Chapter 29

Hope

 

 

“How long is he going to stay in his room?  It’s been 4 hours already,” Yong Saeng asked Kyu Jong, peeling an orange at the counter top. 

 

Kyu Jong who was watching Let’s Go Dream Team’s reruns turned his head around, gazing at his hyung, looking a bit shock, “Who has been in his room for 4 hours?  I thought only the two of us left in the house.”

 

Putting a slice of orange in his mouth, Yong Saeng answered, “The y charisma Park Jung Min.”

 

“Eh?  4 hours?  Hyung...did you think...he’s...emmm...in there, with...ermm...Soo Min, well, you know...” Kyu asked in a bashful attitude, making gestures with his fingers.

 

Kyu Jong’s statement and act offended her. 

 

I’m not even in the room!’’

 

 Yu Soo Min shut off the television using the remote.  That caught their attention straight away.  Kyu Jong stood up and bowed all over the place, muttering, “Mianhae Soo Min-sshi, mianhae yo.” 

 

She saw how embarrassed he was getting caught red handed.  Telling him she accepted his apology, she switched on the television again, but Kyu Jong doesn’t seemed interested on the program anymore as he walked straight to where the grinning Yong Saeng was and seated next to him.

 

“Hahaha…you got caught,” teased Yong Saeng, handing Kyu Jong an orange from the fruit basket they received from the fans.

 

Kyu Jong pouted and shushed him.  “So, if he’s alone, why doesn’t he come out?  And how did you know he’s in there?”

 

Soo Min went nearer to where they were; wanting to hear to their conversation.  Jung Min has asked her out of the room when she went inside earlier, wondering why he rushed into the room after the hard time she went through confessing to him of what had happened the night before.  It really puzzled her.

 

“I was the first to come in, right?  When I entered the house, I saw him walked straight past me hastily and went straight to his room.  He looked frustrated and somewhat bitter.  He came from the direction of the balcony,” Yong Saeng’s eyes then wandered, like he was searching for something, before he continued, “Soo Min-sshi, were you with him earlier?”

 

He looked frustrated and bitter?  Why?  He… hated the fact…that I kissed him?  I thought, he likes me,’ she thought, unaware of the question directed to her.

 

“Hyung, where’s the calculator?” Kyu Jong suddenly asked.

 

“Eh?  I thought it was with you.  No wonder she didn’t answer to the question.”

 

“You didn’t take it with you?  It was on the makeup table.”  The question was answered by a shook of head from Yong Saeng.  “So, how is she going to answer us after this?” Kyu Jong continued.

 

Yong Saeng pondered, “Kyu ah, where are Hyung Jun and Hyun Joong?”

 

Both Soo Min and Kyu Jong stared at Yong Saeng.  Probably thinking of the same thing, ‘Where is this question going to lead in order to answer the real question?

 

“Hyung Jun went back home.  Dinner with his family and will only be back after his Music High.  Hyun Joong hyung, I think, he’s on a date.”

 

“Ah…with noona.  Okay then, go inside their room and take anything you think can be use to communicate with Soo Min.”

 

Huh?

 

Kyu Jong probably thought the same thing as he looked at the older boy confusingly.

 

Okay, this is going to take some time just to find a way for me to be included in the conversation.  I might as well, sacrifice a day.

 

Before Kyu Jong could get up and did what Yong Saeng asked him to do, half heartedly, she put on the necklace, again, after checking the time on Kyu Jong’s wristwatch.

 

“It’s okay Kyu Jong-sshi.”

 

Both boys jumped from their chairs, utterly shocked by her sudden appearance.  They remained standing away from her, eyes focused on her.  She gave them a smile, in hope that they would calm down and act like they always do.

 

Putting her finger on her lips, gesturing to remain quiet, so that Jung Min wouldn’t know that she had materialized, she gestured for the boys to sit down once again.  It took them some time and a few side glances to one another before they sat back at their seats, eyes still on her.

 

“I’m confused too.  I was with him, before he went inside his room.  He didn’t want to see me either and I don’t understand why,” she whispered, twitching her eyes in discomfort of the stare coming from them.

 

Yong Saeng was the first to respond to her, “What did you guys talk about?”

 

Ah…this is hard to answer.  This is embarrassing.

 

“Is this about what had happened last night?  The reason why you avoided him since morning?”

 

The attentive Kyu Jong.  Straight to the main factor.’  She scratched her head, looked down and nod.

 

“Did you do something?  You looked embarrassed.  Did you kiss him while he was sleeping?”  Yong Saeng asked, matter-of-factly.

 

Her jaw dropped open.  ‘How did he manage to guess that?  Omo…omo…

 

“Hyung, I think you just hit the right button.  Soo Min-sshi, hyung here is a real expert on relationship.”

 

Yong Saeng smiled, satisfied at his win.  “Ahhh…no wonder Jung Min is frustrated.  You stole his chance to be cool.”

 

Soo Min furrowed her eyebrows.  She’s confused.  ‘What does he meant by me stealing Jung Min’s chance to be cool?

 

Seeing her respond, both men in front of her looked at one another and chuckled.  

 

“I think you are right, hyung.  That must have really made him angry at himself.  No wonder he didn’t want to face you right now, Soo Min-sshi.”

 

“Soo Min-sshi, Park Jung Min is really a petty person.  You kissing him first, means you, the girl he likes, took his role of the first kiss.  In his mind, the first kiss must be initiated by the man.  And he, not knowing about it when it happened just added more to the situation.  It is all in his mind… don’t worry.  He’ll be okay after awhile.”

 

She doesn’t really understand what the big issue was but she nodded nonetheless.  Glancing back to Kyu Jong, she tried to look at the time, but it was too hard to see as it was covered with his other hand.

 

“Kyu Jong-sshi, what’s the time?”

 

“Ha?” he looked at her, confused to why she had asked for the time so suddenly, “It’s 7.40.  Wae?”

 

That’s 9 minute.  Time’s up.

 

“Ah…ani…Emm…When Jung Min comes out later, tell him I’m going somewhere to try and settle my problem.  I’ll be back later tonight.  Tell him not to worry and don’t wait for me,” she told him in a hurry and took the necklace off instantly, leaving the boys midway of the conversation.

 

Thinking that she wasn’t around anymore, the boys continued with their conversation, “Jung Min is probably really happy and embarrass to see her because of the kiss.  At least now he knows that Soo Min likes him too.  Hyung, you are right all along.”

 

“Of course I’m right.  If only I could put the knowledge into action.  Hyun Joong already have a girlfriend.  Jung Min is having one too, even if it’s a supernatural one.  He skipped over me, and I am the second eldest in the group.”

 

“Hyung, he skipped over me too.  I want a girlfriend too.  Hyung, Soo Min-sshi is pretty, right?  Able to see her for real, no wonder Jung Min fell for her.  She has his ideal girl criteria.”

 

“I think so too.  I hope the best for the both of them.  Kyu ah, please clean this up, okay?” said Yong Saeng, leaving all the orange’s skin and seeds on the table for Kyu Jong to clean up and went straight into the room he shared with Kyu Jong.

 

She smiled when she heard what they had said.  After so long, she had thought herself as just plain and boring.  It felt good when someone said she was pretty.  And it filled her heart with happiness more when they said that she fit Jung Min’s criteria.  She left the apartment with determination.  She wanted to live.  She wanted to be with Jung Min, if possible.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

SS501 Chatroom

 

Jung Min:  Noona...noona...

Mecheko:  *coming out from the kitchen with apron on and a sadle on the right hand* Wae?  Why are shouting for me?

Jung Min:  When was I a petty person? *pouting*

Mecheko:  *ignored him and went back inside the kitchen*

Jung Min:  Noona.... *went inside the kitchen as well, shocked to see Hyun Joong* Hyung?  What are doing here?

Hyun Joong:  *tasting the curry* Cooking.

Jung Min:  I can see that, aisshh... but, why?  *scratching his head*

DING DONG *door bell rang*

Jung Min:  *stared at Hyun Joong* Are we expecting someone?

Mecheko:  Jung Min ah, stop pestering your hyung and go, open the door.  Hyun Joong ah...you better bid the readers farewell, if you don't want any scandal to come up on the web.

Hyun Joong:  *put down his utensil* Readers, this is a private dinner.  See you on the next update.  Annyong...

Mecheko:  *knocks on Hyun Joong's head lightly*  Be nicer to them.  They are the ones who reads and comments to the story.  *turns to readers*  Till the next update, bye and have a happy holiday.