Chapter 11

Hope

 

 

She gagged.  ‘Can’t breathe…

 

Struggling hard to get away from the one that kept a tight hold on her neck and hands, lifting her high up, kicking and arms flailing around but there was nothing to hit.  She went passed through the person. 

 

“Stop moving around.  You know you can’t hurt me.  So now, answer me.  Why are you following Jung Min around?”

 

That voice.  I’ve heard it before.  Argghh…but I can’t see who it is,’ she said mentally to herself, trying to look down at the person.

 

“I…I… too…tight…can’t…can’t breathe.”

 

“Oh, come on now.  You are a spirit.  You don’t breathe.  Who do you think you are trying to fool?  Answer now!”

 

“He’s…a frie...friend.”

 

“What’s your motive?”

 

Motive? What is he saying?

 

 

She gave her captor a head shook.  “A...friend.”

 

“I’m going to send you to the afterworld.  You don’t belong with the living.”

 

“Does…eehhmm…” she tried to clear , dried by the grip, “I’ll be…dead?”

 

 

She felt the neck grip start to loosen.  Taking a deep breath, she doesn’t care what her captor say about her not needing to breathe, she gave out a shout with all her might, hoping that Jung Min would hear it as well and come to her aid, “Let me go!”

 

 

Her captor let her go and she fell on the floor.  She quickly looked up and was shocked to see that her capturer was no other then one of the DJ.  The one that has the birth date a day after Jung Min and hers, Eun Hyuk.

 

 

He squatted down at her eye level, “What are you?  I’ve just realized the aura you gave out is different from the dead.”

 

 

He stared straight into her eyes.  His eyes serious and stern, boring down into hers.  It made her heart thumped faster with fear.  She scanned her surroundings in a glance, hoping so much that Jung Min would come along and help her out of this situation.

 

 

“Don’t bother with Jung Min.  My group member is keeping all five of them busy.  Now, back to you.  I have never seen someone like you before,” the DJ cut off her hope, holding onto her chin, turning her to the left and right, still curious.

 

 

Afraid of him and knowing she was defenseless against him since he could hold her and she was just the opposite, her eyes started to fill with tears which she tried hard to hold from going down her cheek.

 

“Are you the undead?  But your eye tells me that you still have conscience and that, the boys are still well and alive.  Tell me!  What are you?”  Eun Hyuk commanded, his voice hissed at the end.

 

“I’m…I’m not sure.  My body is still at the hospital and I…”

 

Before she could manage to finish her sentence, Eun Hyuk cut her off, instantly letting her go, “You are right now having an out-of-body experience?  Wow! This is my first time to see a spirit in this situation.  So, how’s it like?”

 

Soo Min’s eye bulged open.  Disbelieved by the sudden change of expression from the before scary boy in front of her into the excited one now.  But something from what he said shocked her.  ‘This is his first time seeing someone in my condition?  Then, he wouldn’t know how to help me out?

 

“Eun Hyuk-sshi, can I ask you how do you know about spirits?  And what do you mean this is your first time seeing someone in my condition?  There must be others who had the same experience,” she braved herself to ask him, seeing the now more relax and not nerve wrecking scary Eun Hyuk.

 

“There were.  My grandfather met one before but you are the first one for me.”

 

“So, how did it go with the one your grandfather saw?”  She was curious of the meeting.

 

“He died.  The spirit’s body died and my grandfather helped the spirit to move on.”

 

“Oh…” was all she said.  It was not something encouraging after all.  The news disappointed her and Eun Hyuk saw it on her face.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

She gave him a weak smile.  “So, there is no way for me to get back into my body?”

 

Eun Hyuk stared at her.  His eyes were not so confident when he said, “Sure there is a way.”

 

Soo Min looked down to the floor.

 

“Hey, I’ll help.  I’ll do some research on them okay,” Eun Hyuk tried to lift up her spirit.

 

“Thanks.  But, how do you know all this?”

 

“Ahh…actually, my grandfather was a shaman when he was alive and I inherited his gift.  Helping out the dead and the living.  So that the living continues to stay oblivious of the existence of the first and send the dead to the other side.”

 

“I see…emm…Eun Hyuk-sshi, how did you able to touch and hold me?”

 

The DJ held out his hands up.  “These gloves.  They were casted by my grandfather to catch lost souls that wander with the living in the real world.  Ahh…I need to get back in.  Hyung can’t hold off the boys too long.  He’ll get suspicious.”

 

Eun Hyuk rushed back to the studio room with Soo Min following slowly from the back.

 

“Eun Hyuk-sshi…where was you?  We’re starting to wonder,” The DJ named Lee Teuk tried to cracked out a joke while winking his left eye to Eun Hyuk.

 

She came in to the studio and met her eyes with Jung Min, hiding his concern look from the others.  A nod was her answer.

 

“Oh, mianhe Lee Teuk-sshi.  I met a new friend outside.  She was actually the same new friend of Jung Min’s.”

 

Soo Min snapped her head towards Eun Hyuk when he heard what he had just said.  ‘What was he trying to pull now?