The start of the end

REVENGE

Waaahh, I got a lot of comments..Thank you. About choosing between Yulsic or Yoonsic, well, let just say I'm a Yulsic forever shipper but Yoonsic seems to be growing in me..hahaha.. So enjoy the latest update!

 

 

Eventually, the chopper with Yoong inside vanish from sight. It doesn't matter anymore. Their fight had come to an end. Taeyeon had Tiffany in his arms. She was beaten pretty badly. She leans more letting her body engulf in his warm hug. Sunny was held back by on of the men while one was holding on Eun Soh. But Jessica condition worried Yuri the most. She's spacing out as if her surrounding doesn't matter to her. Not even him or their current situation.

 

"So, who should we kill first?"

 

Yuri grab a fist of the beach sand and looked at the tall guy.

 

"I won't let you."

 

He threw the sand at the taller guy. He screams in pain when the sand hit his eyes. Yuri jumped at him and punch his face. His compatriot try to help by pointing his rifle towards Yuri, but Yuri had prepared himself. He kick his hand that is holding the rifle. But before he could sent another blow, one of the men hit his back using the back of his rifle. Yuri groans in pain. He was then shove towards the ground. He heard Sunny and the others screaming at them but why does it fell so painful not listening to Jessica voice?

 

"Let him go!"

 

"How dare you hit my face?!"

 

The tall guy kick his stomach again and again. Yuri saw Jessica still spacing out. The kick felt nothing to him. But he could have sworn hearing his heart breaking apart.

 

'Yoong is more important than me.'

 

The tall guy then grab his hair and pulled Yuri facing him. Yuri coughed blood.

 

"You just made me mad! I'm going to kill you first!"

 

He pulled him hard and threw him in front of his friends. He smile at Taeyeon and mouthed I'm sorry at him. Taeyeon keep on holding on Tiffany. The tall guy than pulled out his revolver and pointed at Yuri's forehead.

 

"Any last word?"

 

"Yeah, ."

 

The tall guy sneer in anger. He cocked his revolver.

 

"Goodbye then."

 

Yuri played his death scenario inside his mind. He took one last glance at Jessica and smile before closing his eyes.

 

"I love you Sica."

 

When he finished said his confession, he felt someone holding on him. He open his eyes and saw Jessica crying face in front of his. She cupped his face and pulled him for one last kiss. They lean their forehead together when the kiss ended.

 

"If you want to kill him, you have to kill the both of us."

 

Jessica circled her arms around his neck. She smile at him while keeping their eyes looking at each other. Yuri grins.

 

"Fine then. I'll kill you both."

 

He placed his gun on the back of her head. The bullet will go through her skull and entered Yuri's. He slowly pulled the trigger. If Yuri was closing his eyes earlier, right now he's not. He keep on staring into her eyes and keep on smiling at her. A loud bang was heard. Yuri looked up and saw the tall guy head spurts blood. He fall harshly on the ground. Watching their second leader collapse, they started panicking.

 

"Sniper! Take cover!"

 

Yuri took hold of Jessica while helping Sunny and Eun Soh to get up. Taeyeon carried Tiffany in his arm follwing Yuri from behind. The enemy soldier ignored them and try to get out of the sniper target. Sunny looked around when another loud bang came. She's trying to find the sniper. Then when the third shot was heard, she had an idea where the sniper is. He's on another island. You have to be good to shot from this distance.

 

"Who is that?!"

 

"I have no idea but he's not targetting us!"

 

They took cover behind bushes and watch as the enemy soldier killed one by one. Sunny was desperate to know who that sniper is. Whoever behind that accurate shot must be really good and she know one but it is impossible. He's dead.

 

"He killed everyone."

 

There's no longer enemy soldier standing. The sniper seems to stop. Jessica look around.

 

"He stop."

 

"Or he's aiming at us."

 

Yuri can't help but get more worried when Taeyeon said so. What if he is right? They could be the next target.

 

"Sunny, did u located him?"

 

"Yeah. He's on the other island."

 

"What? Could it be possible firing from there?"

 

Jessica slowly shook her head. She had sniper training before and even she couldn't get that kind of accuracy.

 

"No one can shot from that far. I don't think Sunny can either'"

 

"No. There's one."

 

Every eyes were on Sunny.

 

"Sooyoung."

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

"Yoong?"

 

"Kim Hyoyeon."

 

"Why?"

 

Yoong just smile at her.

 

"One day. One day you will understand."

 

Hyoyeon jerk up. She felt sweat covering her forehead. Her breathing came out heavy. She wipe her sweat away using the back of her hand.

 

"You're finally wake up."

 

She looked to her right and saw Sunny occupied the chair next to her.

 

"W-Where am I?"

 

"We're still here at headquarters. Only a bit messy."

 

She then felt a slight bump on the back of head.

 

"God, what happen?"

 

"We found you and Seohyun in one of the basement."

 

Hyoyeon eyes widen. She remove the blanket to stand up but Sunny gently pushed her down.

 

"Relax Hyo. Seohyun is okay. She just woke up too. Yuri and Jessica attending on her."

 

"She wakes up already?"

 

"Yeah. Although look a little bit in haze. But she'll be fine."

 

Hyoyeon exhale in relief before settling down on her bed.

 

"So we won?"

 

Sunny shook her head.

 

"We didn't? But how did we survive?"

 

"They actually going to kill us but someone kill them from far. He save us I guess."

 

"Who?"

 

Sunny gritted her teeth. She had an idea. But she's planning on not to tell Hyoyeon yet.

 

"I don't know. We waited for that person to kill us but he didn't. So I guess we are safe. For a while."

 

“Hyo?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Yoong. He betrayed us. He…He’s the reason why Sooyoung is dead.”

 

Sunny balled up her fist. When everyone came up with a conclusion that they had a ‘rat’ in the team, she’s the only one that didn’t believe it. She felt that their team were perfect and they were close with each other.

 

“Sunny…”

 

“I lost Sooyoung because of him.”

 

Hyoyeon slowly reached for her hand and held it. She smile at Sunny.

 

“Hey, I promise if we caught Yoong, I’ll let you have your revenge. Okay?”

 

Sunny wipe away her tears and nod. She have no idea when that time will come or will she have the heart to hurt Yoong, but just knowing that she could at least gives her some hope.

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

 

“Here. You need to eat Seo.”

 

Yuri passed her a bowl of chicken soup. Thankfully, not every places in the island are burned down. The kitchen is still neat and working.

 

“Thank you. But I’m not hungry.”

 

“Seo, there’s nothing that you could have done. We were as shocked as you.”

 

“No oppa. It’s my fault. If I found out about it earlier, I could have save everyone. But I didn’t.”

 

Yuri watched as the girls keep on looking down. He know how she felt. She had the opportunity to investigate but she didn’t take it. He felt that a long time ago.

 

“Seo, let’s just forget about it. It happen already and there’s nothing you can do. We should focus on what needs to be done.”

 

Seohyun just nod her head. Yuri sighed and stood up.

 

“I’m going to check on Taeyeon and Tiffany. Eat up okay?”

He pats her head twice and left the room. When the door close, Seohyun lie down again and stare at the ceiling.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Yoong tighten his grip even more. Seohyun felt her death is coming. Slowly, her eyes closed and with the last oxygen drain out of her. She was put to die.

 

“O-Oppa…”

 

Yoong took out his syringe using his free hand. He bite off the cap and threw it away. He leans closer into her right ear.

 

“Seo, listen up. When you wake up, check your jeans pocket. Remember the files that Hyoyeon asked you to hack into? The level 7 clearance? Used the password written on the piece of paper and I’m sorry for this.”

 

She felt the syringe on her neck. Slowly, her eyes felt heavy and soon her surrounding became hazy.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

She remembers what Yoong told her. Seohyun quickly search her pocket but find nothing. She put away the blanket and saw herself wearing the other jeans.

 

“W-Where is it?”

 

Seohyun slowly stood up and marched towards one of the wardrobe. She opened it and search through trying to find the jeans she wore the other day. Luckily for her, her jeans survive the enemy raid. She took it and search for what Yoong had told her. She felt a piece of paper and took it out.

 

“N-No way…”

 

Seohyun force herself and walked out of the room despite being in a weak state. She had to find her laptop. But where is it?

 

“Seo?”

 

She turned around and spot Sunny standing behind her.

 

“Unni! I-I need my laptop.”

 

“Huh? What for?”

 

“Please unni…please..my laptop.”

 

“Okay. It’s with Hyoyeon. I’ll go get it.”

 

Seohyun leans back on the wall steadying herself. She’s still in a weak state so she decided to wait for Sunny here. Sunny soon came back with her laptop. Seohyun took it and switch on. She opened the file.

 

“Where did you get that Seo?”

 

“Hyoyeon unni had me to hack it a few weeks before but it was encrypted. I couldn’t open it.”

 

Sunny watched in awe. She had no idea what Seohyun just said but she’s confused.

 

“You never had any problems with hacking before.”

 

“It’s a level 7 clearance file. No one from us have that kind of clearance.”

 

Sunny just nods. Seohyun take a look at the paper and type in on her laptop. When she pushed the enter button, the encrypted file open and shows a lot of sub files under the name of The Resistance.

 

“The Resistance? What the hell is that?”

 

Seohyun could just shake her head. She clicked on of the folder. Sunny eyes widen.

 

“This is bad. I’m calling the others.”

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Taeyeon gently dab some medicine on Tiffany cuts. She hissed in pain. He smile and keep on treating her wound.

 

“TaeTae.. It’s hurt.”

 

“Hang on okay? I’m almost finish.”

 

Tiffany watched as Taeyeon gently help her. She smile.

 

“I always had you to take care of me. Jess is right. You spoil me too much.”

 

“Who wouldn’t if they had a beautiful wife.”

 

Tiffany slaps his arm and pouts.

 

“So If I’m not pretty, you wouldn’t love me anymore?”

 

Taeyeon can’t help but laughed. He finished dressing her cuts and put away the medicine.

 

“Even if you looks so ugly, I would always love you because you’re still pretty to me.”

 

Taeyeon smile warmly at her but Tiffany pouts even more.

 

“So I’m ugly?”

 

“Fany, honey listen. Ugly, pretty are just words. Beautiful is on the eyes of the beholder and for me, you are the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.”

 

Tiffany blushed so much it amuse Taeyeon.

 

“Hey guys. You sounded okay.”

 

Both of them watch as Jessica walks in and sit on the foot of the bed.

 

“I had a bruised lips and stomach plus a cut forehead. I have worst. How about you Jess?”

 

“Me? Only a cut on my arm. I’ll survive.”

 

Jessica smile but soon the smile faded. Taeyeon notice it.

 

“Are you okay Sica?”

 

“Yoong. I’m sorry I didn’t trust you Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon smile at her and gently shook his head. Tiffany held Jessica hand and smile too.

 

“It’s okay Sica. I understand where you coming from. Good thing is we survive so let just forget about this okay?”

 

“If I followed your advice, we could have prevent it.”

 

“Jess, it’s okay. We’ll think of something later on.”

 

Silence engulfed them but Tiffany decided on talking to Jessica about something that she had to let out.

 

“Jess, can I say something?”

 

“Yeah, sure. What is it?”

 

“I’m not trying to get busybody over your life but I think Yuri got hurt the most this time.”

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

Tiffany sighed. She knew Jessica didn’t notice it. She was right when she made up her mind to talk to Jessica about it.

 

“You keep on saying about Yoong this..Yoong that.. Don’t you think Yuri would get hurt? I mean I would if Taeyeon keep on defending or talking about someone else all the time as if his mind is too occupied thinking of other people other than me.”

 

“…”

 

“I’m not telling you what to do or what not. Don’t keep on clinging on him if you don’t mean it. He loves you Jess. I can see it. And everytime you defend Yoong, I saw his eyes fill with hurt Jess. He didn’t say anything maybe because he doesn’t think he deserve to say it. He bottles up because he felt he don’t deserve you.”

 

“No! I…”

 

Tiffany gently pats her hand. Jessica eyes are b with tears threaten to fall. She didn’t notice the things she had done that hurt Yuri.

 

“Neither you nor him deserve to get hurt.”

 

Taeyeon stood up and pulled the two into his arms.

 

“I love sister’s talk. You two made me tear up.”

 

Tiffany pinch his arm while Jessica punch his stomach. He yelped in pain.

 

“Ow, why does the girls in my life is so rough?”

 

He whine and let the two go. Jessica can’t help but laughed at him with Tiffany. Yuri who’s been hiding outside couldn’t help but smile. He was on his way to check on Tiffany and Taeyeon but stops when he heard Jessica voice. So he decided to listen. But Taeyeon voice startle him.

 

“Just come in Yul. Sister talk had ended.”

 

Yuri walked in and grin nervously. Jessica face flush even more while Tiffany warmly smile at him.

 

“How did you know I’m outside?”

 

“I’m Kim Taeyeon. I can hear you from miles away Kwon.”

 

Tiffany slaps his shoulder when Taeyeon brag about himself. Taeyeon ignored the pain and wiggle his eyebrows.

 

“How’s Seohyun?”

 

Tiffany can’t help but asked. She was extremely worried about her since earlier but she had to focus on fighting the enemy away.

 

“She’s okay although a little bit down. But she’ll be fine in a few days.”

 

Taeyeon sighed.

 

“We have to leave this island. Taecyeon would have notice that his men didn’t come back. He would sent another team here.”

 

“I know. I talked to Eun Soh. She had contacted Razak. He would come in with reinforcement and Eun Soh know a place where we can regroup and brainstorm I guess.”

 

“Good, for now.”

 

Jessica wasn’t even listening to Yuri and Taeyeon conversation but she had her eyes on Yuri.

 

‘Fany is right. How come I didn’t notice?’

 

Yuri was standing next to her so Jessica slowly held his hand. Startle, Yuri look at their intertwine hands. He looks at Jessica and saw her smiling warmly at him. He too couldn’t resist and smile back.

 

“GUYS! SEOHYUN FOUND SOMETHING!”

 

Sunny voice echoed inside the room. They all looked at each other.

 

“Seohyun?”

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Hyoyeon eyes widen. She couldn’t believe it. So all this years of involvement in IFI was a scam? She saw her own reflection on the other faces. They were all as confused as she.

 

“No I know why Hyesung could do as he please.”

 

“Kang Hodong; Minister of Defence, Han Ye Seul; Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kim Min Jun; Minister of Home Affairs, Lee Kwang Soo; IFI Director and Kang Min Jae; Minister of Finance. We are not just going against Hyesung. We are practically up against our own country.”

 

Jessica shook her head. That’s why Yuri and Hyoyeon had a hard time catching Hyesung. That is why they are a wanted fugitive.

 

“Why are they doing this?”

 

Seohyun clicked another folder.

 

“The Resistance was formed 50 years ago. The membership changes from time to time. Hyesung was just apart from the bigger picture. They wanted to take control.”

 

Yuri sneer unhappy with Seohyun explanations.

 

“So everything that we do was actually hiding the bitter truth?”

 

“I don’t know Yul oppa. But it seems like no matter how will this end, we are still going to be blame.”

 

“What else Seo?”

 

Sunny asked her. If they are going up against the whole country, they need to know even more of the truth.

 

“They have a main headquarters in centre city of Seoul.”

 

“Where?”

 

Seohyun looks at Tiffany.

 

“The Trade Tower.”