Betrayal

REVENGE

Happy brithday Lee Sunkyu..lol..hahaha..

 

 

"Jessica!"

 

Jessica didn't move. Her leg seems refusing her. She watch as the missile coming fast. It's like waiting she was waiting for her own death. She didn't know when or how when a pair of arms grab hold of her as she watch the missile go past her hitting the ground and explode. She was thrown back along with her saviour.

 

"Jessica!"

 

She felt pain on her left arm. Jessica hissed in pain when she tries moving her arm. The same pair of arms that save her help her up and pulled her with him hiding behind one of the crate. She looked up and saw Yuri focusing on the enemy ahead.

 

"Yuri?"

 

"Sica? You're okay?"

 

It was Yuri who save her. She felt his arm around her waist while his right arm holding onto his gun.

 

"I think I hurt my arm."

 

"Is it bad?"

 

When her eyes met Yuri, she knew how worried the tan guy is. She can't help but felt relief knowing Yuri is with her. Gently shaking her head she replies.

 

"It's not that bad. Yuri, it's Taecyeon. IFI sent him."

 

"Yeah, I heard his announcement. Sunny currently taking place on top of the roof. Hyoyeon is inside providing safety for Seohyun in case any of them got through. Eun Soh have her men surrounding the area."

 

"Do you have any extra gun for me?"

 

Yuri passed the extra gun he had with him. Jeasica pulled out the chamber.

 

"It's half loaded."

 

"Yeah, you can't miss."

 

Just a few metres away from them Tiffany and Taeyeon took cover behind a steel column. Tiffany seems to hit her head and bleeds while Taeyeon had a few cuts from the splinter causes by the explosion. Jessica grunt in pain when she used her left arm. Yuri look at her and quickly torn his sleeve. He used it to wrap the long cut on her arm to stop the bleeding.

 

"I'm fine Yul."

 

"This should stop the bleeding for a while."

 

Yuri then saw Taeyeon looking at him. He pointed towards the roof where Sunny is. His signal him not to open fire. Taeyeon just nod. Jessica look past the crate and saw Taecyeon men spreads out.

 

"They are spreading out."

 

"Hyo?"

 

Yuri talked into his walkir talkie. Since he was inside with Hyoyeon and Sunny, they managed to get their communication gear set up but only for the three of them.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"What's your plan again?"

 

"Eun Soh had her men covering the surrounding but I don't know if they are capable enough. We are facing one of the best sweep and clean tactical team. I'm transfering Seohyun into one of the basement. Hopefully they won't find her. Where's the others?"

 

"Jessica is with me. Tiffany and Taeyeon are just a few metres away. I think they both got hurt. Sica too."

 

"This is Sunny, I'm in position."

 

"Sunny, can you spot Yoong?"

 

Jessica bite her lips when Hyoyeon mention Yoong. She desperately hope that Yoong is around the area.

 

"I saw him just behind a tree a few feet away from my position."

 

She sighed in relief. Yuri saw she held her breath for a moment but soon sighing in relief. He felt a little bit sad knowing that Jessica still looking out for Yoong despite he was here and the one that save her.

 

'She didn't ask if I'm okay or not but worried about Yoong?'

 

"Okay everyone listen up. We can't rely on Eun Soh men. Our priority is to get out of this mess no matter what. I'll protect Seohyun. Yuri and Jessica, keep on running around and try to lure them out. Sunny, make sure you hit them. Taeyeon and Tiffany can provide protection for the three of you. I need Sunny to focus on taking them out. Yoong can help as our last defence. Eun Soh will be up stairs with you Sunny. She'll assist you. Yuri, relay this order to the others."

 

"Got it."

 

Yuri shove the radio into his back pocket.

 

"I have a bad feeling about this.“

 

Yuri looked up and suddenly the enemy open fire. He crouched lower.

 

"Taeyeon!"

 

Taeyeon firevtwo bullet before facing Yuri.

 

"What?!"

 

"I'll lure them out for Sunny. Cover me!"

 

"What?! It's dangerous!"

 

"We don't have a choice!"

 

"what about Sica?!"

 

"She injured her arm! She can help you!"

 

Yuri hissed in pain when he felt Jessica punch his shoulder. He looked at her and saw her glaring at him.

 

"You are not going to do this by yourself kwon Yuri."

 

Her tone sounded firm and serious. Another bullerbhit the crate making Yuri and Jessica crouch even lower.

 

"But Sica, you're injured. Stay here, ok?"

 

"I can run Yuri. So don't think of doing this alone."

 

Yuri sighed and gently cup her face.

 

"Sica, I can do this alone. Plus I have you. You got my back right?"

 

If this is Jessica Jung from 3 years ago, she would have said yes. But she's not the old Jessica. She had learnt her lesson.

 

"No. We're doing this together."

 

Yuri almost taken back by her seriousness. He took a deep breath and exhale loud enough for her to hear.

 

"Fine. We'll go opposite sides. Run until that three. That distance at least is good enough. Be careful okay and don't get shot."

 

Jessica just nod. They both looked at Taeyeon and saw the guy nod his head while Tiffany took her place for better view.

 

"On my count."

 

"No, on my count Yul. 1, 2..go!"

 

Yuri slowed his reaction for about a few second giving Jessica the head start. This tactic is dangerous for the first runner but even more dangerous for the second runner. The downfall of this tactic is the back up shooter might get too focus on saving the first runner and neglect the second runner. So Yuri decide he should be the second runner rather than going at the same time.

 

"Damn it."

 

Jessica ran in a zig zag pattern while randomly firing. She had to limit her bullet usage since it's half loaded. Taeyeon open fire on the left side while Tiffany took the right. The enemy on left and right movement had been limited leaving the center team in task of taking Jessica down. So they came out from bushes and trees exposing themselves for Sunny. Sunny took one by one. Yuri was just behind Jessica watching how the enemy shot down by Sunny. But his eyes caught on Taecyeon who is targeting at him. Yuri fired at him but Taecyeon has set sight at Yuri since the beginning. He's an expert tactical soldier. The moment he saw Jessica run, he had already read their plan. He fired his machine gun targeting Yuri.

 

"!"

 

But a bullet graze past his shoulder. It was Tiffany. He thought they had forgotten about Yuri. The bullet miss Yuri head by inchies. Yuri keep running behind Jessica while Sunny take as much as she can. Jessica jumped behind a tree with Yuri trailing behind. She supported him by firing twice towards the enemy. Yuri jumped behind and leans closer towards the tree.

 

"How many?"

 

Jessica took his walkie talkie and yelled through it. Yuri maintain firing.

 

"I got 4! I think Taeyeon and Tiffany got 2!"

 

"Keep firing! Rough guess, they had more than 20 men!"

 

But before Sunny can say anything, a loud explosion came from the training ground. Thick back smokes can be seen.

 

"Don't tell me they had men all over the island?!"

 

"Yuri! My men won't survive! They are too many of them!"

 

Eun Soh panic voice confirms Yuri suspicion. He looked at Jessica.

 

"They knew what they are doing. They know the layout of this island! We have a traitor in our team!"

 

Yuri was half screaming at her because of the loud gun fire and explosion. Jessica clutched on her revolver and looked around. Yoong are no where to be seen.

 

"It can't be Yoong!"

 

"He's not here Sica! He left as soon as we ran!"

 

Jessica wasn't even sure anymore. There's no way Sunny would have seen Yoong. She's too occupied fending the enemy away. She take one good look again but still there's no Yoong.

 

"It can't be."

 

 

.....

 

 

Yoong fire at one of Eun Soh men who lock the main house down. He died instantly. He entered the house and lock it from the inside. Yoong had already shut down the main power supply. He took a quick steps with one target in mind; Hyoyeon.

 

Yoong walked to wards the back and saw Hyoyeon helping the back soldier fending off the enemy. He smile and walked towards her. He pointed his gun on the back of her head.

 

"Give me your gun down."

 

Hyoyeon didn't do so but yoong nudge her back head ugung his gun. She slowly lifted her hands up. Yoong took her gun.

 

"Where's the element key?"

 

"So betrayed us for this Yoong?"

 

"Where is it?"

 

"I won't give it to you. I rather die than let you have it."

 

Yoong smirks while Hyoyeon slowly turned around but was force back again.

 

"You know, I had enough with you. Either you give it to me or I'll kill Seohyun. You choose Captain."

 

Hyoyeon body stiffened.

 

"Fine. I kept it in my bag."

 

"Good. Let's go get it."

 

Yoong force Hyoyeon to walk first. She just followed his order. Seohyun life is more important. They reached a room where hyoyeon kept her bag. She slowly her bag and took out a box. Yoong saw the key once she open the box.

 

"Handed it over."

 

Hyoyeon held it out for him. Yoong grab the key but Hyoyeon kick his knee cap making him groan in pain. He directed his gun towards her but Hyoyeon is even faster. She pushed him back ti the wall and grab his hand that is still holding the gun smashing it against the brickwall behind. The force was too much and he could feel his hand treamble in pain. He let go of the gun. Hyoyeon punch him before hook her arm around his neck pulling him downwards and kneed him straight to his face. Yoong felt his nose breaks.

 

He pushed her away and distance himself. He shake his head and felt blood coming from his nose.

 

"Did you forget that I'm the best fighter around, Yoong?"

 

Yoong couldn't answer when Hyoyeon charge towards him again sending blows after blows. He had to raise his arms to defence himself. Hyoyeon took it as a chance and kick his chest. He falls down. He used his arms again to defence himself again when Hyoyeon decide to stomp on him. He deflect her leg and quickly rolled away. He is breathing heavily. He was not even given a time to spare when Hyoyeon coming at him again. But he quickly pulled a handheld remote. Hyoyeon stop moving. Her eyes widen when she saw what is in his hand. Yoong chuckled.

 

"You know what this is, right? You want me to blow up Seohyun?"

 

" you."

 

"I would love it Hyo but I'm in a tight schedule. Move and I won't hesitate."

 

Yoong grab the element key. Hyoyeon eyed him.

 

"Why are you doing this?"

 

"Why?"

 

"We are your friends"

 

"Friends? Friends don't bail on each other! You and Yuri should have known! Now, turn around!"

 

Hyoyeon didn’t want to but there’s nothing she could do. Seohyun life depends on her actions. She slowly turned herself facing the other side. Yoong kept the key in his pocket and walked towards his gun. He picked it up and walked towards Hyoyeon.

 

“One day, you will realize why I have to do this.”

 

Yoong hit her at the back of her head. Hyoyeon falls on the floor unconscious.

 

 

…..

 

 

 

“I’m out of bullet!”

 

Sunny cries was the call that Jessica and Yuri doesn’t like. If she’s out of bullet that means they are at the verge of losing this battle.

 

“Damn it!”

 

“Fany! Me and Yuri are almost out!”

 

“Me too! Tae won’t last long either!”

 

Taeyeon keep on firing. More and more places are burned down. The island look like a big kind of fire showcase. They knew they had hit a lot but it seems they are still outnumbered. Tiffany hit another guy right on his head. She tries firing more rounds but her gun made a click noise.

 

“Tae! I’m out!”

 

“What?!”

 

“I’m out!”

 

Taeyeon turned around facing her and saw Tiffany pulls out the magazine out from the barrel. It’s empty. Taeyeon fire another bullet at another soldier. He then take cover and face Tiffany.

 

“I’m almost out. If my calculation is right, I have 3 or 4 left.”

 

“What should we do now? We’ll die if this goes on.”

 

“I know.”

 

He wave at Yuri and shook his head. Yuri knew Taeyeon is almost out too.

 

“Sunny! Are you seriously out of bullets?!”

 

“I’m not joking! Eun Soh even firing with handguns. There’s no more bullet!”

 

Yuri hissed in anger. He can’t let them win. Not when all of them are trapped here.

 

“Sica?”

 

Jessica turned towards him.

 

“I’m going to buy you some time. You have to escape from this island. Take the others with you.”

 

“NO!”

 

“Sica! Listen! We can’t win! They will kill us and the last thing I want is to get you killed!”

 

“And you don’t mind getting kill?!”

 

“My concern is your safety. Please, I beg you.”

 

Jessica shook her head.

 

“No. If you want to die, I’ll die with you. You have no idea how miserable I am when you left 3 years ago! It was never the same. So if you want to die, I’ll go with you. Don’t argue Kwon.”

 

Jessica fired her last bullet hitting another guy. He falls but someone else replace his position. She took cover once again and eyed Yuri.

 

“I can’t live while you’re dead. I just can’t.”

 

Yuri saw how determine she is. Those eyes. He knew he just lost the argument. So he nods his head. He turned towards Taeyeon and Tiffany.

 

“I’ll stay here with Sica and buy you guys some time! Sunny and Eun Soh will go with you! Leave this island!”

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and sighed. When would Yuri learn? He picked up a rock and threw it at Yuri. The tan guy quickly dodge it.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?!”

 

“We’re staying! I bet Sunny would too! No one get left behind, remember?!”

 

Yuri smile at his dorky gesture.

 

“Yeah no one.”

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

 

“We had control of this island! You are out of men and injured! Surrender yourself and I’ll stop firing!”

 

Taecyeon voice echoed around the island. He definitely used the biggest megaphone he can find. Taeyeon put away his gun. It’s empty already. He saw Yuri and Jessica shake their head. They are out too. Looking at the roof where Sunny is, he saw her putting down her rifle. She’s out too.

 

“Taeyeon.”

 

“It’s fine Fany. I won’t let them hurt you.”

 

“I’m not afraid of that. I just wish we had more time together.”

 

Taeyeon smile at her and pulled her for a brief and could possibly be the last hug.

 

“When all of this ends and if we make it out of here, I’m going to quit IFI.”

 

“We both will.”

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Yuri threw away his gun. He was frustrated. They had lost. The sacrifice he made for 3 years are nothing. He still going to lose. Jessica saw his frustration. She pulled him in for a hug.

 

“I’m just happy to have you by my side again, Yul.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Shh, it’s okay. At least now we get to be together.”

 

Yuri pulled away and looked at her.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Sunny and Eun Soh were thrown onto the beach sand. She groans in pain. Her apprehender kick her on her stomach.

 

“Hey! Stop it!”

Yuri try to get out from their grasp but instead, they kick his back knee making him kneed the floor. Taecyeon laughed.

 

“Not so strong now huh?”

 

He punched him on his face. The force of his punch send him on the beach sand. Taecyeon looked at Yuri and laughed even more. Taeyeon was puched on the floor by two men whie two of them got hold of Jessica and Tiffany. Taecyeon gestured his men to grab hold of Sunny and Eun Soh. Jessica was practically glaring at him.

 

“If I made it out of this alive, I’m going to kick your and cut you limb by limb.”

 

Taecyeon made his way towards Jessica and slap her. She ignores the pain and still glaring at him.

 

“Remember my face Taecyeon. The next time I see you, will be your last moment alive.”

 

“You are not in position to threaten me Jung.”

 

He slap her once more but stop when he saw someone coming out from the house. Jessica eyes widen in surprise as she saw Yoong walking towards them unharmed.

 

“Y-Yoong?”

 

“YOU !”

 

Taeyeon pushed himself up and was ready to attack Yoong but his apprehender had him oulled back and shove to the ground.

 

“I got the key already. We should go.”

 

“We still have to get Kim and Seo.”

 

“I killed them. No used to drag their bodies out.”

 

Tiffany tears rolled down her cheek. She used all her strength and pulled away from her apprehender charging towards Yoong. She landed a punch straight onto his face before three men got hold of her and shove her on the ground.

 

“Let her go you bastard!”

 

Taeyeon voice echoed. Yoong wipe away the blood from his cut lips. He didn’t say anything but watch as they beat Tiffany up.

 

“Stop it. She’ll die if you continue.”

 

The guys stop when Yoong command them. Tiffany wasn’t even moving anymore. Her body felt weak.

 

“Fany?!”

 

“Shut up Kim.”

 

Yoong ignored Taecyeon and proceed walking towards the already arrived chopper.

 

“WHY?”

 

He turned around when he heard Jessica voice.

 

“WHY?”

 

They shared a brief eye contact before Yoong walked away. Taecyeon followed suit and when he was on the chopper, he speak again.

 

“Once we leave, kill them and burn this place.”

 

 

 

……

 

 

 

Yoong sighed. Tears forming in his eyes. They are back at Seoul and he’s currently in his apartment. After giving the key away, he left Hyesung and go back to his apartment.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Someone suddenly sit down in front of him occupying the single seat. He looked up and saw him staring back.

 

“You manage?”

 

“Yeah. Don’t worry.”

 

“Good.”

 

The guy pulled out a box and place it on the table. Yoong opens it and saw the last and remaining element key.

 

“It took me a whole two days stalking out in woods. Not to mention getting shot at while staying in water.”

 

“Sorry to burden you.”

 

The guy stood up.

 

“I’m sorry for dragging you in.”

 

“It’s okay. We all have our own purpose, right?”

 

Yoong looked up and force a smile.

 

“Thanks, Sooyoung.”