Chapter 10

Hope

 

 

“Hyung, you really think that Jung Min is hiding something from us?  And why were you screaming ‘Who’s there?’ earlier?” asked Hyung Jun to Hyun Joong in a whisper, the corner of his eyes were on Jung Min at the back seat.

 

Hyun Joong nodded, squinting his eyes as if he was in a deep concentration, his pointer finger on his cheek and thumb under his chin. “I think he has an alien friend that went invisible when we entered the house.  The alien is the one that knocked into the side table.”

 

Hyung Jun turned his gaze back to Hyun Joong who was sitting next to him.  Confused as to believe his leader or not.

 

“We should ganged up on him tonight and ask him to spill out everything,” Hyun Joong concluded, dissatisfaction on his face, “you quietly tell Kyu Jong about this and I’ll tell Young Saeng.  Make sure Jung Min does not know about this plan.”

 

“Yes hyung.”

 

 

So, they are planning to corner Jung Min tonight.  I should warn him before hand.  And they have a weird imagination.  Me, an alien?  Most people would think of ghost instead,’ Soo Min thought as she made her way back to the last row of seats in the van, trying hard to squeezed her way without going through any of them. 

 

 

But before she managed to do so, the van stopped.  “Okay boys.  We’re here,” the manager said as he instructed the boys to get out of the van.  She was trapped.  Holding her breath, she sat down in between the first and second row of seats, and braced herself for the queasiness that she would feel when the boys started to get out of the van, passing thru her.

 

 

“Hyung, can we wait for a while?  I think I saw some fans at the entrance door.”

 

“Really?  Okay, we wait for 5 minutes.”

 

 

She opened her eyes when she heard it and glanced over to where Jung Min was and saw his face looking at her, giving signals with his eyes to quickly made her way to the back.  And that was what she did hastily.

 

“Fuh…thanks Jung Min ah.”  She gave him a playful smile, as she stood next to him, bending a bit so that she would not have her upper half out of the roof of the van.

 

He gave her a glare while pointing his finger at her, controlling himself from what she was sure, a scold.  She gave him a peace sign before jumping out of the van through the side, waiting for him outside of the van, a grin on her face.  She saw the ‘Wait, I’ll get you’ silent mouth movement by him.  Nodding her head playfully, she made faces by the window, trying to change his mood.  It took a lot of face expressions before she saw a slight smile appeared on his lips as he made his way out of the van with the other boys.

 

 

As he walked past her, ignoring her, she followed him still, “Minnie ah, don’t be upset anymore.  You’ll get older faster.”

 

 

The sentences got his attention.  He turned his head towards her slightly, “What do you call me?” he mouthed out in a low volume, trying to make them inaudible to the others especially Hyung Jun who was watching him like a hawk.

 

“Kyu Jong-sshi called you that.  Did I offend you Jung Min-sshi?” she asked, suddenly felt alerted, afraid that Jung Min hated the informality she’s using.

 

Jung Min shook his head a little, as he pretended to scratch his head.  “It’s fine.  So, what should I call you?  Noona?”

 

“Noona?  How old do you think I am?”

 

He wrote the number 2 and 6 with his fore finger on his palm secretly.

 

“Ya!  I am only 24 this year!”

 

He gave his neck a little stretch as he tried to hide the look he gave her.  “We’re the same.”

 

That made her smile.  She wanted to give her reply to him but they have made into the studio and had to greet the other people in it.  Looking around the studio, it amazed her.  This was the first time she’s been a radio station and a radio studio.

 

 

“Annyeong haseyo Eun Hyuk hyung, Lee Teuk hyung.”

 

“Annyeong boys.  It’s been a long time since we’ve met each other.  How are you guys doing?”

 

“We’re fine.  Please take care of us for the show.”

 

“Hahaha...arasso.  Come on, take your seats.  We’ll start the show in another 15 minutes.”

 

 

She turned around to see the boys bowed down and communicate with to two other older boys inside the studio as they took their seat at the side of the rectangular table.  Hyun Joong sitting on the left side at the end, beside Jung Min who was seating beside one of the two boys.  Kyu Jong sat on the other side of the other unknown boy, Hyung Jun and lastly Young Saeng.  She made her way to stand behind Jung Min, “Jung Min, fighting!”  However, at the end of the encouragement, she started to feel uneasy, like someone else was looking at her as her eyes are still on Jung Min as he gave her a little nod in front of her.  She lifted her head and eyed all the people inside the small studio room but no one was actually doing anything weird or peculiar.  She shrugged it off and continued to enjoy the live radio show.

 

“So, Jung Min-sshi, we heard you had just had an operation.  What kind of operation was it and how are you feeling now?” asked the DJ beside Kyu Jong, directing it to Park Jung Min.

 

“Ah, ne.  I had my appendix removed last 5 days and I’m fine now.  So, my dear Triple S friends, don’t worry, okay?  SS501 y charisma is still y and healthy.”

 

y, charisma?’  The two words made her laughed and even without looking at the so-called y, charisma, she can still hear him clearing his throat, obviously unhappy with her laughing at him.

 

“That’s good to hear.  Oh, and we at Sukira would like to wish you a Happy Birthday in advance.  How about the two of us have a birthday celebration together?”  This time from the DJ sitting beside Jung Min.

 

Eh?  His birthday?

 

“When is your birthday, Eun Hyuk-sshi?”

 

“Mine is a day after yours, April the 4th.  Let’s have a double celebration.  Super Junior collaborates with SS501?”

 

“Ah, that is a wonderful idea.  Let’s discuss this together later.”  Jung Min agreed to the DJ named Eun Hyuk.

 

“Jung Min ah…your birthday is on 3rd of April?  My birthday is on the same date!” exclaimed Soo Min excitingly at the side, looking directly at Jung Min.  Jung Min did the same when she said it with a big smile on his face, briefly before turning his head back to the others.

 

“Eun Hyuk-sshi, due the idea of having birthday celebration with Jung Min-sshi, we are receiving a lot of messages from ELF and Triple S.  It seems they want it to be held like a fan meet style.  So what do you two think about that?”

 

“Waa…Jung Min ah, you are making a lot of buzz now.  I’m sure we will see SM and DSP having a lot more fans’ letters and request about the celebration.”  Hyun Joong suddenly butted in the conversation.

 

“Okay now, I think that this idea are getting bigger and bigger.  So we better stop now and listen to a SS501 song.  So, any request?” said the other DJ, known to her now as Lee Teuk.

 

Jung Min glanced at her before he quickly talked into the microphone, beating Hyung Jun in the process, “I have a request.  Actually, I have this new friend that has no idea about our songs, so I want this friend to hear my most favourite song from SS501.  My solo, If You Cannot, feat Ji Sun-sshi.”

 

The others laughed at his selection.  “As expected from y charisma, Park Jung Min,” said Kyu Jong and it received nods and agrees from the others.  She laughed with them even though she still didn’t get the whole reason why.

 

“Okay, now we will Park Jung Min-sshi’s selection, If You Cannot.”

 

 

Then the song came on, but the boys were busy talking to one another and laughing, making it quite hard for her to listen to the song. Thus she walked out of the studio to listen to it and she liked it.  Liking not only to the song but his deep voice as well but the anticipation was cut short when she felt a pull by her wrist, startling and surprised her at the same time.