Chapter 25

Hope

 

 

Kyu Jong was in front of her as they made their way inside the photo studio.  Jung Min was in front of him, having occasional look at her with frustrated look on his face which he always managed to cover when in front of someone else like the photographer, their manager and the coordi unnie or the other photo shoot crew.

 

She wasn’t talking nor looking at him since morning.  Ever since he woke up.  It was on purpose.  It wasn’t because she hated him.  It was just the opposite.  Because of what she did to him when he was sleeping, she has become self conscious of him.  His features.  His lips.

 

Why am I thinking about it again?  He would be suspicious.  By now he must’ve thought something must have happened last night.  I can’t keep avoiding him like this.

 

“Soo Min-sshi, are you behind me?”

 

The question surprised her.  Kyu Jong was the one who asked her the question without looking back at her.  It made her confused.  How is he expecting her to answer?

 

That was when she noticed his left hand was at his back.  Her eyes trailed down and found the calculator in his hand.  She smiled.  She even noticed that Kyu Jong had slowed down his pace, giving her time to punch in her answer.

 

1.

 

Hearing the sound, he knew that she had gave him her answer and even without looking she would reckoned he would know the answer but nonetheless he was being polite to see her answer.  Then he held the calculator to his back again.

 

“Did something happen yesterday? Jung Min seemed frustrated over something and you are avoiding him, right?”

 

He stopped walking as they entered their changing and makeup room, leaving the calculator on the makeup table.

 

“I’ll check the answer after I changed clothes and I’ll help to distract him.  Just don’t stray from this area okay?”

 

1.

 

She understood him and grateful to him for what he was trying to do, helping her, without asking to know the reason.

 

Kyu Jong looked over to the calculator’s screen and smiled.

 

“Which answer was that? You’ve forgotten the code?”

 

Huh?

 

“Heh, I’m kidding.  I know which question that answer was for.  You are agreeing to not go anywhere.”

 

“Kyu ah, what are you doing?  You still haven’t changed to your costume.”

 

Both of them turned their sight to the owner of the voice.  It was Hyung Jun, the magnae of the group, popping his head from the changing room.

“I got to go.  I’ll ask Hyung Jun to help you out with Jung Min if he come out first than me,” said Kyu Jong as he headed towards the room.

 

She’s left there alone.  Standing in front of the calculator, she cleared the screen and entered her answers for Kyu Jong’s first two questions.  During that time, she heard the door creaked open.

 

1 1 2 1.

 

“What was the question?  Both questions you answered are True.”

 

Soo Min turned her head to the person behind her.  The voice doesn’t sound like Hyung Jun.  Standing behind her, his elbow past through her back a bit from his stature of crossing hands over his chest was Kim Hyun Joong.  She moved away from his position, afraid that he would walk through her.

 

“You still here?” he asked, flailing his hand in front of him.

 

What is he doing?  It’s not like he would be able to touch me.  I’m a spirit, not an invincible person,’ she thought, laughing at his reaction.

 

“Since you didn’t punch anything, I assume you have made your move away from here,” he said as he stepped forward and took the calculator from the table.

 

“What did Kyu Jong asked you?”

 

Scratching her head, she looked at him confusedly, ‘Is he waiting for my answer?  He should know that is not the way to question me.  How am I supposed to answer that?

 

Hyun Joong set the calculator back on the table, “Can’t you write on the mirror like ghost movies always do?”

 

She sneaked in slowly around Hyun Joong, being extra careful before punching the number ‘2’ on the calculator, without clearing the previous answer.

 

“No?  That’s boring.  Being a spirit is not that cool.  If only you have the power to go around in a blink of an eye with someone else too.  I really want to go to Mars.  It will save me a lot of money if you take me there.”

 

Her eyes bulged open.  ‘He…what?  Mars?  That’s…weird.’ 

 

“Hyung, what are you doing?”

 

She moved her body to the right, peeking over Hyun Joong’s body to see Kyu Jong and Jung Min coming out of the room, with Hyung Jun right behind them, walking towards where Hyun Joong are.

 

“Soo Min…Hyung, be careful.  She’s right in front of you,” Jung Min warned him, hurrying to get to him, avoiding Hyun Joong from getting too close to her.

 

Seeing Jung Min approaching her, Soo Min went to panic mode.  She quickly moved herself away from Hyun Joong by vanishing herself to another place, their van.  She’s not ready to see him just yet.  How should she react in front of him?  He’ll know for sure that she did something behind his back and she’d die if he knew what is was.  It was that embarrassing for her at this moment.  If only she could tell someone about it.

 

Wait…

 

“Kyu Jong…I could ask for Kyu Jong’s help.  But how am I going to explain to him about how I was able to be visible?  Write to him?  Or should I appear in front of him?” she asked to herself, thinking hard what should her next step be because she really hated going around like this, avoiding Jung Min.  This is not what she wanted to be his memories of her.  But before she could deal with her self-conscious, she wouldn’t be able to look at him, what more being close to him like before.