Chapter 28

Hope

 

The sky was clear and there were some yellow birds sitting on the railings, their eyes on her before they flew away, disappearing in the vast space.

 

I’m still in the week stage.  That’s good to know…but, how many days left?  16 days, maybe?  That’s not long… huh, I need to get things clear faster,’ she thought as she rested her forehead down on her propped up legs, closing her eyes.

 

“You should rest inside the room if you are tired.  What are you doing on the balcony?”

 

Ahh!  That…that’s…Jung Min.  What is he doing here?  Have they finished the shoot?  But I didn’t hear any noise coming from the other boys.  Ottoke?  What should I do now?’ she contemplated nervously, not taking her head up from her current position.

 

She felt a hand landed on her shoulder, shaking her lightly, “Soo Min ah?  Are you okay?”

 

Gulping a little, she made up her mind to act as if she was tired but at the same time wanted to have an open space to rest rather than a closed one such as the bedroom.  Slowly, she turned her head to the side.  The side where Jung Min seated based from where his voice were projected.  Her eyes still close, opening it slightly after, slowly, as if she was just waking up.

 

“Emmm…Park…Jung Min?”

 

“Soo Min ah, were you sleeping just now?” his voice sounded guilty, “Did I wake you up?  Mianhe, Soo Min ah.  But, why here?  At the balcony?”

 

She opened her eyes, trying her best to maintain her fast thumping heart especially when her eyes landed on the pinkish, full lips she kissed last night.

 

Stop…stop…my beating heart, please be calm.  How can my heart be beating when I am a spirit? Why are things so complicated?

 

Jung Min took her hand, waking her up from her world of talking to herself.  Her eyes went up to the boy’s eyes.  His eyes shown concern.

 

“Are you okay?  You look flustered.  Can that actually happen to a spirit?  Or that is part of the side effect of the necklace?” he said as his hand brushed her exposed cheek, making her to turned away from him, afraid he would see the reaction of his touch.

 

“Soo Min, is there something wrong?  Did something happen yesterday?  You seemed to avoid me since morning.  Did I do something to you while I was sleeping?  Coz, you were okay before I sleep.”

 

Soo Min bit her lower lip, ‘Oh no, he already suspected something happened last night.  It would be some time after until he realized he was not the one doing anything.

 

Jung Min’s hand caressed her head, “Soo Min, please look at me and tell what is wrong.  I don’t like it when you reacted like this.  I feel so apart from you.  Like you are giving signals to me that you hated me.”

 

“No…it’s not that,” she answered, her face still facing away from Jung Min.

 

“If it is not…please look at me.  Please…I miss seeing your face looking at me.”

 

She closed her eyes.  His words touched hers.  She didn’t want to make him feel bad when the one at wrong was her.  Taking a deep breath and letting it go slowly, she raised her head and turned towards Park Jung Min, eyes still trying to avoid looking at his face.

 

“Soo Min, you are looking away from me.  Look at me.  Is there something weird on my handsome, cute face?” he asked, touching his face, trying to get rid whatever weird looking thing he thought was visible.

 

Hearing his self-acclamation of being handsome and cute, she let out a giggle, her eyes automatically went back to the face she tried to avoid.

 

“There…that smile.  That look.  I miss that…even if it was only for a few hours,” he said as he touched her cheek, cupping them in his gloved hands, making her unable to turn away.

 

Her smile faded.  She felt her face grew hotter and her heart racing.  The only she was left to do was shutting her eyes.  She felt the hands that was cupping her let go.

 

“Something did happen…”

 

Her heart stopped. 

 

He figured it our already?

 

“Did you…before… you said you’ve used the necklace.  Did you…used them last night?”

 

Oh god…where, where should I go…’ her thoughts went to panic mode, trying to think of another place to disappear, but nothing came to mind.  It went blank as she continued closing her eyes tight.

 

“You did right?”

 

Her right hand was grabbed over by his.  She pursed her lips tight, nervous.

 

“And…during that time…did...did… I touch you anywhere, emm…inappropriate?  While sleeping?”

 

What?

 

She opened her eyes immediately, shaking her head furiously, “No…you didn’t do anything to me.  It’s not you…” she blurted unexpectedly.  When she realized what she had just said, she cupped with her free hand.

 

 

Her reactions are just as well as confession itself.  His eyes bulged open.

 

“You did… what last night?”

 

Her head dropped.  She was beaten by her own self.  She gave up.  She just had to tell him the truth.  No matter how embarrassing or obstruct she was, she had no other way out of the hole she dug herself.

 

“I…kissed you,” she said in the most low tone she could do, hoping Jung Min won’t hear it.

 

“You…what?  Kiss me?  When I was sleeping?”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

SS501 Chatroom

 

Hyung Jun:  I didn't know we could talk to the readers...hyung, did you know about it?

Yong Saeng:  *shakes his head* how do we do that?

Hyung Jun:  I'm not sure myself.  Kyu did it and noona seemed mad about it.  You think we should try?  *scratching his head*

Yong Saeng:  You go first.

Hyung Jun:  *smile and waved his hand*  Annyong...well, you know who I am right?  The most ambitious and going to be successful in the future, Kim Hyung Jun.  This here is Yong Saeng hyung. *pointing at Yong Saeng beside him*

Yong Saeng:  *smacking Hyung Jun's head from the back*  Yah!  Is that how you introduce your hyung?  And you call yourself a MC.   *Looking at the readers, giving his sweet smile, showing his two dimples*  Annyong...I am Heo Yong Saeng.  It's nice being able to talk to all of you fans and readers.  Noona would be most grateful knowing all of you like her writings about us.  To those who commented, thank you so much.  Noona and us really enjoys reading to your comments.  Keep sending them in...*Bowing*

Hyung Jun:  Hyung, you are closing the session already?  Hyung...*running over towards Yong Saeng who left him alone, pouting*