Be My Light 26

Be My Light!

It was quiet. Only the sound of the clock was heard. She rubbed her eyes and woke up. Her face was pale and lifeless and her eyebags were deap. Na Rae didn’t had a good sleep last night because of all the crying. She sniffed and sneezed.

 * damn… it must have been the rain last night… * She thought as she jumped out of bed, getting ready for school. Apparently, she was late for school. Her alarm didn’t ring. Tae Il had turned off the alarm way ahead of it.

She washed up clean and fresh and checked her phone. There was a pung of pain in her heart. Ten over missed calls from him and she sighed. She didn’t want to go to school. She didn’t want to see him. She don’t know how to face him. The star necklace shined under the sunlight that was coming in from the window.

She couldn’t deny how much she missed him but she was scared and angry. BlockB had left early in the morning to do some errands. She took her bag and headed to school.

Bangtan was in school early. Rapmon decided to be in school early as Jin wanted to see her. He wants to know if she’s okay. The bell rang and lesson started. Jin looked at the empty seat beside him and sighed. * She didn’t come to school today. Is everything okay? * He thought. His heart ached so badly.

“ You okay? “ Jimin whispered.

“ She’s not here today “ Jin whispered back.

“ Don’t worry~ if its not today.. try again tomorrow… she’ll come eventually.  “ Rapmon whispered.

Na Rae reached and entered the school gate and went up to her respective class. She quietly entered the class from the back door as her desk was right at the back of the class. * She’s here… she came… * Jhope thought.

“ Hyung~ your girl’s here~ “ V told Jin.

Jin’s eyes lit up when he saw her coming in from the back door. He softened and his heart ached as he saw how pale her face was and how heavy her eyebags were.

“ Jang Na Rae~ how dare you late for class? This lesson is important! “ The teacher raised her voice with attitude.

She controlled her temper and took her seat beside Jin. She wanted to scream out loud but she controlled. Futhermore, Jin was sitting beside her. It was hard for her. She remained cold and silent. She was back to old self. She didn’t smile or utter a word. Jin swallowed his saliva at the awkward atmosphere. Jin looked at her. * She must have suffered last night… it was such a nice day until…. * He thought.

“ Na Rae ah… “ Jin tried to call her.

She kept quiet. Her eyes were on the blackboard all the time. Her fingers ached as they were stiff. Her heart beat fast.

“ Im sorry sweetheart… but I love you. I still love you. My love for you is true… “ Jin tried to talk to her. He tried to explain.

Before Jin or Na Rae could respond, the bell for break time rang and she left the room as fast as she could. She couldn’t breathe, she couldn’t take it. Jin went after her as well as the rest of Bangtan.

She wasn’t at the field during break. She was out of sight, out of Bangtan’s sight. Tears rolled down and she cried badly. She sat on the ground of the fitness corner and cried. Never had she cried this hard before. Her heart was brokened. She wanted an explanation from them but she was scared and angry too. She sobbed hard.

A familiar figure appeared and softened. He’s always there whenever she’s in a hard time. He was non other than, Han Bin.

“ Whats the matter now? “ He asked.

“ why is it always you? Just leave me alone “ Na Rae sobbed.

“ well… if you say so…. Look for me if you need anything… I’ll always be there Na Rae ah~ “ Han Bin softened again and left her alone.

She continued to cry. Her tears rolled down non stop. It was like running tap water. Everyone went back for lesson except her. Expected, she was late for lesson again. * . Did she cry? Looks like she cried during break. Her eyes are puffy * Jin thought and softened.

“ Sweetheart… you alright? Tell me what happened… okay? Please… “ Jin started the conversation again.

She remained silent as she doodled on her table like the old times. “ Please baby… talk to me…… I love you.. I still love you… I’ll love you till I die… don’t deny my love for you… please.. talk to me.. “ Jin persuaded in a soft tone. He didn’t want to get caught. His words made her heart tingled and she wanted to cry again. She wants the truth and nothing else.

Jin cursed softly when all she did was kept quiet and no respond. He was restless. He wants her to at least say something. Scream, shout whatever. He needed fresh air. He took his bag and left his seat, kicking his desk on his way out of the class. He couldn’t care less. Tears welled up in her eyes. Jhope wanted to go after Jin but Suga insisted not. 

He stopped when he was at the foyer. He ped his bag and threw everything out of it. He was angry, he wanted to vent his anger. He threw the papers angrily, he dumped everything out angrily. It was one of his ways of venting his angry and relieveing his stress.

The venting took about half an hour and stopped. He sighed, his shoulders deflated. He clenched on the wing necklace tightly. It was given by her on his birthday. Jungkook and V witnessed everything and fetl sad. Everyone was at fault. They should have told her the truth from the start.

Meanwhile in the class, Rapmon sat on Jin’s seat and did his best in talking to her.

“ Im here to say sorry. Mianhae. We should tell the truth from the start but we didn’t. But look, we were sincere in befriending you, we were loyal from the start. I really cherished everything from the start till even now… and for Jin, it’s the same. His love for you is real. It was unexpected, it was out of the plan. Our friendship with you was unexpected, out of the plan. He was having a hard time, infact all of us were. We really wanted to tell you the truth but we couldn’t bring ourselves to do it. Maybe you’ll stop being our friend or ignore us forever, but Jin, don’t do it to Jin. Give him a chance to explain. Give him one more chance. He really likes you, loves you from the bottom of his heart. He was never like this but you opened his heart. Nobody could, non of us could but you, Na Rae, opened up his heart and so he fell in love with you. So Na Rae please…. Don’t hurt him… don’t ignore him… “ Rapmon explained. He has already done a lot as the leader.

“ What about BlockB? “ She asked. She finally opened and said something.

“ Look. I don’t know anything about them, I don’t know who they were… we were only given a picture of them and instructed to find them. We really didn’t know that you’re connected to them till told us. They were really good guys, I don’t know why that man want us to find BlockB but if we don’t find them within the time given to us, we’ll be killed. So Na Rae… we’re just doing what we’re told to do…. I don’t want to force you in forgiving us. Its your choice really. But Jin… talk to him. I know you still love him. From your face and eyes, I know you missed him. Spend your time talking to her than crying alone. Look at your puffy eyes…. I don’t want him to close his heart again… so do me a favor. Last but not least, Im really sorry. Really really sorry “ Rapmon told her everything.

“ Mianhae Na Rae ah~ V, Jimin, Suga apologized sincerely.

“ …. Mi…Mianhae.. “ Even Jhope apologized.

“ Mianhae noona~ jinjja minhae~ “ Jungkook apologized and sniffed a little. He was sobbing a little.

She softened a little after what Rapmon had told her. She got up from her seat and hesitated for awhile and left the class. V and Jungkook told her where Jin was. 

She saw him sitting at the platform with his back facing him. * Jin oppa… * She thought and softened. She saw all his stuffs lying all over the floor. * He must be upset * She thought.