Chapter 23

Hope

 

She came back to SS501’s apartment greeted by Jung Min’s loud voice.  She could detect anger and frustration in his voice as he said, “Hyung, how could you allow her to go to the studio?  She still hadn’t come back until now and the recording has ended an hour ago.”

 

Soo Min stood still at the balcony, keeping an ear to the commotion inside the apartment, in the living room.  From behind the curtain, she could see silhouette figures of three people sitting on the sofa, one pacing back and forth and the last one leaning on the wall.  ‘The one walking around must have been Jung Min.  Why is he worrying so much about me?  For god sake, no one could see me, let alone hurt me.  He over exaggerate small things like this.  Diva...

 

“Why are you worried?  No one could harm her.  She’s a spirit.  She could just hop into anyone for a lift.”

 

That must be Hyun Joong.  His view is really different from others.

 

“It’s her freedom to go anywhere, Minnie ah.  By the way, we can’t stop her even if we wanted to.  We can’t even see her.”

 

That one, emmm…probably Kyu Jong.

 

“But still…”

 

“Ya, Minnie ah, why are you fretting anyway?  You are acting like she’s really your girlfriend.”

 

Then there were silence.   She waited to hear his answer for the question that probably came from Young Saeng.  Even though she was sure he would agree to it or probably confessed, saying that he was her boyfriend for the past few days, she’s still curious. 

 

“She’s really your girlfriend?”  Hyung Jun’s voice travelled loudly outside to where she was standing, “What are you thinking?  She’s a ghost!”

 

“Stop saying she’s a ghost.  She’s still alive in that hospital.  True, I love her.  I want to be her boyfriend but…it’s only one sided.  Happy now?  Even a spirit doesn’t want me.  But I can’t change how I feel in an instance.”

 

He… he thought I didn’t like him?  Well, maybe I haven’t told him about how I felt or really shown him my feelings, but, I’m new at this.  I haven’t had anyone that I like or liking me ever since middle school.

 

“She likes you.”

 

“Mwoh?”

Mworago?

 

She was surprised to hear that statement all of a sudden, and so does Jung Min it seemed. 

 

Who could’ve known that?  Other than Jung Min, no one else can see me.

 

She continued to tune into their conversation, not sure when would be the best time to appear without making Jung Min or the others conscious of their conversation.  And at the same time, she’s becoming more and more curious of the other’s view about her and Jung Min’s weird relationship.

 

“Hyung, how…how can you tell?”

 

“Jung Min ah, she came back to you every time and she seemed to really care for you if she wanted to be with you even when you asked her not to.”

 

Soo Min pondered to who she was quite sure was Yong Saeng, words.  She noticed that Kyu Jong and Yong Saeng was the attentive ones.  She nodded, agreeing to the statement.

 

“Yong Saeng hyung, you sure about this?”

 

“Not 100 percent, but I am pretty sure to it.  I can’t see her to be really certain.”

 

“Hyung, why do you keep encouraging Jung Min?”

 

“Hyung Jun, don’t you want to see Jung Min happy?”

 

“I do.  Of course I want him to be happy and have a girlfriend but, hyung… this relationship is not healthy.  She is not real!”

 

“Why do you keep saying she’s not real?” Jung Min’s voice rose up as she saw his figure launching forward towards the one sitting on the single seat couch, with his hand high up.  Soo Min was startled by the event in front of her and she closed with her hand, shutting in the scream that almost escape.

 

“Stop!”

 

Soo Min turned her head to the left, watching as someone stood up from his seat and went over to the two.

 

“Jung Min, no matter how hard you hate hearing it, I am with Jun.  It’s really cool having an invisible girlfriend but at the same time, it’s not normal.  Hyung Jun and the rest of us are worried about you.  We don’t want you to be hurt at the end.”

 

She saw how Jung Min dropped his hand down and walked away from the scene, probably to his room.  Now was the right time for her to enter, as the others can’t see her.  Making her way in, she caught to their continuation conversation.  She stood at the side, looking at the four, finally noticing the one that stopped Jung Min and Hyung Jun was Hyun Joong, the standing one was Yong Saeng and the other sitting person was Kyu Jong.

 

“I was just worried for him.  I’m afraid he’s feeling will get squashed if she didn’t make it.  He did say that her health were failing,” Hyung Jun said, looking up at Hyun Joong with a concern look on his face.

 

Hyun Joong rest his left hand on the youngest member’s shoulder, patting it slightly, “He knows.  It’s just hard for him to accept it.”

 

“I think, all of us should just get some rest.  We still have our album’s photo shoot tomorrow morning,” Kyu Jong said, “Junnie ah, you are lucky he stopped midway.  If not, it’s going to be hard to cover the bruise for the shoot.”

 

Hyung Jun smiled a little, the same as the others before they made their way back into their respective rooms, vacating the living room.

 

Soo Min watched them before her eyes finally lingered at Jung Min’s room.  She stared at the door before walking slowly towards it, decision to act like she didn’t know anything solid in her mind.