Catch that rat

REVENGE

Thanks for all the lovely and encourage comments. Do enjoy this update.

 

 

Hyoyeon place down some pictures on the table. Stood next to her is Captain Razak. He had been keeping quiet since earlier. He let Hyoyeon handle her team or members.

“What is this Hyo?”

Taeyeon eyed Hyoyeon. She woke everyone up this morning and asked them to gather around in the living room. Hyoyeon signal at him to take the photos on the table. Taeyeon didn’t argue and do so. It was a photo of a ship in a middle of an ocean.

“A ship? I don’t get it.” Taeyeon passed the photo to Tiffany next to him.

“That is Memalic99. Anyone want to guess who the owner is?”

“Who?” Jessica was the first to ask. Hyoyeon could only smile. It wasn’t a leasing smile anyway.

“Alan Cecil.”

“God why does his name spell trouble to me?” Sunny wasn’t please hearing his name. That name other than Hyesung had been giving them trouble ever since.

“I know how frustrated it is these past few days. This is what I’m planning to do. When I finally finish talking, I let you guys decide whether to join me or not.”

Hyoyeon looked around giving time for the other to process what she had said. When she felt satisfied enough, she continued.

“Before IFI was ambush, Captain Razak and his team intercept a coded message from France. It contained a coordinate just outside South Korea beach. Two days ago, he received an intel form his friend in Malaysia. Alan Cecil ship was found lurking in the same area just like in the picture. My guess, the final key could be buried in the ocean. Other than this two intels, I have nothing to back up my suspicious on their activity.”

Jessica leans back on her chair. She didn’t even look at the picture.

“So what are you proposing Hyo?”

“I’m going there alone.”

“WHAT?”

Yuri stood up ignoring Hyoyeon eyes on him. Hyoyeon sighed.

“This is the only way. I am responsible for what had happen and it is my responsible to get things back the way it is.”

“I DON’T APPROVE THIS!”

“Yuri, I’m not going to argue with you. So please, I want you to understand. I need to do this.”

 “Hyo, Alan Cecil is a trap! Hyesung used it to lure us all out and ambush IFI!”

Yuri was beyond pissed. Jessica has never seen this side of him before. He was always calm unlike her; very cold.

“Hyo, Yuri is right. You said it yourself. You have nothing else to back up your theory. Perhaps maybe Alan Cecil wasn’t planning anything. If he does have something, won’t the government take actions?”

Yuri mentally thanked Jessica trying reasoning with Hyoyeon. Tiffany stood up.

“Hyo, as our leader I know you felt responsible and all but please don’t do it. I thought you gathered us all to discuss? I stand with Yuri and Jessica in this.”

“Sorry Hyo. I agree with my wife. This is not worth it.”

Hyoyeon looked back at Razak and sighed. She knew they won’t like her idea but what can she do? Someone have to go there and investigate. Sooyoung put down the picture. He was the last one holding it.

“Hyo, what kind of ship is this?”

Everyone attention now are on Sooyoung.

“It’s a bulk carriers. Why?”

“How long can a bulk carriers stay in one place?”

“It depends. If you docked you’ll given at least a week of land clearance. But if you’re not moving and stays in just one place, Sea patrols might come in to check.”

Hyoyeon watched as Sooyoung looked rather confused.

“What’s wrong Soo?”

“This picture was taken two days ago. I don’t think they are moving at all. Shouldn’t the Sea Patrol take action by now?”

“You’re right. Why didn’t them?”

Jessica gritted her teeth. She had an idea and she didn’t like it at all.

“No Sea patrols. No arrest. He got help from an inside person.”

“An inside job?”

Jessica slowly nodded as a reply to Seohyun question.

“Don’t you guys felt something is off? The timing on the attack on IFI, our mission, Hyoyeon house invasion and now this? It was too perfect. Which department is capable of pulling this stunt?”

Jessica explanation obviously points to one department. Sunny mumbles the name.

“Internal Force Investigation Bereau.”

“The deeper question; who sold us?”

Sooyoung looked around trying to read everyone gestured. He wanted to try and pin point anything that might give that person out. Just then his eyes caught something. It was a slight second of guilty. He clenched his fist.

‘It can’t be.’

“Let not focus on that. Do you have another plan other than killing your own self Hyo?”

Yoong voice finally heard. He was still silent since earlier. It wasn’t a shock to Jessica since she thought it have something to do with their breakup last night.

“I have but it’s a risk. If what Jessica said earlier was the truth, this could possibly be another trap to set us up. I can’t let you all down again.”

“But we won’t let you go by yourself. So spill.”

Hyoyeon was sure Sooyoung meant every word. She took a deep breath and calmed her breathing.

“We can take two RIBs; one from South and one from west. We stop before their radar. I’m sure Seohyun can handle that. We dive in the water and swim towards Memalic99. Boarding point will be towards life boat area. No one wanders there often. From there, we split into 3 groups.  Taeyeon, Tifany and Seohyun will be the investigation group. Me, Jessica and Yuri will back you up for safety. We try to take over the ship just in case. Yoong, Sooyoung and Sunny will be our eyes around the ship. Once Taeyeon group finally got everything, we go back into our RIBs and leave. “

“Tactically, that is a good plan Hyo but I’m sure they are waiting for intruders. Plus where the heck are we going to have a RIB?”

Tiffany had a point. They are lack with resources. They barely survive with a few guns in hand. If it wasn’t depends on circumstances, they would have been captured already.

“That I can help. I have two RIBs waiting in Jeju just outside Hyoyeon place. You can use that.”

Taeyeon wasn’t convinced. Even though Captain Razak can provide RIBs, how about equipments? This is a large scale mission; they need all supports they can get.

“You do realize we are lack in equipment Hyo. I only have one magazine for my M16A. I’m sure the others are either out of bullets or same as me.”

“I know Taeng. Captain Razak also going to provide us with firepower. Just tell him what you need. I’m sure he won’t hesitate to help.”

It sounded like a better plan. Hyoyeon was waiting for any inquires or objection.

“Let say Hyo, we fail this mission. What will be our escape plan?”

Hyoyeon look at Yuri and nods. Yuri stood up and faced everyone.

“If we fail, anyone who can leave MUST leave. Those that got captured will be on your own until midnight. We dispatch a rescue team at midnight. I’ll lead the team.”

Jessica shook her head displease with his idea.

“And who will be the member for you rescue team?”

Jessica was basically glaring at Yuri. Eun Soh stood up.

“I will.”

“No you won’t. Hyo and I are enough.”

“Yul, let me help you. Plus you and Hyo will have your hands full. Let me help.”

“Eun Soh, I said no. I can handle this with Hyo. If this mission fails, it is our responsibility to make it right.”

The atmosphere became silent. Everyone focus are directed towards Eun Soh and Yuri. Tiffany nudges Jessica.

“I think Eun Soh like Yuri. You got yourself a competitor.”

“Shut up Fany.”

“What? Look at them. Eun Soh definitely has eyes on Yuri. She practically wants to die with him.”

Jessica glared at her sister. Tiffany looked innocently at her ignoring the stabbing piercing Jessica giving her.

“No she won’t.”

She stood up shocking everyone including Yuri and Eun Soh.

“I’ll go. I have the skills and experience for this type of rescue mission.”

“Sica...”

Jessica ignored Yuri and turned looking at Eun Soh.

“You should stay here. You’ll only be a liability to them if you go. I can handle this.”

Jessica then turned and faced Yuri.

“And don’t try and stop me. I’m more than capable. If you proceed with this, I’m in. Or you can forget about going at all. Understand Kwon?”

Yuri wants to argue but looking how stern Jessica is, he let it be. If he fail stopping her way before, how can he stops her now? Hyoyeon cleared getting back all the attention.

“Ermm, I guess it’s decided then? Get your equipment ready. We’ll leave at 1300 hours.”

 

 

......

 

 

“Why are you like this?!”

“WHAT?”

“Jessica! You can’t do this! It’s too dangerous!”

“So it’s not dangerous when it’s you who go?!”

Yuri palms his face. He’s angry with Jessica. He can’t say it earlier worrying about other reactions but he can’t keep it inside anymore. So he bursts his frustration at Jessica. But she fights back.

“I don’t want you to get hurt!”

“Why?!”

“W-What?”

“I SAID WHY?!”

Yuri couldn’t fight back. He was completely in silence. They had been shouting at each other. Thank fully everyone are inside and decided not to get involved with them outside.

“I said why Yuri? You don’t own me anymore. So why?!”

“Because..I..”

“Why?”

Jessica spoke in a calm manner. She held his hand. She was sure whatever Yuri might say later, she’ll accept it.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“I’m sorry.”

Jessica just looks at Yoong when the guy took a juice out from the refrigerator. She saw how sad the guy is especially after they broke up last night. She told herself to avoid Yoong at all cost but here they are in the kitchen feeling somewhat different.

“For what?”

“For not being a good boyfriend.”

Yoong leans back on the kitchen counter while playing with his juice bottle. Jessica bites her lips. How does he want her to react? That she fell sorry too?

“It’s not your fault Yoong.”

“Then why are we breaking up? I know I said it last night but can you give me one more chance?”

Jessica sighed. She knew he was going to be like this.

“Yoong we can’t.”

“I don’t see why? One more chance Sica.”

“Would you be fine dating me knowing full well that my fiancée is still alive?”

“3 years ago he left you Sica. I was the one who stands with you all this while. I deserve so much more!”

Yoong harshly grabs her hand. Jessica winced in pain. But before he can do anything, Taeyeon pushed him away from her.

“What are you doing?!”

Yoong was shoved away by Taeyeon. Taeyeon then pulled Jessica behind him. He’s eyes were red angered finding Yoong hurting Jessica.

“Stay away from Jessica, understand?”

Yoong sneered unhappy and left the kitchen. Taeyeon turned around and attend to her wrist.

“Why is he hurting you?”

“I’m fine Tae. It’s okay. It was my fault too.”

 “He still doesn’t have the rights to hurt you.”

“Tae, I’m okay. Can we not talk about this?”

“Fine. I have no idea what had happen but stay away from him in the mean time. Agree?”

Jessica nods and Taeyeon can only pat her back. He was about to exit the kitchen but stops.

“Before I forgot, Yuri talked to me yesterday about you.”

“What about me?”

“He said he still loves you.”

Taeyeon revelation shocked Jessica. She was certain she didn’t expect it.

“Whatever you do Sica, think about it. I don’t want go through those 3 years of pain watching you suffer. I’m not going to go through that again.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Jessica waits for Yuri to say anything but the guy refused. She let his hand go and turned around.

‘Don’t let her leave.’

Yuri tightened his fist. What should he do? Let her go? Stop her? Yuri walked towards Jessica and hugged her from the back. He wrapped his arm around her waist and placed his chin on her shoulder.

“I never left you. That 3 years, I always beside you watching you. I never really left. My heart aches every time you cry. I never go to sleep before you. I was just watching you from the roof top beside our apartment. When you and Yoong...that night...I was there. I watch everything Sica. It hurts so much but I couldn’t blame anyone other than myself. I was supposed to let you go but my heart refused it. It longed for you. I was never away. I never stop loving you.”

Jessica tears rolling down her cheek listening to his confession. She held his hand with hers and leans back engulfing his warmth. It felt just right. Yuri tightened his arm around her waist telling her how much he missed her.

“Then don’t. Don’t stop. Don’t run away anymore. If you love me, don’t keep me away.”

She spoke trying so hard holding the tears from rolling even more. Yuri gently shook his head. Called him selfish but he won’t let go anymore.

“I won’t. I promise. I love you.”

Jessica gently pried his arm away and turned around facing him. He cupped her face wiping her tears using his thumb. She smiled and placed her hand on top of his.

“Keep you promise Yul.”

Yuri smile and leans in. It wasn’t their first kiss but he will definitely make sure it won’t be their last.

 

.....

 

Yoong punched the tree with his fist. Blood was starting to form on his knuckles. He saw everything. He walked out trying to clear his mind but ended up watching a scene he never wished for.

“I’ll make you regret Yul.”

Yoong took out his phone. It was a secret phone that he kept from everyone else. He punched in some numbers and saw the phone lighten up. Yoong scrolled down the contact list and tap a name.

“Hello?”

“They are coming. Be prepared.”

“I thought you can handle them Yoong.”

“It got out of hands. They knew about Memalic99.”

“What time?”

“This evening at 3 pm. If you want to be safe, be prepared.”

“I’ll inform Hyesung about it.”

“And 1 more thing Alan.”

“What?”

“Do whatever it takes and kill Yuri.”

“I thought he is your best friend?”

“WAS Alan. WAS. Just do your job and I’ll do mine.”

“Whatever you say Yoong.”

The call ended. Yoong placed his phone back in his boots. He looked far towards the scenery.

“You shouldn’t have come back Yuri. You shouldn’t have come back.”

 

 

.....

 

Sooyoung gritted his teeth. He knew it. Yoong was the traitor. His body language gave him up earlier. When everyone got prepared, Sooyoung asked Seohyun permission to use her laptop. He has been trained hacking into communication device when he’s still a freshman. It took him a while but he finally managed to tap into an unknown number. He was sure no one from the team owns the number so Sooyoung listen to the conversation. He regrets listening to it now.

“It was you all along Yoong.”

Sooyoung stood up and walked towards one of the window. How could Yoong done this? He’s tempted on reporting his finding to Hyoyeon but Sooyoung wasn’t sure. He didn’t get to record the conversation. He got no evidence to back his accusation.

“Then it’s up to me to stop you.”