Chapter 7

Hope

 

 

Looking at the window with her turning away from Park Jung Min due to the awkward situation from before, she kept glancing secretly towards Park Jung Min, who was also staring at the scenery outside the van, and each time her eyes landed on him, her face would fluster.  Though she didn’t actually saw anything but the picture was vividly similar to the scenario the both of them had in their minds.  Thus the silence between them ‘til now.

 

“We are here.”  She heard him say in a low tone, audible enough for her to hear.

 

Should I act like nothing happened?  That I have forgotten everything?  Because, I really, really ate this awkwardness between us.  Should I apologize?

 

The van had brake to a stop in front of a tall building apposite a playground.  She turned around to face him automatically, not even having second thoughts.  It was after her eyes met his than made her realized what she has done and her blood rushed up to her cheeks, making it warm and a slight pinkish color appeared.  She would have ran away if it weren’t because of Pak Jung Min’s assuring smile and normal facial reaction, like he always has before the embarrassing scenario took place.  His smile was contagious.  She can’t help herself from having one too.

 

I assume, we are going with the nothing-had-happened setting.  Works fine with me.

 

“So, this is where you stay?”  Her first question, finally breaking the 15 minutes silence.

 

He gave her a little nod as he made his way out of the van when the manager opened it from outside just right after she asked the question. 

 

“You go up first.  I’ll take your belongings up afterwards,” the manager said, closing the door behind him before she could manage to step out of the van.  Not that it was a problem for her, but it still shocked her to find that she felt a little hurt by it.

 

Even as a spirit, people still doesn’t notice me…not that I can argue about it if they can’t see me.

 

“Ah, I forgot something.”  She heard him say before the door to the van swooshed open again, revealing his apologetic face.  Seeing his gesture made her smile.  ‘At least, he acknowledged my existence…

 

He pretended like he was searching for something inside the van while she made her way out the normal way from the van rather than going through it, with him eyeing her, waiting for her before closing the door again. 

 

“I guess I was wrong.”  He told his manager, smiling at her since she stood just a little to the left of his manager.

 

She gave him a smile, “Thank you.”

 

He gestured her to follow him with his head, walking towards the tall serviced apartment. 

 

“So, who are your band mates?” She asked when they are out of earshot of the manager or anyone else around them as they waited for the elevator.

 

“Kim Hyun Joong, the leader.  The main vocalist, Heo Young Saeng.  Center of the group, Kim Kyu Jong and the turtle, Kim Hyung Jun.”

“The turtle is a person?  Why do you call him a turtle?”

“Because he called me Mal.”  He answered matter-of-factly as they entered the elevator and punched the number 10.

“Mal, as in horse, mal?

“Hmmm…”  

 

He gave her question a nod that made her laugh.  She can’t help it.  Her laugh made him pout.  The pout that she has seen him made for quite some time now and every time, she always found it so cute and adorable.

 

“Why a horse?”  She continued asking when they reached the 14th floor, still trying to get the answer.  The group members are starting to get more and more interesting to her. 

 

“He just has no taste.”

“Jjinja?”

 

Stopping in front of an apartment, 2 doors away from the elevator, “Can we drop the subject?  And since you know this…don’t start calling me Mal, arasso?”

 

Seeing him pouting again and giving her his stern look with furrowed eyebrows, she just nodded and raised her hand, putting her index finger a few millimeters away from his pouted mouth, careful to not getting it through him.  

 

“I love it when you pout…just like a kid.”

 

She saw his startled look.  Probably shocked by her sudden action but it was brief.  Really brief, before he straightened up and told her to wait outside for awhile, to make sure the boys were decent.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  I know i'm taking this fiction really slow and some would think it is boring with the details and all...but, i feel that se needs to identify what she can and cannot do in that state.  Don't you think so too?  Feel free to comment and tell me what you think, okay...anyway, i have a poll regarding this fiction.  Please vote...