Chapter 9

Hope

 

“Are you sure having a Facebook account could increase my numbers of international fans and allow me to communicate better with them?” asked Jung Min as he sat in front of his computer with the main page of Facebook website appearing on the screen.

“Of course.  You have no idea how big Facebook is right now.  And the best thing is that, you can link it to your twitter account.  So you have two updates at the same time and you could manage to cover two different crowds.  The one that follows you on Facebook and the other one with twitter.”

Jung Min pondered with the idea for a second.  “What if someone posed as me?”

She smiled.  “You know what?  Twitter is much more vulnerable than Facebook actually.  Facebook has updated their security level and installed a new script that would not be as easy to hack into to get the username and password like myspace and friendster do.  You can believe me in this.  Not to the script kiddies that is,” she gave him a smirk.

“What does that mean?”

“It means, it can still be hacked into if the hacker is a real professional that writes their own codes, like me.”

Jung Min’s eyes were wide open.  “You’re saying you do this thing?”

“Well, it’s my job.  Especially if terrorists or criminals are using the social network sites to communicate with their accomplices.  And besides, I love the challenge.”

“So, you’re good at it?”

Yu Soo Min rolled her eyes, “I won’t be working with the agency if I’m a newbie.  Come on, just create your account already.”

“Yes, madam.” Teased Jung Min as he clicked on the register button. 

 

They spent a few minutes on registering the new account and she guided him with the security settings and the personalization control that he can do with the application.

“Okay, now you can start promoting your new account on your twitter.  You’ll see the increase number of fans in just a few minutes.”

 

She stepped away from him as he logged out and surf the Internet but was stopped by Jung Min, “Wait.  I need you to help me with my homepage.”

“Your homepage?”

“My company’s.”

 

Soo Min was surprised by what she heard.  ‘He has a company? When did he have time to manage it?  I’ve been here for two days now and even though I spend most of the time at home with Jung Min due to his operation rehabilitation period but the others got out early morning and only come back after midnight.’

 

“Company?” she asked to confirm what she heard.

Jung Min gave her a nod and turned the LCD laptop monitor towards her.  “Meet Royal Avenue.”

“A female fashion clothing online store?”

Jung Min glared at her, “What?  Just because I’m a guy, I can’t be an expert in the female fashion?  I love fashion, no matter it’s male or the female fashion line.”

She laughed at him being all sensitive about her question.  She didn’t really meant the question to be a critic.  She was quite impressed actually.  Her laugh made him pout and he folded his arms over his chest.

 

“Sorry…mianhe.  Okay…I’ll help you out.  Now scoot over.”

 

With him still pouting, he got up and stood beside the chair, leaning over to look at the monitor screen.  She sat on the chair and started to type, trying to hack into the website, starting with the simple SQL injection.  It was when Jung Min suddenly called out her name that made her focused lost, her fingers went through the keyboard, and she stumped through the chair she was seating to the floor.

 

She turned her head to Jung Min, “What just happened?”

Jung Min stared her in awe, “I have no idea.  You sat normally on the chair and you were typing…like a normal, solid being.  I forgot that you were even a spirit.”

 

The both of them stared at each other, confused by what had just happened.  It was when Jung Min suddenly laughed and slumped down on the floor, broke the connection.  She stared at him, furrowed her brows in the process.

 

Why was he suddenly laughing?

 

“Jung Min?  Are you okay?”  A voice suddenly was heard from the direction of the door.  She turned her sight abruptly to the direction, to where Kyu Jong was standing, a confuse look on his face, staring down at the laughing Jung Min on the floor.

 

“What?  What’s wrong?”  Another voice came to her auditory sense.  Jung Min slowly eased down his laughter and glanced over at the boys, a grin still on his face.  She now saw, one after another the members of SS501 came to stand behind Kyu Jong, looking at one another.

 

“Jung Min, why are you laughing by yourself?” asked Kyu Jong again.

Jung Min shook his head and shifted his eyes to her, making him giggling again.  She looked from the weird laughing Jung Min to the boys.  ‘He’s going to get it this time.  He doesn’t even try to cover his actions.

 

“Hey, you better stop laughing.  Your friends are starting to look weirdly at you.  What’s so funny anyway?” she asked, warning him at the same time, just like his friends, she was confused by his actions as well.

 

Hyung Jun stepped forward and was about to take a seat on the same chair she was still at, when Jung Min stopped laughing abruptly and yelled, “Stop!  She’s still there.  Her head…”

 

The sentence hang on the air as Jung Min suddenly realized what he just blurted out.  His eyes bulged open and his hand clasped his mouth.  Hyung Jun froze on his half sitting position, Kyu Jong, Hyun Joong and Young Saeng looked at one another and stared at where she was, even though she was sure they wouldn’t see her.  Jung Min secretly gave her a signal to move away from where she stood.

 

“Hahaha…I was just kidding.  Sit…just sit.  Ah, we’re going to Sukira right?  Wait, let me change.”  Jung Min quickly stood up, took his laptop along towards his room, ignoring the eyes that was on him.

 

She slid away from the chair and slowly stood up when she was clear from any of the boys.  She eyed the boys from the corner of the living room, near the side table where the boys stack the magazines and manhwas.  Hyung Jun has slowly straightened up and moved away from the chair slowly, eyeing carefully at the chair.

 

Hyun Joong came forward and gave the chair a little kick with his foot.  “The chair seemed okay.  What was that all about?  She’s there?  Her head?”

“Hyung, I’m telling you.  Something is wrong with Jung Min’s head,” told Hyung Jun, still with his eye on the chair, his hand holding tightly to Young Saeng.

 

She tried to imagine how she looked like at the chair, when she heard what the leader said.  And that made her laugh as well.  Now she understood why Jung Min had laughed.  She must have looked like a head on a plate served on the chair.  Still laughing, her legs accidentally gave the side table’s foot a kick and made the manhwa at the edge of the table to dropped on the floor, alerted the boys towards her direction.

 

“Who’s there?”