Chapter 17

Hope

 

“What are you doing?”

 

The first thing that came out of his mouth after he was done with his recordings and the sound engineer granted a break for them before the recordings were to continue with Kim Kyu Jong, leaving the boys alone in the room as they too went out for a break .  The question confused her.  She looked down at the boys in front of her, lazing on the sofa.

 

“Who are you intending the question for?” she asked as the same time Hyun Joong answered straightforwardly, “Nothing.”

 

Jung Min looked at her for a second before turning his gaze to the other four, “You were the talking about me, didn’t you?”

 

“See, I told you he knew.  His ghost…,” Hyung Jun’s words trailed off when he saw the glare Jung Min gave him.

 

“What are you talking about?  What ghost?” Jung Min retorted, closing his gaps with the magnae, “Oh, and can you please get off Hyun Joong’s lap, Yong Saeng hyung.  People will say you are a couple.  Geessshhh…”

 

“Yeah, Jung Min…aren’t you going to tell them about your ghost friend?”

 

All heads turned instantly to the door.

 

“Eun Hyuk hyung?  What are you doing here?” asked Kyu Jong, standing up and gave Eun Hyuk a little respectful bow, followed by the others except for Jung Min who kept still, glowering at Eun Hyuk, inching step by step towards her until he was standing right in front of her, covering her from Eun Hyuk.

 

“Hi guys…recording your new album?  I’m here to see Jung Min.”

 

“Hyung, what do you mean Jung Min’s ghost friend?  You knew about it?” asked Yong Saeng, glancing a little to Jung Min when he asked the question.

 

Eun Hyuk smiled, “Should I be the one to tell them about her?”

 

The statement rewarded him stares from his group members.  She saw in his eyes that he was uncomfortable to be put in the spot and it made her felt a little bit guilty for it.

 

“Eun Hyuk-sshi, why are you doing this?”

 

“Soo Min ah, you know why.”

 

Now, the eyes are back to Eun Hyuk when he suddenly said her names out loud when the others didn’t hear nor see her, except for Jung Min who was obviously glaring at Eun Hyuk.

 

“Hyung?  You can see the ghost too?  And the ghost is a girl?” asked Hyung Jun, looking around, “Where is she?”

 

“She’s not a ghost!” Jung Min cried out, “What do you really one, hyung?”

 

“You took something of mine.  I want it back.”

 

Jung Min looked down at his hands, “But, I need them.”  He turned to look at her as he said it; his eyes were looking rather saddened by it.  ‘Did he really want to touch me that much?’ was on her mind when she saw them.

 

“And I need them more.  For my second work.”

 

“You have a second work?  Other than an entertainer?” Hyung Jun asked, looking confused, “and, why are you looking behind you, Min ah.  She’s there?  The ghost?”

 

“Like I told you, she’s not a ghost.”  Jung Min pouted when he said it, dissatisfied when Hyung Jun kept calling her a ghost.

 

“I can’t see her.  Can any of you?” asked Hyung Jun to the other boys, getting a shook of the head as the answer.

 

Eun Hyuk chuckled a bit when he saw the confusion in SS501’s eyes, except Jung Min that is, “Well, what Jung Min wanted to say is that.  The girl is still alive.  Only her spirit had wandered away from her physical body.  In which case, she was supposed to go back to if she wants her chances to live again bigger than it is now.”

 

Jung Min turned to face her when he heard it.  Shock on his face.  It made her felt guilty for not telling him earlier.  He took her hand in his, “Is this true?  Your chances of living decreases when you are away?”

 

She shot Eun Hyuk a glare.  She’s not asking him to say anything to Jung Min.  She even asked him to let her deal with her own decision.

 

“He deserved to know.  Since he was the reason you are staying away.”  Eun Hyuk voiced out, staring back at her.

 

“It’s me?  I was the reason?” asked Jung Min, concern in his voice and guilt.

 

Great.  Now he thought I ran away and stayed because of him.  Eun Hyuk and his imagination.

 

No one was able to speak.  The 4 boys looked at one another and at the two, confused by what they were talking about and Jung Min’s attitude towards the invisible girl.  She was lost in her own thoughts, thinking on what to answer Jung Min as he waited for her answer.  And Eun Hyuk just kept watch, amusement in his eyes.

 

“So, this means that Jung Min has a spirit for a girlfriend?  Cool… No scandal would break loose,” Hyun Joong’s voice sliced through the silence.  Though she was glad someone has stopped the awkward silence to crawl on but Hyun Joong’s words disturbed her. 

 

Jung Min’s girlfriend?  That can’t be, can it?  He wouldn’t feel like that for me, right?  I’m a nobody and to add on, a spirit that would never be able to be close to him.  Why would he feel anything for me? ’ she looked straight into his eyes.

 

“It’s not true right?” he asked her again, ignoring what Hyun Joong had said.

 

“I should be asking you that.  We have just known each other.”

 

Jung Min stared at her, “Yesterday, I wanted to…”

 

“Stop!  I got to go.  I have other things in mind.  Please, Jung Min.  Not now… and no.  I didn’t stay away from my physical body because of you,” she said in a hurry, cutting Jung Min off as she imagined another place in her mind, hoping she would be away fast.

 

“We still need to discuss something…”  The statement was the last thing she heard coming from Eun Hyuk as she disappeared away.