Chapter 19

Hope





“Where are we going?” Soo Min asked, looking up to the person driving next to her, “You still have recording today, right?”

With a serious face and not even looking over to her, he answered, “We are going to see Eun Hyuk hyung.”

Actually, she had assumed that would be their destination when Jung Min suddenly woke up early that morning.  Earlier than anybody else and him leaving a note on the refrigerator before they made their way out quietly, made that instinct became stronger.  She knew he didn’t sleep well last night after she had cried her lungs out telling him about her current situation.  Remembering last night, she could still see the shocking and questionable look in his eyes.  The unbelievable stare, the tight jaw and the stiffed body as his hand paused mid air when he was tracing her face before the news.  She knew he was worried and really concerned about her condition, spiritually and physically, and not having the chance to comfort her the way he knew best due to her spirit state, was breaking him more inside.  But she didn’t blame him.  Not once.  He did his best to comfort her by words.  And she appreciated that.  It made her heart fond for him more.

“We need to know why it is going the other way around.”  He continued as he clenched the steering wheel tighter, snapping her wandered mind.

He wasn’t the only one.  She was curious as well.  She did what was told of her.  She was near her physical body and her chances of getting back into her physical self should have increased but the opposite occurred.  Did she have done something wrong along the process?  

The drive ended in 15 minutes time in front of a white office building.  “Are we here?  This is where Eun Hyuk-sshi lives?  Wow!  This look really luxurious,” she asked as she looked outside at the 4 tower building.

“This is where SM Entertainment placed their artists’ dorms, The Sharp Star City.  Super Junior’s dorm is inside one of the 4 tall building, building C to be exact.  Let’s go.”

Jung Min went to the other side of the passenger’s seat to open the door for her but she just went through the door and waited for him instead by the side of the door.  He shook his head; a slight smile appeared on his face, the first for the whole morning.

“You really are enjoying this form, aren’t you?”

“Well, it does come in handy sometimes.”

“Don’t be too comfortable.  Though I said that I’m okay not being able to touch you and that I’m glad no one would be able to see my girlfriend when I walk in the open with her, I kind of lied a bit.  I actually want people to know who my girlfriend is and I really, really want to be able to touch you, my skin with yours.  Not by some glove.  So, we better try hard to find a way for you to get back and living.”

Yu Soo Min heart beat faster when she heard his little speech of confession.  And not to mention the assuring and determine smile he flashed at her.  She gave him her smile as well, with a little nod and the teary eyes that she fought back from falling over down her face.  They walked side by side into the Building C and after mentioning Super Junior’s level at the guard, not to mentioning being lucky that the guards knew who Park Jung Min was, they let them passed and entered the elevator to level 11.

The door of 1101 opened after a few times Jung Min pressed on the bell button with the shirtless Donghae behind it, clearly just awakened from his slumber.  She couldn’t see much of the shirtless young man as Jung Min practically covered her sight with his body in an instance.

“Donghae hyung, can you please put on a shirt?”

“Huh?  Jung Min? Come in.”

“Hyung…shirt.”

“Wae?  It’s not as if you are a girl.  Just come in,” grumbled Donghae sleepily, as his footsteps can be heard walking back inside the apartment.

Without turning around, she heard Jung Min said, “You better stay hidden behind me.  The boys might still be sleeping and look a bit indecent.”

She chuckled.  ‘I can’t believe he is this protective and jealous.  I’ve seen some of the SS501 members shirtless before.  Maybe he shouldn’t know about that.

“Hyung, where is Eun Hyuk hyung’s room?”

“There.  On the left.  Coffee?  Tea?” asked Donghae as he was heading towards the kitchen, slightly away from Jung Min’s shield, allowing her to get a glimpse of who Donghae was and his body.

As they made their way to Eun Hyuk’s room, she heard Jung Min’s whisper, “You took a look, right?  Who has it better?  Hyung or me?”

Again, she chortled at his question, “You really want to know?  You may not like it.”

Jung Min stopped in front of Eun Hyuk’s door, glancing behind him, taking a look at her, “You should have answered that your boyfriend is a lot cooler and have nicer body.  Aisshh….”  A little pout could be seen on his face.

“Soo Min ah, wait here.  If he is decent, I’ll call you in, okay?”

She smiled and gave him a nod.  ‘Really should not say anything about seeing the others body.’

It wasn’t long for her to wait when the door suddenly opened and came dashing another young man straight through her calling aloud to Lee Teuk’s name in a panic note.  She didn’t like that note.  Quickly, ignoring the uncomfortable feeling of the young man’s encounter inside her, she made her way inside the room just in time to see Jung Min on top of Eun Hyuk, his fist up in the air and his other hand pressing Eun Hyuk down on the bed.

“PARK JUNG MIN! What are you doing?  Let go of him!”

Both men’s eyes now are on her.  Shock and anger clearly shown on Jung Min's expression but slowly, as he turned to look down on the man beneath him, he lowered his fist and moved away.  But he didn’t sat still.  He walked around the neatly, organized room and searched for something.  Soo Min watched him awhile before going nearer to Eun Hyuk.

“Eun Hyuk-sshi.  Gwaenchana?  Mianhe…”

Eun Hyuk sat up straight, holding onto his shoulder where Jung Min had pressed him down, his eyes on Jung Min as well.

“He told me about your condition.”

Soo Min gave a nod, her eyes following Jung Min as he made a mess of Eun Hyuk’s room.  “What is he searching for?”

“My guess…the glove.  And his way of averting his anger away from me.  Let him be.  Let’s the two of us talk.”

“Eun Hyuk…are you okay?” a panic voice entered the room.

Soo Min turned her gaze towards the door.  She saw the concern and worried look of Lee Teuk, Donghae and 2 other men, one of them was clutching onto a pillow, probably the same young man that went through her.

“Hyung…I’m okay.  Jung Min is just searching for something.  Let him be.”

“But hyung…I saw him coming into the room looking all angry and furious.  I was so startled and scared.  So I went to wake Lee Teuk hyung up,” said the one holding to the pillow.

Eun Hyuk smiled, “Jung Min was just angry that I took the thing he’s searching for right now from him.  Sorry if he frightened you, Yesung ah.  Lee Teuk hyung, Donghae and Heechul hyung, everything is fine.  Go back to sleep.  Yesung ah, can you crash with Heechul hyung for awhile till I’ve done with Jung Min?”

The four faces kept their eyes at Jung Min who totally ignored their presence before slowly closing the door behind them.

“So, where were we?” asked Eun Hyuk, adjusting his body, leaning on the wall, looking directly at her.

Soo Min glanced over to Jung Min, as he sat down on the floor, exhausted; in his hands were the gloves he’s searching for, his eyes looking down at the floor.  Probably waiting and listening to the upcoming conversation between Eun Hyuk and her.

“I went to the hospital.  I was near to my body but I couldn’t enter it.  Yesterday, I heard that my heart, the physical one, are weakening.  And that, I am not in a good condition.  I don’t understand, Eun Hyuk-sshi.  Did I do wrongly?  Was I too late?”

“Emm…I’m not an expert in this too.  Like I said  before, this is my first time handling this type of case.  But my opinion is that, probably your body is rejecting you because there is something you hadn’t cleansed yourself from?  A grudge?  Revenge?” Eun Hyuk stared at her, “I’m not sure but maybe your body wants the spirit to cleanse itself?  There’s nothing on this in any of the book or document my grandfather left behind.  I’m sorry, Soo Min.  I hope I could help you more.”

Jung Min looked up and stood.  He went over to the bed and took her hand, his eyes on Eun Hyuk, “Hyung,  I’m sorry.  Cheongmal mianhe.  Komawo…thank you for trying to help her.  Please, if possible, can you keep looking into it?  And hyung… I need this.  I…really…”

“Jung Min ah…just use them.  I’ll try to chant another one.  I have the note on how to do so, but never done them before.  It’ll be a good practice for me.  Don’t worry… I‘ll keep looking for more information.  But, I need to warn you about something,” Eun Hyuk said, his tone changed to a very serious one as he looked at her, “be careful and alert of your surroundings.  If you see a lot of yellow, small, living creatures around you, that would mean you only have weeks left.  The living things will get bigger in size and turn to green color, as it becomes days and lastly, men in white robe.  That means you only have hours left.  Only you will be able to see them.  Even I can’t see any of these signs.  And we will have to figure this thing out before the white men comes.  Because at that time, it would be too late.”

She felt the hand holding hers tightened as they heard Eun Hyuk’s warning words.  Soo Min gave the hand a squeeze.  She was scared of the new information as well because, the truth was, since yesterday, she has been seeing a lot of yellow butterflies and birds around her.