A Bang And A Whoomp

Did You Hear That Bang?

Jiwoo POV

Jihoon downed a glass of alcohol.  I chided him for taking my glass.  I was planning on using it again. I suppose alcohol was sterilizing though. Then he said something about an indirect kiss.  What? Kiss? My mind focused on that word.  Then he made kissing noises and I had to laugh. He was ridiculous.  I couldn't take him seriously as he puffed out his lips.  

Mid laugh and he flipped it around moved closer.  I backed up instinctively and he pressed me against the cupboard.  I didn't know what to expect as he cornered me.  I felt my pulse pounding through my ears.   I tried saying his name not knowing why he was acting strange.

"Jihoon" broke the silence but his expression had me more confused.  He seemed off and I had never seen this expression before.  I didn't know what he was thinking.  I thought maybe I could check him for a fever, but his hands rested on either side of my face.  He had come even closer his legs trapping mine and I tried to focus but it was not working.  

"Maybe you want to turn it into a real kiss Jiwoo?" He said.  I felt a shiver spread up my spine.  He never called me by name.  He his lips and I realized I was staring at them.  He startled me slightly when he moved the strands of hair on my face.  I stared into his eyes sensing them soften.  

He leaned closer and I could feel the heat of his face.  His breath a hint of alcohol and something sweet.  

"Do you want me to kiss you Jiwoo?" His voice husky and an octave lower than normal.  The question scared me.  I tried to answer but I felt his leg brush against mine and made a strange noise.  He found this amusing apparently and moved to kiss me.  I closed my eyes expecting something as he gave a throaty laugh.  I felt a slight breeze and then he was blowing a raspberry on my neck.  

My eyes flew open and I pushed him away.  I was suddenly angry because I was disappointed? Either way I was yelling at him.

"YAH! JIHOON, I'LL KILL YOU!" I lunged trying to hit him.  He darted away and had the cheek to wink at me.  Oh, if it wasn't his parents here I'd give something to think about.  I restrained myself from doing anything else.  I know they'd all heard me yell at him and I didn't need to make a bigger scene.  

That is until he crossed the line, "Let's pick it up later where we left off later eh noona?" I snapped.  I grabbed the closest object that fit in my hand and threw it at him.  It landed against the swinging door.  Cracked probably too bad it was hard boiled.  He would have looked good with yolk in his hair.  I huffed trying to regain control.  I picked up my glass to pour myself a drink but then I remembered his lips had been on it.  I put it down feeling confused.  Great, even alcohol was off the table as I stared at the bottle.  I tried to ignore what had just happened.  It was probably stress from needing to talk seriously with my parents.  I sighed.  That was a lot of stress.  Seungri would be upset if he found out I had lost my mind.  I felt a wave of guilt pass through me and I picked up a carrot to crunch through my thoughts. 

"Noona," I heard.  The noise left me feeling heavier than normal.  As if I couldn't erase time and that I had to face everyone.  Zico stared at me trying to assess what was wrong.

"Oh, Jiho.  Sorry.  Are you hungry? Can you help me take out the side dishes?" I asked.  He stood there for a second studying me.  

"Noona, you look a bit flushed.  Do you have a fever?" He asked.  I smiled knowing I was losing my mind.  I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand.  

"No.  I'm just trying to make everything perfect and Jihoon wasn't helping," I covered.  I didn't even know what he would do if he'd witnessed Jihoon utter the word kiss in my presence.  

"Ok noona.  Need anything else?" He asked me.  I shook my head and plastered on my best hostess smile.  Mom had taught me well after all.  Now, to explain why Jihoon had gotten such a response from me.  I'd just tell them he was trying to taste the food before it was done.  

 "Jiwoo, come sit down.  We were just convincing the impressive Taeyang to dance for us," my mom sang.  I blanched.  He was going to dance.  I shot Youngbae a questioning look and he seemed uncomfortable.  I inwardly cringed.

"Oh, I'm sure that's not necessary.  You've seen him dance all the time.  I mean, you wouldn't want him to rip his suit..." I said trying to help him out.  Yu seemed at a loss.  Apparently, she'd tried to oppose them but gotten nowhere.  Youngbae seemed relieved to hear my support.  Sadly, he had underestimated how y our moms truly were.

"OH, that's fine.  He can certainly disrobe.  We won't mind waiting," was the reply.  I felt like smacking my mom.  What was she saying?  Youngbae was practically married to my best friend.  I mean, they weren't engaged or anything but it would weird if they didn't get married with the gooey looks they exchanged.  I expected they were both composed of molten chocolate at this point with the way they swooned about the room.  

"Dear, perhaps you should let the young man relax," my dad said.  He was used to their antics and didn't mind so much.  It was obvious that he loved her completely and allowed her space. He knew she wouldn't actually go after any of the idols she ogled.  That would put my brother in a tight spot.  She would never risk his reputation.  

"Spoilsport.  Jiho and Jihoon will dance for us.  Won't you darlings?" She said turning to give them her best smile.  Jiho seemed pained but he knew resistance was futile.  I couldn't help snorting.  

"Please mom. No one wants to see them shirtless," I said.  My brother rolled his eyes, but Jihoon seemed to be staring me down.  I felt uneasy with his laser like focus on me.  

My mom held my hand in hers.  I wondered why she was being gentle with me.  She generally saved all her affection for my brother.

"Jiwoo.  You're not fooling anyone.  We already know about you and Jihoon.  How long have you been dating?" She asked.  I felt my jaw pop open.  She said what? 

"What?" I heard my dad say.  I could only stare at her unable to form words. Jiho seemed to have choked on his drink.  He slammed down his glass and leapt across the room towards Jihoon.  

"Yah! JIHO! Stop.  It's not true!" I said as he nearly punched Jihoon.  Who'd had the sense to at least move when he was distracted.   I crossed the space and covered my brother's fist pushing it down and putting myself between him and Jihoon.

"Are you crazy? It's not true," I told him.  He was breathing heavily and he glared at Jihoon not convinced.  

"Darling, I heard the two of you on the phone the other night," mom said.  I wanted to say something but thought better of it.  

"That was not what you think it was," I said, "Jiho.  Please?”  Jiho let his fingers relax.  His arm lowered and he draped it around me and pulled me into a hug.  

"Sorry.  I didn't mean to scare you, noona," he said.  I felt my stomach knot.  Jihoon let out a shaky breath behind me and I knew that the coast was clear for now.

"Um, I think we should have dinner," I said.  Jiho nodded against my shoulder and I hoped he had really let it go.  I pulled him after me and my dad followed us to help carry everything to the dining room table.  

"Son, next time remember to use your words.  You know your sister will get married someday. Are you really going to punch the groom on the day of the wedding?" He joked.   I couldn't help laughing.

"He better not.  Or I'll tell some reporters that he really loves Crayon Pop," I threatened.  Jiho's neck whipped around so fast I thought he had whiplash.  

"You wouldn't dare!" He hissed.  I grinned evilly at him.  He angrily picked up plates full of food and carried them into the other room muttering something about honor.  

"Jiwoo, are you sure that you're ok?" Dad asked.  I sighed leaning against the counter for a moment.

"Yes.  I just don't know what mom was thinking.  It's like she unleashed a tiger on a pack of wolves," I said.  He smiled. 

"Your mother has that effect on people.  You know she loves to shake things up," he said.  That was an understatement.  She'd once asked my junior high boyfriend what size his inseam was followed by the fertility in his male line.  I'd been appalled.   I'd broken up with the guy completely mortified.  

"It's obvious where Jiho gets his temper," I pointed out.  He nodded.

"But, she has a point.  The two of you together.  I always thought you and Jihoon were unusually close.  I thought he had a crush on you for the longest time," he remarked.  I stared at him not sure how to respond to that admission.  Jihoon had a crush on me? That wasn't true...or was it?  

"Please Dad.  We're practically related," I said.  He shook his head.

"Yes, but you're not related.  I wouldn't mind you dating Jihoon.  He's always been very mature.  He only acts the way he does because he knows his place.  He has always respected your brother.  I watched him all these years. He's got a prosperous future ahead of him," he said taking a piece of meat and popping into his mouth.  He smiled as he lifted the plates and carried them out.  I watched his penny loafers retreat feeling small.  He had aged again but he was still the same person.  Forever wearing those penny loafers no matter how many pairs my mother threw out because she detested them. I grabbed the rest of the food and went out to eat dinner.  Hopefully it would be over soon.  

Unfortunately, my mom had arranged it so I had to sit next to Jihoon. He regarded me cautiously not saying anything.  Jiho shot daggers at him with his eyes.  His grip on his chopsticks causing his hand to pale.  I tossed a roll at him.  He flinched as it landed near his empty plate.  He shot me a guilty look before he picked it up and placed it on Yu's plate.  Now, it was Jihoon's turn to glare at my brother.  I used one finger to push his cheek away.  

"Aigoo, this one has a death wish," I said.  Jihoon rolled his eyes.

"Aish, noona.  I'm sorry.  I was wrong," he whined.  I smirked releasing the pressure I applied to his foot with my heel under the table.  

"Shall we start eating," I said gesturing towards all the food.  With that chopsticks started moving and the conversation the happy couple.  The real one not the one my mom had tried to create after a few glasses of wine.  

P.O POV

Well it wasn't the most comfortable air around the room, Jiho was out to murder me and I wasn't sure if he was being nice to noona on purpose...she was with Taeyang and not single, yet he kept giving her food...though to be fair she was too busy watching her man to notice Zico's feeble attempt at causing me to get irritated.
I saw her my parents watched them....especially my father, he seemed particularly happy....he had always want noona to date an older guy...but this was more than dating...I couldn't deny the love these two emitted. They were like beacons of fluff and goo.
And I was sat next to Jiwoo noona who obviously despised my body....I felt pitiful and was pushing the food around on my plate. Maybe I could do steroids then I could be the kind of guy Jiwoo liked.
....HOLY CRAP WHAT WAS I SAYING?
I sighed and put the chopsticks down. I wasn't feeling hungry anymore.
"Jihoon? Is your food okay?" I didn't bother to look at Jiwoo, I just nodded.
"I'm just not hungry right now....violent actions seem to kill my mood" I stared pointedly at Zico who merely shrugged and stuffed his face.
"It was lovely though thank you noona....if you will excuse me." I bowed and grabbed my plate and hurried to the kitchen making sure to scrape it and put it in the dishwasher.
I needed some space and alone time to think my man thoughts, I left the kitchen and scurried into noona's room before closing the door and throwing myself on the bed. Here I could be a man....and play candy crush.

Yujin POV

Jihoon not eating was like s on a fish...utterly weird and terrifying....also somewhat useless.
He had been acting different since....since he had come round Big Bang's house...was it because of what happened to me? Or because of my relationship with Bae?
I couldn't say his name without glancing at him...yikes I had become a total gushy fluffy person. But I didn't know what else to do....the man was perfect for me; he also sensed my moods better than anyone. I wanted to drown in him, to stay attached to him and never let him --
"Yujin dear, go check on your brother please." I glared at my mother for ruining my running commentary on my love for Youngbae....he seemed to get my feelings though as he gave me an odd smirk.
He may be putty to me but I knew his dark y side lurked still within his chest...that was my favourite bit ab--
"Yujin!"
"Okay sorry mother..." I got up and left the table....damn bloody Jihoon. What was he thinking?
Was he really freaked out about Zico beating him? He had worse from me in the past....coward.

I searched around a little and saw my bedroom door closed, I sighed and opened it without knocking before closing it again.
"YAH" he yelled at me and I ignored him, I just scowled and walked over to the bed and threw myself next to him.
"What are you doing?" I mumbled as I to my back and saw he was playing candy crush...
"Level 25 still??" I scoffed and he pouted at me.
"It's not my fault it won't do it...nyah" He yelled and threw the phone on the bed, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips tight.
"Jihoon, what's the matter?" I poked him in the side but he ignored me, the lack of shine in his eyes bothered me.
"Are you mad at because of what happened yesterday with Yunho?" I bit my lip in worry, what if he blamed me for it? Instead of Bae it was my brother who hated me.
"WHAT! NO! Are you nuts?" He sat up and stared at me angrily before shaking me with one hand,
"I love you noona, your my sister and I want to kill him for hurting you...I am sad I wasn't there to save you. I am annoyed I can't choke him to death but I don't feel mad at you for anything" He looked sad and I knew my eyes were watering, he sighed and lay back down and rolled me close to his side so I could hug him.

"Is it Youngbae?" It had to be something....but what I wasn't sure.
He clicked his tongue at me and kicked his legs childishly "No....I'm happy if you’re happy...but if he hurts you I will kill him. Unless you beat me to it....Aish don't tell him I said this but he is an okay guy and he is so obviously in love with you that I feel he would give up everything for you. He's got it bad noona, and I'm happy you find a guy worthy of your love and not obsessed with their lips or or anything else weird. Doesn't mean you should go and have with him or anything--"
"JIHOON! GROSS--"
"--Now, now noona....I don't want to know what you get up too...so let's pretend it's innocent. Deal?" I chuckled and held out my hand for him to shake, he took it and we shook twice before slapping each other’s hands.
"So why are you acting weird lately?" I couldn't stifle the curiosity, he seemed to be rapidly turning into a man and I didn't know how comfortable I was with my kid brother becoming a full blown man over-night....He was always the one with a smile and a sense of innocence about him.
He had this huge heart and would do so much for people without question....he also hard to work his off just to get in Block B. He was stronger than me in so many ways....I hoped he could find a woman who could nurture him and maybe baby him just a little too...but she had to be the nicest person on earth...no way was I letting my baby brother run off with some scarlet woman.
"Do you think Jiwoo will be mad at me because I made her mother think we were an item?"
I felt my eyes widening in surprise...not what I had been expecting but okay.
"I doubt it Woo is never mad at people for long, especially ones she cares about. You two are closer, closer than me and Zico are...I used to pretend you would marry Woo one day and she would be my actual sister!" I laughed at my childish fantasies....Woo was a sister to me no matter what happened. I knew that now.

Jihoon stayed quiet and I just lay my head on his chest, listening to his breathing, it was soothing and I was feeling warm and safe.
I felt my eyes about to shut but a knock on the door saved me from falling asleep "Come in" I groaned feeling irritable suddenly, damn brother for being comfy. He chuckled as I sat up and rubbed my eyes as I watched Youngbae enter my room.
"Hey handsome" I grinned and he raised his arms
"hey when you got it, you got it!" He winked at me and I hear Jihoon moan about inappropriate behavior around younger brothers...I sighed and elbowed him hard enough to make him sit up and frown at me.
"I think Jiwoo is about to say something important..." I stared at Youngbae confused for a second, and then I remembered...
"NOW!?" I croaked in worry...He nodded and I quickly pushed Jihoon off the bed, "Come on Jihoonie, big excitement ahead!" He rolled his eyes and got off the bed, glaring at Youngbae half-heartedly before leaving the room in only a few strides.

I got up and walked towards Youngbae stopping in front of him "I'm surprised you haven’t run a mile now you met my mother and Aunty Woo....they are pretty y. I thought you would leave and I wouldn't blame you if you did...or you wanted too."
He sighed and encircled me with his muscled arms, a feeling I would never ever dislike. "Yujin, if I am leaving it's with you and that is that...though your mum is a little...eccentric." He pulled a face and I laughed.
"You mean crazy but I love that you made her sound better than she is"
"Did your mum really think your brother and Jiwoo were together?" I nodded thoughtfully, I had never pictured that scenario as we had got older together...but now looking at it, I don't know if it made me feel ill or happy.
"Well they are not together" I sighed and put my arms around his neck "We have come so far..."
"How do you mean?" He looked at me steadily and ran a thumb across his jaw.
"When I first met you, I hated you for trying to suffocate me with a bandana....now I am madly in love with you and there is so much I need to tell you when we are alone. I never expected to fall for you....At first I admired your body and your inability to control your hormones. Then I realised I actually liked being with you and it scared me. It scared me how I thought about you, how I had started to long for your touch and I enjoyed lying next to you." I shook my head "It's just amazing how things turn out"
I looked into his eyes and them burning with an emotion that I couldn't understand.
He pulled me close and kissed me deeply, his lips crushing mine in an endless moment of bliss. He broke off our kiss leaving me panting and lusty...damn it.
"I want to make love to you Yujin" I blinked and tried to with-hold my girlish squeals and giggles at his sentence....my stomach was doing cartwheels and I was melting under his fiery gaze....he wasn't on about some fun y times....he meant the real thing and I was a hot mess about the idea of it.
"We should probably go see what Jiwoo wants to say first..." I whispered unable to tear myself away from his ual yet loving gaze....oh if only I could strip now I would....
He nodded and kissed me firmly again before taking my hand and walking me back to the dinner table where everyone was waiting.

 Zico POV

I straightened up ignoring Jihoon.  He sat next to my noona.  I smiled encouragingly at her.  She seemed panicked.   I decided to take the pressure off of her.  She had opened but seemed unable to say anything.

"Noona wants to sing," I announced.  She seemed more nervous as she looked at our parents.  

"Why Jiwoo have you been hiding your talent all these years?" Aunty Pyo teased.  It wasn't a secret that noona had the voice of an angel.  Mom seemed to sigh with irritation.  Jiwoo stared down at the table knowing that they weren't happy.  

"No.  Woo, I'm telling you this because I love you.  You’re my daughter and I am not going to let you ruin your life," Dad said.  He had dialed up to scary voice already.  Noona looked like she was about to cry.  

"Darling, you know we're only protecting you.  You know it's different with your brother.  Don't you remember what happened the last time?" Mom added.  Noona was definitely upset.  

"We had a deal.  Jiwoo, you got to model with your friend.  Performing is not for you," Dad said.  Noona was shaking and the table was wet in front of her as her hair hung down.  

"Why can't you just let me be happy? I already know that I have to give up everything and take over the family business!" She cried.  I didn't know what to say.  I knew that I had to let her say what she wanted before I could take her away.  

"Jiwoo," Dad seemed hurt.  Her voice broke as she sobbed there in her seat.  Jihoon seemed hesitant to touch her.  His hand extended towards her back, but he held back.  

"No.  I don't care what you have to say.  I am telling you not asking your permission," she said wiping her eyes before she got up from the table and went up to her room.  I heard the door shut loudly.   Not quite a defiant slam, but she'd already made it clear that she didn't want their opinions.  

P.O POV

I felt torn, Jiwoo had a beautiful voice and she should be able to do what she wanted....it would be incredible to duet with her one day. Her voice would complement mine perfectly, better than Zico's anyway...Aish he had a decent voice for rap...but he wasn't great at tone.
"Well...ugh..." My father coughed and played with his napkin "Since we are getting things in the open, I may as well say that Jihoon...you’re not going to be taking over the company from me!" He grinned and did weird jazz hands.
"OH THANK GOD!" I yelled as I planted my face on the table...I was dreading the endless boredom of office work, plus I preferred rapping and liked the deal I had now.
"What...what do you mean he isn't taking over the company? His is your son, your only son...he has to take it over!" I ignored my mother’s words; she would get over it eventually.
"No he doesn't, it's a modern age Yoona dear, and not all bosses are heirs to empires..." He glanced over at noona who was tensing her jaw as she started to shred paper into lines....hmm never a good sign.
"But what will he do? Who will take your company over? Another person will come in and take it from you!" She acted horrified and I lifted my head and put it on my arms as I watched the drama unfolding.
"Jihoon has his music and no one is going to take it away from our family. It's staying in the family in fact." He smiled "Say hello to the future CEO of Lotte hotels" I followed his arm and it pointed to noona....NOONA!?

I laughed unable to stop myself, the idea of noona being CEO of anything but clothes was hilarious...
"You can't be serious?" My mother's words echoed my own thoughts and I considered that the old man had gone senile already.
"How dare you..." The voice cut through me instantly and I stopped laughing and went quiet as noona rose from her seat.
"How dare you think I am not worthy a choice, how dare you be so blind that you can't see that time has moved forward. You can laugh BROTHER, but I brought you up more than your own mother, I did that and studied too....receiving perfect grades by the way...but did you care mother? NO! You were too busy with friends to notice my hard work looking after myself, your son and providing myself an education.
Dad took me to work and I worked my way up from the postal rooms when I was 12! I worked for fun....FUN!
I have a degree of business economics and I will be taking my father's place as CEO when he retires.....I have the skills and over time I have learnt many things...I will be learning more as it progresses." She took a breath and I gaped before she stared pointedly at the Woo's. "I have my own money which I earned from a young age working from my father...you may not support your own daughters happiness but she is my sister and I love her like my own blood, therefore I am going to pay for her to accomplish her dream, with or without anyone else's support. That includes you Jiho. You may sit there in silence to afraid to defend your own sister, but I am not going to let her happiness fade away. I plan to support her for years to come as an independent financer. You should all be ashamed of yourselves...you most of all brother. You disappoint me, I thought you were a man, but you’re still a pathetic whiny child." She bowed to our father and he looked in shock "Thank you father for allowing me to continue on your hard work in the future, I will continue to make you proud!"
I felt my heart break as I watched her leave the table, she turned away and I noticed Youngbae quickly get up and bow before following her back to her room.

"You deserved it" I stared at my father who was chewing on a carrot stick; he was completely calm about the situation.
"I see why you chose her...." I glanced at Uncle Woo, his voice appreciative of noona's arguing skills perhaps?
"She will instill fear and respect in everyone like I do....Jihoon is not that type of man....no offense son" I shook my head, he was right.
"I....She's right. I guess I never saw her as anything but a mother of a wife. I didn't think she would be so much more." Mother sighed and things went quiet. Well this had turned out better than most evenings actually...least there was no bloodshed....not yet anyway.

Yujin POV

I was fuming as I walked to Jiwoo's room, I knew Bae was behind me but I told him to stay in my room...Woo needed me and not 'us'.
He nodded and kissed me on the forehead before sauntering off; I was amazed he was still here. I sighed and shook my head, then walked to Woo's door and gave it three light taps. It was the signal that it was me...we had done it since we were kids.
I heard rustling and Jiwoo opened the door, her face streaming with tears, and allowed me in.
I closed the door and hugged her tightly "I heard your speech...." I pulled back from her to look at her face.
"I didn't mean to upset you more....I just got so angry." I sighed and her hair.
"It was good" She snuffled against me and I wished I had tissue “I know you will be a great CEO when the time comes" Her voice was shaky and she was snotty and panda eyed.
I led her to the bed and sat her down before grabbing a cloth and wetting it from her en-suite, I came back and tried to gently wash her face..."Ouch Yu, you’re hurting. Ah let me do it, your terrible at doing these things" I groaned, she was right...I had no people skills.

I sat next to her on the bed and watched her wipe her face "I'm serious you know?" She looked at me confused and I clucked my tongue in annoyance. "I am going to fund you and get you where you want to be. I am going to back you all the way. Your voice needs to be heard and you’re so happy when you sing....plus I want to hear you duet with Daesung, you guys would be perfect for each other vocally!"
She stared at me in shock and I scratched the back of my neck in embarrassment "Are you serious?" I blew out air of my mouth to make a rude noise and glared at her. "When have I ever not been serious about something? You know me, it's go all the way or don't do it all!" I smiled at her and nudged her with my shoulder "So what do you say? You gonna let me be your financial manager?"

Jiwoo POV

I smiled hugging her tightly.

"Obviously.  We'll have to talk terms.  Of course, it'd be better if we can get me signed by a label...unless you want to start one?" I asked.  She grinned pretending to think it over. 

"We don't need to talk about that now," she said.  I nodded.  It was good to know that no matter what happened nothing between us would change.

"I want to spend the night.  I'll be ok.  Plus I'm pretty sure our dongsaengs are fairly worried.  I can practically hear them outside in the hallway," I called out.  

The two of them walked into my room.  

"Mom and Dad said your cooking was excellent as usual," Jihoon said, "They're leaving." 

Yu sighed knowing that the drama was over for now.  Jiho had already given me his puppy eyes.  I knew he wasn't really against me.   He was just slow.  

"Noona, you know I'm on your side," he said.  I nodded and felt a wave of tears threaten to break free.  He hugged me and I was glad I'd raised a decent little brother.  

"Thank you," I told him.  

"Jiho, where are you?" I heard Mom calling him.  He sighed.  I wrinkled my nose at him, but pushed him towards the door.  He could deal with them.

"Yu, don't you think you're forgetting someone rather important? As you can see I'm newly free so you don't need to worry.  Actually, I think I'm going to spend the night here.  I just want some space," I told her.  She paused to check and see that I really was ok before she smiled.  I knew she couldn't resist her other half.  I should get on better terms with him; he wasn't going anywhere if he was still around after tonight.

"I forgive you," I said.  Jihoon regarded me carefully.  

"For what?" He asked.  I smirked.

"For dissing my best friend, but I figure you just had a mental lapse," I said.  He scoffed apparently not expecting me to be so chipper after losing it in front of everyone.   For not being able to do the one thing my parents had tried to instill in me.  An unwavering front that I could present to the world.  Before I could stop myself, I felt my lip quivering again.  Great, now I was crying again thinking about how my parents had forced me to spend hours making friends with kids that didn't really like me.  The ones that were interested in me for my parents' money.  The kind that were mean and petty.   

"Aish, babo.  You're not ok," Jihoon said.  I slumped back onto the bed feeling the sobs passing through my body.  He sat next to me and my hair.  

"I just want to sing," I managed.  I felt his head nod against my shoulder.  

"I promise you will.  I'll help you on one condition," he said.  I leaned back to look at him.  He wiped my face with his giant hands.  

"Yah, Jihoon--" I started to tell him off.  

"You have to sing your first duet with me," he said.  I rolled my eyes.  He was ridiculous.  He apparently didn't think so as he lifted my chin up so I was looking into his eyes.  

"Promise," he said.  

"Jihoon--" I tried.  He placed his fingers on my lips to stop me from talking.

"Promise," he said again.  I sighed wondering why he wanted me to promise him that so badly.  I rolled my eyes annoyed that he wanted me to talk while he held his fingers there.  I tried to push them away.   I sent him a withering look.  He was giving off mixed signals.  

"Promise," he said not getting the message.  I nodded yes since that seemed my only option at this point.  He seemed to be pleased with himself hearing that.  I was beginning to think I didn't know him all that well after all.  

"You promised," he said in the warning tone that seemed necessary after a promise was given.  I swear he watched melodramas more than I did.  Maybe that explained his weird behavior? No not entirely.  

"Babo, that'll never hold up in court.  That was definitely coercion," I told him.  He froze.  His head rotating slowly in my direction until it locked onto the target...me.  

"Coercion?" He said raising an eyebrow.  I nodded at him.  

"How's this for coercion?" He challenged.  Then he had me pinned down as he tickled me.  I was squealing trying to get him off.  I stretched out my hand cursing my queen sized mattress.  My finger barely touching the edge of a pillow.  I squirmed to get a grasp on it and as I had it in my hand.  I started fighting back by hitting him with it.  Sadly, this didn't faze him at all.  Note to self: get different pillow filled with something heavy like pebbles.  This down pillow bounced off of him as if I were trying to massage him.  Or perhaps gently dust off his shoulders.  He laughed knowing he was winning yet again.  I seriously needed to learn my lesson regarding tickling.  My throat caught as I had been winded from crying.  I felt the familiar burn in my chest from laughing heartily.  I tried to push him away with my legs but he was bigger than me.  All bets were off as he wasn't playing fair.  

Between sputters of laughter, I gauged my opening.  He was laughing at me and his eyes closed.  I let go of the pillow and wrapped my arms around his neck.  I pulled myself up and kissed him full on the mouth.  The tickling stopped instantly.  It didn't matter as I felt myself melt against him.  The warmth swept through me as he kissed me back.  I barely noticed as he lowered me back onto the bed.  The sensation that came to my attention were my lungs burning for air.   I tapped him lightly on the arm.  Quicker because I needed air.  He parted from me and I felt like I was missing something before I felt the soothing sensation of oxygen filling my lungs.  I let my eyes close as I panted trying to catch up with the demand for oxygen.  

"I just need air," I said.  Opening my eyes to see him watching me closely, he seemed to not know what to say.  I certainly had no clue and I let my eyes close again so I wouldn't have to think about the expression on his face.  I didn't know if it was good or bad or something else entirely.  Oh god what if he'd been joking earlier?  

"I'm sorry.  I shouldn't have kissed you I just---" I said not able to finish my sentence.  He moved so that he was lying next to me.  I turned my neck to look at him.

"You just what?" He asked.  I swallowed hearing the answer in my head but afraid to say it. 

"I just---" I tried again to pick words other than what I was shouting in my head. 

"You what?" He repeated not letting me go so easily.  I closed my eyes and when I opened them again he was still waiting for my answer.  I took a steadying breath.  Today was risk everything.  Might as well be honest.  

"Wanted to," I finished.  

"Wanted to what?" Was the reply.  I sat up seeing my brother in the doorway.  

"Be honest," I said.  It was the truth just not about what he thought.  He nodded.  

"We still need to change," he said.  Jihoon got up shooting me a look that I didn't understand.  I'd probably made a fool of myself.  Obviously, I was destined to lead the next wave of y noonas-aggressive edition.  

Taeyang POV

I waited for her to return. I looked at the picture she had plastered on her walls.  Mostly of her and her family with the Woos.  There were tons of her and Jihoon and her and Jiwoo.  I wondered if she'd been happy after all like in all the photos. 

She came in and I stood at attention.  I maneuvered her to sit on her bed.  I saluted to her.

"Greetings to the future-Lotte CEO.  I swear my allegiance and give my oath to serve and protect this admirable woman," I said.  She rolled her eyes but I could tell she was amused.  

"Oh really, serve how?" She asked.  I grinned.  I peeled off my shirt and she bit her lip.  

"Shall I tidy your room?" I offered trying to dust with my shirt.  She laughed.  

"Or perhaps you would like me your most humble servant to dance?" I suggested busting some moves.  She watched not hiding her interest.  

"I believe you missed a spot," she said.  I rushed to her side and knelt next to her.  She pointed to her face.

"Here. Right here feels dirty," she said touching her lower lip.  I smiled and pulled her down as I kissed her lip.  She smiled as I showed her that her title or family didn't matter to me at all.  She knew finally that I was not going to leave.  I left her lying on the bed before I got up to check the door was closed and locked it.  No one was going to interrupt us.  

Zico POV

I watched Jihoon.  I finally had him alone and I didn't know if I could trust him.  The idea that he was interested in my noona stuck in my mind.  I wondered if he was trying to put the moves on her just now. 

"Do you like my noona?" I asked him bluntly. He flinched.  

"I'm not answering that," he said.  I glared at him.

"If I say yes, you'll hit me and if I say no you'll hit me," he said.  I hit him.  He whined rubbing his arm.

"See!  With you it's always hitting," he complained.  I rolled my eyes.  He was such a wimp.  

"Fine.  Don't answer me.   Just know that if you do anything to make noona cry then Jaehyo gets it," I threatened.  I heard him gasp.  

"Not our visual,” he whispered.  I smirked. He knew I meant business.  

"But, if noona likes you, then you'll have to marry her," I told him.  He stared at me with dead eyes.  

"Look, noona is more important than you.  So, if she needs you to be happy, then I'll make sure that you're there.  I realize that I have to let someone marry her.  I can't let her be alone forever," I told him.  He stared at me looking like he had wax for brains.  Our maknae was special beyond others.  I flicked his ear to annoy him.  He never expected it.  

Noona was cleaning up.   She'd messed up her sheets and now she'd rearranged all the pillows.

"Oh, your manager called.  I told him you two were sleeping over," she said.  I watched her to see if that was the case.  I doubted it but either way she'd gotten him to agree to us staying here.  That meant more work to try to get home without him. 

"Ok," I said.  I heard a bang as Jihoon shut a drawer in the bathroom.  Then there was a whoomp as I threw a pillow at his face as he walked out of the bathroom.

"Yah, Jihoon turn off the light before you get into bed," noona said.  I looked at her, but decided not to comment.  I would let her have some space.  I'd ask her later if she really wanted to date anyone.  It was nearly like we were kids again as the three of us lay there trying to fall asleep.  Yujin was missing but we all knew better than to bother her.  I pretended not to notice that Jihoon slid in next to my sister so she was between us.  It was possible he just didn't want to be hit again.  

"Jihoon? Will you sing the sleep song?" She asked.  I smiled.  It was something we'd written when we were little about turtles and frogs tucking into their beds beneath lily pads.  It made little sense now, but at the time we'd loved it.  He started singing about how the turtles sat on their logs and the frogs swam with ease.  I heard noona sigh contentedly next to me before we started to fall asleep.  

I woke up having to pee.  I'd forgotten before I went to bed.  Partly because I hadn't expected to stay.  With the light from the bathroom shining on the bed on the way out, I saw them.  Noona had her arm on his chest and her head on his arm which held her close to him.  I didn't think it was nothing after all.  I'd have to watch them closely to make certain that noona didn't get hurt. 

I slid back into bed yanking the covers over me greedily.  I felt them stir and felt a little pleased with myself.  It was petty, but noona rolled over.    I still needed a chance to adjust to the idea that noona was interested in Jihoon.