Chapter 32

Hope

 

“Where are we going?  You have a flight tomorrow to Japan.  Shouldn’t you be packing and sleep?” she asked, remembering the scene when Jung Min dragged her out of the apartment.  The other members, especially Hyung Jun who was playing StarCraft on his laptop, freaked out when Jung Min mentioned that he’s going on a date with her.

 

“Don’t worry.  I’ve packed my things when I stayed in my room earlier and where we are going, it is not that far from Incheon International Airport.  And the flight is actually at 9.30 in the morning.  Plenty of time for me to catch the flight,” he answered back, filling in all the questions that were bothering her, “so, be at ease and enjoy the date.  It is officially starting now!”

 

She laughed at his last statement, especially when he ended it, his right hand reached out to hers as he turned to look at her briefly and gave her his sweet, heart melting smile.

 

“Look at the road!” she firmly stated while slowly taking his hand and placed it back on the steering wheel, “I don’t want to come back to someone not alive due to a car accident that he himself put into risk.” 

 

She glared at him when she said it.  Though deep inside she was sad that she wouldn’t be able to remember him, she wanted him to be well and healthy.

 

“So, you are going back inside your body?  You’ve forgiven him?” he asked.

 

She could sense the excitement and concern in his tone.  Soo Min stared at the door next to her, since she was basically sitting on the floor of the car; the door was where her eye level was.

 

 

Soo Min knew Jung Min was waiting for her answer.  Taking a deep breath, she turned her sight towards the driver and looked up.  Looking up to the one man she could call her boyfriend.  The only one that has willingly accepted her even in this weird circumstance.

 

“Someone told me to let go of the past and reach out for the future.  And that is what I plan to do.  But I can’t promise that I would be able to let go of the past completely as it is what made me today, but…,”her voice trailed off as she search for Jung Min’s reaction. 

 

He turned his head towards her, waiting for her continuation.

 

She smiled at him before continuing, “…after knowing the truth, no matter how painful it was, after I accepted them, I did felt some weight have been lifted off from my chest.  It is true that my brother is the only one closest relative I have left and thinking back, if he didn’t do what he did, I would have ended up in a more depressing and ugly situation.”

 

Jung Min nodded and smiled, “I’m glad you finally think that way.  That person who gave you the advice sure is clever.  You should be proud you received his wise words.”

 

Soo Min laughed at his antics again.  Jung Min laughed together with her while concentrating on their journey for their first date.  Their conversations were then carried out in a much happier mood as they asked each others questions regarding themselves.  Getting to know more about one another, filling the time of the travel towards the destination that only Jung Min knew.

 

Time passed by and after nearly two hours, Jung Min parked the car.  “We’re here.”

 

She stood up and looked outside towards the dark black scenery.  “Where is here?  I can’t see anything.”

 

Jung Min took something out of the dashboard and grinned at her, “Don’t get out first.  Let me do the honors.  After all, this is our first date.  Let me be the gentleman.”

 

He quickly got out of the car and walked to the passenger’s side.  With a flash light in his left hand, he opened the door on her side and held out his hand for her.  She gave him a smile before taking his hand and stepped out of the car.  Her eyes still trying to figure out where they were until her ears finally picked out the sound of the waves.

 

She stared at the silhouette figure in front of her, “The beach?”

 

“Of course.  It’s near Incheon.  It’s open even at this hour.  And, it’s empty.”

 

He tugged her hand and with the help of the little light they have from the flashlight, he managed to get them to the sandy beach.  The both of them sat there and stared at the open vast darkness. 

 

“We are not going to be able to do anything much in this darkness.  I can even barely see you,” she said as she tried to focus on his face.

 

From the shadows, she saw him scratching his head and a sigh was heard. 

 

“I’m sorry.  I thought there would at least be some lights on at the beach.  I didn’t actually expect this.  Sorry.  I kind of ruined our first date.”

 

“No.  Don’t say that.  To tell you the truth, it has been so long since I last dated and with my condition, this is considered a good date.”

 

Jung Min’s figure faced her, even though she can’t clearly see him, she knew he was looking straight at her.  And then it hit her.  She lied.  Not being able to see him in this darkness is not what she would call a good date.  

 

And knowing that this would just probably be their first and last date before she went back into her body, if that was going to be a success; she wanted to make the best of it.  For him and hers.  As their sweet memories together.  At least one of them would be able to remember it.

 

She silently took out the necklace and put them on with her free hand discreetly.  Wanting to surprise Jung Min.  She held up Jung Min’s hand that was holding unto hers and slowly she loosened his grasp.  With her other hand, she took out his gloves one finger at a time.  Jung Min tried to protest but she shook her head.

 

“I want you to hold my hand.  Feel the real me,” she said, grasping his gloveless hand with her own while closing on the gap between them, “You deserve at least that for all the things you have done for me in this short of time.”

 

 Park Jung Min tightened his grip, “Are you sure?  I don’t want to make you feel weak afterwards.  I’m willing to wait.”

 

“I’m sure.  This is what I want,” she said, her heart saddened when she heard that he wanted to wait for her to get well.

 

‘I’m so sorry Jung Min.  I hope this would at least lessen the burden when the time comes that you would be alone.  And though I know this seem selfish of me, but I hope you’ll remember me.’

 

She felt her body being turned to face Jung Min and before she managed to react, he hugged her.  He held her tight.  She could feel the passion, the uncertainty, the carefulness in the hug.  The feelings were mutual thus she returned the hug back.  However there are a few differences.  Jung Min was purely happy with the hug but Soo Min was having mixed feelings, happy and sad.  But she wasn’t going to spoil the mood grieving for something that hasn’t yet happen.

 

Jung Min broke the hug and closing in towards her face, towards her lips.

 

“I love you, Yu Soo Min.”

 

He confessed his feelings before finally, for the first time, she was kissed by Park Jung Min on the lips.  The kiss was soft and tender.  She felt giddy from the kiss.  It was nothing like the kiss she stole from him.  She closed her eyes as the kiss deepens and she was lost in it.  Realization finally sank in when Jung Min’s lips broke the kiss as he gasped for breath. 

 

Slowly opening her eyes, she stared at the figure in front of her, “Though it was fast and unbelievable, I think I’m in love with you too, Park Jung Min.”  She hugged him again right after opening up her feelings for him.

 

They spent the time cuddling on the beach, sitting at first and ended with them lying on the sand with her head rested on her boyfriend’s arm and his free hand wrapped around her waist, each other facing one another.  Her face snuggled at his chest.  They were so close together, barely any gap in between them.

 

The sun was up after an hour or so and since they were at the west sea, no sunrise for them to watch but the light was enough for her to see the sleeping Park Jung Min by her side.  Carefully moving his hand from around her body, she got up and faced the sea, recalling the night.

 

I was wrong.  This is the best date I have ever had.

 

 She was in cloud nine with happiness when the unexpected happened.  A green dolphin jumped over the ocean in a flip.

 

‘Green dolphin,’she instantly thought in alarm, staring at the unique being that was only visible to her, ‘A few days left. And I have no idea how many days it was.  I’ve missed count.  There’s no more time to loose.’

 

She turned her sight instantly to the sleeping Jung Min.  She tried hard to wake him up but knowing his waking up habits, it was not as easy as it seems.  So, she searched for his mobile phone and called the one person that he knew would wake up easily, Kim Kyu Jong.

 

“Yeobeseyo, Kyu Jong shi?” she asked the moment she heard the other side of the call picked up.

 

“Mmmm…” the person answering the phone sleepily and groggily answered.

 

“Can you please come to the beach nearest to Incheon International Airport?  Park Jung Min is sleeping on the beach and I can’t wake him up.”

 

“Yu Soo Min?  The beach?”

 

“De…I, I have to go now.  Please take care of Jung Min for me.  Tell him that I really love him and that I am sorry and Kyu Jong shi…thank you for everything.  I’ll miss all of you,” she quickly said it and ended the call instantly.

 

She placed the phone back into his jacket and trying hard to control the tears from dropping, she stared at him lovingly, pushed aside his bangs and quickly pecked his forehead. 

 

His mobile phone rang.  It could only meant the call would most probably be Kyu Jong.  Not wanting him to wake up just yet, she quickly leaned near to his ear, and whispered, “Thank you for all the wonderful experiences.  I love you.  Please remember me.”

 

As her last words ended, she took off the necklace and disappeared, leaving Jung Min behind.  Leaving her memories behind.  Leaving her feelings behind.  With a heavy heart.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

SS501 Chatroom

 

Yong Saeng:  What are you two doing? *looking suspiciously at Hyung Jun and Kyu Jong who was whispering and giggling in front of the computer*  

Kyu Jong & Hyung Jun:  Hyung!  Shhh.... *Hyung Jun motion Yong Saeng to come closer*

Kyu Jong:  Hyung Jun have this idea to come up with a story line for our Fanfic.

Yong Saeng:  Your Fanfic?  I thought Mecheko noona still on Jung Min's story?

Hyung Jun:  Ya!  That horse's story is ending already.  Noona never write more that 40 chapters.

Hyun Joong:  Don't talk to your hyung in that tone!  *smacking Hyung Jun's head*

Hyung Jun:  When did you...?  *he looked over at Kyu Jong but his partner in crime just raised his shoulder and shook his head*

Hyun Joong: So, what's your storyline?  *ignoring the two boys and stared at the monitor screen*

Hyung Jun:  *proudly* Mine is about a detective trying to solve a murder case but fallen in love with the murderer.

Hyun Joong:  Lame.  Yours?  *looking over at Kyu Jong*

Hyung Jun:  What do you mean?  Hyung...

Hyun Joong:  Kyu, yours?  *again, ignoring the magnae*

Kyu Jong:  Mine about a lonely boy who helped a girl but ended had to take care of her siblings as they came to him for help.  But he was happy because now he has a family.

Hyun Joong:   *turned to look at Yong Saeng*  Let's go.  They have no talent.  They should just leave the storyline to noona.  Want to go have ice cream?

Yong Saeng:  Sure.  You buying?  *left with Hyun Joong, leaving the two boys baffled*

Kyu Jong:  Is it really that bad?  *looking over at Hyung Jun*

Hyung Jun:  I have an idea.  *staring straight at the readers*  Tell us what you think of our idea for our own fanfic.

Kyu Jong:  *look at the readers too and smile*  And vote which one of us you'd want to read first?

Hyung Jun & Kyu Jong:  Thank you for your support and hope that you enjoyed the new chapter.  *bowed to the readers*