Chapter 15

Hope

 

Yu Soo Min woke up the next morning greeted by shouts and yelling and furious knockings on the door.  She turned to her side, remembering the person who had slept next to her and whom all the rackets was all about.  If someone had told her before that spirits could still have blood pumped inside their veins, she would have laughed at the news because it was irrational and not logical.  But as of now, she was not so sure herself as she, a spirit, felt a little flushed by the scene in front of her. 

 

Jung Min had sprawled across the floor with his shirt curled up to his chest, showing of his abdomen and fresh bare skin and his sweat pants pulled down a bit showing off his hip bones and if it were stretched down just about 10 centimeters more, she would have seen what her eyes should not.  And not to mention the way his left leg and right arm were if she was solid, on her thighs and chest.  She quickly made her way standing up and looked away.  Walking towards the door, she poked her head out, getting the shocked of her life as she saw fists and more fists coming at her.  Instantly, she pulled backwards and smiled when she realized the fists were actually aiming at the door.

 

Jung Min is a real heavy sleeper.  He didn’t steer a bit with all this noise.  Maybe, I should help out the boys a bit.  Emmm…how did I manage to type on the keyboard yesterday?  At that time, I didn’t feel cautious about me being a spirit.  But I am now.  I could possibly focus and channel my mind like how I practiced witting on the hospital’s bench?  Well, I could give it a try,’ Soo Min thought to herself as she stared at the doorknob.  All it need was just a little force to swing it to the left to unlock it.

 

She focused hard and as the noise start to fade out and her only focus was on the doorknob, she gave it a try and what do you know, her theory worked.  The door turned, just enough to unlock it and the boys, upon hearing the clicked, opened the door, hurried in and grabbed hold of Jung Min, shouting out his name.  Leader on his hands, Kyu Jong on the legs and Hyung Jun shook his body furiously while Young Saeng just stared at their effort to wake Jung Min up on the side; his dimple smile appeared on his face.

 

She left them to settle with their business with Jung Min as she realized how violent it became and dangerous it was too her as the boys start to strip off Jung Min’s clothes when he gave a violent fight to the people disturbing his sleep.

 

Walking towards the living room and went out to the balcony, she sat on the floor.  She let loose of her pony tailed hair and went through them in a combing manner with her fingers, her eyes on the light blue clear sky.

 

When the balcony sliding door opened, she knew who would becoming outside to meet her so she continued ‘combing’ her hair, ignoring the person behind her but when the expected person didn’t say anything to her, she became curious and whipped her head to the back only to be shocked again for the second time on the same morning.  It was not Jung Min but Kyu Jong.  He was staring down at her.  It spooked her.  ‘This is becoming more and more ridiculous.  How come many could see me in this spirit form?  But he had never shown signed of seeing me before.  Why now?

 

“How long have you known?” she asked him as she tied her hair back to the same ponytail style as she knew it would change to the style if she did it differently, not looking at the person behind her.  She waited for the answer but none came. Instead, she senses his change in position, squatting down beside her, his hand outreached towards her direction.  The gesture startled her and she pushed herself aside, further away from him.  That was when she saw what he reaching for.  Not her.  It was the won bill on the floor where she was before.  She laughed at her own wrong assumption and the unnecessary reaction.  The smiling face on Kyu Jong’s face when he took the bill and kept it inside his pocket confirmed it.  He was never looking at her.  He didn’t see her.  It was the money.

 

“Kyu Jong ah…what are you doing out there at the balcony?” asked Young Saeng as he approached Kyu Jong, the same dimple smile from before appeared.

 

“Remember when I stood here last night?  And I took out my phone?  This fell out of my trousers pocket.”  Kyu Jong his hand into the same pocket and took out the 10000 won bill he picked up from the floor, showing it to Young Saeng.  “Luckily it is still here at the balcony and didn’t flew away.”

 

Young Saeng took the money and put them inside his pocket, “Payment for making me come all the way here to check on you,” he said as his smile grew wider and grabbing Kyu Jong’s hand, dragging him back inside the living room. 

 

His hyung took his money and he didn’t say anything to it but instead having that grin on his face?  What is this?  They act like lovers.  But it can’t be helped.  That was just too cute.’  The famous glee smile was on her face as well, just like the fans when they saw something like that.  That unscripted reaction shocked her, “Eh?  What did I become someone like this?  Staying here with the boys has rubbed on to me some of their happiness and dorkiness.  I wonder if I would act like this after I wake up.”  Waking up.  Those two words wiped away the smile.  She still hadn’t decided.

 

But then she saw Jung Min appeared from behind his two friends, looking at her with a smile on his face, his head tilted a bit and his hand, still with the gloves on which by now looked a bit weird since it doesn’t go well with his semi formal brown jacket, held out a bit towards her.  Enough for her to see and understand what he was implying.  And that small gesture made her forget about what she was supposed to decide as the corners of curled up, giving him a smile when she walked over to him, taking his gloved hand in hers.