Chapter 36

Hope

 

 

“You’re done?”

 

She paused as she heard the voice.  She knew whose it was.  Turning around, her eyes landed on the voice’s owner leaning by the door frame.

 

“Yes,” she answered but held on to the gaze, “just got back from an event?” she continued, commented on what she saw, Park Jung Min in grey sweat suits with his hair styled and make up on.

 

He nodded; carefully making his was into the office, walking towards her.  She smiled at him.  She was happy to see him.  Today was her last day coming over to Royal Avenue and she had hoped she would be able to see him before she leaves.  It was three days after their first and last meet.

 

“Want me to help you pack?  I heard you’ve given out the recommendations and report about our system’s vulnerabilities.  Including the training for our administrators,” he said, standing beside her.

 

Finally she tore away her sight from him and focused back in packing up her things, “Yes.”

 

Everything was silent then after she gave out her answer as he helped her to pack.

 

“So, let’s go.”

 

“What?” she asked, confused by his sudden statement.

 

“Dinner.  And there’s somewhere I want to bring you.”

 

“Where?  Why?”

 

“Because now, we are no longer in a client and consultant relationship.  You can obviously go out with me now, right?”

 

His tone was positively not asking for her answer, it was more likely as a statement covered up as a question.  And it was clear from his reaction that he was not going to accept a negative feedback from her.

 

She gave him a slight nod, “I guess dinner should be fine.”

 

He smiled.  Picking up her things, he gestured her to follow his lead, towards a car waiting at the side of the road in front of his shop.  He opened the back door and set her stuffs inside before opening the front passenger’s door to usher her in.  She gave him another nod as she slid inside the black SUV.

 

“Please wait while I lock the store since I’ve asked the workers to go back ahead first,” he told her before closing her door.

 

She looked around at the interior of the car.  Again, feeling the déjà vu vibe, everything was so familiar.  It seemed as if she had been inside this car before.  It made her wonder, ‘Ever since I met him, I keep getting these weird feelings.  And this déjà vu is starting to annoy me.  What exactly is going on?’

 

It was not long before he returned and assuming the driver’s seat, ready to take her to wherever place he had in his mind, making her curious.

 

“So, where are we actually going?”

 

She saw the smile on his face as he kept mum on the answer, letting the question hang in the air.  After awhile, she gave up and turned her sight to the scene outside of the car when suddenly something came to her mind.  She bent down and touched the side of the door.

 

“What are you doing?” he asked, taking glances at her, confused by her sudden act, “Are you trying to jump off or something?”

 

Yu Soo Min glared at him, “If I were going to jump out, don’t you think I would aim at opening the handle?”

 

He chuckled at her answer, “Okay, at least we are clear on that…you are NOT going to jump out of the car.  So, what exactly are you doing?”

 

She kept silence and continue to feel around the lower side of the door, near her seat and finally smiling when she got what she was searching for.

 

“Found it.  You didn’t even clean your car from last time,” she exclaimed, holding onto a piece of 1000 won in her hand.

 

Hearing back to what she just said stumped her and she let go of the money, letting it fell back through the side slits of the seat.  ‘What did I just say?  From last time?’

 

She stared at Jung Min, noticing the same shock expression on his face. 

 

“Park Jung Min-sshi, I…I’m sorry.  I don’t know where that came from.  I can assure you that I do not break into your car.”

 

“No, it’s not that.  I believe you.  Actually, you’re right.  I didn’t clean up the car from the last time you were riding it.  I seldom use it after that day.”

 

Now it was her time to be utterly shocked by what he just said.

 

“I…I have been inside this. Car. Before?”

 

He glanced over at her and gave her a nod.  “I think we need to have a talk?”

 

‘This is so confusing.  What is going on?’  She nodded in agreement and waited patiently as he slowly drove them in silent to the Han River which was near to where they were at the current moment, skipping dinner.

 

Once he parked the car, he got out and went over to her side, ready to open the door for her.  Another déjà vu hit her.  ‘I’ve been in this situation before.  Him opening the door for me.’

 

“Soo Min ah?”

 

She looked at him, “This. It happened before too, right?”

 

“What?”

 

“You. Opening the door.  For me.”

 

He nodded.  “But things were a bit different then,” he said, chuckling a bit before continuing, “you don’t actually come out like this.”  He took her hand and ushered her out.  He didn’t elaborate further.  Making her more confused.

 

He didn’t let go of her hand from that point on as they made their way towards the farthest side of the Han River pathway, away from the crowd.  Even after he covered his stylish hair with the hood of his sweatshirt and it was a dark night, he could probably be seen by the fans.

 

They sat on the grass looking out of the river after they are sure that there weren’t many passerbies there.  That was when he let go of her hand.  And the moment he did that, she felt a bit upset by it.  She was happy he held her hand, thinking it was a great opportunity that she had the chance to do so with her bias.

 

“So, where do you want to start?” he suddenly asked after a few moments of silence between them.

 

She turned her sight away from the river and landed them on him, “I’m not sure.  I don’t know anything anymore.  I’m not even sure what was real any longer.”

 

“Okay then.  But, I must warn you.  Please keep an open mind about it.  It would sound so weird and absurd.  If it weren’t because of some witnesses, I would probably think everything that had happened was unreal too.”

 

Nodded in agreement, she kept her silence as he continued to tell her the story from his side.  And he wasn’t lying about how weird the story was.  But she continued listening nonetheless and tried hard to keep an open mind. 

 

I had an out of body experience while I was in coma?  And I dated him?’ 

 

It was all too much to take in but deep down she wasn’t as surprised as she thought it would be.  When he ended it, she was actually more surprised to realize how acceptive she was of the story.

 

“You know something?  That story should make me think you are crazy and weird but, I don’t know why, it felt right.  Or maybe I am just as crazy as you are,” she finally said after the long moment of silence.

 

“I don’t blame you.  But, it’s the truth.  After you’re gone, I tried so hard to find your whereabouts.  I even asked Eun Hyuk hyung and the other members to help me out but we can’t find you.  You’ve moved from the apartment you’ve told me at the beach and you’ve quit your work.  I only managed to get hold of your company when I randomly searched your name on Google one day and from the company’s site; I saw a glimpse of you in one of the pictures there.  That’s how I finally got to see you again.”

 

She didn’t know what to counter back after what he just expressed and explain.  ‘He searched for me?  I really dated him?  Me, with an idol?  Plain me?’

 

Still in her own thoughts, she didn’t realize Park Jung Min was staring at her intently, nearing her.

 

“Yu Soo Min, I miss you.  It’s okay if you can’t remember any of the memories we shared.  Eun Hyuk hyung told me about it.  It’s okay if you don’t have any feelings for me anymore, but, please let me continue to see you.  To let me try to woo you back to me,” he said as he suddenly pulled her into his arm in a hug, “and before you ask the same question again, let me tell you this.  You may think you are plain, but to me, you are beautiful and cute, and me being an idol; please think of me as a man first and as a man, I love you, Yu Soo Min.”

 

She was stunned by his words.  His words moved her.  She was touched.  Without realizing it tears started to form in her eyes and ran down her cheek as her body reacted towards the hug.  Her hands went over Jung Min’s body and hugged him back.

 

“Jung Min ah…I...I,” she tried to speak but she was too overwhelmed.  ‘Please, Jung Min, help me get back to you.  I want to be with you.  I know I’m happy being with you.  I could feel it.  It’s still inside here.  The feelings still lingered,’ she only managed to say it to herself, continuing the sentence that couldn’t be uttered.

 

Jung Min released her and held her on her cheeks, wiping away the tears using his thumbs at each side. 

 

“I’ll get you back.  I know you still love me.  I know it’s still within you,” he said, determined, as he rested his forehead on hers while her face gently.

 

 Soo Min raised her hand and held Jung Min’s hands.  She softly nodded. Tears of joy and mixed emotion kept running down her face non stop.  Sobbing in between.

 

“I really love you, Yu Soo Min.  Please don’t leave my side again,” Jung Min confessed again as he tilted her head up and gently, with passion, kissed her on the lips.  Still feeling overwhelm with compassion, Soo Min was static at first but slowly responded back to the kiss.  She felt her feelings flowed and exploded as the both of them continued to deepen their kiss, letting their feelings poured out on the kiss.  And only broke off to catch their breath.

 

Looking into each others eyes, panting, she smiled at him, “I think I’m in love with you too, Park Jung Min.”