Lost

REVENGE

PRAYFORMH370

 

 

 

“How is she?”

Yuri looked up and saw Jessica taking the seat next to him. He sighed.

“She’s sleeping, for now. But she’ll start crying again when she wakes up.”

Jessica knew Yuri was affected by Sooyoung death too. She herself couldn’t still believe what had happen. Sooyoung was her bestfriend. He was the only one who befriend her back then when others avoid her. But no matter how sad she is, it was nothing compare to what Sunny is currently feels. She lost her partner.

“I failed Sunny, Sica. I failed her.”

“Don’t say it like that Yul. I want to blame myself too but I know Sooyoung wouldn’t want it.”

“I promise her that she won’t be crying again.”

Sunny meant a lot to Yuri. Even when they still dating each other before his fake death, Jessica sometimes felt jealous of his protectiveness towards Sunny. There were once when Jessica declare Sunny as her love rival especially after knowing they had dated before. But it turns out her jealousy was nothing. What Yuri had with Sunny was totally different from she had with Yuri and she had Sunny to point it out for her.

FLASHBACK

 

“You’re too jealous Sica.”

“Me? Yuri still loves you Sunny!”

Sunny just smile. It was childish of Jessica to accuse her like that.

“Sica, what Yuri had with me was different from what he have with you.”

“See? He still loves you and he just use me to forget you.”

Sunny can’t help it. Jessica brawling in front of her was a funny sight. Lieutenant Jung who is known of her fierceness, became a mess when it is about Yuri.

“He only loves me as a sister. Nothing more. But he sees you more than you ever imagine. He loves you so much Sica. I can see it when his eyes full of happiness everytime you’re around. How he always put you first before anything else. Plus..”

Sunny held Jessica hand.

“If he loves me the way you said, he won’t propose to you. Make sense now?”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Jessica slowly circle her arms around his body and pulled Yuri into her arms hugging the tan guy. Yuri reluctant at first but he finally succumb and held onto Jessica. She runs her finger along his back hoping to calm the guy down.

“Yul, Sunny needs you now. Be here for her okay?”

She felt his head slowly nodding. Jessica smile. It was a rare sight watching Yuri as down as this but Jessica have seen it before and she learn how to handle it through the days she spent with him.

“Thank you, Sica.”

“Shh.. Don’t say anything. I’ll be here for you.”

It was silence again. A comfortable silence. Neither of them speak up. Yuri keep on clinging onto Jessica and Jessica let it be. How long since they last hugging each other like this?

“Sica?”

Jessica just humped in response.

“Why didn’t you move on?”

Jessica slowly shook her head. It made Yuri entangled himself out of her arms looking at her.

“Don’t you feel lonely?”

“I can’t move on. But after so long, I did actually months ago with Yoong but then you came back. Yul, for 3 years, everyone around me keep on telling me that I should move on and forget about you. Tiffany, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Yoong and even Hyoyeon. The only person who said no was Sunny. Seohyun played safe and let us grownups deal it with ourself.”

Yuri can’t help but smile. He always know how Sunny favors him the most.

“Eventhough I’m dating Yoong, my heart still couldn’t let him in. it doesn’t feel right.”

“But you slept with him. I told you I saw you.”

Jessica sighed. She knew he would want to talk about it sooner or later. This is the first time she’ll reveal everything. She held his hand.

“Since day one of your death, I have this weird feeling having someone following me around. I told everyone about it but they only said it was just my imagination. How can you imagine it when clearly someone break into my house and stole my shirt? It was you right?”

Yuri eyes widen in surprise.

“But, it wasn’t even your favorite shirt Sica. You only wore in once. That’s why I took it.”

“Yul, I might not like it but knowing me, shouldn’t you thought that I might realize it sooner or later?”

“So, you knew I’m still alive?”

Jessica smile when Yuri look confused.

“No, I didn’t. But my instinct told me to stay single. What happen to me and Yoong was something I can’t deny. I want to be loved again Yuri. Missing you is hurting me more each time. I don’t blame Yoong, I do want it too but after it ends I found myself missing you even more. I’m sorry.”

Yuri can’t help but grin. He pulled her towards him engulfing the girl in his bear hug one that Jessica familiar with.

“I’m just glad having Yoong around you taking care of you. I owe him so much Sica. The fact that he was there with you was enough. I’m sorry too for lying, but I promise it will be the last.”

Jessica pushed him a little and pecks his lips.

“Just that?”

She rolled her eyes and kissed him full on the lips. Yuri place his hand on her waist. He smile and took the initiative deepen it more. They finally ended the long waited advance kiss glued their forehead together.

“Wow. Now I know what I have been missing this past 3 years, You.”

Jessica playfully pushed his chest away from her. Yuri can’t help but laughed a little. He held her waist in secure not even letting go.

“Cheesy.”

“Don’t I always?”

“Full of yourself now Sergeant Kwon?”

Yuri can’t help but pulling Jessica again for another intense kiss.

“It’s Lieutenant Kwon now.”

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Sunny stare at the picture since they came back to Eun Suh house. It was a picture of her and Sooyoung on his graduation day. He was a year younger than her. She met him at Jessica birthday party.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Happy birthday Lieutenany Jung!”

Sunny hugged the birthday girl. Jessica hugged her back and after a while they let go of each other.

“Thanks for coming Sunny. I told you to call me Jessica when we’re outside.”

“Sorry. I can’t help it.”

They both chuckled when suddenly Yuri appear behind Jessica startled the birthday girl. She slapped his arms while Yuri just grin. He then hugged Sunny.

“I thought you couldn’t make it.”

“Yah! I came as soon as my shifts end!”

Yuri just grinned and pulled Sunny with him. Jessica just shook her head watching Yuri dragging Sunny towards the buffet table.

“Here.”

Sunny eyes grew wider when Yuri shoved every food on her plate. It stacks up into a mountain. But before she can retaliate, a stranger just shouted at Yuri.

“KWON YURI!”

“Uh oh. Shiksin alert.”

“What?”

Sunny saw a tall guy stop next to her and took her plate before giving Sunny his plate that only consists of a spoon fed of pasta.

“Choi! Don’t eat my Sunny’s food!”

“You only give me a spoonful of pasta and everything to her?! She’s too small for this portion!”

“You eat too much already!”

While Yuri and the stanger shouting at each other, other people were seen to ignored them as if they are already used to it. Suddenly Jessica came towards them and took Sooyoung plate before shoving both Yuri and Sooyoung mouth with food. That made them both stop shouting. Jessica then gave Sunny her plate again.

“Lee Sunny, meet my bestfriend, Choi Sooyoung. Sooyoung, this is Sergeant Lee Sunny your soon to be partner.”

Sooyoung eyes widen in surprise. He suddenly forgot his bickering with Yuri and bowed 90 degrees. Sunny looked at Jessica questioning her what’s going on here?

“I’M PRIVATE CHOI SOOYOUNG! I’LL BE GRADUATING IN TWO MONTHS! PLEASE BE NICE TO ME!”

Sunny took a step back when Sooyoung stood to near at her. She awkwardly smile.

“Uh, hi Sooyoung. Jessica what do you mean earlier?”

“Hyo didn’t tell you yet? He will be serving under Hyoyeon and since you’re the only one who have no partner, he’ll became your partner.”

“Oh.”

“WHAT? NO! HE WILL EAT ALL MY SUNNY FOOD!”

Jessica punched Yuri right at his shoulder making the guy whimpered in pain.

“Behave Kwon Yuri.”

Sunny can’t help but laughing at Yuri. When she finally stops, she saw Sooyoung still bowing at her.

“Hey, you can look up now.”

Sooyoung quickly straighten his back and looked at Sooyoung with that twinkle in his eyes.

“You can called me Sunny. Welcome to the team Sooyoung.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

“Idiot. Idiot.”

Sunny held the picture even tighter. It has only been hours of his death but Sunny already missing him. Tears streaming down her cheek once more. Remembering Sooyoung last words made her sad eve more. She was waiting for him to confess. But not under this circumstances. She couldn’t even reply. She cursed herself for taking things granted. How she always avoid him when he starts getting serious about them.

“I love you too..I’m sorry.”

She cried even more. Sunny can’t help but keep blaming herself. IF she didn’t agree to split up, Sooyoung wouldn’t have been dead. She hugged her knees and keep on crying with her face hidden in between her legs. Yuri could only watch her. Watching Sunny cry her eyes out like this hurt him. He want to console her and tell her that everything will be okay but he couldn’t. He was never a good listener before and he’s mad at himself for being so.

“Yul?”

Yuri glanced beside him and saw Jessica stood next to him. He force a smile and Jessica knew after the talk they had earlier, he is still blaming himself. She gently caresses his cheek and smile before entering the room. Yuri want to follow her but he knew better to let Jessica handle this.

Jessica sat down next to Sunny on the bed. Off all the people, Jessica can’t say she wasn’t affected by Sooyoung death. He was the closest friend she had and the one who she kept on complain to each time. But she told herself to stay strong for everyone and Sunny for Sooyoung sake. He would want her to do so.

“I know how it felt Sunny to lose that person you love. I do.”

No response coming from her but her cries seems to slow down. Jessica took it as she’s listening to what she’s trying to say.

“To be honest, I hate it when people came to me and tell me that I have to be strong and such as if they knew how much pain I’m in. I used to hate it. I used to despise people who came to me and say sorry for my lost as if they knew how I was hurt by it. Most of all, I hate people who looked at me with that sympathize eyes as if they can help me shove away the pain.”

Jessica slowly place her hand behind Sunny back and gently run it along her back.

“You don’t have to be strong Sunny. No want you to be strong at time like this. But, I’ll be strong for you. Yuri will be strong for you so does the others.”

Jessica words made Sunny looked up. Her eyes were red. Yuri saw that and he clenched his fist. Jessica smile warmly at Sunny.

“It’s okay to cry to us. I’m not Sooyoung but I’ll be a better friend for you.”

Sunny with tears still rolling down hugged Jessica and cried on her shoulder. Jessica gently run her palm along her back while Yuri watch Sunny whimpered in her arms. It was a sight that Yuri promise himself that Sunny won’t have to deal with it again.

 

 

…..

 

 

“Are you sure Yoong?”

Yoong nodded. Taeyeon sighed. Yoong came back looked like a mess 30 minutes ago into midnight. He told him everything that happen and how he came up with the idea to split up.

“I’m sorry. It was a bad decision and I am fully responsible for it.”

Yoong solemn face was enough for Hyoyeon and the rest to know Sooyoung death affecting him too. Hyoyeon pat his shoulder and smile.

“It’s okay Yoong. I’m just glad you’re back. We lost Sooyoung already. We can’t afford to lose you.”

Yoong just nodded. Hyoyeon rub her temple and looked at Taeyeon.

“How’s Tiffany and Seohyun facing this?”

“Tiffany was crying when she finally sleep. Seohyun didn’t say anything at all and keep staring at nothing. Yuri told me that Sunny is miserable. God Hyo, what should we do now?”

“…”

Hyoyeon couldn’t say anything at all. Eun Soh finally stood up.

“We might have lost Sooyoung, but we still have a war to win. Let’s not forget that.”

Hyoyeon took out the key element that Sunny stole earlier.

“We lost Soo because of this stupid key. How I wish I can turn back time.”

“Hyo, it was nobody fault. Sooyoung made his own decision. If he’s still alive, he would want us to continue.”

“I’m sorry. I just wish I can turn back time and wish nothing of this ever happen.”

Taeyeon just nodded and looked back at Yoong.

“You should go and get some rest Yoong. You looked exhausted.”

“I’m fine Taeyeon.”

“At least go wash yourself and rest for a while. Goodnight Yoong.”

 

…..

 

 

Yoong took out his phone and send at texted to an unregistered number.

 

 

-Job is done. They have 1 of the key.

 

-Good. We’ll keep in touch.

 

 

Once he read the reply, Yoong placed back the phone under his pillow. He lied down on his bed and staring at the ceiling. He sighed.

 

FLASHBACK

 

In that midst of running away from the enemy, Yoong knew he had to do something. Anything that can help him. He stopped.

“Let split up! They have slim chances on capturing us.”

Yoong heard Sooyoung protest against him but luckily Sunny didn’t. She agreed and just like that, they split up. Yoong keep on running for a few seconds before stopping and pulled out his satellite phone.

“Go get the tall guy. He had the element key.”

“Are you sure Yoong?”

“Positive.”

Yoong ended the call.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Yoong turned to his right and pulled out his gun that he used earlier. He pulled the magazine and looked at it.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Hyesung punched his security officer right on his nose. He falls down next to Yoong’s leg.

“HOW DID YOU FAIL TO PROTECT CECIL?”

“I’m sorry sir.. Someone might have shot him. I bet before he explode himself, he might have shot Mr Cecil.”

Hyesung looked intently at him. He came as soon as he can and when he arrived, the ship had been wrecked. Parts of the ship are blown. He lost his element key and Alan Cecil. Hyesung looked at Yoong.

“Where were you?!”

“Hey, you can’t blame me if Alan can’t even protect himself. He had a team with him when they confronted SOoyoung.”

Hyesung hissed in anger.

“Now I lost one of my element keys!”

“You can always get it back. Plus, you didn’t even found the last remaining key.”

Yoong placed his gun inside his holster again. Hyesung watch him.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m going back to them. They might think I’m a rat if I don’t get back now. Plus, Sooyoung is dead. It will be rude of me if I don’t go back and mourn with the others.”

“Keep your eyes on the key Yoong.”

Yoong just shrugged him off and left.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sorry Alan. You might ruin my plan.”