."

 

Jessica could only chuckles. He look cute when he pouts like that.

 

"No she's not. That is just her."

 

"Huh?"

 

Jessica leans on his shoulder. She got to admit, Yoong shoulder somehow comfortable.

 

"That is just Tiffany. She's does that to everyone who try to get close to me."

 

Yoong gently run his palm along her side waist.

 

"Even Yuri?"

 

Jessica keep her silence. That name, how come it is hard to forget it? She doesn't want to hurt Yoong with the silence reply so she changed the topic.

 

"Doctor Song said we can get out in a few days."

 

Yoong felt a tinge of hurt when Jessica didn't answer him. Is Yuri still own her heart?

 

"Sica, can I ask you something?"

 

Jessica nods her head.

 

"Are you s-still in love with...Yuri?"

 

She knew he would asked her that question. Their relationship isn't even a week yet but she knew Yoong was desperate to get the answer.

 

"I-I do."

 

Yoong slowly smile hiding the sadness inside.

 

"It's okay Sica. I can wait. Plus we're not even a week yet. I understand."

 

Jessica tighten her hug around his waist ignoring the bruises on her body from the accident. Yoong just pat her head gesturing her that it was okay for him.

 

 

.....

 

 

Yuri walked down the street holding a bottle of drinking water. He was just taking a stroll down the Seoul land. How long has it been since he got the freedom to walk like this? Reminiscing some old memories he had, Yuri just thankful. But just like Hyoyeon said, he still need to ve cautious. Some old enemies might resurface.

 

"This is nice."

 

Unknown to him, someone was tailing behind him watching his every movement. Yuri turn left into another street. He keep on walking until he bumped into a kid not more than 6 years old. He quickly catch the boy before he fall.

 

"Hey, are you okay?"

 

The little boy nods his head but Yuri cn see his eyes glistering with tears so he knelt down making sure that he was at the little boy eye level. Yuri took out some candy he bought from the convinient store. He gave it to the boy.

 

"Here, don't cry okay?"

 

The boy look reluctant to take it but Yuri gently held his hand and place the candies inside his palm.

 

"Don't worry. I am not a bad person. Where's your mom?"

 

As que, a middle age woman came running towards Yuri. She looks worried. Yuri stood up.

 

"Is this your mother?"

 

The boy couldn't hide his smile and hug the woman. She pick him up and bow towards Yuri.

 

"Thank you! I was worried where my boy is. Thank you."

 

Yuri just smile at her and gently pat the boy head. The woman smile back and walk away. Yuri just watch her disappear.

 

"Sergeant Lee, it's not good stalking on people."

 

Yes it was Sunny. She had been following him since earlier. Sunny calmly reveal herself. Yuri just smile.

 

"I'll pretend that you're not following me. Want to join me for coffee?"

 

"If you're paying for it."

 

"Come on."

 

 

.....

 

 

 

"So Sergeant Lee, why are following me?"

 

Sunny took a sip of her beverage.

 

"Just to make sure of something."

 

"Really? Can I ask what?"

 

Sunny notice how familiar that smile is but she kept it inside the obvious question. Not now.

 

"That is for me to know and for you to find it yourself Lieutenant."

 

"Yuri. Called me Yuri."

 

"Then it's Sunny for me."

 

Yuri nods and munch on his 6 inch sandwich. Sunny laugh when she saw kecthup smudge on his lips.

 

"Why are you laughing?"

 

Pointing at his lips, she said "You such a kid."

 

Yuri wipe it away uaing the back of his hand.

 

"No more?"

 

She smile and drink her ice tea. Yuri finally finish eating when he stuff the whole length into his mouth.

 

"Yah, eat slowly."

 

"I'm hungry."

 

"What? They don't serve sandwich in France?"

 

"Is not the same as local food."

 

"Sandwish isn't really a local food. Sandwich remind you of someone?"

 

Sunny watch as Yuri froze.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"I'm home. Sica?"

 

Yuri put away his jacket and stroll upstairs. He peeked inside the room.

 

"Sica?"

 

But there was no one. Yuri go downstairs again. He mentally smacked his head.

 

"I should have check the kitchen first."

 

He walk towards the kitchen and then saw Jessica totally focus in mixing tuna and mayonaise. He smile.

 

"Baby?"

 

Jessica was too focused to noticed Yuri presence inchies behind her. He quietly wrapped his arm around her waist shocking Jessica. Jessica who is in shock elbowed him on his stomach before force the fork she's been holding just below his chin. Yuri gulped mentally reminding himself never ever do that again.

 

"Yul?"

 

"Hi baby. Erm, can you put that fork away?"

 

Jessica just noticed their situation. She quickly put away the fork.

 

"Sorry! Why did you sneak in like that? Thank god I didn't stab you with it."

 

Yuri just chuckle nervously. He could never imagine himself die stabbed by a fork. Jessica turn around and refocused on her mixing. Yuri put his arms around her waist once again. He placed his chin on her shoulder looking down.

 

"Baby, what is that?"

 

"I'm making sandwiches. Mayo and tuna. You'll like it."

 

Yuri could just only smile looking at the thick mix of tuna and mayo. Can that be eaten? He sure hope so.

 

"I'm sure it will be my favourite."

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

"Yuri? Hey. Yuri!"

 

Yuri woke up from his trance. He smile awkwardly.

 

"You froze on spot Yuri. Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah. I"m fine. I-I forgot I have something to do today. I'll see you around."

 

Yuri quickly left the cafe leaving Sunny alone. Sunny watch he disappear around the corner.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Sunny never like military before. But since her father was an ex patriot that fight in a civil war, everyone put a high expectation for her to be the same. She struggle everyday keeping up with everyone.

 

Sunny climb the monkey bar with pounds of heavy stone behind her. She had to carry it because she's the newbie. Sunny hates it.

 

"Hey maggot! Pulled yourself up or more punishment!"

 

Sunny was at her limit. She falls into the muddy pool. The other cadets laughed at her while her officer in command sneer.

 

"I told you to not fall! You like the mud huh?! Stay there until dinner! Everyone else follow me!"

 

When everyone left, Sunny finally let her tears fall. Was it her fault that she doesn't want to be here.

 

"Hey, maggot! Here!"

 

Sunny turn to the voice and saw a boy grinning at her. He held his hand out for her.

 

"I'm a maggot too so don't worry."

 

Yuri pulled Sunny out from the muddy pool. He help her with the bag.

 

"I'll help you with that."

 

"Why are you helping me?"

 

Yuri smile.

 

"We maggot help each other including you."

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Sunny smile.

 

"I’ll find the truth."

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

4 days later

 

 

 

Hyoyeon read a brown file that she just received earlier. She sighed in frustration. It hard to get a week of vacation if you are one of the member elites especially officer in command. With 2 of her team members just been released from hospital, the superiors just shove this case to her.

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

“Captain Kim, I want you to prepare your team.”

 

Hyoyeon was shocked to hear it. She’s lack of team members due to injuries.

 

“Permission to speak sir.”

 

All the higher ups look at her. One with a gray hair nod his head.

 

“I don’t think my team can proceed with this mission.”

 

“And why is that Captain?”

 

“Private Im is still mending to his broken collarbone. Lieutenant Jung just got out from hospital last night. Plus, Lieutenant Kwon is not yet ready for any mission. I can’t go in a mission with lacks of team members.”

One of the Colonel stood up. Hyoyeon dare herself to look at him.

 

“Jessica Jung is healthy enough for any mission and I don’t see how someone like Kwon Yuri isn’t capable of completing a mission given.Replace Im Yoong position with Seo Hyun. She’s capable as a sub.”

 

“But...”

 

“Do I have to tell you what is your job Captain?”

 

Hyoyeon clenched her fist. But there’s no way she can argue anymore.

 

“Understood sir.”

 

“Good. I want good result Captain Kim.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

How much of burden they tend to make her carry? She knew some of them might objected this order but she had no choice. Her team internal problems aren’t even settle yet especially Yuri and Jessica. What a headache. Taeyeon pick up her phone and dial a number.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Seo Hyun. I need you to gather everyone today at 1300.”

 

“Everyone unnie? Including Sica unnie and Yoong?”

 

“Yes, everyone Seo. I’ll see you at 1300 inisde the briefing room.”

 

 

Hyoyeon ends the call. She dial another number. Once the receiver pick up the call, Hyoyeon didn’t even greets.

 

“Heads up. Don’t hurt Jessica.”

 

 

.....

 

 

“Heads up. Don’t hurt Jessica.”

 

Yuri didn’t have to know why Hyoyeon said so. Even though Jessica and Yoong were realeased 2 days ago, both of them are still resting at home. Yuri currently stood on a hill 500 metres away from Jessica house watching the blonde since she left the hospital.

 

“I guess it’s time for us to meet. I’m sorry Sica.”

 

 

 

.....

 

 

Taeyeon fidget on his seat keep glancing towards Jessica and Yoong. Tiffany who is sitting next to him was more obvious. Hyoyeon order came last night and both Tiffany and Taeyeon are worried when Jessica, Yoong and Yuri finally meet.

 

“TaeTae, what is Hyoyeon doing? Jess is not ready to see him.”

 

“I know. But knowing Hyo, I bet she’s desperate for something.”

 

Tiffany sighed. She watched Jessica and Yoong joking and laughing together. She is smile more nowadays and it made Tiffany happy. She doesn’t want Yuri presence robbed that smile away.

 

“I’m worried.”

 

Taeyeon held her hand and gently caresses it.

 

“I told you before that we will be with her. We just have to.”

 

Tiffany nod reluctantly. You have no idea how much she want to grab Jessica away from here and drag her home. Dragged her away before she saw Yuri.

 

The door flung open and came in Yuri walking inside. Since Jessica back was facing the door, she didn’t saw him but Yoong did. His eyes widen in surprise.

 

“I-It can’t b-be.”

 

Jessica saw Yoong pale and shocking face as seem he saw a ghost. Slowly she turn around but before Tiffany can stop her, she saw the face that Yoong just saw earlier. If Yoong was pale, Jessica look in daze. Taeyeon is ready to react if anything happen. Sunny and Sooyoung are ready too if anything happen. While Yuri keep his blank face.

 

Without saying a word, Jessica slowly stand up and walk towards Yuri with her eyes looking at his. Yuri stop moving and let Jessica came to him. Once she stood in front of him, Jessica slowly lift her hand and cup his face. How much she miss that face?

 

“S-Seobang. I-Is that y-you?”

 

The warmth from her hands is something that he had been dreaming everyday. It felt like 3 years of frustration without her by his side washed away. Yuri was almost melting inside. He briefly close his eyes savouring it even just for a second. Everyone around them watch in silence. When Yuri open his eyes, he saw tears rolling down her cheek. It hurt him watching her like this.

 

‘I love you, Sica.’

 

Yuri gently pry away her hand from him. He bottle up his emotion inside and flash his familiar smile.

 

“You must be Lieutenant Jung. I’m Yuri, Kwon Yuri. The new recruit.”

 

Jessica was beyond shock. Yuri self introduction left her confused. As if Yuri doesn’t know her.

 

 “It’s me, Jessica! You don’t remember me?”

 

Jessica was half pleading at him. It broke Yuri heart even more. He was in verge of crying. How come their reunion turn out to be like this? Yuri let go of her hands and force his leg to take a step away from Jessica.

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t know you. I just came back from France after 6 years. You can’t possibly know me.”

 

“NO!”

 

Jessica envelope him in a hug. she lost Yuri before, but this time she’s going to held on him. She won’t lose him again. Tiffany sobs silently watching her sister reaction. Taeyeon was more worried about Jessica but in all that midst, Sunny saw a glint of sadness in Yuri eyes before he step away from Jessica.

 

Yuri was lost. He have no idea how to pry the girl away anymore. If he pushed her away, he will hurt her. But if he let her clinging like this, he might give in. No, he can’t be soft now. Putting away his love for her, Yuri lightly pushed her.

 

“I don’t know you. I’m sorry.”

 

Jessica stumble back abit but Yoong was there to catch her. He was as confused as Jessica. This man looks like Yuri, share the name but didn’t remember them. Yoong engulfed her in his arm telling her that he’s here. Taeyeon pushed Yuri away while Tiffany stood in front of Yuri.

 

“Don’t hurt her!”

 

Jessica was crying hysterically with nothing Yoong said manage to calm her down. Sunny moves forward and held Yuri hand with Sooyoung just watching from behind.

 

“Fany, you can’t blame him for this. Please, you’re not making any sense.”

 

 “HE HURT MY SISTER!”

 

Taeyeon managed to grab Tiffany waist and prevent her from pulling her gun. Sunny gulped in fear. But despite that, Yuri eyes were only on Jessica looking at each other.

 

“Let’s go Yuri.”

 

Thanks to Sunny, before Yuri succumbed to his own emotions, she dragged her outside followed closely by Sooyoung. Sooyoung close the door behind him. Yuri had the urge to get back inside and be there for Jessica but he can’t. But before Sooyoung can utter anything, Hyoyeon already stood in front of them.

 

“What happen?”

 

Sunny sighed.

 

“Jessica saw Yuri and go hysterical. So I drag him out.”

 

Hyoyeon looks at Yuri and saw the guy sad eyes. She sighed.

 

“Tonight will be a long night.”