Lead the way

REVENGE

After reading all the comments and a lot of thinking, I'll continue with the story but I'll change a bit making it less awkward for me to write.. HAHA.. I don't know, I'm happy that they are dating and happyly in love. But this is just me feeling awkward writing about them..haha.. So yeah.. I don't know how to explain it. Anyway, here is the update. Enjoy.

 

 

 

When you were young, TV has always been your bestfriend. Cartoons and movies are your favourite. You could spend hours daily in front of TV. Well at least to most people. But Jessica had another thing in her mind. She likes watching drama and she remembers fighting with her sister over who got the upper hand and owns the TV. Sometimes, Tiffany would win but most of the times, Jessica claim victorious; TV dramas all day long. But now, she felt her life have turn into some dramatic TV drama she saw when she was small.

After Hyoyeon revealing the truth and Yuri confession, the group suddenly got into a fight. If it wasn’t for Seohyun interrupting them with the news of how the government wants their head, they might still be fighting, well Taeyeon to be precise. Jessica was left stunned with the revelation to a point she question everything that happen in her 3 gruelling and painful years of Yuri death. Who should she trust? If there’s any truth in anything? She kept on asking herself about it. She had her suspicion towards Yuri since the first day but now when she had her answer, her brain decides not to react on it. 

“I wait for this day ever since right? I wait for him to come back.”

Jessica sighed. She’s not even sure of anything anymore.

“Hey.”

Jessica didn’t answer but the person knew she heard her. So she took the seat next to her.

“Fany, do you remember back then when we fight over who can watch the TV?”

Tiffany didn’t expect Jessica to be asking her about their childhood past.

“Yeah I do. You would always win. We would end up watching your favourite TV Drama.”

“Remember when we watch that Indonesian movie?”

Tiffany thought for a while. It’s hard to remember particular details especially memory when you were kids. She finally smiles.

“Ah, you mean Love is...” Tiffany trails on her word trying really hard to pronounce it.

“Love is Cinta.”

“Now I remember. Heee..”

Jessica leans back on the wall and looked far into the horizon.

“I think my life is the same as that movie.”

“Jess, she lost her suppose to be lover who actually came back in another body. While Yuri..”

Tiffany stops when she saw tears rolling down Jessica cheek. Jessica didn’t bother to wipe it away.

“I don’t know if I can ever forgive him Fany.”

Tiffany sighed. She was mad at Yuri earlier. But she felt bad for him when the others blame him for everything. Moreover, Taeyeon harsh treatment towards Yuri made Tiffany even guilty. He should take responsible for the decision he made but Tiffany was sure if she was in his position, it would be hard for her to step out and quit. They train for years and as though others had charge him guilty, Tiffany made up her mind to give the tan guy one more chance to explain. But for now, she’ll focus on Jessica.

“Do you want to?”

“He chooses work over me Fany.” More tears pouring out of her eyes. Tiffany gently pulled her sister and hugs her tightly.

“I don’t know what had happen Jess, but I’m willing to listen. Maybe, just maybe, he can explain himself.”

“What if he can’t?” Tiffany knew that tone. Jessica wasn’t asking. She was stating it.

“Then he doesn’t deserve you.”

 

.....

 

Yuri tends to his bleeding lips. Taeyeon punched him hard. He wasn’t just upset about the lying part but Yuri figured he might have been bottled up his anger at him. He sighed.

“Stupid Taeyeon. Stupid Hyoyeon.”

Yuri press on the part where a bruise starts forming. He hissed in pain. He’s currently avoiding everyone by staying outside the house. No matter what he did, everyone seems to hate him even more.

“Here, let me help.”

Yuri looked beside him and saw Sunny sitting next to him. She took the handkerchief and folded it neatly.

“You don’t have to.”

“I insist Yul.”

She dabbed it gently on his bruised lips. Yuri hissed again but kept his eyes on her. Sunny was too focused on attending him.

“You’re not mad at me?”

“It depends.”

“What do you mean?”

Sunny wet the handkerchief again with water.

“If your question if I’m mad at you for lying? Yes I am still mad at you for lying.”

She placed the handkerchief back on his lips. Sunny then smile.

“But if you’re asking if I’m mad because you choose work more than us? Then its no.”

Yuri looked back at Sunny. He was confused. How can Sunny be calm about it?

“You should be mad at me for every reason.”

“Do you want to?”

That sentence kept him quiet. Sunny finally finish. She took his hand and placed the handkerchief inside his palm.

“I was mad when you lie at us Yul. It took me a month to dry my tears and another month just for me to admit it. I woke up everyday knowing that I can never talk to you anymore. I have every reason to be mad at you. But I don’t think I can get mad for so long.”

Yuri saw her eyes pool with tears. Sunny try her hard not to cry.

“Because today, no matter how much hatred I have towards you, it can never replace the relief I felt when I knew that you are still alive.”

Her tears finally roll down her cheek. Sunny try wiping it away with the back of her hand but it won’t stop.

“This...is tears of joy...Yul.”

Yuri somehow saw how he single handed break this girl in this past 3 years. He gently pulled her in and hugged the petite body. He let her cry on his chest.

“I’m sorry Sunny. I’m so sorry.”

Sunny hugged him back but still crying. Yuri just held her tight telling her how sorry he was.

“Just don’t..Don’t leave again..”

 

 

.....

 

 

Yoong held his phone and keep reading the same message.

 

 

My part is done. Do yours.

 

 

He sighed. He had been contemplating on replying but he knew he have no other choice. Yoong took a deep breath and exhale. He placed his finger on the screen typing away.

 

 

Ok. Just don’t hurt her. Here’s the coordinates.

 

 

He pushed send button. A few seconds later, the message was sent. Yoong put away his phone and stare out of the window.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Yuri!”

Yoong stood up and saw the building in thick black smoke. His hand trembles in fear. Yoong felt a single tear coming from his eyes. He didn’t bother to wipe it off. Yoong talk into his mouthpiece.

“Y-Yul? YUL!!! ANSWER ME!”

He received nothing. Yoong looked into his sniper scope again. He try locating Yuri inside the thick smoke.

“YURI!”

He can only hear some static noise at his end. Yoong threw away his rifle and start running downstairs. Once he reached the ground floor, Yoong made his way towards the building in fire. He saw Hyoyeon crawling from where she got thrown away earlier. A lot of people surround the area of disaster. Yoong pushed himself in the crowd towards the exit door where Hyoyeon escaped.

“YOONG! DON’T!”

But Hyoyeon shouts were too late. Another blast from inside the building sent Yoong flying backwards. His head hit the asphalt. He groaned.

“Y-Yul..”

Yoong finally unconscious due to the impact on his head. The only thing he remembered was hearing the ambulance siren.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“Yuri.”

Yoong hit the window glass with his fist shattering it. Blood trickles down his knuckle. Yoong breath in un rhythm manner. He was beyond anger.

“Yoong!”

Jessica worried voice woke him up from his trance. When he turned around, he saw her tending on his bleeding hand already. He couldn’t hear what she’s talking about. But he saw how worried she is. Her face tells it all. Unconsciously, he smiles.

“Don’t hurt yourself Yoong!”

Jessica felt a little bit frustrated. Yoong seems to be in daze. She had been calling him since earlier when she saw blood on his knuckle. But the boy seems not listening to her. Jessica is getting frustrated. She roughly slaps his arm.

“H-Huh?”

“Finally you can listen to me.”

Yoong didn’t reply but he kept on staring at her. Jessica ignored him and opened the med kit. She took a clean cloth and tied it around his bleeding knuckle.

“There, I’m finish. Why are you being reckless?”

“I love you.”

“....”

Yoong didn’t know what get into him for saying so. He saw her froze on spot avoiding his stare. Yoong place his finger under her chin lifting it up so that she can’t avoid his eyes anymore.

“I don’t care if he’s back or not. I love you.”

“Yoong..I..”

Yoong place his finger on her lips silencing her.

“I know you’re confused. Either it’s me of him that you choose; I will always love you...forever.”

Yoong slowly leans in capturing her lips for a kiss. It wasn’t hot or passionate kiss. It was just enough to tell her how much he loves her. Yoong moves back a little. He saw how red her face is so he smiles.

“Just remember that.”

 

 

.....

 

 

Taeyeon let Tiffany massaged his sore knuckles. He has to admit, Yuri’s face was like made from stone.

“Ow..Owww... Fany. It hurts.”

“That’s for trying to look cool earlier.”

Taeyeon pouts. But his pouts slowly turn into sadness.

“He lied to us Fany.”

Tiffany didn’t dare looking at Taeyeon at the moment. She knew how disappointed Taeyeon is towards Yuri. He treated him like a brother.

“Taenggo..”

“He lied to me, to you, to everyone and to Sica. How could he?”

“He had no choice Tae.”

“Bull.”

Tiffany slowly brings his hand and placed it around her cheek making Taeyeon looked at her.

“You’re close to Yuri more than I did. Ask yourself Tae. Would you lie to save me?”

Taeyeon eyes widen in surprise. He didn’t expect that. Would he lie to the one he loves just to save her life?

“He’s torn in between Tae. Give him time to explain.”

Taeyeon couldn’t counter back with any remarks. Tiffany was right. Would he resort to lying if it’s about saving the people he love?

“Talk to him.”

Taeyeon sighed.

“It’s not that easy.”

 

.....

 

Hyoyeon watched Seohyun focused on her laptop hacking into the military system. Seohyun fidgets a little.

“Unni, are sure about this?”

“They want our head Seo. Heck I’m sure.” Hyoyeon scoffed unhappy.

“But unni, can’t we just talk to them about this? I’m sure director Lee is just confused.”

Hyoyeon look at her disbelieve what she just heard. She shook her head and tap the laptop screen.

“Just do it Seo. I’ll take responsible for it.”

Seohyun exhale unhappy but remain focus on her task. She type in some more numbers and words.

“Okay I’m in. What are we looking for?”

“Search for KMJ 999.”

Seohyun type in and a warning came in. She’s too familiar with the warning.

“Unni, this is classified with level 7 clearance. None of us have the access.”

“That’s why I need you to hack in.”

Seohyun definitely didn’t approve any of this. Hyoyeon sense her discomfort. She pats her shoulder.

“Seo, I need you to trust me. Can you do that?”

“Trust you who betrayed us 3 years ago unni?”

Seohyun didn’t even apologize of her chosen words. Hyoyeon just smile sadly at her. Seohyun felt guilty all of a sudden.

“I’m sorry unni.”

“It’s okay Seo. I knew you didn’t mean it.”

Seohyun go back to her work. In just 2 minutes, the warning flash had gone. Multiple files flashed in front of them. Hyoyeon pointed on the latest file. Seohyun click on it.

“Finally. Found it.”

A loud blast came from the front yard where Sunny and Yuri currently are. Hyoyeon and Seohyun looked at each other. Hyoyeon took her gun out and pulled her barrel.

“Save that file Seo! Get the others!”

 

......

 

Yuri pulled Sunny with him hiding behind a column. He took his aim and fired to the incoming people. Sunny cursed herself. She left her gun in the house earlier.

“Yul, I don’t have my gun with me!”

“What?! I can’t take them all!”

“Just keep firing!”

Yuri can’t see that well. The enemy seems to be more cautious. They kept their distance and hide themselves well. Sunny squint her eyes.

“It’s a LSAT!”

Yuri looked at Sunny. Sunny pushed him a little making him focus back on firing. Another bullet hit the column. Sunny crouched even lower.

“We’re like sitting ducks!”

“Shut up Sunny! You’re the weapon expert! Think of something!”

Yuri scoffed back at her. One of his bullet manage hitting an enemy on the left.

“Uh Oh.”

“What uh oh Sunkyu?!”

“Uh oh that!”

Yuri took a peek at where Sunny is looking at. His eyes widen. Sunny quickly pulled Yuri slightly away when the enemy threw a grenade at them. The grenade falls a little far from them before explode. Both Sunny and Yuri are okay but feeling a little out of it. Their ears ringing. Sunny opened her eyes and saw 3 enemies fall just meters away. She looked up and saw Sooyoung took out the 3 from the roof top.

“Sunny! Get out of there!”

Sunny saw his lips moving but she couldn’t catch what she’s saying.

“What?!”

“GET THE HELL OUT FROM THERE!”

“Oh.”

Another bullet grazed just besides her ear making Sunny crouched again. Too close. She shook Yuri.

“Come on!”

She pulled Yuri inside the house and leans back on the steel door. Well it looked like a wooden door but Hyoyeon parents built it from steel plates. Once inside, Sunny saw Jessica and Yoong firing from left while Tiffany and Taeyeon took the back. Hyoyeon was stationed on the right side. Seohyun is in the middle of the house working on her laptop. Yuri groans.

“My ear hurt.”

“Stop whining. We’re cornered. Go help Sica! I’ll help Hyo!”

Yuri didn’t argue that much and with his head feeling a little dizzy, he ran towards Jessica and Yoong.

“There’s too many of them!”

Jessica looked at her right and saw Yuri taking another window firing outside. With no reason she felt her heart skip a beat.

‘This is wrong.’

“Sica!”

Yoong saw how Jessica dazed off. He wasn’t pleased with it knowing the reason of her focus is Yuri. He pushed Yuri aside.

“We can handle here. GO AND HELP THE OTHERS.”

Yuri didn’t back off but remain his stance.

“As much as I like punching you right now, we have a big matter in hand. So let just focus of getting out of here.”

“Really Yul? Because as far as I know, you are the biggest problem here.”

Yoong stopped firing and ready to pounce at Yuri in any moment. But Jessica who actually com back to her sense pulled Yoong away from Yuri.

“Stop it! Let just work together okay?!”

Yoong scoffed unhappy when Jessica interferes. He didn’t get the chance to punch Yuri earlier because Taeyeon had already did it. Jessica glared at him. Yoong sighed and focus again. Yuri smirks but soon faded when Jessica send her piercing glare at him too.

“Fine.”

“HYOYEON! WE NEED TO GET OUT FROM HERE!”

Taeyeon ignored the bickering YoonYulSic and shout towards Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon is busy fending the enemy from the other side with Sunny.

“Captain, although I like practicing my shooting skills now I also like to retreat when I got cornered. So Plan B?”

Hyoyeon fired another bullet hitting a guy on his chest but she doubt he’ll die.

“Get Sooyoung. We’ll leave through the sewer.”

“WHAT?”

Sunny grunted unhappy. She never like the sewer before.

“GO NOW.”

“Fine.”

“HYOYEON! What now?!”

It was Tiffany voice from the kitchen.

“My grandparents built an escape route down the sewer when they built this safe house! We’ll take that path until we reach the end of the sewer! I’m guessing we’ll be out of the city! Taeyeon and I will be last to leave!”

“Why are you dragging me into this crazy idea of yours?!”

“Shut up Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon whine towards Tiffany. Tiffany could only pat his back sympathize. She is reluctant to leave Taeyeon but this is a danger situation. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon are the best choice.

“Be safe okay Tae?”

“Yah Tiffany! Go now! Take Seohyun with you!”

Hyoyeon instructed her to leave with Seohyun. Tiffany pulled down a lever and saw the floor open.

“Wow I’m impressed.”

“GO!”

Tiffany glared at Hyoyeon and climbed down the steel ladder. She reach the sewer floor in not time. Tiffany glance around for any danger and signals for Seohyun to follow. The girl who had pack all her tech stuffs quickly flowed suit.

“Sunny and Soo! Your next!”

Hyoyeon instructed Sunny and Sooyoung once she saw them coming from down from the 1st floor. They didn’t argue and just do as was instructed.

“I hate sewer.”

“Stop complaining Sunny. Come on!”

Sunny complains irritates Tiffany. She knew how Sunny hate the sewer but they don’t really have a choice. Sooyoung helped Sunny down. Yuri who saw the two finally climbed down, he looked at Jessica.

“Sica! Your turn!”

“No! You go first Yoong!”

“What? You should go first Sica!”

Taeyeon face palmed himself. YoonYulSic are really getting into his nerves.

“YOONG! YOU GO FIRST! NOW!”

Yoong isn’t happy with Taeyeon instruction but nevertheless he followed. After all he is still his commanding officer. Jessica and Yuri flowed after that. Hyoyeon felt her gun burning.

“Taeng! On my count! Together okay?!”

“Just count!”

“Go!”

“I thought you’re counting?!”

“Run Kim!”

“!”

Hyoyeon didn’t bother to use the steel ladder so she jumps down. Taeyeon flowed just behind. Once they are inside, Sooyoung pulled down the lever closing the trap door.

“Cover your ears.”

Hyoyeon pulled out a remote from her uniform pocket and pushed the red button. A loud explosion was heard from outside. Everyone was equally shocked. Hyoyeon looked at everyone.

“What? Let them think we’re dead. This trap door can’t be open when the house is destroyed. Let’s get moving.”

“Where are we heading to?”

Taeyeon was curious. Where ever they go, people will recognize them. They are a wanted fugitive.

“This tunnel will lead us to a suburban outside the city. I called Soh Eun earlier before the enemy raids. She’ll send people to pick us up. Hopefully she can help us out.”

 

.....

 

 

“It’s tiring and hot in here.”

Jessica s her top button. Just like Sunny, Jessica hates the heat inside the sewer. But Sunny had worst since she’s the weapon expert, her task are always involving staying in the sewer for nights. Yuri took a glanced at Jessica before Yoong came in between them.

“Keep your eyes to yourself Lieutenant.”

Yuri awkwardly look back to his front and slow down his steps making sure Yoong and Jessica a little in front of him. He then felt someone tap his shoulder.

“How are you doing?”

It was Hyoyeon. Yuri sighed.

“Not well. I got bruised on my mouth because of that midget.”

“I can hear you Yuri!”

Yuri ignored Taeyeon remarks at him and continue.

“They all hate me for lying.”

“SERVES YOU RIGHT!”

“SHUT UP KIM TAEYEON!”

Hyoyeon chuckles. This bickering of Taeyeon and Yuri meant more to her. She knew Taeyeon won’t be mad for too long. If he’s still angry at Yuri, he won’t be talking to the taller guy.

“But I felt a huge relief getting all this stuff out in open.”

Yuri genuine smile made Hyoyeon smile too. It was weird walking in a stinky sewer smiling to each other like this but it felt just right for Hyoyeon and Yuri. Sooyoung and Sunny finally stops.

“How long do we have to walk Hyo?”

Hyoyeon looked at her fluorescent watch. She sighed.

“Another hour then we’ll reach the end of sewer.”

Taeyeon sit down on the sewer floor ignoring Tiffany widen eyes.

“I’m tired and so do we all. Let just rest for a while. We’ll continue when we rest enough.”

“Fine Kim Taeyeon.”

 

 

.....

 

“What are you doing here?”

Yuri looked to his right and saw Jessica sitting next to him. They were sitting at the ledge of the sewer obviously with leg tangling just 2 cm from top water.

“I thought I can catch some fish.”

“In sewer? Guppy?”

“Probably. But then it is too small for me.”

Jessica just laughed at his lame joke. Yuri sense some of the awkwardness between them seems to be less. He looked behind him and saw Yoong sleeping just next to an awake Seohyun.

“If your boyfriend wakes up and saw us, he might push me down the drain.”

“He has to wait in line.”

Yuri gulped and smiles awkwardly.

“I don’t want to forgive you.”

“I understand that. Taeyeon doesn’t too. Yoong too. You can get into the angry list.”

Jessica hushed him by placing her finger on his lips.

“BUT Tiffany told me to listen to what you need to explain before I pushed you down the drain.”

“Oh that.”

Yuri took a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

“I didn’t want to die and I didn’t want to lie. I love you so much to the extent that you are more important than anything. When I woke up inside Soh Eun house, I learn what I’m in is bigger than anything I ever encountered. The weapon that they have been talking about where told to be the grates destructive weapon. If Hyesung and his alliance managed to unlock the key, it would end with disaster. I know I sounded selfish but I felt it is my responsibilities to protect everyone.”

“Then what about me? Shouldn’t I be included?”

Yuri saw her eyes glistering with tears. How can he sweeten his story? He can’t.

“I got into IFI because my father died protecting me. So I told myself that maybe just maybe, if I can get into the army I can start protecting people and when my dad look down from up there he can be proud of what I did. I guess I over did it.”

Jessica knew his past. His father was very strict on him. Until the day he died of the accident, he was still a strict father and never once what Yuri did, it was enough. Jessica slowly leaned towards him. Their faces were only inches apart. She cupped his face.

“Just don’t leave again.”

“I’m sorry..”

Jessica pulled him for a hug. Yuri hugged her tight. His chin is on her shoulder. Relief washed through him. At the end, he finally cried in her arms. A scene Jessica rarely saw.

“I’m sorry Sica. I’m sorry.”

 

.....

 

“Hyoyeon ah!”

“Eun Soh!”