Chapter 12

Hope

 

 

Park Jung Min covered his shock by Eun Hyuk’s statement with a laugh, looking straight to his face.  “You must’ve got the wrong person, Eun Hyuk-sshi.  I didn’t even mention whether my new friend is a male or a female.”

 

“No…I am pretty sure I met the right one.”  Eun Hyuk smiled at him as if daring Jung Min to continue giving out excuses, denying the fact that both of them knew as Eun Hyuk turned his head towards her direction.

 

“Wait…Jung Min ah, your friend is here?  How come you didn’t introduce your friend to us?” asked Hyung Jun, whining, staring at Jung Min.

 

“Because my friend is not here, Hyung Jun ah.  Someone must have pulled a prank with our DJ here.”

 

“Okay…so tell us how you met your friend?  Even the listeners are interested to know.  They have sent in messages asking us about it,” asked Lee Teuk, trying to control the situation.

 

She walked over to Jung Min.  “Don’t tell the truth.  They would think you are crazy.”

 

Jung Min let out a sigh, “So, you all really would like to know?”

 

“Jung Min ah, you are making this sound so mysterious.”  Kyu Jong gave out a chuckle when he heard what Young Saeng said.

 

“I knew it.  This is all about your alien friend.”

 

All eyes were now fixed on Hyun Joong.  “What?  I knew all along he had a new friend.  An alien.”

 

They burst out laughing at the confident statement from the leader.  Soo Min can’t believe that Hyun Joong would still stick to the alien idea.  She felt sorry for him.  Walking over to Hyun Joong, she tried to touch him but as what she had expected happened.  There was no way she could let him know that she was not an alien. 

 

“Jung Min ah…please tell him that I am not an alien.  I really pity him.  Because of me, he got laughed at.”

 

“Hyun Joong hyung… you and your alien idea.  My friend is not an alien.  I got to know this friend when I was in the hospital.  Let’s just say that person made my time at the hospital more enjoyable.”

 

“Why are you trying to keep this person’s uality a mystery?” ask Kyu Jong, giving a questioning look to Park Jung Min who was sitting opposite him.

 

Jung Min gulped a little.  “Anni…Ya!  Why am I on the hot seat today?  Change topic…play a song.”

 

“Hahaha…it seemed that we did talk too long about Park Jung Min-sshi’s friend.  So now, let us hear a song from…” Lee Teuk concluded the conversation to continue on with the show with another song when Jung Min stopped him in mid sentence.

 

“Chakkanman… can I make another request?”

 

Lee Teuk laughed, “Yes Jung Min-sshi?  You seemed to talk and request a lot tonight.  But still, may we know what you are requesting?”

 

“Aigoo…Jung Min is trying to get the attention to himself alone and leave the rest of SS401 behind,” commented Hyung Jun, pouting.

 

Jung Min took a glance at Soo Min as she watched the whole scenario in front of her quietly from one foot back between Jung Mi n and Lee Teuk.  “I wonder if you have any song from Linkin Park?”

 

“Ya Minnie ah…when did you start listening to that kind of music?” queried Hyun Joong, leaning nearer to Jung Min, staring at him suspiciously, “or, this is the favorite group of your friend?  Now I am more curious to whom your friend is.”

 

“Hyung…what are you saying?  You are making it sound like I’m having a girlfriend.  Anniyo…I’m trying to listen to all type of genre.  To sharpen my knowledge on the international music,” Jung Min moved away from Hyun Joong and gave out an uneasy chuckle before looking away and ended his gaze on Eun Hyuk.  She saw how he held his gaze on her previous captor.  Something was in his eyes.  A feeling of accusation and anger.   It disturbed her but there was nothing she could do at that particular time to ease the tension between the two.

 

“Jung Min ah…kwaenchana yo.  You shouldn’t continue making them suspicious of you.  I’m okay.”

 

Lucky for her, Lee Teuk managed to cut in between the two when he mentioned that they do have a song by Linkin Park titled Crawling.  Tearing his sight away from Eun Hyuk, he took the chance to excuse himself out of the station for a while to go to the toilet.  She wanted to follow him but thinking that he were really going to ease himself, she stopped.

 

I can’t enter a men’s room.  Even if I’m a spirit, it’s still wrong.

 

Her eyes followed him out and when she saw him looking inside the studio, looking at her, giving a gesture for her to come out with his head, she smiled and went right through the wall, towards him.  They walked towards the emergency exit and entered it. He stood in front of her with his back facing her.

 

“Jung Min ah…”

“What happened?  Did Eun Hyuk hyung really saw you?” he asked, turning around and confronted her.  His concerned eyes looking down at her.  She could see his clenched hands as she looked down, trying to avert his eyes.  Soo Min was afraid that he could see the things she’s holding in from him, wanting to avoid the tension between Eun Hyuk and Jung Min from getting any bigger than it already was.

 

“Soo Min…what really happen?  He was missing at the same time you are.  Something happen.  Am I right?”

 

“Yes!  Something did happen.”

 

Both of them quickly turned their heads to the direction of the voice.  It was Eun Hyuk.  He was standing by the door, looking at the both of them.  She backed away from him when she saw the glove he was wearing.

 

“Now, now Soo Min ah…Why are you distancing yourself from me?  We have been close just now.”  Eun Hyuk took a step closer and closed the door behind him.  He stretched out his arms and grabbed hold the front end of her blouse.

 

“Hyung!”  Jung Min gave out a little shout and tried to stop Eun Hyuk from getting closer to her but he stopped when he saw the impossible.  He saw that Eun Hyuk were able to touch and grasped her without going through her.  It made him look at her blouse where Eun Hyuk’s hand grabbed hold on and back to Eun Hyuk.

 

“How…?”

 

“I have a gift.  And just for you to know, I’m taking her with me after the show is over.”